Random thoughts

ChooChooCharlie

I feel it's important to remember our weed past, hope readers arent too bored with this

Continuing hagiography of Crosby from prior page. Called me with thanks for package I sent, had to thank him again for his qp's from 80s-90s

Here's article about Crosby's. Chris said Forcade was the writer, and used literary license with several details in the piece. Like his staff, they were Mexican not Filipino

He is still proud of his weed menu and bar concept -- it predated the modern dispensary

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

He had a good leftist lawyer who challenged the warrant, and Federal judge dismissed the case because search warrant specified heroin, not weed. Feds were on a heroin crackdown in early 70s. Lucky, but lost his weed and money

Excerpt from book by a fellow Catholic Worker, mentions Chris before he was a dealer, early 1960s. More of a saint then, like his mentors, Dorothy Day and Tom Cornell:
Excerpt-David-Miller-Book.jpg

Wikipedia entry about Cornell and Chris, I had the year wrong in prior post. 1963 was first antiwar protest:
cornell.jpg

Told him I watched some youtube vids about Tom Forcade, said I thought Tom's girlfriend, Gabrielle, was attractive. He groaned, called her a yenta. Said he met her before meeting Tom, Ed Sanders from The Fugs brought her along to Crosby's, during one of his frequent purchases

Edit: Ed Sanders from Fugs, another unsung talent:

Last edited:

GetLeft

I feel it's important to remember our weed past, hope readers arent too bored with this

Continuing hagiography of Crosby from prior page. Called me with thanks for package I sent, had to thank him again for his qp's from 80s-90s

Here's article about Crosby's. Chris said Forcade was the writer, and used literary license with several details in the piece. Like his staff, they were Mexican not Filipino

He is still proud of his weed menu and bar concept -- it predated the modern dispensary

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

He had a good leftist lawyer who challenged the warrant, and Federal judge dismissed the case because search warrant specified heroin, not weed. Feds were on a heroin crackdown in early 70s. Lucky, but lost his weed and money

Excerpt from book by a fellow Catholic Worker, mentions Chris before he was a dealer, early 1960s. More of a saint then, like his mentors, Dorothy Day and Tom Cornell:
Excerpt-David-Miller-Book.jpg

Wikipedia entry about Cornell and Chris, I had the year wrong in prior post. 1963 was first antiwar protest:
cornell.jpg

Told him I watched some youtube vids about Tom Forcade, said I thought Tom's girlfriend, Gabrielle, was attractive. He groaned, called her a yenta. Said he met her before meeting Tom, Ed Sanders from The Fugs brought her along (to Crosby's, during one of his frequent purchases

Edit: Ed Sanders from Fugs, another unsung talent:
Any way to pdf these to me so I can read them a little easier? Tried to pm you but couldn't for some reason...

Tranquility

When covid is over, what will we do with all the super freezers used to carry the vaccine?
I'm not sure we're really aware about how revolutionary the vaccine is. They, literally, invented it a day or two after they got the viral sequence. This mRNA stuff is a new way of looking at things. The Oxford team has already created a Malaria vaccine that is in Stage 1 trials using the same technology. We might just use the super freezers to cure disease.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I'm not sure we're really aware about how revolutionary the vaccine is. They, literally, invented it a day or two after they got the viral sequence. This mRNA stuff is a new way of looking at things. The Oxford team has already created a Malaria vaccine that is in Stage 1 trials using the same technology. We might just use the super freezers to cure disease.

Do all this type of new vaccines need to be kept super cold?

Tranquility

Do all this type of new vaccines need to be kept super cold?
I tried to look it up as I didn't know. Apparently, the reason can only be speculated upon and is suspected to be related to the manufacturing processes--which are trade secrets.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-covid-19-why-vaccines-cold-freeze-pfizer-moderna

So why does Pfizer’s vaccine need to be frozen at sub-Antarctica temperatures and Moderna’s does not?

Answering that question requires some speculation. The companies aren’t likely to reveal all the tricks and commercial secrets they used to make the vaccines, says Sanjay Mishra, a protein chemist and data scientist at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville.

But there are at least four things that may determine how fragile an mRNA vaccine is and how deeply it needs to be frozen to keep it fresh and effective. How the companies addressed those four challenges is likely the key to how cold the vaccines need to be, Mishra says.

Tranquility,
Reactions: macbill

BHOMG

How has COVID affected the rate of store robberies? Seems like it'd be much easier to safely get to a register and get out undetected, since everyone's in masks. Walking into a store with your face covered enough to hide your identity from security cameras wouldn't raise any eyebrows these days. Been meaning to spend a little time googling...that factor paired with the plummeting economy seems like a combination that'd raise robbery rates.

ChooChooCharlie

@ChooChooCharlie That was awesome to see, a nice stroll down memory lane! :)
Yes, Dan, 2017 perhaps, endin' Okin, unchristened Nomad just a glimmer...I'd like to think/hope this box project diverted rather than distracted, got you thinking out of the box while thinking about it?

Stole these pics from your instagram
DM-Box-shroomzoom.jpg

DM-Box-Open-and-Feet.jpg

Love that you took the time to describe the build:
DM-Box-Description.jpg

Top Bottom