Ranger IH Induction Heater

dadan

hi everyone, i just got my third induction heater to use with a series of vapcaps at my disposal. The first one I bought is the one that gave me the most satisfaction, the 'Caldron' conceived and built by the excellent Pipes, a known user here on FC. Perfect, efficient, fast. It is still what I prefer today. I then bought the 'Alpine 2021' portable induction heater from Source Vapes. Really nice in shape and external materials but with a battery that doesn't last long and takes twice as long to get the results of the Caldron (almost the results of the Caldron). Meanwhile Source Vapes has changed its name to Monarx and has released a new portable induction heater (not manufactured by them, only rebranded, the manufacturer is 1420.co): the Ranger IH. I bought it, received it but have no experience with this product yet and for this I will express an opinion later. The real difference, and the reason why I'm writing to you now, is the ability, on the Ranger IH, to adjust the temperature and wattage. Does anyone own it or have an induction heater with the ability to adjust wattage and temperature? Obviously I will go experimenting day by day but I would like to know your experiences on how you set watt and temperature ... better little power or immediately a lot? what temperature do you prefer to set? I know that all is absolutely subjective and that all is influenced by the kind and humidity of material inside the vapcap but on this forum the best thing is to discuss individual experiences. Thanks to all those who want to have their say!

dadan,

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Meanwhile Source Vapes has changed its name to Monarx
Because they're absolute trash. Trying to disassociate themselves from all the bad reviews and reddit posts they've been rightfully buried under.

It took me 6 months to get their Alpine when I pre-ordered and the heating indicator light inside died within a couple weeks. I sent it back for repair and after they sent it back to me it broke again after a few charges, no light for me! They told me I should just accept it and count to 12. Because you know, that's what I paid for? (sarcasm)

I then argued they needed to replace the unit and they sent me what is obviously a floor model of theirs of sorts that no longer holds much charge and also the light in that one died. :lol:

I hope your IH works well, and is rugged, but I'll be surprised.... I'm looking forward to the Mad Heaters Sense for this type of tech.

says you can save 30%
They always have a 30% sale going basically, because they're bleeding customers.

If you're on thier mailing list they'll often send 40% coupons.

Stay away.

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
@VapeEscapist Good for people to be warned :) ! It just appeared on my daily google sweep about new vapes,so i thought i share about it ,
Oh man, I pretty much joined FC to warn people about Source and the Alpine and the horrible experience I had.

My friend used their original concentrate quartz cups etc, and we always thought they had pretty nice designs and good products. When I saw they made an IH I thought I could trust them based on that experience, so I bought into the pre-order. I could not have been more wrong.

floribud

I've got the Ranger and I love it. Already had 4 1/2 bowls today. That Ranger's temp setting works by checking the temp of the top of the cap. The more sessions you do with the same tip, the tip will get a little hotter, but overall the temp setting works pretty well. The best part is there's no more waiting for the click(if you don't want to) and no more accidental combustion from forgetting to wait for the click. Battery life is okay. It will get you through the day, but it won't get you and 2 friends through the day. The battery indicator is a bit whack, but I guess I'm getting 40-50 hits per charge. Make sure to drain it completely, and charge it completely for the first 3 cycles (Thanks Pipes). Then you shouldn't need to worry about it.

It's not made by Source and neither was the Alpine. But the Ranger is not made by the Alpine people, the Ranger is the same as this one https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/...d-induction-for-use-with-dynavap.51547/page-2. But Randall(SourceVapes) is the US Distributor.

In all fairness, they have been great to me with their customer service. I pre-ordered an Alpine 2020 and it was great, I like low heat so I was just about right for me. But then I bought an Alpine 2021, and sold my 2020. Whoever got my 2020 lucked out. I just RMAd my second 2021, for malfunctions, and I'm assuming Source will handle it well. The first time they even threw in a glass Dynavap stem when they sent the replacement. Also I have Versa that I love, that Magnum SIC crucible is amazing.

Anyway Randall bought the SourceVapes name from the previous company, so he's not responsible for whatever crap they put out. Basically the Alpine (and a crappy TerpPen type nectar collector that they no longer sell) has been their only swing and a misses as far as I know, but the Versa has been a great product, nothing to complain about there AND tons of support from other users on their Discord channel. And so far the Ranger has been an A- (for the weird battery indicator)

floribud,

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
It's not made by Source and neither was the Alpine. But the Ranger is not made by the Alpine people, the Ranger is the same as this one https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/...d-induction-for-use-with-dynavap.51547/page-2. But Randall(SourceVapes) is the US Distributor.
I fucking knew it!

I dealt with that fool Randall. He melted down on Reddit rather than try to give me the service I deserved and then deleted all his toxic posts.

The Alpine, every version of it was trash. Weird battery indicator light on the Ranger? Double trash.

I just RMAd my second 2021, for malfunctions,
Why in gods name would you give these people any respect let alone any more money?

Their fanboys on Reddit and Discord are delusional.

So everybody interested in buying a (broken) Ranger, just buy one of these, please https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/...d-induction-for-use-with-dynavap.51547/page-2

VapeEscapist,

floribud

Why in gods name would you give these people any respect let alone any more money?
1) The Versa is a beast! I love it, there's nothing wrong with it. I'm willing to give the company a few free passes simply on the strength of this device.
2) I had an Alpine 2020, that worked just fine(I tend to like low temp vaping), I sold it, because I liked the idea of the more easily replaceable battery in the 2021. The 2021 does appear to be a problematic device. But so far Randall and his company have been decent to me when it comes to repairs/replacements. That's about all I can ask for. Now if I'm spending $700 -$1000 on a new Cannabis Hardware device, I'd expect much more reliable technology and top notch service. In the <$100 IH market SourceVapes/Randall have "met expectations" ... in the language of the employee annual review...
3) The Ranger is made by a different company and is the only temp control IH on the market right now. The Mad Heaters device isn't even ready for pre-order yet
4) I wouldn't say I'm rich, but the $97.49 I paid for the Ranger didn't really break the bank. I've been using the Ranger, at least a little bit, daily for almost 2 months now and the TempControl has changed the way I Dynavap. I don't have to wait for the cool down click and I haven't combusted once. I mean the wonky battery indicator aside, I've absolutely loved using the Ranger.
5) I think the Ranger is going for about $84 right now, which makes it one of the cheapest IHs on the market.

kokolokokolokon

5) I think the Ranger is going for about $84 right now, which makes it one of the cheapest IHs on the market.
Maybe in unite states...in EU you can find easily the yllvape ih (same but blue) at 140€-160€. There was an offer (not now) for 130€.
It has better form factor...but for that price (160) you can get a Wand...

Top Bottom