• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Has anyone used JB Weld to glue a splinter bowl back in? The medical glue is hard to get and JB is supposed to be pretty heat resistant. Not sure if there are any real dangers?

Temperature tolerance measures whether the glue will fail and does not reflect off-gassing. I don't know whether medical grade glues are tested for off-gassing as they are heated but I would guess they are not. Here's a summary of the difference between medical and non-medical grades:

The bottom line is that for our purposes, I don't see any difference between medical and non-medical glues. I used a non-medical glue to fix my Splinter. Your tolerance of risk might be different.

androponic

vaped.
Has anyone used JB Weld to glue a splinter bowl back in? The medical glue is hard to get and JB is supposed to be pretty heat resistant. Not sure if there are any real dangers?
i fixed a milaana 2 with jbweld around the top rim of the glass as it just popped out one day. does not get hot at all and never had any issues. i did let it sit for a few weeks to a month before using it though just to give any curing or offgassing some time to take place.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Wismec Sinuous Ravage is back for $22 shipped from US warehouse in all colorways (the first of the two deal links):

Running Red Panda this mod (tied with the Joyetech Espion) is the best performing Splinter/Z mod for TC and setup is a breeze.

During checkout you can remove the free five pack if coils to reduce shipping and waste.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Wismec Sinuous Ravage is back for $22 shipped from US warehouse in all colorways (the first of the two deal links):

Running Red Panda this mod (tied with the Joyetech Espion) is the best performing Splinter/Z mod for TC and setup is a breeze.

During checkout you can remove the free five pack if coils to reduce shipping and waste.

Nice, this is a kit, not just the mod on its own? I got another email from vape sourcing that they still do not have the blue ravage I ordered (over five weeks ago?) in stock, telling me I can message them if I want something else instead or can just continue to wait indefinitely... I wonder if I could cancel that order and get any color I want here instead, but eh whatever lol

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Nice, this is a kit, not just the mod on its own? I got another email from vape sourcing that they still do not have the blue ravage I ordered (over five weeks ago?) in stock, telling me I can message them if I want something else instead or can just continue to wait indefinitely... I wonder if I could cancel that order and get any color I want here instead, but eh whatever lol
I'd cancel and reorder. That blue does nothing for me. All mine are the matte black but if I had it to do again I'd try the brushed metal because the buttons are more visible in dim lighting.

Yeah, it's a gnome tank kit but if you uncheck the free coils add on it'll still just be one box like the mod-only packaging.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I'd cancel and reorder. That blue does nothing for me. All mine are the matte black but if I had it to do again I'd try the brushed metal because the buttons are more visible in dim lighting.

Yeah, it's a gnome tank kit but if you uncheck the free coils add on it'll still just be one box like the mod-only packaging.

Maybe I'll just reply to their email and paste the link, saying I don't mind silver instead... Though I actually might like the blue, I mean none of them are great honestly, black is good because it hides the different color, but it also makes the whole thing look kind of blah to me, black brick, goes well with the ZV2 I am sure though, I've got ZV1 for it.

Screenshot-20201114-144926.png

Oh I see there are actually three other colors via the more expensive link... I think I even like this purple one above most of all in fact?

I think it would actually cost more money for me to reorder any of these, it was like $18 shipped for just the mod during the last sale

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: arb

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Link goes to "Vapesourcing.com", which wants me to open an account to do the deal? Do I have to do that step to get to checkout/enter code page?
I can also see the purple, blue, orange for $25.95 (which I would do), but can't go to purchase page on that one either.

vapviking,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Link goes to "Vapesourcing.com", which wants me to open an account to do the deal? Do I have to do that step to get to checkout/enter code page?
I can also see the purple, blue, orange for $25.95 (which I would do), but can't go to purchase page on that one either.

@vapviking you have to create an acct to checkout. I just went through the steps and picked up the gloss purple for 24.81. Note you get 500 points for creating an acct which is good for an extra $1 off at checkout!
The codes work for either deal and yes the form field is in the checkout process so you can't double check that it works like you can with some sites. But then I did just post what the real prices were after the code and shipping.

So yes, you can't just select PayPal and skip making an account at VapeSourcing and you can't put the code in before checkout just for the thrill of the chase.

Note: both deals work and the first link that goes to a full price of like $56 has the less obnoxious colorways and still drops to $22 shipped.

Anybody who scores a Ravage or Espion can hit me up for Z settings or we can add my Red Panda saved profile to the Splinter config sticky or something. Easy setup with faster heat-up and more consistent results than DNA250C mods that cost six times as much. You just need a pc to install Red Panda using nfetools like you would with Arctic Fox.

floribud

Hey Bossman curious what you're running. On my Espion and Splinter Z I use:
TCR 160
50W
Right now my cold resistance is at .43 so I'm locked there.
I don't use any preheat, but I'm curious if you do. At 50W it gets up to temp(380º) in around 4 seconds, but I usually let the whole thing warm up at least 10 seconds before the first draw. After 1 or 2 draws I turn it down to 330 or 340, for lots of flavor and clouds with minimal charring.
Just curious how you use yours?

floribud,

vapviking

Old & In the Way

@vapviking you have to create an acct to checkout. I just went through the steps and picked up the gloss purple for 24.81. Note you get 500 points for creating an acct which is good for an extra $1 off at checkout!
Thanks guys, just ordered one of those shiny purple ones to put a newly acquired blackwood V2 on.
It came to $24.81, shipped.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Thanks guys, just ordered one of those shiny purple ones to put a newly acquired blackwood V2 on.
I’m in for one of the brushed metal. The Z Custom with an intact glass joint delivered from Vapefiend as promised last week. I ordered a Lost Vape Grus last month from Vapesource, and the plan was to just put the Z on top and run it in power mode. But I’d like to also try it in TC mode via Red Panda, and this is a good deal on this mod. Recently installed Artic Fox on 3 second gen Eleaf Asters. Was an easy install and now trying to dial in TC profiles for an Impcognito and SAI TAF, but the Z is too big for the tiny Asters. I’ve ordered from Vapesource several times now, orders that are in stock and ship from US warehouse arrive pretty fast, China warehouse can take awhile, but never a problem with products once I’ve gotten them. Thanks OP for the heads up on the discount on this mod. Any updated screenshots of Artic Fox or Red Panda profiles that are working well with the Z?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

I’m in for one of the brushed metal. The Z Custom with an intact glass joint delivered from Vapefiend as promised last week. I ordered a Lost Vape Grus last month from Vapesource, and the plan was to just put the Z on top and run it in power mode. But I’d like to also try it in TC mode via Red Panda, and this is a good deal on this mod. Recently installed Artic Fox on 3 second gen Eleaf Asters. Was an easy install and now trying to dial in TC profiles for an Impcognito and SAI TAF, but the Z is too big for the tiny Asters. I’ve ordered from Vapesource several times now, orders that are in stock and ship from US warehouse arrive pretty fast, China warehouse can take awhile, but never a problem with products once I’ve gotten them. Thanks OP for the heads up on the discount on this mod. Any updated screenshots of Artic Fox or Red Panda profiles that are working well with the Z?
The Red Panda display is handy and customizable with the Windows nfetools app but the handy numbers it displays mostly aren't related to the initial config.

All I've done with mine is set TCR to 125, 50W max, and accept the unlocked cold resistance.

I've never once locked or adjusted resistance on any Red Panda mod and without exception the performance and consistency have been first rate. My temp stepping range is typically from 360 to around 400°. And no need to preheat at all, just watch the display reach temp and go.

The only other settings I change are preferences like the autofire and puff cutoff time. On the bubinga Espion I switched one of the fields to display Live Temp instead of Current. This is more fun on my ZV2, which has the display flipped for j-hook use, so I can watch the heater cool down as I continue my hit after disengaging the heater.

I've only been using fairly new LG HG2 and new VTC6 cells. By default Red Panda shows the level of each cell and I never go below 3.6 or 3.7V.

PXL_20201116_134239910~2.jpg

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I have a handy friend who broke the glass joint in his V2. Can someone direct me to replacement glass? 19/22 or 19/19 is fine and it doesn't have to be smoked.

Sorry for the double post: my edit window expired.

bossman,

Bluedawn

I ordered the female 19/22 and cut it down with a diamond blade on my Dremel with dripping water on it. It was easier than I thought it would be and it works perfect again. PS, the male 19/22 long stem is awesome, get a few while your ordering.

Bluedawn,

BubbleDrop

Hi there,

I'm new to the 510 vaporizers, and just purchased a Splinter and Splinter Z.
I have added a Vaporesso GEN S :

vaporesso-gen-s-splinter-resized.png

No specific configuration was done, I only used it between 25W/30W and got nice results.

Is there anything that could be done for any kind of improvement, or is this a correct setup ?
There are options to adjust TCR I think, but cannot figure out what to do with this.

vaporesso-gen-s-tcr-resized.png

Thanks in advance !

Shit Snacks

Hi there,

View attachment 3728

No specific configuration was done, I only used it between 25W/30W and got nice results.

Is there anything that could be done for any kind of improvement, or is this a correct setup ?
There are options to adjust TCR I think, but cannot figure out what to do with this.

View attachment 3729

Thanks in advance !

TCR m1 is what you would want, so you can adjust the m1 value up or down until it feels like you are getting true temp control with a locked cold resistance... No guarantee it will work though, staying in wattage is safest of course, most of us use different mods with custom firmware for setting up temp control.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Hi there,

View attachment 3728

View attachment 3729

Thanks in advance !

Welcome to FC!

The Splinter and Z are both amazing but that's not the mod to use for the best performance. For around $22 can buy one of the two mods that runs the Red Panda firmware (the Wismec Ravage or the Joyetech Espion) and then use the settings in my earlier post for guaranteed excellent performance in both wattage and temp modes.

My previous post:

The Ravage deal:

floribud

All I've done with mine is set TCR to 125, 50W max, and accept the unlocked cold resistance.

I've never once locked or adjusted resistance on any Red Panda mod and without exception the performance and consistency have been first rate. My temp stepping range is typically from 360 to around 400°. And no need to preheat at all, just watch the display reach temp and go.
Okay so do you know what locking the resistance does? I thought to get TCR to work properly you were supposed to lock resistance at the cold level and that's how the mod would be able to calculate temperatures...

Update: just read a little about TCR. So it looks like DNA, ArcticFox and RedPanda all read resistance when you first turn on the mod and set that resistance as the baseline(unless you have it locked). So it appears that locking is completely unnecessary. The only thing locking seems to be doing for me is forcing me to open up NFETools once a month or after 6 weeks or so and re-lock the cold resistance since over time the resistance in the Splinter/Z gradually increases. If you lock it eventually, eventually you'll find it's no longer heating properly because your resistance is too low.

Last edited:
floribud,

Shit Snacks

Okay so do you know what locking the resistance does? I thought to get TCR to work properly you were supposed to lock resistance at the cold level and that's how the mod would be able to calculate temperatures...

Yeah as far as I know you are supposed to always lock the cold resistance for temp control, learned that from tubo, but somehow boss man has good results without doing that? So tis debatable

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yeah as far as I know you are supposed to always lock the cold resistance for temp control, learned that from tubo, but somehow boss man has good results without doing that? So tis debatable
I'm just sharing info on the best mod and settings for TC because of how well they work on my four Zs and a couple V2s.

There are for sure more knowledgeable folks here when it comes to the inner workings of box mods, 18650s, and convection heaters.

I've been my own guinea pig with mods, firmware, and settings since the first Splinter pre-order and I say good riddance to resistance settings.

Maybe Red Panda is the secret sauce or maybe these mods (from different companies) are better at precision Splinter TC, who knows.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock

Update: just read a little about TCR. So it looks like DNA, ArcticFox and RedPanda all read resistance when you first turn on the mod and set that resistance as the baseline(unless you have it locked). So it appears that locking is completely unnecessary. The only thing locking seems to be doing for me is forcing me to open up NFETools once a month or after 6 weeks or so and re-lock the cold resistance since over time the resistance in the Splinter/Z gradually increases. If you lock it eventually, eventually you'll find it's no longer heating properly because your resistance is too low.
I’ve been curious about locking the resistance since I loaded Artic Fox a few weeks ago and started messing with it. I have it locked, not because I know what I’m doing, but because it’s what I’ve read you’re supposed to do. I have 3 of the second generation Aster mods that were just laying around unused from a few years ago, loaded AF on all of them to give them new life. I use multiple 510 devices on all and I’m constantly grabbing either of the 3 mods to use. The cold resistance varies for each atty (just slightly, sometimes not at all) from mod to mod. Having to be aware of going back into the AF software, connecting my mod to a PC that I only get out and use for AF, and doing this just to change the cold resistance will quickly become a pain. It’s a step I would gladly avoid if it’s determined to be optional and not necessary. I’ve been careful so far to follow recommendations from those who know more about the AF firmware than me, as I know that in terms of hardware these older Asters are at the low end of mods that actually work with AF, and I’m only using a couple of SAI TAF and an Impcognito on those due to their tiny form factor. The newer mod shipped today and that will be a dedicated box for the Splinter Z Customs, so hopefully I can find what works soon and just stick with it.

CanikUser19,

BubbleDrop

TCR m1 is what you would want, so you can adjust the m1 value up or down until it feels like you are getting true temp control with a locked cold resistance... No guarantee it will work though, staying in wattage is safest of course, most of us use different mods with custom firmware for setting up temp control.
Thanks ! I just checked the settings for TCR-M1, I will adjust and see if it feels any different.

vaporesso-gen-s-tcr-m1-resized-crop.png

Welcome to FC!

The Splinter and Z are both amazing but that's not the mod to use for the best performance. For around $22 can buy one of the two mods that runs the Red Panda firmware (the Wismec Ravage or the Joyetech Espion) and then use the settings in my earlier post for guaranteed excellent performance in both wattage and temp modes.

My previous post:

The Ravage deal:

Thanks for your welcome bossman ! Those mods are quite cheap on this website. I tried to order the Wismec SINUOUS RAVAGE230 but was a bit hesitant since there was no PayPal option I think.
Still, I guess you guys already ordered there and could confirm it is a safe place.

What exactly would the improvement be when using that mod (once updated with the Red Panda FW) ?
Will it provide a better extraction ?

BubbleDrop,
Reactions: bossman
Top Bottom