Random thoughts

florduh

2WUTQqwztRzH5vmOJiofPMGXt6T

Is this guy implying that Iranians watched too much Fox News until they became "MIGA" cultists and decided to do a January 6th against the Shah?

Americans seemingly know absolutely nothing about their country's foreign policy post-1945.

Last edited:
florduh,

florduh

I just found out there were at least 250,000 civilians on the Death Star.

According to Star Wars reference books, the population of the Death Star was 1.7 million military personnel, 400,000 maintenance droids, and 250,000 civilians, associated contractors and catering staff

I used to support the Rebel Alliance's struggle against an oppressive fascist regime. But killing civilians is terrorism. While I have no love for The Empire, they have a right to defend themselves. The plumbers and caterers working on the Death Star to provide for their families didn't deserve to die. Not that it matters to murderous scumbags like Luke Skywalker and this hairy, terrorist fuck:

Relaxed Kick Back GIF by Star Wars

Look at him. He's proud of himself!

They literally celebrated killing over 250,000 innocent civilians:

episode 4 wink GIF by Star Wars

And before I hear any of you crybabies whining about "civilians on Alderaan!!!!"....shut the fuck up, you terrorist sympathizer. The Rebels love to use civilians as human shields. What's the Empire supposed to do? Blame the fucking terrorists for using human shields, not the people bravely defending Imperial citizens trying to provide for their families!

episode 4 GIF by Star Wars

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I just found out there were at least 250,000 civilians on the Death Star.

I used to support the Rebel Alliance's struggle against an oppressive fascist regime. But killing civilians is terrorism. While I have no love for The Empire, they have a right to defend themselves. The plumbers and caterers working on the Death Star to provide for their families didn't deserve to die. Not that it matters to murderous scumbags like Luke Skywalker and this hairy, terrorist fuck:

Relaxed Kick Back GIF by Star Wars

Look at him. He's proud of himself!

They literally celebrated killing over 250,000 innocent civilians:

episode 4 wink GIF by Star Wars

And before I hear any of you crybabies whining about "civilians on Alderaan!!!!"....shut the fuck up, you terrorist sympathizer. The Rebels love to use civilians as human shields. What's the Empire supposed to do? Blame the fucking terrorists for using human shields, not the people bravely defending Imperial citizens trying to provide for their families!

episode 4 GIF by Star Wars

Yeah, It could be looked at as Luke Skywalker was a depressed kid who'd lost his family in a terrible way. He was then radicalized by an ancient warrior religious cult to fight against the government and successfully carry out a terrorist attack in which he killed so many civilians and service members.

florduh

Yeah, It could be looked at as Luke Skywalker was a depressed kid who'd lost his family in a terrible way. He was then radicalized by an ancient warrior religious cult to fight against the government and successfully carry out a terrorist attack in which he killed so many civilians and service members.

Shit...I was talking about the first Death Star. These terrorists blew up a second Death Star, that was still under construction. The sickos murdered hundreds of thousands of contractors and construction workers.

Barbaric terrorist celebrating the deaths of innocent civilians:

Star Wars Episode 6 GIF

Plus a few years ago George Lucas himself admitted that the Rebels were based on the Viet Cong (bad guys). The Empire was the United States (good guys).

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
The world has changed and I’m still a bit feeling like I popped out of the rabbit hole into wonderland.

Walked out of the dispensary with an oz of weed. Cops in the parking lot right outside the exit with the lights flashing. One standing back by the police cruiser door just watching while the other talked to a soccer mom in an suv about her driving.

I nod to the cop, say hey how’s it going. He nods back and says good how bout you sir?

I say great, have a nice day. Proceed to get in my car a drive away.

Swear I saw the Cheshire Cat when I turned out of the lot.

florduh

Yo, if you guys ever want to go down a weird Wikipedia rabbit hole you gotta look up "slavery". Shit's crazy!

F8C8M1SXYAAhOth

florduh,
Reactions: Bologna

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
The world has changed and I’m still a bit feeling like I popped out of the rabbit hole into wonderland.

Walked out of the dispensary with an oz of weed. Cops in the parking lot right outside the exit with the lights flashing. One standing back by the police cruiser door just watching while the other talked to a soccer mom in an suv about her driving.

I nod to the cop, say hey how’s it going. He nods back and says good how bout you sir?

I say great, have a nice day. Proceed to get in my car a drive away.

Swear I saw the Cheshire Cat when I turned out of the lot.

I now the feeling for sure!

getsoutalive

In the photo thread recently there were a few shots of the Orion nebula. If any of you have ever considered trying to take such photos yourself. It is now easier than ever. There are two new "smart" telescopes that automate the process to an unbelievable degree and have made this hobby accessible to just about anyone under any skies.

I have purchased and been using the Dwarf Labs Dwarf2, but a friend just recently got his hands on the ZWO Seestar 50. Both in the ~$500 range and very small. A quick google search should get you plenty of info on either. Truly a game changer tech for the novice on a limited budget.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
In the photo thread recently there were a few shots of the Orion nebula. If any of you have ever considered trying to take such photos yourself. It is now easier than ever. There are two new "smart" telescopes that automate the process to an unbelievable degree and have made this hobby accessible to just about anyone under any skies.

I have purchased and been using the Dwarf Labs Dwarf2, but a friend just recently got his hands on the ZWO Seestar 50. Both in the ~$500 range and very small. A quick google search should get you plenty of info on either. Truly a game changer tech for the novice on a limited budget.
You might also enjoy the thread I Just Saw The Moon,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Many years ago, when my nephew was just becoming a teenager, I bought him a decent $250 (at the time) telescope because he seemed to have an interest in astronomy and he lived far enough out that he didn't have a lot of light pollution. My brother promised to help him out with it. He is an adult now and I found out recently that he never really used it and it just sat in his basement for years, until he finally gave it to a friend who he says did use it. While I did get to use some friends telescopes, I never bought one for myself as where I lived the seeing was terrible and I figured it would be disappointing. I always intended to get one for myself one day, but I never did.
I'm not dead yet so who knows...

Canna Chameleon

New idea for tackling the mass shooter problem in America: after a shooting we should fire-bomb the suburb the mass shooter came from.
No need. That’s why we have HOA’s and indentures so we can keep the riff raff out by pricing them out, then pulling basic needs out of their neighborhoods.

Canna Chameleon,

florduh

I really wish that was a less apt analogy, but it is not. It is hard to respond with anything but deep sadness for all involved.

There's a precedent for my proposal:

I also support surgical strikes against HOA leadership/terrorists. Oh, my very cool flag is a violation, Donna?

71X+GMYIeFL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Better get ready to duck and cover, Donna

launch missile GIF

And while I totally agree with you about redlining and how the wealthy protect their little enclaves, many mass shooters also come from wealthy neighborhoods and suburbs. The next time some Naperville is found to be harboring one of these terrorists, we need to turn it into a parking lot. Or I guess, more of a parking lot.

Canna Chameleon

There's a precedent for my proposal:

I also support surgical strikes against HOA leadership/terrorists. Oh, my very cool flag is a violation, Donna?

71X+GMYIeFL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Better get ready to duck and cover, Donna

launch missile GIF

And while I totally agree with you about redlining and how the wealthy protect their little enclaves, many mass shooters also come from wealthy neighborhoods and suburbs. The next time some Naperville is found to be harboring one of these terrorists, we need to turn it into a parking lot. Or I guess, more of a parking lot.
If terrorists from Gaza attacked Israeli citizens at the same rate as Naperville shooters I’d venture to guess we’d be having a different discussion.

Besides, the Jewish Space Lasers are there to protect places like Naperville.

Canna Chameleon,
Reactions: budski
Top Bottom