Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Vapesourcing let me put through payment directly for a purple Ravage (to add to my orange order) and then proceeded to sell them all without keeping one for me :rolleyes:.
Maybe some consolation in hearing that I'm not so enthralled with the gloss purple purchased on the sale a couple of months ago. "Bold" might be one descriptor, and it does look kinda sharp with the black V2 on it, but a bit too glitzy for my taste. The iridescent panels are very plastic "Vegas" show-ey. Definitely could have saved some scratch and gone with something from the matte finish selections. Personal taste.

I just didn't say anything earlier 'cause you guys have all been drooling over them!

GoldenBud

with that price of the ravage230 i got it too , how to use it? RedPanda is almost like arctic fox yea? configuration from pc? also cruise control etc?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
with that price of the ravage230 i got it too , how to use it? RedPanda is almost like arctic fox yea? configuration from pc? also cruise control etc?
Yes to all these things. I think if you know/like AF you'll really like RP. Use the same AFTools utility. I happen to like doing 99% of settings using pc.
My experience with box mods is very limited, but when I first got the Ravage I did download it's most recent firmware from manufacturer, so I have a copy of it on pc if ever needed.
Then I went to AFTools and flashed the RP.
Settings are better discussed with someone else, but sounds like you've got a pretty good handle on it so far.

SquirrelMaster

My orange and purple ravages already arrived from China today! Have not opened them up yet, and in no rush to do so, but pretty impressive especially at this time!
Ooooo, have you opened them now, and if so what do think? That's crazy fast shipping especially considering COVID and 2020.

Mine just shipped hours ago but I didn't expect I'd get it until late January. I'm not in a rush but so far Vapesourcing isn't winning me over. The price was right though and I am definitely not one to argue with a good deal.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Ooooo, have you opened them now, and if so what do think? That's crazy fast shipping especially considering COVID and 2020.

Mine just shipped hours ago but I didn't expect I'd get it until late January. I'm not in a rush but so far Vapesourcing isn't winning me over. The price was right though and I am definitely not one to argue with a good deal.
Yeah it’s definitely a YMMV situation with VapeSourcing. Out of 4 orders placed since October, 3 delivered within 7 days. Another placed on 10-25 is supposedly still making it’s way to me. Like you I was not in a rush for those items, so not a big deal yet. But the price dropped on the items before they shipped, and VS has ignored my requests for a credit or adjustment.

Jayvape

install tubomyevic on your wismec!! via NFE tools. tag me when you do, i will let you know exactly what to do (2 minutes configurations, easy)
with TCR prepare to be shocked! TC is so much better with the Splinters. it will be your strongest vape haha
Hi I know this wasn't @ me but I have tubomyevic on my wismec, could you let me know what to do to set up tcr? I have tried tcr in the past but with little success

Jayvape,

GoldenBud

Hi I know this wasn't @ me but I have tubomyevic on my wismec, could you let me know what to do to set up tcr? I have tried tcr in the past but with little success
buttons + w/ Pwr > into menu
then:
Interface > Clicks > 4 Set to 'Edit'
then go Back,
Coils > TUBO Set > M2 Change to '145'
Back
Coils > Manage > Make sure the resistance is locked (if not, click - to lock it, but lock it 0.005 under what it is already recognizing)
Go to main screen
4 clicks in main screen will bring you into Edit , then - or + to reach TUBO M2. then the TCR 145 is actually present.
don't go over 220C imo, at all, and firstable try it on 190C or so, don't go over 210C without trying under 200C because you can charr it abit

why you need M2 and not M1? because the M1 you can't edit in the last firmware
if you're not on the latest firmware, I suggest you upgrade

have fun ;)

Jayvape

Thanks! I tried to update to the latest firmware from here but when I use the updater, my device is not recognized. Thanks for the help anyway though

buttons + w/ Pwr > into menu
then:
Interface > Clicks > 4 Set to 'Edit'
then go Back,
Coils > TUBO Set > M2 Change to '145'
Back
Coils > Manage > Make sure the resistance is locked (if not, click - to lock it, but lock it 0.005 under what it is already recognizing)
Go to main screen
4 clicks in main screen will bring you into Edit , then - or + to reach TUBO M2. then the TCR 145 is actually present.
don't go over 220C imo, at all, and firstable try it on 190C or so, don't go over 210C without trying under 200C because you can charr it abit

why you need M2 and not M1? because the M1 you can't edit in the last firmware
if you're not on the latest firmware, I suggest you upgrade

have fun ;)
I was actually able to figure it out, thanks! What pwr do you have set? By default mine was at 70 watts, is this good? Or should I lower it to 50 watts or something like that

Jayvape,

florduh

So I bought a custom Splinter Z from UnklMark. He's basically put a Splinter Z coil in a regular Splinter body. It'll be delivered today, and I was hoping I could get some input on getting Temp Control to work.

Mark says he has it working in TC with the Tubo software. TCR 185 locked at 0.4 ohms. I'll be using it on a Ravage230 with Arctic Fox. Would the Tubo TCR settings translate to Arctic Fox? I realize no one is going to have a perfect answer sine this is basically a new version of the Z. But given the resistance and suggested TCR value, I'm wondering if the more experienced Splinter users can point me in the right direction.

FearAndLawyering

So I bought a custom Splinter Z from UnklMark. He's basically put a Splinter Z coil in a regular Splinter body. It'll be delivered today, and I was hoping I could get some input on getting Temp Control to work.

Mark says he has it working in TC with the Tubo software. TCR 185 locked at 0.4 ohms. I'll be using it on a Ravage230 with Arctic Fox. Would the Tubo TCR settings translate to Arctic Fox? I realize no one is going to have a perfect answer sine this is basically a new version of the Z. But given the resistance and suggested TCR value, I'm wondering if the more experienced Splinter users can point me in the right direction.
the TCR values are the same across everything except voopoo mods, i think they use a diff number scale
I use TCR 160 on my splinter z personally if the 185 doesnt do it for you. His given values sound fine as a starting point, people tend to tweak the numbers to find the perfect hit for them

florduh

the TCR values are the same across everything except voopoo mods, i think they use a diff number scale
I use TCR 160 on my splinter z personally if the 185 doesnt do it for you. His given values sound fine as a starting point, people tend to tweak the numbers to find the perfect hit for them
Thanks dude. Does the standard Z coil read at about 0.400 ohms as well? I'll have to play with it, especially if the body is significantly different than the regular Z.

florduh,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

The Ravage runs Red Panda not Arctic Fox. You're correct that most Zs are around .4ohms. If you pm me your email address I can send you the config file I have for my four Zs, all of which are on Red Panda mods (because they are the best Z mods ever).

Also worth noting: I never adjust or lock resistance with any of my Red Panda mods so even discussing or settling on a resistance is unnecessary. The TC profile is pretty much just 50W max and a TCR in the 145 range.
PXL_20201201_173759966~2.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah try with his TCR setting, but 160 should be right for a normal Z on red panda ravage.

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: florduh

EuroVapeSim2

Volvo FH Globetrotter XL
For those of us in Europe looking for replacement glass, specifically the custom Z version I came across this ground glass joint for sale in the UK.

My custom splinter Z was pushed off the coffee table by my cat recently which cracked and dislodged the glass from the wood. I ordered 2 pieces from this website and will update here when I receive them, I measured the dimensions of the original glass and it appears to match the specifications from the producers website.

Top Bottom