• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I think I'm going to use it, just in absolutely miniscule amounts and as far from the air path as possible, lots of the old epoxy still remains so the pieces almost friction fit together as it is, I'm thinking some well placed epoxy on the outer edges of the remaining epoxy should be alright. In this video around the 1 minute 10 mark says any brand will do.

This is what I used to repair the glass joint in one of my US Custom Z Splinters, the joint has stayed in place since the repair.
FDA Epoxy Medical Grade Adhesive, Two Part, AA-Bond FDA15, 2.5gm kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HTGVCW...abc_XG26CXDJHDJT3J70DJJK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Notacaveman

@Notacaveman i have repaired a splinter and milaana of mine with standard JBWeld and it worked just fine. these areas dont get anywhere near the temps to be worried and i also let it sit for a couple weeks before using just to make sure the curing was done.
Thanks for the advice, I assumed they wouldn't get anywhere close either, have finished the reassembly, time to let it sit on the shelf and look pretty good a few weeks.

Attachments

• 16413050835701614033213893271125.jpg
    16413050835701614033213893271125.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13

GoldenBud

hey, i got the ELEAF iStick Rim-C and the NFE can't recognize the mod (tried 2 different type c cables, 3 version of NFE, including the one here)
any help?
thanks

edit: solution - https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/public-beta-stm32-branch.4654/page-8 - message #153
installed AF 211009 through NFE 318 that is mentioned in page 1 ofc (had to do the FIRE+PLUS button, twice, before the M177 I had Unknown device....)

Installed!
@bossman that's a lot buddy! Auto fire @ 210c , 45W, TCR 145 0.248 locked gives me amazing taste and clouds, video will come soon!

Last edited:

BigJr48

hey, i got the ELEAF iStick Rim-C and the NFE can't recognize the mod (tried 2 different type c cables, 3 version of NFE, including the one here)
any help?
thanks
Did you update the unit's software?

GoldenBud

Did you update the unit's software?
after reading the right comment in this thread, yes, and it's working like a champ
EDIT: yup, TCR 145 0.253 is a bit too high, reduced to 0.248.. tiny hotspot in the bowl

at 0.248 ohms it's so freaking tasty..
another advantage: this setup weights only 175gr

Last edited:

BigJr48

after reading the right comment in this thread, yes, and it's working like a champ
EDIT: yup, TCR 145 0.253 is a bit too high, reduced to 0.248.. tiny hotspot in the bowl

at 0.248 ohms it's so freaking tasty..
another advantage: this setup weights only 175gr
Glad to hear everything is working, enjoy!!!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Looks great, thanks for sharing these!

You don't need to lock resistance on the AF/Red Panda mods, just set the tcr value and max wattage. Looks like yours is already dialed in but one of the things I prefer about this post-dna Splinter life is not giving a thought to resistance 👍

FearAndLawyering

I will say, if you use locked resistance, you can edge up the ohms like +.001-.006 and get really really thick clouds. I know you can do the same by raising temp but it seems easier to nudge that way to find a baseline. my avb is super dark and I know I'm riding the line of combustion but I feel like that takes the device back to one hitter quitter status

GoldenBud

I will say, if you use locked resistance, you can edge up the ohms like +.001-.006 and get really really thick clouds. I know you can do the same by raising temp but it seems easier to nudge that way to find a baseline. my avb is super dark and I know I'm riding the line of combustion but I feel like that takes the device back to one hitter quitter status
do you have an idea if I can see my cold resistance in Arctic Fox? I dialed in just randomly, took a guess it will be slightly lower than my evic dual mod
45w, tcr 145, 0.248 locked, 220c

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
do you have an idea if I can see my cold resistance in Arctic Fox? I dialed in just randomly, took a guess it will be slightly lower than my evic dual mod
45w, tcr 145, 0.248 locked, 220c
It's nowhere near as svelte as the Rim C but the Joyetech Espion is the best Splinter mod from a performance standpoint and also has many more display options with Red Panda and the larger color display. You can set one little corner to display live resistance, another to show a hit puff timer, and a third to show the charge left on each cell. With the screen flipped the display details are great for bubbler use. When you get a Z I'd recommend putting it on an Espion or Ravage230

pudgewack

Hey @bossman, are there any performance differences between the Joyetech Espion, Ravage230, or Rim C when using them on a Z?

I am in the market for a new mod for my Splinter Z to replace a DNA250. Interested in trying the Z with Autofire/Cruise, so looking for a mod that can run Arctic Fox, Red Panda, or Tubo. I was thinking of getting a Rim C. Not only can I run Arctic Fox, but the Rim C would also help in my quest to rid my house of MicroUSB devices in favor of USB C. But I would hate for my dislike of MicroUSB be the reason for getting a mod with inferior performance.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey @bossman, are there any performance differences between the Joyetech Espion, Ravage230, or Rim C when using them on a Z?

I am in the market for a new mod for my Splinter Z to replace a DNA250. Interested in trying the Z with Autofire/Cruise, so looking for a mod that can run Arctic Fox, Red Panda, or Tubo. I was thinking of getting a Rim C. Not only can I run Arctic Fox, but the Rim C would also help in my quest to rid my house of MicroUSB devices in favor of USB C. But I would hate for my dislike of MicroUSB be the reason for getting a mod with inferior performance.

Their performance should be fine, the thing you might notice though, with a Z in particular, is the battery life with a single battery mod is all... There are a lot of benefits to having single battery however and I do like those, more so with a regular splinter though, also I like the Ravage more than the Espeon simply due to the weight!

GoldenBud

It's nowhere near as svelte as the Rim C but the Joyetech Espion is the best Splinter mod from a performance standpoint and also has many more display options with Red Panda and the larger color display. You can set one little corner to display live resistance, another to show a hit puff timer, and a third to show the charge left on each cell. With the screen flipped the display details are great for bubbler use. When you get a Z I'd recommend putting it on an Espion or Ravage230
I will be waiting for a store that sells the Joyetech Espion and ships to EU for sure
So far the Rim C is great. Running the Splinter V2 now with TCR 125, 0.252 locked. such a pleasure

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

I prefer both Red Panda mods to any Arctic Fox setup I've tried but @Shit Snacks is right that the battery life is the big difference between them and the Rim C as far as performance. I'll always be convinced Red Panda is top banana.

My personal preference is the buttons and battery door markings on the Espion slightly over the plastic full length button on the Ravage, but I only use autofire so it hardly matters.

Performance-wise I'm sure my Zs are where any difference would come from; the Red Panda mods just work really well and it's a shame only these two random mods are on the guest list.

A Rim C is proportional and works great for the less power-hungry V2. Arctic Fox really is easy and handy and for me an improved ritual over the excessive button pressing/holding of color DNA mods
I will be waiting for a store that sells the Joyetech Espion and ships to EU for sure
So far the Rim C is great. Running the Splinter V2 now with TCR 125, 0.252 locked. such a pleasure
Yeah that mod is such a good fit for a V2. I'm curious how the Herbie looks/works on it, speaking of V2s

Notacaveman

Splinter z side by side! I unscrewed the female 510 connector of a redundant vaporesso target mod I have and lengthened the wires. Works well! Now I'm planning on sorting out the exposed wires and making a leather sleeve to hold it all together and make it look pretty.

The mod isn't great for the splinter tbh, can't change the firmware and no TC, it does have pulse mode however, has anyone used pulse mode for a splinter and found it useful?

I'm also on the lookout for arctic fox compatible mods where the female 510 can be unscrewed, the rxgen3 doesn't allow for it. Would love to have a splinter in this form factor running arctic fox.

Sorry having trouble uploading photos, imgur album link is all I can manage it seems, can't figure out how to upload pictures directly even though I did it a few post ago lol.

splinter photos

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Haha thanks guys, I posted my comment, I think it's clear that it is a regular ZV2 to me, even though the blackwood on it is extremely light and more brown, just coincidence that it looks like cocobolo, while it says V2 on the box and has smoked glass so shouldn't be V1 bubinga either... There is just so much variance with the blackwood from China they used to make these! :2c:

Edit: @VGOODIEZ came in to say it was one sold by them actually, ZV1 bubinga it is then, however how did it get the dark glass...??

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

And PSA @Vlad the Inhaler started making these in three different sizes, the smaller sizes now available with narrower supper style mouth pieces, now available in pink and purple though they are going fast, there is also emerald green, lake green, cobalt blue, and amber available as well!
Screenshot-20220112-182358.png

Shit Snacks

Is there any other vendor that supplies cooling stems?

It depends what type of cooling stem, Phineas is the only who makes vigreux stems, and it is difficult to find 19/19 if that is the size you need instead of 19/22, since xl8r stems are no longer being produced... People said herb cafe still had RBT stems, so you can search around for other retailers like that to see if they still have stock?

Or you can look into a different style cooling stems, like using glass beads, wooden stems, etc, or you can try to go custom? I don't think DHgate has the right joint size...

Top Bottom