Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

Polyphone

Hey. So I was able to grab a Mi2 from a fellow FC member. It's been about 2 years since I've had my hands on an RBT device so I'm really psyched. In an effort to mimic my previous setup I've been hunting for stems. I did order a "Phineas" and also was surprised to find these in stock.

Kit (clear only)

Long Stem (clear and smoked)

The 2 stem kit is on sale for £19.99. When I added to my cart it came down to £16.66 for some reason? Shipping is £9 to the northeast US so £25.66 total which is around $35.

Couple questions:

- Xl8tr stems fit my 2018 (or '19) Mi2 just fine. The one I just purchased was from the most recent July auction. Has he changed the internal glass on the Mi2 in the last couple years or should these stems be good to go?

- This seems like a good deal? I can't remember pricing back then but pretty sure it was more then $35 for the long and short. Am I missing anything $ wise with customs or other tax?
Huge thanks for this! I purchased the kit. I would have preferred a pair of smoked stems but oh well, 2 for 1 is a heckuva deal!

The price reduction was due to you not having to pay VAT, I believe.

Glad for a chance to throw a few $ at vapefiend. I do like their videos on yt.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
- Xl8tr stems fit my 2018 (or '19) Mi2 just fine. The one I just purchased was from the most recent July auction. Has he changed the internal glass on the Mi2 in the last couple years or should these stems be good to go?

Yeah Mi2 are all 19 / 22, xl8r are all 19 / 19 and universal for all RBT vapes

- This seems like a good deal? I can't remember pricing back then but pretty sure it was more then $35 for the long and short. Am I missing anything $ wise with customs or other tax?

Prices fluctuated, but yes a good deal!

hinglemccringleberry

Just because.
IMG-20210807-155625.jpg

NimChimpsky

Hey. So I was able to grab a Mi2 from a fellow FC member. It's been about 2 years since I've had my hands on an RBT device so I'm really psyched. In an effort to mimic my previous setup I've been hunting for stems. I did order a "Phineas" and also was surprised to find these in stock.

Kit (clear only)

Long Stem (clear and smoked)

The 2 stem kit is on sale for £19.99. When I added to my cart it came down to £16.66 for some reason? Shipping is £9 to the northeast US so £25.66 total which is around $35.

Couple questions:

That's a great deal on the XL8R kit, also that other cooling stem looks cool thats similar to the nub. And this water tool..... looks like an absolutely terrible idea :lol:

Btw I emailed Lamart after my stem order, mentioning that they are for RBT stuff and to see if it was possible to check the joints to get ones on the thicker side. They responded saying they would check the ones that were easily accessible :tup:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
005.jpg

Paper work starts in kindergarten and never ends........even after death.
🤔
Love the visuals of your setup.
I'm a life-long woodworker and tbh, I was and still am turned off by the Milaana's with other-than matching bottoms (not just species, but grain, as-in same piece of wood).
I know this will rub against some folks' preferences, sorry about that...
The stem is icing on the cake!

I guess we're lucky the after death paperwork is 'by others'.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I was and still am turned off by the Milaana's with other-than matching bottoms (not just species, but grain, as-in same piece of wood).
Could not 👍 this more. And that kludgy guitar pick circuit breaker bugs me every damn time.

I take a shot at every well-priced Mi2 that rears its head though, bc it’s kind of like saying no to a Carrera bc you hate spoilers.

Shit Snacks

This looks pretty good for Milaana2/3

Edit: @arb never heard of red canary before! I thought that mystery exotic could just be a really nice cut of sapele even... @vapviking yeah I think matching green is obviously much nicer, like the originals, but that became less than ideal for him, because it entails perfect bottom caps without any mistakes! I think one production was upscaled they had to be not matching, to ensure they were the right size and fit quality wise... Also, notebook paperwork??! :uhoh::lol:

RELAX

Oh btw Ddave has a new stem, the Omega Wand, with an RBT package. Its really nice and should definitely fit all RBT devices. And you can get it anodized with some custom colors.
Has anyone tried this yet? I wonder how hot it gets.. or how quickly it gets too hot.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Thanks to Snacks I think I have every thing I need for the arrival of the Milanna 3 by the end of the month. Nitecore D2 charger, though it’s entry level should charge the the Molicel P26 A well enough. Got a couple sets of XL8R cooling kits, two sets of dome screens and a set of vinyl odor caps. That should do me for the foreseeable future.

dodgy_b

Thanks to Snacks I think I have every thing I need for the arrival of the Milanna 3 by the end of the month. Nitecore D2 charger, though it’s entry level should charge the the Molicel P26 A well enough. Got a couple sets of XL8R cooling kits, two sets of dome screens and a set of vinyl odor caps. That should do me for the foreseeable future.
Late to the party here. Best source for the dome screens that fit xl8tr's?

GetLeft

Could not 👍 this more. And that kludgy guitar pick circuit breaker bugs me every damn time.
Yes, no picks on my Mis. Less is more.

I'll give DDave's omega wand a go at some point, although glass cooler/wand mods are more appealing to me. A nice, solid, single-piece difuser stem (bigger than the Nub, no adapter required) would be the way to go. But I know I fantaisze.

I know that many like the hooks, but they don't offer the simple one hand usage that has always made the Mi such a useful portable for me. My main draws to the Mi have been 1) it's super quick to reach vapor temps -- a big very deal for those who have had occasions when a minute was literally all the time they had, 2) a good hit on the Mi is a pretty darn good hit (two hits are even better), 3) single hand simplicity, 4) tremendous flavor. I'm not a wood aficionado so while I like a nice looking and feeling vape, little of the mixing / matching of grains / colors etc. matters to me.

Btw, any loose connections between Mi stems and Mi joints are easily remedied with a thin ring of silicon wrapped around the end of the stems where they sit into the Mi joint. Seats any stem snug into the joint at the precise position the user wants (higher, lower, in between, etc.). Even eliminates any glass on glass rubs that might concern some.

dodgy_b

Got my used Mi2 today. Looks very nice. Batteries charging. Looking forward to taking it for a ride later.

Where the internal glass meets the unit, there is a small area to the left where there's just a touch of glue or wood filler missing. Just a bit of air gets in if you try a dry pull with the front air intake hole covered.

Should this be sealed 100% or is the little extra air entering the top ok?

Shit Snacks

Got my used Mi2 today. Looks very nice. Batteries charging. Looking forward to taking it for a ride later.

Where the internal glass meets the unit, there is a small area to the left where there's just a touch of glue or wood filler missing. Just a bit of air gets in if you try a dry pull with the front air intake hole covered.

Should this be sealed 100% or is the little extra air entering the top ok?

Definitely okay, seems like you may be able to use the air intake hole more like a carb this way! Makes yours a little extra special :tup:

NimChimpsky

Btw, any loose connections between Mi stems and Mi joints are easily remedied with a thin ring of silicon wrapped around the end of the stems where they sit into the Mi joint. Seats any stem snug into the joint at the precise position the user wants (higher, lower, in between, etc.). Even eliminates any glass on glass rubs that might concern some.
Very interesting and clever! I wonder what exactly you mean by 'thin ring of silicon'? Just an o-ring? I actually just tried one and it works lol but wondering if you actually meant something other than like what I did here on the Mi3

GetLeft

Thanks for the photo! Yea I meant an o-ring. When I first did it way back, I used a thin strip I sliced off of the end of a bit silicon tubing that I recieved with my first (or second?) Mi. Same as an o-ring just not an o-ring per se. At the time, I considered the load to be too close to the heater so a ring of the tubing around the stem allowed me to raise the position of the load relative to the heater 👍

Top Bottom