Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just one other thing are you locking resistance? At first everyone was saying to lock resistance, but then I read that the mods set resistance automatically, based on detected resistance, whenever a new atomizer is installed...

Haha yeah I was one of those who said always lock resistance, because that is how you do it with tubo firmware, but indeed with red panda ravage I have it unlocked and it seems fine. I do have the cold resistance locked for my arctic fox P80 though...

Edit: I am fortunate enough to have just received a new Splinter ZV2 finally and it does indeed seem to be a very nicely polished product! Can also confirm that the same settings I had on the black ravage with my ZV1 are working great with the ZV2 too!

PXL-20210119-211530649.jpg

PXL-20210119-205450716.jpg

Unfortunately it seems like the splinters are not able to screw all the way down flush on the orange or purple ravages... The orange one is much worse, I noticed even my black one is not entirely completely flush though it is close, and the purple is also pretty close but noticeable with a gap, while the orange is the worst with a big gap and looks to be sitting crooked even... Anyone else noticed this with theirs? I guess if it works fine then not a big deal just need to be a little cautious with them as I usually am anyway...

Last edited:

nachooo

@bossman The ravage arrived today and I managed to install the settings you kindly sent me for a custom Z splinter. All quick and easy, have to say that is working better than my previous setup, a wismec releaux gen 3 dual with tubo firmware.
Thank you very much for your help.

BubbleDrop

while the orange is the worst with a big gap and looks to be sitting crooked even... Anyone else noticed this with theirs? I guess if it works fine then not a big deal just need to be a little cautious with them as I usually am anyway...
You're right and I hadn't noticed that in the first place.
There is a little gap with the one I have in orange, even with the black/grey one.

Shit Snacks

Yeah they all seem to have the gap, it is worst on my orange one, and best on the black. You can even see it slightly on the purple in the below photo...

PXL-20210120-084026475.jpg

These look pretty good together though, stealthy black and showy pink!

But yes settings are so easy and simple with red panda and the ravage, excited for my espion too... Still need more splinters though! Despite not getting much use, purpleheart still looks good on the bronze RX250 and canarywood was just wattage G3D beast, but it may make its way to a red panda mod soon enough...

I also finally made one of those mini dosing capsules, by crushing one basket screen so it can be a cap for another, only fits in the Splinter Z using my RBT 19mm WPA, but allowed me to use a hydrotube more at ease... Big rip at 450 which was more like 380 actually... So my useable range is 340-480F it seems? We'll see with more use

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Haha yeah I was one of those who said always lock resistance, because that is how you do it with tubo firmware, but indeed with red panda ravage I have it unlocked and it seems fine. I do have the cold resistance locked for my arctic fox P80 though...

Edit: I am fortunate enough to have just received a new Splinter ZV2 finally and it does indeed seem to be a very nicely polished product! Can also confirm that the same settings I had on the black ravage with my ZV1 are working great with the ZV2 too!

PXL-20210119-211530649.jpg

PXL-20210119-205450716.jpg

Unfortunately it seems like the splinters are not able to screw all the way down flush on the orange or purple ravages... The orange one is much worse, I noticed even my black one is not entirely completely flush though it is close, and the purple is also pretty close but noticeable with a gap, while the orange is the worst with a big gap and looks to be sitting crooked even... Anyone else noticed this with theirs? I guess if it works fine then not a big deal just need to be a little cautious with them as I usually am anyway...

Been using these for years now on some of my 510 Mods. They take up the space, and offer a bit of heat for insulation. Or you could make your own, those these are cheap and ready to use!

FearAndLawyering

Splinter Zv2, trying out adding a preheat setting, 113% (62.1w) - wow. wait for it to hit temp, then another second or two and draw. most consistent and hardest hitting I've got it so far.

wismec ravage 230 red panda,
Z v2, TCR 160, locked ohms @ .42, 55W, 370F,
preheat 113%, 2.0s

I know the wattage is a bit high, but I think it should be ok it doesn't run that long. I feel like running this way is way more battery efficient and the splinter and mod don't heat up as much

imor jones

Hi hi,
I would like to buy a short straight stem. The normal rbt stem without Bubbles.
Somebody maybe knows a cheap source? Maybe from dhgate?
Thanks!!!

imor jones,

BlazeDis

Hi anyone managed to get the Red Panda firmware on the Espion/Ravage using a Mac or is it PC only ?
I got the Tubo firmware on my Evic VTC Mini a while back using the Joyetech updater . Could I flash the bin file using this ?

BlazeDis,

BubbleDrop

Hi anyone managed to get the Red Panda firmware on the Espion/Ravage using a Mac or is it PC only ?
This has been discussed some time ago.
There is no Mac version, so you could either use a PC virtualization tool for Mac, or (easier) borrow a PC for 10 mn and you're done. :-)

Hi hi,
I would like to buy a short straight stem. The normal rbt stem without Bubbles.
Somebody maybe knows a cheap source? Maybe from dhgate?
Thanks!!!
Have you checked ? They do have quite cheap items similar to XLR8, I guess you will find what you want there.

BubbleDrop,
Reactions: Summer

Trackrat

I have 3 mods set up with arctic fox for my splinters. I would like to change the firmware over to tubo. My question is, can I install tubo over the arctic fox firmware or do I have to delete arctic fox first ? And if I do, how do I go about doing that ? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Trackrat,
Reactions: Summer

GoldenBud

I have 3 mods set up with arctic fox for my splinters. I would like to change the firmware over to tubo. My question is, can I install tubo over the arctic fox firmware or do I have to delete arctic fox first ? And if I do, how do I go about doing that ? Thanks for any help you can offer.
yeah I have installed tubomyfirm over arctic fox many times, through NFE Tools, it works well, the installation itself deletes the Arctic fox and then install the new firmware

Shit Snacks

Curious why you would want to, at least for proper temp control configuration, I have not had much luck with the tubo firmware like I have with Arctic Fox and Red Panda... That could have to do with the mod as well though, G3D may just suck for setting up TCR? As opposed to P80 and Ravage...

Shit Snacks,

GoldenBud

Curious why you would want to, at least for proper temp control configuration, I have not had much luck with the tubo firmware like I have with Arctic Fox and Red Panda... That could have to do with the mod as well though, G3D may just suck for setting up TCR? As opposed to P80 and Ravage...
I'm about to try the Ravage230 bossman configuration with the Splinter V2. Up to which temp can I go without hotspots? with tubofirm, it's limited to 205C Imho, without any hotspots. but the hit is purely like a desktop tho. at 210C it's super strong but i could detect an hotspot there

with Red Panda I can go even 215C~? same TCR 145 **locked resistance 0.005 below the original detection**

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

I'm about to try the Ravage230 bossman configuration with the Splinter V2. Up to which temp can I go without hotspots? with tubofirm, it's limited to 205C Imho, without any hotspots. but the hit is purely like a desktop tho. at 210C it's super strong but i could detect an hotspot there

with Red Panda I can go even 215C~? same TCR 145

Sorry I can't really answer this...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: GoldenBud

Trackrat

Just to try something different and to see if I like it better. I have a evic v2 mini, p80 and a p228

Top Bottom