Random thoughts

ChooChooCharlie

Validation from my Inner Asshole
e64cc31e612b7d6f2a1eeb952f9d1299734e2d54f58ac65a6a6ded0257c1dafa.gif

According to John Waters, there's good bad taste, and bad bad taste. Think Divine tasted the latter

Divine-with-Waters.jpg

ChooChooCharlie

White (preppy) privilege admission!

after 91 MSG Dead show, tripping balls, friend and I decided to drink at Irish bar across street before heading home. Yes, poor decision matrix there

after a couple hours, the bartender kicks everyone out except me and my friend. We stayed and drank for another hour, with bartender complaining about asshole concert goers. God bless the Irish, and the other cars on the Saw Mill that morning

please don't be madd, yes we should have been locked up, but acid saw us through. kids, don't try this at home

ChooChooCharlie

After further reflection upon prior post, apologies if I offended anyone. I cited an Irish bar specifically because we always sought them out during NYC expeditions ... trips

My buddy Mike (another Irish mick!) and I still laugh about how fucked up on acid we were, but because we weren't tie-dyed freaks like everyone else, the old bartender thought we were "OK"

when he locked the door I got a little bit pulp fiction creeped out, to be honest. But, we had a great after hours chat with him and his Jamesons

Had to mellow out, after dancing all night:

Tranquility

After further reflection upon prior post, apologies if I offended anyone. I cited an Irish bar specifically because we always sought them out during NYC expeditions ... trips

My buddy Mike (another Irish mick!) and I still laugh about how fucked up on acid we were, but because we weren't tie-dyed freaks like everyone else, the old bartender thought we were "OK"

when he locked the door I got a little bit pulp fiction creeped out, to be honest. But, we had a great after hours chat with him and his Jamesons

Had to mellow out, after dancing all night:

Can't find the clip in the entirety, but, memories:

Tranquility,

shredder

I told my GF years back that letting Fluffy out was a death sentence as we backed to open space...

{in the voice of Euell Gibbons:} Ever poke around in coyote turds to see all the rodent hair and ground-up bones?

Probably so for Fluffy.

We have 2 barn cats and we live in the woods. Those cats are valuable for keeping rodents at bay around our chicken coop and compost pile.

We also have seen, on our property, fox, coyotes, bear, bobcats, and large dogs, so our cats, two year old brothers, are wise to the local prediters.

Tranquility

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
When I'm bored I will look at "our Facebook account" and by that I mean the account my wife and I share that she uses 24/7.

I don't know if this is true for all Facebook folk but 80% of what I see on the home screen are memes, 10% sales of something and a Gofundme request or two. The rest are the info/updates from neighborhood groups, real friends and family that represent the reason I bother.

I notice that those memes come from the same folks day after day and I can't help but wonder.....do those folks ever have a unique thought? Do they really believe those memes are insightful and life changing or is it their way of clearing their throat so others know they are alive?

EDIT: BTW - I'm not talking about funny memes. I'm talking about the ones with the "deep" sayings like ... Courage isn't about lack of fear, etc. etc......or God hears you even when you, etc. etc.....

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
s-l1600-1.jpg

Is this a real candy?
Photo-on-11-30-20-at-3-43-PM.jpg

ny thought that Brach's Turkey Dinner flavored candy corn was a spoof. It was real!
They only made a small number for the entire USA. I managed to get a bag of this at an online auction (paid $10). It's true. It is turkey dinner flavored. I have had my fun. Ready to pass this confection on to another "candy freak"! Who's next?

Tranquility

s-l1600-1.jpg

Is this a real candy?
Photo-on-11-30-20-at-3-43-PM.jpg

ny thought that Brach's Turkey Dinner flavored candy corn was a spoof. It was real!
They only made a small number for the entire USA. I managed to get a bag of this at an online auction (paid $10). It's true. It is turkey dinner flavored. I have had my fun. Ready to pass this confection on to another "candy freak"! Who's next?
I am outside of the mainstream in many ways. One, is my love for candy corn. My wife, who for some odd reason seems to like me, goes around to the back wall of local Target stores after Halloween and picks up as many super-saver deals on bags of candy corn off the discount shelves as are there. Mmm....nothing like a carb coma from a handful.

As to that, Brach's is clearly the best maker. I've tried other brands, but only Brach's has the taste and texture I find wonderful. As to Autumn Mix, while a bit of chocolate in a candy corn is tasty, those big pumpkins are too much and they lose the delightful texture corn has. Yet,
Darth_Vader_It_Is_Acceptable_Banner.jpg

In my not-odd portion of myself, I also happen to love turkey dinner. All the normal parts; no weird variations. Turkey, stuffing, potato, and a small bit of yams to show I'm eating a balanced meal.

I can't see myself even wanting to try the abomination. It's not going to make me like candy corn OR turkey dinners more, it can only hurt my love for them. Variety is not a hill worth climbing when the risk is great and the reward is little more than an "Hmmm...well, I tried it." I've got to assume they have some new guy who's trying to make his marketing bones by bringing in new candy corn lovers. I wish them the best. (Although, I think the gimmick was tried by Jones soda some years ago. How'd that work out? Want to drink some mashed potato flavored soda?)

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am a bit disappointed... The way your post started out, I felt I might have a "next victim" lined up for this bag!
True, what @Tranquility says about the Thanksgiving Soda!
Jones Sodas.
thanksgiving-dinner.jpg

What were they thinking?

Tranquility

I am a bit disappointed... The way your post started out, I felt I might have a "next victim" lined up for this bag!
True, what @Tranquility says about the Thanksgiving Soda!
Jones Sodas.
thanksgiving-dinner.jpg

What were they thinking?

The flavors:
Turkey & Gravy, Mashed Potatoes & Butter, Green Bean Casserole, Cranberry Sauce, Fruitcake

Taste test of the sodas:
We Taste Test a Jones Soda Thanksgiving Holiday Pack From Seven Years Ago

Taste test of the forum abomination:
We Tried 'Thanksgiving-Flavored' Candy Corn and It Sucked

Tranquility,
Reactions: Vitolo

Tranquility

If you're not showing symptoms today, you almost assuredly didn't get the 'rona over Thanksgiving. None by Sunday? For sure. (At least as to current medical science guesstimate.)

ChooChooCharlie

Ever feel honored when someone asks for weed?

Well, I was last night

Old trafficker friend Chris "Crosby" from NJ called. He's 79 and hurting both physically and financially

When I asked if he'd like sativa, indica or hybrid, he said one of his favs was Michoacan Mint. Had to break it to him that would be difficult to find today. I'll send him a good sativa assortment, closest to that legacy strain I suppose

I had mailed him a Thanksgiving card with a transcript from podcast, "Great Moments in Weed History." Episode about Tom Forcade, founder of High Times. Chris and Tom were tight, and I wanted his opinion on the podcast. He said it was the most accurate account of Tom he had read. Even started singing one of Tom's favorite tunes, "Eat the Rich!" Said Tom and High Times staff were great customers. But said they missed a few details, like how Tom never chewed steak, swallowed pieces whole, odd

Chris and his smoke-easy loft operation were featured in the third issue of High Times, Winter '75, "The Night They Raided Crosby's," said Forcade wrote the article under pen name

Before dealing, he worked for years feeding the hungry with Dorothy Day and the Catholic Worker. He and Tom Cornell started the first antiwar demonstration outside the UN in 1961, and was in Life magazine as one of the first draft card burners

@Dan Morrison was kind enough to make a cool mushroom box that I gifted to Chris years back, when Dan had more time. Vito's ex made a nice latch hook rug for his sister, too

Here are some old pics, don't think he'll mind, as he's outlived his old law enforcement foes and any statute of limitations

On "vacation" in DR:
Chris-in-DR.jpg

Me listening to his tales:
with-chris-in-nj.jpg

Chris with Dan's mushroom stash box:
Chris-with-Dan-Morrison-Box.jpg

Sorry for such a long random post, but like I said, I was honored to speak with Chris again

Top Bottom