Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

ugotmale

Your Milaana3 looks brandy-new, beautiful!

I saw someone asking $200 for his on reddit that I wanted but it sold quickly.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Your Milaana3 looks brandy-new, beautiful!

I saw someone asking $200 for his on reddit that I wanted but it sold quickly.

Thanks, Ryan picked me out a really great one, the grain on some of the Ipe (aka Brazilian Walnut) is just incredible along with the colors! I've had mine for over a year now, it has not left the house, doesn't see heavy use, but good care... the Mi3 is still my favorite Milaana and highly recommended, hope you can get lucky on EntExchange!

4everpushingaboulder

Thanks, Ryan picked me out a really great one, the grain on some of the Ipe (aka Brazilian Walnut) is just incredible along with the colors! I've had mine for over a year now, it has not left the house, doesn't see heavy use, but good care... the Mi3 is still my favorite Milaana and highly recommended, hope you can get lucky on EntExchange!
I saw Ryan on an Instagram live feed one night say that if you really want the grain to pop on the 3 to get some 2000 grit sandpaper and give it a nice sand and some wax. The machining gives it too industrial a finish.

At the time he was using some on his Zion because it had a scuff and he was embarrassed to show it off. Lol.

edit: few weeks ago I set up my dslr and a tripod and have been a bit photo happy. However as this thread is for folks as crazy as I am.

Last edited:

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I saw Ryan on an Instagram live feed one night say that if you really want the grain to pop on the 3 to get some 2000 grit sandpaper and give it a nice sand and some wax. The machining gives it too industrial a finish.

At the time he was using some on his Zion because it had a scuff and he was embarrassed to show it off. Lol.

edit: few weeks ago I set up my dslr and a tripod and have been a bit photo happy. However as this thread is for folks as crazy as I am.

I need to try the sandpaper then, I’ve never liked the grain on my Mi3 as I’ve considered it dull looking compared to my two Mi2. Part of the reason it has sat new and unused (the other reason being my Mi2s are such a pleasant vaping experience, I can’t imagine the Mi3 reaching that level, I know doesn’t make since). I might give it a sand and a conditioning this week and see if it improves and grows on me.

Shit Snacks

Yeah each one is different, there is definitely a different finish used, I think it looks very sleek and nicely done personally, but it does not feel the same as my canary Mi2 that's for sure, subtle differences, I don't mind either one, in fact the less nice of the finish makes it less precious to use lol Anyway I have no interest sanding and buttering them myself, I'd have to be really unhappy with how it was to want to do that, I still have not gotten any sandpaper even though I need to for a few things here and there haha And my wood butters are packed away somewhere, it's been ages since I've bothered to wax any of my wood :rofl:Doesn't seem to matter!

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I have noticed that the Mi3 does seem to mark more easily than my Mi1. I have left my Mi1 out on my balcony for months at a time over a period of years and it still looks pretty nice but the Mi3 already has a few marks from water droplets and other scuffs after only around a month in the same spot.
Maybe I will try the re-sand and wax when I change the button but I am not too concerned about the marks and scuffs, although because it looks nicer to begin with you notice the marks more ..

Razhumikin

One of my mi3's buttons shit the bed, so im going to be doing a button replacement this week when my part comes in. Does anybody who has done this before have any advice for me on the process? Was it relatively easy or did you find it difficult? Is there anything you wished you had known before going through the process? Thanks in advance for any help.

danjens

One of my mi3's buttons shit the bed, so im going to be doing a button replacement this week when my part comes in. Does anybody who has done this before have any advice for me on the process? Was it relatively easy or did you find it difficult? Is there anything you wished you had known before going through the process? Thanks in advance for any help.
It’s a really really simple repair. I watched this video once through then watched again and followed along. Having a little screwdriver and some Needle nose helped for sure. I also started ordering 3 buttons at a time, I have replaced two.

Shit Snacks

PXL-20220123-232851708.jpg

shopdognyc

It’s a really really simple repair. I watched this video once through then watched again and followed along. Having a little screwdriver and some Needle nose helped for sure. I also started ordering 3 buttons at a time, I have replaced two.
Can you share what buttons to order?

shopdognyc,
Reactions: BigJr48

Shit Snacks

I wanted to try and put some cooling beads in my shorter stems for better cooling, does anyone have any recommendations? I read on a reddit post earlier something about breathing in quartz dust is bad for your health so I'm trying to avoid quartz.

There is nothing wrong with quartz, any dust is bad, what you probably read was about actual beads that had a hole through the middle, do not use anything like that, that will lead to dust, if you get proper quartz pearls like the ones from Beracky on Amazon they will be fine, 4mm and 6mm size, I think using both is most effective as a mix... I think that is easier to find than boro glass beads which theoretically would be a little better to match the glass stems, but they are similar hardness anyway, I wouldn't recommend using rubies since they are quite a bit harder, though probably fine too...

Jayvape

any dust is bad, what you probably read was about actual beads that had a hole through the middle
Hindsight is always 20/20 right. That makes more sense thank you.
, I wouldn't recommend using rubies since they are quite a bit harder,
Just out of curiosity what does the hardness of the bead have to do with cooling? Are harder beads worse at absorbing heat?

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
I wanted to try and put some cooling beads in my shorter stems for better cooling, does anyone have any recommendations? I read on a reddit post earlier something about breathing in quartz dust is bad for your health so I'm trying to avoid quartz.
Just an FYI - The beads work very well for cooling (I used glass beads by the way), but once you set them up it's a nightmare to clean the stem.
It felt so annoying that I immediately switched back to XL8R stems.

Shit Snacks

Just out of curiosity what does the hardness of the bead have to do with cooling? Are harder beads worse at absorbing heat?

Oh, no, the hardness was related to the risk, theoretically if you had rubies loosely inside glass, someone in another thread was posting that there's more risk of creating microscopic glass dust, so it would be better to use materials that were the same hardness, on whatever scale boro and quartz were close but ruby was more substantially harder... And yeah rubies are more expensive, there's no reason to use them in a cooling stem really, they have heat retention properties that could make them better as a heater (some bead vapes offer boro beads or rubies or other materials too) So yeah I was just speaking in relation to your concern about glass stone material dust specifically :tup:

Just an FYI - The beads work very well for cooling (I used glass beads by the way), but once you set them up it's a nightmare to clean the stem.

Yeah this is a good point, and depending how many you use, they might move around, and really affect airflow the dirtier they get, I think anything heavily used is annoying to clean so I have a lot of variety haha

Jayvape

Oh really? Sometimes if I'm out with my mi it can be a hassle to carry around my xlr8 stem. I like the size of the shorter standard stems but the vapor is just to hot and uncomfortable for me to use, that's why I was looking into cooling beads. Why is it a nightmare to clean up? I would think just soaking the whole thing in iso or dark crystal glass cleaner would be easy no?

Oh, no, the hardness was related to the risk, theoretically if you had rubies loosely inside glass, someone in another thread was posting that there's more risk of creating microscopic glass dust, so it would be better to use materials that were the same hardness, on whatever scale boro and quartz were close but ruby was more substantially harder... And yeah rubies are more expensive, there's no reason to use them in a cooling stem really, they have heat retention properties that could make them better as a heater (some bead vapes offer boro beads or rubies or other materials too) So yeah I was just speaking in relation to your concern about glass stone material dust specifically :tup:
Oh okay I see now lol thank you for the clarification about the hardness of the stone. On an unrelated note do you or anyone else have any experience with cleaning wood stems with glass beads? I have seen some wood stems and the past and they seem great for travel; much more durable than glass. I like the size of the shorter standard stems but the vapor is just to hot and uncomfortable for me to use, so cooling beads seem like the way to go with wood but if cleaning wood stems is difficult I may have to look for another solution

Razhumikin

Oh okay I see now lol thank you for the clarification about the hardness of the stone. On an unrelated note do you or anyone else have any experience with cleaning wood stems with glass beads? I have seen some wood stems and the past and they seem great for travel; much more durable than glass. I like the size of the shorter standard stems but the vapor is just to hot and uncomfortable for me to use, so cooling beads seem like the way to go with wood but if cleaning wood stems is difficult I may have to look for another solution
Just take the beads out and soak them and the screens in iso. The Wood you should be able to clean with just a brush, unless you combust. If that happens DM and I can give you detailed instructions on how to best clean the wood (im not gonna get into it here, its a whole thing).

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Why is it a nightmare to clean up? I would think just soaking the whole thing in iso or dark crystal glass cleaner would be easy no?
Because, as @Razhumikin said, you have to take the beads out everytime to properly clean the stem.
I've tried to just soak the whole thing in iso, but it didn't come out as clean as you get when taking out the beads.

SquirrelMaster

I added some 4mm boro balls to my long XL8R and use only the basket screen to secure them. I just have to make sure I don't have the stem inverted when I remove the screen or I run the risk of the balls spilling. Once I've used the stem a few times they get sticky enough that even with the stem sitting horizontal they won't come out. To clean I soak it all in ISO, remove the screen while inverted and run under hot water and then finish off by blow drying clean. This is my favourite stem setup, the cooling is excellent and it's easy to clean.

Jayvape

f that happens DM and I can give you detailed instructions
Okay thank you! I've only ever combusted when using a water pipe and even then it was really difficult so hopefully I won't run into that again.

I clean my wood stems with wax.
Wax? That's interesting, what kind if you don't mind me asking?

I added some 4mm boro balls to my long XL8R and use only the basket screen to secure them.
After reading this I'm tempted to throw some in my shorty xlr8, where did you get the boro balls from?

Top Bottom