• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Random thoughts

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
f8935a177751af8a3907575fc5cd0267e1d4b334b9296ec2e4f87d8b8b763c34.jpg

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Instigate trouble?

Yeah, but that often ends with jail...which was no big deal fifteen or twenty years ago.
These days it doesn't seem really worth all that trouble.
I guess i'm getting old.

Don't get me wrong, I still find it quite comforting to piss wingnuts off and watch them loose their shit. But I don't so much instigate actual trouble anymore. Only if I can claim legal self defence these days.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Yeah, but that often ends with jail...which was no big deal fifteen or twenty years ago.
These days it doesn't seem really worth all that trouble.
I guess i'm getting old.

Don't get me wrong, I still find it quite comforting to piss wingnuts off and watch them loose their shit. But I don't so much instigate actual trouble anymore. Only if I can claim legal self defence these days.
I hear ya. It was probably more aspirational than inspirational at this point ; )

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I made it to the end of the Depp/Heard trial without reading anything about it: somehow, I feel cleaner. I couldn't avoid hearing of it: neither one seemed like folk I'd like to know.

Last edited:

florduh

I made it to the end of the Depp/Heard trial without reading anything about it: somehow, I feel cleaner. I couldn't avoid hearing of it: neither one seemed like folk I'd like to know.

In the middle of this ridiculous celebrity trial, the Supreme Court decided that being innocent isn't enough of a reason for States to cancel the execution of a wrongly convicted murderer. No one gave a shit. Too busy worrying about a lawsuit between the worst couple in the world.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

I don't get the interest one way or the other. I LOVE movies and TV, but I don't give a shit about any of the performers personal lives.

Why the hell should I waste some of my few remaining available fucks on a performer's personal private life?

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I've come to realize that I may take offence to a stance/position when I don't really understand the reason the position/stance was taken. Not uncommon these days. With this in mind I've begun asking folks "why do you feel that way" instead of interpreting the reason myself.

For example....I would hate it if someone said small dogs should be fed to snakes. I might guess the reason the person feels that way is because they were attacked by a dog at some point in their life. Rather than guess I've taken to asking "why". Doesn't change my dislike for the stance but I've been getting some really interesting insights.

Knewt

I've come to realize that I may take offence to a stance/position when I don't really understand the reason the position/stance was taken. Not uncommon these days. With this in mind I've begun asking folks "why do you feel that way" instead of interpreting the reason myself.

For example....I would hate it if someone said small dogs should be fed to snakes. I might guess the reason the person feels that way is because they were attacked by a dog at some point in their life. Rather than guess I've taken to asking "why". Doesn't change my dislike for the stance but I've been getting some really interesting insights.
So why do you feel the need to do this?

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
I don't get the interest one way or the other. I LOVE movies and TV, but I don't give a shit about any of the performers personal lives.

Why the hell should I waste some of my few remaining available fucks on a performer's personal private life?

For the exact same reason we should care what thier opinions are on politics, health care and guns. The entire industry needs to remember thier role is nothing more than modern day court jesters/fools. They all need to STFU and dance.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
So why do you feel the need to do this?
Assuming you're not kidding......I was having a discussion that got under my skin pretty bad last week and I was so shocked/angered by a reply that I asked why the person felt that way. The response was unexpected, made me aware that my interpreted "why" was pretty off base even if it didn't change my dislike for the initial reply.

Assuming you're kidding.........Curiosity, and it relieved my need to choke the shit out of the other person.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
99 % of spoofed email I get comes from the onmicrosoft.com domain. I just made a Rule that will trash everything from onmicrosoft.com. I hope it works.

florduh

I don't believe in the Jesus mythology anymore, but I love celebrating Christmas. I feel the same exact way about America and the Fourth of July. Don't believe in the mythology, but on Independence Day I basically turn into these people:

4th-july-larp-piotr-muller-7.jpeg

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
So I had to renew my passport. I sent in the docs, old passport and fee over a month ago. I never thought to check it until today. USPS tracking says it was never delivered. Checking my bank, USPassport office cashed the check. I'm on a 45 minute wait with a call into the Passport office.

They're from the Government, and they're here to help.

Top Bottom