• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

ab12

I did look at some of the other vapes. But the fact that this won't waste the bowl (given he's prone to take a pull and just set it down and focus on whatever he was fixated on before) because it can be timed to turn off quickly...

I looked at the Arizer solo and fury edge but assumed as they were both convection. If he took a pull and let the auto timer turn it off, most of the bowl would have been wasted by the heat sat there?

ab12,
Reactions: Summer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I did look at some of the other vapes. But the fact that this won't waste the bowl (given he's prone to take a pull and just set it down and focus on whatever he was fixated on before) because it can be timed to turn off quickly...

I looked at the Arizer solo and fury edge but assumed as they were both convection. If he took a pull and let the auto timer turn it off, most of the bowl would have been wasted by the heat sat there?

You're correct, solo and fury are session conduction, they will keep cooking herb regardless of his inhaling... However the splinter is far from the only pure convection on demand device that only cooks when you inhale, only activate the heater when button pressed. In fact there are a few of them that also have a cruise autofire session mode where you do not have to hold the button down... Surmyevic is actually better than arctic fox and tubo firmware in the sense that to activate the autofire, instead of a double click, it's actually a long press... The option there is to set it up to 25 seconds, or infinity, so for your dad you would probably want to set it to 10 or 15 or 20 seconds... That would work fine with a splinter setup so he picks it up just gives it a hard press to activate the heater and does not have to hold down the button during his hit, and it will turn off right after his hit... Not sure about how well temp control setup will be, but it does have the same capabilities.

Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

Could you direct me towards some others to look at if possible please...

I'm just going to send you a message because we're not really supposed to talk about it other vapes in a given vape's thread

Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

Alright @bossman they are going to refund me the $18 from my first purchase that they ran out of stock on, so I can just reorder as you said the new deal with the stupid tank I don't want for more money lol

However without purple I really cannot decide what color I want! I guess I don't like any of them, so that makes it difficult, gloss orange with black is not bad, blue or silver with the black is also decent, or I could just go all black like you always say, but without a ZV2 I am less enticed I suppose??

Also by the way, what about the wismec predator?! I know it's not a color screen so no red panda, but could do Arctic Fox, and it seems to look much nicer, much nicer color options, similar code discount for basically same price too... The black with bronze is pretty sexy and would match my ZV1 well!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Alright @bossman they are going to refund me the $18 from my first purchase that they ran out of stock on, so I can just reorder as you said the new deal with the stupid tank I don't want for more money lol

However without purple I really cannot decide what color I want! I guess I don't like any of them, so that makes it difficult, gloss orange with black is not bad, blue or silver with the black is also decent, or I could just go all black like you always say, but without a ZV2 I am less enticed I suppose??

Also by the way, what about the wismec predator?! I know it's not a color screen so no red panda, but could do Arctic Fox, and it seems to look much nicer, much nicer color options, similar code discount for basically same price too... The black with bronze is pretty sexy and would match my ZV1 well!

Red Panda and Arctic Fox aren't the same, dude.

I've used Chinese and custom Splinters and Zs with Arctic Fox and myevic, Tubomyevic, and the DNA250C ecigprofiles and the Red Panda performance is better.

You've posted before speculating but you don't have a Red Panda mod so let's get you one so you know what I'm talking about.

Anyway fuck that Predator with its off-center 510.
PXL_20201123_233616437~2.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I received my Wismec Sinuous Ravage 230 today, and it was just updated with the Red Panda firmware (and loaded with profiles for the V2 and the Z), thanks to @bossman !

And thanks to you, I have decided on this brushed stainless for mine as well! I actually regret not getting that or the bronze for my P80 when I got it in blue though it is fine and was super cheap lol

Red Panda and Arctic Fox aren't the same, dude.

I've used Chinese and custom Splinters and Zs with Arctic Fox and myevic, Tubomyevic, and the DNA250C ecigprofiles and the Red Panda performance is better.

You've posted before speculating but you don't have a Red Panda mod so let's get you one so you know what I'm talking about.

Haha I know I am trying your patience my man, still appreciate you putting in all the effort here!!

I only posted that, because others here were saying Red Panda is indeed the same thing as Arctic Fox for color mods... So yeah I am still skeptical, whether it's the firmware, the mod, or both, how you can really compare everything, and know for sure, with so many variables?

Anyway fuck that Predator with its off-center 510.

LOL I was thinking about that, but is centered really so ideal? This one you can set it down on the shorter side non button side, like how I did with the cuboid and exactly like the P80 actually...

ANYWAY once again now, I'm ordering, I'm ordering... sorry if I have been frustrating you! And that blue vigreux stem looks fantastic with eleaf!

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
The brushed metal looks good with my Canary Custom Z, you'll be happy with it @Shit Snacks. As soon as I took a look at it I immediately ordered a second one in black for another 510 device. I just fired up the Z for the first time using the Red Panda settings from @bossman. It vaped like a champ on the very first double-click at 350, it hit so hard I had to turn it down to 340. This Z is a beast, gotta get myself in fighting shape to be able to handle this one, definitely need a cooling stem when I can find some in stock. Thanks everyone for all the help and tips, shout out to @bossman for helping me nail the RP settings right out the gate.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I received my Wismec Sinuous Ravage 230 today, and it was just updated with the Red Panda firmware (and loaded with profiles for the V2 and the Z), thanks to @bossman !

View attachment 3910

🥳

The brushed metal looks good with my Canary Custom Z, you'll be happy with it @Shit Snacks. As soon as I took a look at it I immediately ordered a second one in black for another 510 device. I just fired up the Z for the first time using the Red Panda settings from @bossman. It vaped like a champ on the very first double-click at 350, it hit so hard I had to turn it down to 340. This Z is a beast, gotta get myself in fighting shape to be able to handle this one, definitely need a cooling stem when I can find some in stock. Thanks everyone for all the help and tips, shout out to @bossman for helping me nail the RP settings right out the gate.

Glad the Red Panda mods are showing out. I have all my Zs on them now.
@Vlad the Inhaler has custom cooling stems with a larger interior diameter and better cooling than the XL8R stems. I like my clear one a bit more than the blue one but they're both very good. OregonGlassBlower.com made me some custom 7" j-hooks and the Sherlock style is handy with my Zs as long as I'm careful not to let the WPA fall out. Those j-hooks are nice with the Tinymight too.
PXL_20201124_135425626~3.jpg

Shit Snacks

Glad the Red Panda mods are showing out. I have all my Zs on them now.
@Vlad the Inhaler has custom cooling stems with a larger interior diameter and better cooling than the XL8R stems. I like my clear one a bit more than the blue one but they're both very good. OregonGlassBlower.com made me some custom 7" j-hooks and the Sherlock style is handy with my Zs as long as I'm careful not to let the WPA fall out. Those j-hooks are nice with the Tinymight too.
View attachment 3914

Yeah and the clear stem is 19/19, the blue is 19/22, right? @508phineas on Instagram where he is more active, easier way to order than messaging here for anyone looking btw

Shit Snacks

I have one of the clear 19/19s and they're pretty amazing. Even better than the XL8Rs. You can get a much bigger hit than you expected using this.

Yeah I have 19/22 Lake Green one, the proper vigreux cooling spikes are so much better and his work is so perfect! Used with my Milaana2

Thanks for the heads-up on that sale, @bossman. This purple Ravage is really the fulfillment of my sparkly dreams.

Looking good! Still bummed they sold out of that color haha and still trying to swap my order, we'll see if I ever have one in my hands...

Kinick23

@Shit Snacks i feel your pain. I ordered or so I thought I ordered the gloss purple. I checked yesterday as it’s been almost 2 weeks and shipping was supposedly 3-5 days. Come to find out Vapesourcing says they didn’t receive payment so my order was closed after 72 hours. Now I’m deciding if I should get the black or just wait.. tough decisions ha

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks i feel your pain. I ordered or so I thought I ordered the gloss purple. I checked yesterday as it’s been almost 2 weeks and shipping was supposedly 3-5 days. Come to find out Vapesourcing says they didn’t receive payment so my order was closed after 72 hours. Now I’m deciding if I should get the black or just wait.. tough decisions ha

Haha glad to hear I am not alone! For me I did decide on the silver, but they had contacted me when the blue was out of stock telling me if I showed them a link of a different product I wanted they will send me that and I can PayPal the difference. However when I showed them the product they wanted me to PayPal like over $20 (I had paid 18) for the full standard price, I tried to explain I had a coupon so maybe it would be better for me to just reorder and get a refund... They replied they would process the refund, but then when I went to check out their website wanted me to provide a photo ID through this age checker site (which I did actually end up doing for O'Connell and their sale) so I did not want to have to do that, turned me off, so I quickly emailed them back with a screenshot showing what the final price would have been if I check out using the coupon ($27) asking if I could still send them the $9 extra by PayPal, saying I would send it as soon as they could confirm... So far it's been a couple days with no reply and I don't see the refund yet either though which is making me hopeful I can still swap out... because yeah if they already process the refund, I'm not sure I'm going to bother ordering, already not thrilled about having to get a kit with the stupid tank I don't need for more money! I did come around on the silver color at least, so I won't be mad at it, not being the purple, but we'll see if I ever actually get it! :rofl:

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Kinick23

Shit Snacks

Haha glad to hear I am not alone! For me I did decide on the silver, but they had contacted me when the blue was out of stock telling me if I showed them a link of a different product I wanted they will send me that and I can PayPal the difference. However when I showed them the product they wanted me to PayPal like over $20 (I had paid 18) for the full standard price, I tried to explain I had a coupon so maybe it would be better for me to just reorder and get a refund... They replied they would process the refund, but then when I went to check out their website wanted me to provide a photo ID through this age checker site (which I did actually end up doing for O'Connell and their sale) so I did not want to have to do that, turned me off, so I quickly emailed them back with a screenshot showing what the final price would have been if I check out using the coupon ($27) asking if I could still send them the $9 extra by PayPal, saying I would send it as soon as they could confirm... So far it's been a couple days with no reply and I don't see the refund yet either though which is making me hopeful I can still swap out... because yeah if they already process the refund, I'm not sure I'm going to bother ordering, already not thrilled about having to get a kit with the stupid tank I don't need for more money! I did come around on the silver color at least, so I won't be mad at it, not being the purple, but we'll see if I ever actually get it! :rofl:

Have to double post for more:rant:

Well they did get back to me that I could pay the difference and not have to reorder, however by the time they did the stainless color was all sold out as well!! :cuss::cry::mental:

I actually asked if they could search around for any possible chance of one still available somewhere in the warehouse, but said I would just go with BLACK if they really are all gone now! So you have finally fully won @bossman, don't let anyone ever tell you hard work does not pay off :argh::lol::rolleyes:;)

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks arite I took the plunge too and scooped up the gloss orange. I decided it will look good against the wenge wood hehe

I actually also think the gloss orange would look better than the gloss black, especially with my ZV1, but I sent them the other link with the stainless and it is a dollar difference as well so whatever! I ended up changing my mind that I do think the gloss black looks better than the blue at least! :rofl:

SquirrelMaster

Everytime that Ravage goes on sale I miss it completely or the colors I want are out off stock. I need to check this thread more frequently :lol:.

That purple looks great @kineticsam very sharp!

I'm normally one for color but I just want a plain jane black or silver mod for my Bubinga ZV1. That purple though, damn it's nice.

Shit Snacks

Everytime that Ravage goes on sale I miss it completely or the colors I want are out off stock. I need to check this thread more frequently :lol:.

That purple looks great @kineticsam very sharp!

I'm normally one for color but I just want a plain jane black or silver mod for my Bubinga ZV1. That purple though, damn it's nice.

Well they seem to still have black, like I now ordered for my bubinga ZV1, if you want...:brow:

Shit Snacks

Oh? I must have the wrong link, I figured you scooped up one of the last ones. https://vapesourcing.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=wismec+sinuous+ravage230

No I still see it there, option for the gnome kit, I see now they actually still have purple on its own too, but from a China warehouse ...you use these codes for the kits though:

Hmm purple on its own from China would cost me $32 even it seems, I don't know if it's worthwhile... $27 for black (unless they find me a stainless) is where I am at right now and I really don't need two for $50 :lmao:

Last edited:

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I actually also think the gloss orange would look better than the gloss black, especially with my ZV1, but I sent them the other link with the stainless and it is a dollar difference as well so whatever! I ended up changing my mind that I do think the gloss black looks better than the blue at least! :rofl:
My black one delivered the other day, so I now have that one and the brushed silver. I was worried about them being too shiny, but in hand they look just fine, I think you’ll be happy with the black one.

Shit Snacks

Yeah mine arrived today, and only shipped out yesterday, perk of being in California with the warehouse! Funny though, how long it took to get replies, with colors going out of stock, when my original order was out of stock... but on all worked out because you are right I do like the black actually!

Screenshot-20201206-012618.png

@bossman was right this is a very comfortable ergonomic mod in the hand, and you can still set it down on its side to rest on a table with the splinter hovering. Despite the heaviness of two batteries it does feel more comfortable than the P80, also the larger size is more comfortable than the G3D... Yeah I could see grabbing another one if they get really cheap again, especially in the purple!

Loaded up red panda, using bossman settings, and you are right I had to leave resistance unlocked to get it to work properly! For some reason it shows a very low resistance, but whatever since it is working well it seems... This version of red panda is the latest, but doesn't seem to have logo support, for a custom logo like I have on Arctic Fox with the RBT logo. I found one that might have it but I'm not sure if it will work as well otherwise?... Aside from leaving the resistance unlocked, it does seem the same as arctic fox to me honestly...

I don't know pretty simple, I do wish that it would be possible on the ravage to adjust screen brightness, would like it to be a little dimmer... otherwise you are right bossman the larger screen is nicer to see more data! I have last temperature, last power, last puff time, and battery voltage. I also have the puff timer set to dominant so it replaces the f in Fahrenheit below the temp when I'm holding the button or using autofire (set to 25 seconds)

2 click autofire, 3 click off/on, 4 click menu, 5 on/off. TCR 125, unlocked resistance, temperature dominant, 345 (doesn't matter bc you change it by 10s to wherever though I wish I could make it on 5s instead like tubo) 50 watts power, 50 watt power max as well (default was 230 lol in another section), puff time max 25 seconds... Not sure if I'm leaving anything out??

Screenshot-20201206-012412.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom