Random thoughts

GoldenBud

Something I don't understand about the enormous screen that will be placed between Earth to the Sun.. Earth is moving 30km/sec.. How they gonna make the screen move too? The idea is great and I really wonder about this

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Vitolo

bhasma

In Australia voting has become synonymous with the "democracy sausage", which is offensive for vegetarians. Voting is compulsory, but it requires passing through the stench of a cremation ground.

bhasma,
Reactions: Vitolo

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Screen-Shot-2023-09-07-at-23-35-49.png

florduh

I'm sitting in an airport 22 years and 1 day after 9/11. Has enough time passed for me to point out that, in the aftermath of the attack, if America simply added locks to cockpit doors and did literally nothing else, we'd be much better off today?

We got 10,000+ Americans killed attacking two countries that had nothing to do with 9/11. An even greater number of vets committed suicide after. About 3 vets kill themselves every 2 days.

We built out the Deep State, allowed mass surveillance on citizens, and made going to the airport 10 times more annoying.

We also murdered about 1.5 million people overseas that had nothing to do with the attacks. I imagine most Americans couldn't give a shit less about that. But I still think it has done an incredible amount of psychic damage to this country.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I'm just about ready to move back into my condo: I've been slumming at my brother's house while a re-pipe and major remodel took place at my townhouse. I've been waiting for weeks for the plumbers to finish up. It's a large plumbing firm and the left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing. But, true to form, any remodel or construction job I've been involved in, fuck-ups abound.

florduh

F6Ba-z9XwAALE9R

....somebody who is good at the economy, please help me budget this my corporation is dying!!!😦

This graph is a great example of how "inflation" has worked over the past 3 years. The Big Three's materials costs went up 20%. Their labor costs went up 4-5%. But they increased prices by 34%. So like 10% of the price increases is just straight up gouging.

bhasma

Perhaps if we can get the whole world burning the blanket of smoke will reflect enough heat to save us from global warming

bhasma,
Reactions: budski

florduh

Perhaps if we can get the whole world burning the blanket of smoke will reflect enough heat to save us from global warming

The funny thing is, this is already sort of happening. The soot, sulfur dioxide etc that comes from burning fossil fuels kills about 10 million people per year globally.

But.... all that soot also reflects some sunlight back into space, slightly reducing the effect of CO2 emission driven global warming. So if/when we reduce the amount of fossil fuels we're burning, global warming is going to temporarily get worse. CO2 concentration is sticky in a way that particulate emissions are not.

florduh,
Reactions: Bologna

bhasma

The funny thing is, this is already sort of happening.
Yes, it already happens. The massive bushfires in Australia a few years ago caused the temperature to drop a few degrees in America. I had just heard that the ocean temperatures both east and west of Australia are set to give us an especially hot, dry summer with a very high fire risk, with some serious fires already (it's still early spring). My random thought was reflecting on what governments and industries must be thinking.

bhasma,
Top Bottom