Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
TCR=185 resistance -0.022 from cold, probably equals or almost equals TCR=125 -0.008 or so. needs to be checked, if you can do it, I'll appreciate, out of weed for now..
(I always use 48w max)

Oh that makes sense I think I was using 125 TCR for a regular splinter and 160 for Z, 45 and 50 watt max respectively I think?

FearAndLawyering

I made a spreadsheet awhile back to help me understand TCR math, here's a link in case anyone wants to dive into the math a bit more - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19rWRkrfSfqlYWCJpGu7Axa_TubS7fqiIlJ3Sex6WFrw/edit?usp=sharing

ex -
sheet 2 can be used to compare TCR values. at a basic level you have a starting resistance, and the mod applies power to heat the wire until the resistance increases to a value it has calculated as being the temp it wants. adding offsets to the locked cold value is just fuzzying the math up tbh. you're better off sticking to locked cold ohms as a known value, then changing your temp or TCR value

> TCR=185 resistance -0.022 from cold (400F)

is the same thing as -0 ohms and 145 TCR at 400f
is the same thing as -0 ohms and 185 TCR at 328F

cold resistance is a known constant, TCR can be left at a constant, if you want to vary temp... adjust temp :)

FearAndLawyering

I dunno how other mods do it, but on arctic fox the cold ambient temp is set in the config, its 70F by default. looking at a Z -
ambientcold ohmTCRtempdeltalive res

@GoldenBud no not close at all, this is assuming a .400 ohm heater, comparing delta the first setting is running almost 2x as hard

the common Z settings passed around:
ambientcoldTCRtempdeltalive

are driving the atomizer harder

and regular splinter v2 for ref
ambientcoldTCRtempdeltalive

tl/dr - those settings arent really comparable

DAWGAMUS

My V2 has a .166 ohm reading at cold. I never had it work right until I used the 185 -.022 that was mentioned before and have been enjoying it since then. I don't understand how these don't have a consensus on how to get proper temps

FearAndLawyering

My V2 has a .166 ohm reading at cold. I never had it work right until I used the 185 -.022 that was mentioned before and have been enjoying it since then. I don't understand how these don't have a consensus on how to get proper temps
what were you using before? it may just be the common v2 settings passed around are insufficient. the TCR 125 / -0 has a delta of 0.057 and the TCR 185 /-0.022 has a delta of 0.077, which is 35% higher.

you can lock ohms at 0 and use TCR 145 for comparable performance, or you can lock ohms at 0 and use TCR 185 and drop temp down to 328F. try those and see if its comparable

GoldenBud

Credits to Lamart for testing a lot of TCR values and coming up with 185. it seems like it's perfect not only for tubo/tetra/bakx but for the V2.
and I am pretty sure it will be awesome for the Z/CX/iHeat 510, dunno if -0.022 or -0.018, but it will work, i think

DAWGAMUS

what were you using before? it may just be the common v2 settings passed around are insufficient. the TCR 125 / -0 has a delta of 0.057 and the TCR 185 /-0.022 has a delta of 0.077, which is 35% higher.

you can lock ohms at 0 and use TCR 145 for comparable performance, or you can lock ohms at 0 and use TCR 185 and drop temp down to 328F. try those and see if its comparable
Thanks. I will try it out

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
20230318-205144.jpg

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
what is this heatsink? where did u get it? :D
It's just a 510 thread extender. Got it to extend the threads so the Splinter could clear the battery cap. I think it's actually called an "ego" adapter or something. Wasn't sure if it would work but it seems to work fine so far. Didn't want to have to buy another mod.

Edit: I ordered from here because it was the cheapest I could find it. They shipped quick. https://discountvapepen.com/product/510-ego-adapter/

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Aside from that website apparently being bad, I've heard very mixed things about the actual Gen3 that uses three batteries, wonky temp sensors and 510 connectors and battery management as they fall out of sync etc. I would only recommend the Gen3Dual
@Shit Snacks , I've got this Gen3, and it works well with my SAI. However, my Splinter isn't working. It has in the past, and I ruled it out as a problem because of that. Is there a chance it works for one not the other? Not sure if this is buy a new mod, or track down repairs.

GoldenBud

@Shit Snacks , I've got this Gen3, and it works well with my SAI. However, my Splinter isn't working. It has in the past, and I ruled it out as a problem because of that. Is there a chance it works for one not the other? Not sure if this is buy a new mod, or track down repairs.
did you install tubomyevic software on this Gen3? it's recommended
TCR 185(detault), around 0.02 reduced than the cold resistance, around 48w max (default is 70w)
we'll guide you through it if you want to install tubomyevic..

GoldenBud,
Reactions: BigJr48

Shit Snacks

Sure, it depends how you're using it, I found the G3D not good for splinters if you are trying to set up temp control, I think Sai is much simpler so not surprised it would work better even though it's the same mod

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Sure, it depends how you're using it, I found the G3D not good for splinters if you are trying to set up temp control, I think Sai is much simpler so not surprised it would work better even though it's the same mod
Have you a recommendation of a Mod? I'm not sure if I buy a new mod, or get this repaired, but it seems even if I get it repaired, a new mod is a good idea for it.
That was a cumbersome sentence. Let me try again.
The Splinter doesn't work. It would seem I need a mod for the Splinter. It might also need repairs, if it's not the mod. Does it make more sense to get a mod or repair first?
I'm thinking mod in case that fixes it. It did work, I didn't use it, then when I took it out again it won't heat. It met with no misfortune or accident, just the Wismec.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Have you a recommendation of a Mod? I'm not sure if I buy a new mod, or get this repaired, but it seems even if I get it repaired, a new mod is a good idea for it.
The Splinter doesn't work. It would seem I need a mod for the Splinter. It might also need repairs, if it's not the mod. Does it make more sense to get a mod or repair first?
I'm thinking mod in case that fixes it. It did work, I didn't use it, then when I took it out again it won't heat. It met with no misfortune or accident, just the Wismec.
One of my Gen3 Duals will not recognize any of my Splinters in Artic Fox, gives me an error message. It’s definitely the mod, or rather how the AF software works with that mod. When I removed AF and put the original software back on that mod, the Splinters work in wattage mode. Have you tried using your Splinter in straight wattage mode on a different mod just to see if it heats up? I apologize if you’ve mentioned this and I missed it.

Shit Snacks

Yeah sorry I can't say about your specific situation you'll have to research a bit I'm not even sure what's readily available now

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: BigJr48

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
As others have said, your Splinter could need a repair or it could be the mod. My RX Gen3 Dual (running tubo) works fine with both my Splinter V2 and my ZV1. However I pretty much just use them with a DNA mod that I just like a bit better.

I have also used both of them with this:

Mine is running AF, but I know that @GoldenBud like it with tubo as well.

Hope you can get it back into service!

Top Bottom