Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

jbm

I'm just afraid it's going to get darker and blacker. I've only had it a month, roughly 45x bowls. I'm just wondering how it will look at 145? (Don't tell me! Like it's had 145 bowls through it. :D)
It’ll look well used. Think wabi-sabi.

jbm,

Mad_Max

It's not even broken in yet, every few bowls just wipe it clean. Sit back and enjoy!
Only one way to find out.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to do 100 more bowls and see
Come to me! We've got 100 bowls to get through, by next month! :science:

Let's see, 31 days, at least 3 a day? Yikes! There goes the rest of my rotation for awhile!

Last edited:

WirtDog

Come to me! We've got 100 bowls to get through, by next month! :science:

Let's see, 31 days, at least 3 a day? Yikes! There goes the rest of my rotation for awhile!
I've got the M3 HO unit. Recently the cylinder with the bottom screen just above the heater became detached from the wood body?

It looks like it originally had some high temp silicone adhesive near the top. Does anyone know the correct high temp adhesive I should use to reattach this part?

Mine is #285 of 500 in Ryan's last run.

WirtDog,

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
I've got the M3 HO unit. Recently the cylinder with the bottom screen just above the heater became detached from the wood body?

It looks like it originally had some high temp silicone adhesive near the top. Does anyone know the correct high temp adhesive I should use to reattach this part?

@FearAndLawyering can help i believe

FearAndLawyering

the OEM is Loctite Hysol M-21HP or Loctite Hysol M-121HP (I think the cure color is the difference, not 100%), but they are a bit expensive and need an applicator gun.

There's a single use FDA epoxy people use for one off repairs - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HTGVCWI should work fine

eideal852

Yeah after usually doing it that way first I've come to feel the opposite way, trying to use a little toothpick or tool stirring in a little basket at the tip is really tedious to avoid crumbs flying everywhere with a full load, it takes a lot more focus and dexterity for me, plus it is a better more complete stir for a better more complete extraction not only done quicker and more mindlessly... And yes you still use a tool to poke it out of course as its always secure from previous heating...
Noooo shit. I have never felt that I executed a stir flawlessly. Like Saturday morning cartoons with too much damn cereal in the bowl for that first spoon…

gig1922

Does anyone have a source for the female glass connector and appropriate glue in the EU for the original milaana?

Mine cracked by itself (presumably from the wood swelling) not long after i bought it and is probably the least used milaana 1 in the world. Thanks!

gig1922,

gig1922

Thanks very much I'll give it a day or 2 here and see what replies I'll get and if it doesn't look good I'll give you a shout and if the shipping isn't extortionate (probably will be lol) I'll grab them off you.

Thanks again!

floribud

Exactly how I feel about my Milaana 3. But my SplinterZ is always in heavy rotation. Espion, Artic Fox and SplinterZ are still a match made in heaven. But my Espion will die at some point... Milaana will be around forever.

Razhumikin

Exactly how I feel about my Milaana 3. But my SplinterZ is always in heavy rotation. Espion, Artic Fox and SplinterZ are still a match made in heaven. But my Espion will die at some point... Milaana will be around forever.
Splinter Z absolutely rules on a DNA board, which are still widely available and have even better temp control than af. Viva la Splinter Z!

WirtDog

Need some suggestions on my Milaana 3 HO? For the life of me I just cannot get good performance from this vape. It like a musician that just cannot play a certain instrument. I think mine is in good working order.

With the factory stem I get fairly decent vapor but it is hot and harsh. I have 2 longer cooling stems that help a little but don't fit as well as the factory short stems. I usually rotate the stem between hits. I find the ABV uneven and not dark enough. Heat up is 5-6 seconds and I then feather the power button and use a slow to medium draw. I find if the screens get just slightly clogged after moderate use that it really seems to be impeding the air flow.

Based on other user experience most seem to love these vapes? I am using all the top recommended batteries and I have a very good digital 4 bank charger. Anyone have ideas on what I might be doing wrong. I am well experienced with Pax 2, Sticky Brick OG, all top line Dynavap, multiple Simrells, and Mighty OG and feel like I can get max performance out of each one given individual limitations?

I may be close on required points to be able to post it for sale in classifieds? Not sure what the threshold is? Just frustrated I have not gotten great results others have gotten.

Razhumikin

Need some suggestions on my Milaana 3 HO? For the life of me I just cannot get good performance from this vape. It like a musician that just cannot play a certain instrument. I think mine is in good working order.

With the factory stem I get fairly decent vapor but it is hot and harsh. I have 2 longer cooling stems that help a little but don't fit as well as the factory short stems. I usually rotate the stem between hits. I find the ABV uneven and not dark enough. Heat up is 5-6 seconds and I then feather the power button and use a slow to medium draw. I find if the screens get just slightly clogged after moderate use that it really seems to be impeding the air flow.

Based on other user experience most seem to love these vapes? I am using all the top recommended batteries and I have a very good digital 4 bank charger. Anyone have ideas on what I might be doing wrong. I am well experienced with Pax 2, Sticky Brick OG, all top line Dynavap, multiple Simrells, and Mighty OG and feel like I can get max performance out of each one given individual limitations?

I may be close on required points to be able to post it for sale in classifieds? Not sure what the threshold is? Just frustrated I have not gotten great results others have gotten.
Factory stem is not the way to go, youll need some cooling to get comfortable hits. You should start hitting it immediately with no heat up time at a very slow draw, and then increase your draw speed when you sense heat on your lips. 3 seconds on 3 seconds off for the button, for between 12 and 18 seconds. Milaana is all about balancing your draw speed.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Anyone have ideas on what I might be doing wrong.
Also, with unregulated vapes, you have to pay attention to everything. My “gentler” Mi2 will scorch a bowl with ease on a fresh battery, so I take things slow until I’m a bowl or two in. You are the regulation.

The trick is to remember how a good draw feels on your throat and try to recreate it each time, whether you need to adjust the preheat, button press, draw speed, or draw duration to do so.

It all comes down to mindfulness (and practice!).

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

This sounds fine, although you can also draw faster, with the three, the airflow is designed so you can chest inhale normally and it will regulate for you, so all you have to do is pay attention to your button feathering? If you get some scorch, that means you need to lay off the button a little quicker and keep drawing with the residual heat... I definitely used to use a plain short stem with my earlier models, even the short basic cooling mouthpiece is a similar experience with just a little bit of cooling... Eventually you can get better at using in hooks or other although water I never felt to be ideal, I have a lot of other cooling connections with WPA though not everyone has a proper 19/19 WPA you can get them from GVB at least now...

Alright so based on what you listed, the brick is the closest analog, to the unregulated pure convection on demand experience, although of course very different! If you can, try to only use Milaana for a while, the more you hone in on the ritual and variables for yourself, you can get the most out of it... In my experience this is always harder to do if you are rotating other very different vapes (basically needed to focus on using only that vape, when learning a very manual pure convection on demand and especially unregulated vape, for learning well myself)

You have to have enough posts, maybe messages too, and likes on those posts... So just keep trying to post, the more you contribute, the more you are an active member, the more you are considered trustworthy to post in the classifieds :tup:

GetLeft

I get fairly decent vapor but it is hot and harsh.
Yes the vapor can be hot and harsh until you figure out the feathering that works for you and/or find the cooling stem that works for you. At first the harshness didn't bother me because the flavor was still standout and the effectiveness was desk-top level, something not too many portables had at the time. Eventually, my Milaanas fell out of the rotation due to the toll they took on my older-ish lungs. Context is relevant here, though. This vape was a kind of avant garde on demand convection vape. There wasn't a whole lot else out there that did what it does. Since then, lots of advances have taken place so starting out with a more contemporary vape and throwing back to the Milaana is, well, throwing back. Attempts to enjoy it have to be dove-tailed with a willingness to figure out the feathering / cooling that works for the user. Sounds like you've made a start. Personally, I wouldn't give up too quickly. Even though I don't use mine except rarely, I'm happy to have them in my collection. Btw, the 3 can be a beast. Some 3s were more powerful than others and required more taming, but worth it imo.

WirtDog

This sounds fine, although you can also draw faster, with the three, the airflow is designed so you can chest inhale normally and it will regulate for you, so all you have to do is pay attention to your button feathering? If you get some scorch, that means you need to lay off the button a little quicker and keep drawing with the residual heat... I definitely used to use a plain short stem with my earlier models, even the short basic cooling mouthpiece is a similar experience with just a little bit of cooling... Eventually you can get better at using in hooks or other although water I never felt to be ideal, I have a lot of other cooling connections with WPA though not everyone has a proper 19/19 WPA you can get them from GVB at least now...

Alright so based on what you listed, the brick is the closest analog, to the unregulated pure convection on demand experience, although of course very different! If you can, try to only use Milaana for a while, the more you hone in on the ritual and variables for yourself, you can get the most out of it... In my experience this is always harder to do if you are rotating other very different vapes (basically needed to focus on using only that vape, when learning a very manual pure convection on demand and especially unregulated vape, for learning well myself)

You have to have enough posts, maybe messages too, and likes on those posts... So just keep trying to post, the more you contribute, the more you are an active member, the more you are considered trustworthy to post in the classifieds :tup:
I cannot find requirements to be able to post in classifieds? Please let me know how to track eligibility. Thanks!

GoldenBud

before you sell this vape.. i can suggest you to take a screwdriver, easily, carefully, and enlarge the intake hole of the Mi3
the heater is too big for its airflow. think about it guys, it has a heater almost like the iHeat 510, but the iHeat 510 has like 8x-12x more airflow. think about it. (i understand that Mi3's intake is far away other than iHeat 510 heater, yeah, so the Mi3 air has more velocity maybe, but still!)

i did it to my Mi3 and it was much better

Last edited:

Razhumikin

before you sell this vape.. i can suggest you to take a screwdriver, easily, carefully, and enlarge the intake hole of the Mi3
the heater is too big for its airflow. think about it guys, it has a heater almost like the iHeat 510, but the iHeat 510 has like 8x-12x more airflow. think about it. (i understand that Mi3's intake is far away other than iHeat 510 heater, yeah, so the Mi3 air has more velocity maybe, but still!)

i did it to my Mi3 and it was much better
Just be warned this will make it much harder to sell if you do want to sell it.

Top Bottom