Random thoughts

olysh pops

Extracts from works in the Chauvet cave, ~37000 years ago, West Europe, South France

Panther panel, in the Red Panels gallery

Panther panel, in the Red Panels gallery

Rhinoceros

Chauvet1.jpg

Panel of lions in the back room

Panel of lions in the back room

Chauvet3.jpg

Female representation and bison + lion

female representation and bison + lion

This eagle-owl is the only representation of its species in all of cave art. Finger drawing, precise gesture.

This eagle-owl is the only representation of its species in all of cave art. Finger drawing, precise gesture.

Imagine these drawings coming to life with the moving light of a fire, imagine the sound of flutes and percussion and imagine the storyteller's voice, it's cinema 40,000 years ago ;)

Last edited:

florduh

T-minus 1 year to the Bell Riots!

F4zLC5oWEAALILt

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
All knowledge is provisional. We're all locked into individual meat-brains, all we have are theories. But knowledge solidifies when it's proven reliable.
Oh, jeez, was I supposed to color my text teal to denote sarcasm, as we did on a huge EZBoard forum 20 years ago...? Sorry everyone, I'll try not to forget next time...😢

coolbreeze

Oh, jeez, was I supposed to color my text teal to denote sarcasm, as we did on a huge EZBoard forum 20 years ago...? Sorry everyone, I'll try not to forget next time...😢
Apologies, I didn't mean to point a finger, it was more an opportunity to remind ourselves that individually, we're punching in the dark. It's kind of funny to know that you and I understand the world and people and everything so much better than the world's geniuses a few generations ago. The body of knowledge we've all accumulated and the ability to grapple with it would baffle and amaze them.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Apologies, I didn't mean to point a finger, it was more an opportunity to remind ourselves that individually, we're punching in the dark. It's kind of funny to know that you and I understand the world and people and everything so much better than the world's geniuses a few generations ago. The body of knowledge we've all accumulated and the ability to grapple with it would baffle and amaze them.

None needed. At all (honestly, thank you). I understood you completely. Tho I quoted your reply, my reply wasn't really meant for you... ✌️

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Not really a random thought, just a random thing...

I was chatting with the missus the other day... An advert came on the TV and it had a logo that looked almost identical to the quake II logo. I googled the image to show her and she agreed...

Yesterday I went to pick up a new car, enjoying the new buttons, acceleration etc I was driving for about twenty minutes before I realised there was some faint music coming from the speakers, this was the first time using the head unit. I turn up the volume and it didn't really sound very familiar, I find the source button and find it's playing a cd and there the quake II logo on the screen! I eject the disk and i can't believe my eyes when I'm holding one of these!

004.jpg

An original copy of the game on CD! It's not even from this century!

So fucking random lol!

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Fall of 2009 my father died.

Fall of 2012 I had not yet recovered from the grief and sought advice of a therapist. During that process he told me I was an outlier. I didn’t understand fully.

Fall of 2016 I was part of a layoff, after a 25yr tenure. My first job.

Fall of 2019 I retired from working. Saw too much. Realized I didn‘t fit, that my drive for the truth wasn’t welcomed by most, and that I could not knowingly, willingly participate anymore in a broken system.

Fall of 2020, I realized the same thing about humanity, and ‘retired’ from that as well.

Fall of 2022 my mother died.

The universe continues to send me validation that I’m an outlier, and I continue to hate fall.

olysh pops

Fall of 2009 my father died.

Fall of 2012 I had not yet recovered from the grief and sought advice of a therapist. During that process he told me I was an outlier. I didn’t understand fully.

Fall of 2016 I was part of a layoff, after a 25yr tenure. My first job.

Fall of 2019 I retired from working. Saw too much. Realized I didn‘t fit, that my drive for the truth wasn’t welcomed by most, and that I could not knowingly, willingly participate anymore in a broken system.

Fall of 2020, I realized the same thing about humanity, and ‘retired’ from that as well.

Fall of 2022 my mother died.

The universe continues to send me validation that I’m an outlier, and I continue to hate fall.

You tackle 3 painful subjects: the loss of your parents, the loss of your job and your relationship with your fellow human beings.

You don't want to compartmentalize your life, but I don't know you very well and I can only share my experience on the loss of parents.

Feeling grief is normal, feeling depressed after the loss of a parent too, it's good to pay attention to your emotions.
Losing a parent can feel like losing a part of yourself.

Memories can help ease the pain, as can reminiscing about life with other people, their personalities and stories.
Continuing to carry certain values and thoughts that the deceased carried can affirm the continuity of life.

My father died 26 years ago and because of my personality, my age at the time, my relationship (or lack of) with him, my family environment, I'm still working through the grief of his passing with my therapist. It's painful but ordinary to me.

Courage @CannaChameleon, we're all in the same boat.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I am afraid that we waited too long to address climate change. It appears that we are in a climate emergency and I have my doubts that we will ever leave it. Yet there are still millions who refuse to address it or do anything to reduce its damage even now.

GoldenBud

I am afraid that we waited too long to address climate change. It appears that we are in a climate emergency and I have my doubts that we will ever leave it. Yet there are still millions who refuse to address it or do anything to reduce its damage even now.
because money controlls everything... and industries caused the climate change basically?

Top Bottom