Random thoughts

florduh

Who's everybody got in the PsyOp Bowl?

image.png

On the one hand, I'm not a Mahomes haters. He's a rare talent with the mentality of a champion. On the other hand, SF (or Santa Clara for that matter) is a better town than KC by an order of magnitude.

I think I'm just rooting for everybody to have a good time :shrug:.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think I'm just rooting for everybody to have a good time
As far as the teams are concerned, I have no dog in this hunt and couldn't care less who wins. I expect it to be a good and entertaining game. I guess when it comes right down to it, I have to favor the Chiefs just so that we can see the Republican Party meltdown afterwards...

florduh

Who's everybody got in the PsyOp Bowl?

image.png

On the one hand, I'm not a Mahomes haters. He's a rare talent with the mentality of a champion. On the other hand, SF (or Santa Clara for that matter) is a better town than KC by an order of magnitude.

I think I'm just rooting for everybody to have a good time :shrug:.

GGG9LsiXoAESjPD

florduh

After the Deep State rigged the Super Bowl by blocking that extra point attempt in the 4th quarter, every TV and computer in my house started playing this on repeat:

Someone who's good at technology please help!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
That would be a lot funnier if it didn't have a ring of truth to it. Not your computer problem, but the message in that message. Many things that we thought were way over the top just a little while ago are now mainstream.

florduh

You mean a ring of truth to World Economic Forum/Davos hysteria? There are no shadowy groups of elites conspiring to make us live in pods and eat bugs. There's just capitalism functioning as intended.

People don't want to reckon with that fact so they instead give themselves schizophrenia by developing incoherent and elaborate conspiracy theories to explain away the inherent contradictions of our economic system.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You mean a ring of truth to World Economic Forum/Davos hysteria?
No, The ring of truth that the Maga cult and the maga "leaders" are very effectively using fear to further weaken weak minded (or uneducated) peoples resistance to their ridiculous conspiracy theories and bullshit. Nobody with a functioning brain who has any education past the 6th grade is likely to buy the bullshit they're selling unless their minds are already corrupted by the lies promoted by Fox News et al. And now the regular media is starting to act like Fox News in effect by promoting the lies fed them by "experts" with no qualifications or credentials. "Elites" like economists and scientists and college professors and legal titans like Luttig and Tribe are ignored or given no more credence than disrespected and discredited conspiracy theorists with an "R" after their name.
We are in a really bad spot right now, and it is just as likely to get worse as better, probably more likely. Sitting down and shutting up is the worst thing we could do. We have to get just as loud as they are.

florduh

After watching all of the truly insane Super Bowl hysteria, I do wonder if a decent percentage of these problems could be solved by this country offering free at-point of service mental healthcare :shrug:

Take it from me. A completely mentally healthy guy who is currently considering spending $75,000 to set up a final, epic confrontation with my corrupt, criminal HOA board.

GGAYTx1WAAAdJmM

florduh

Absolutely worth it but I bet you could talk them down.

Right. After all, from a certain point of view, it's not HIS statue. It's OUR statue. I'll offer the cost of materials plus a fair value for his labor. After all, I'm going to need some money left over for a serious sound system to fill my front yard with song.

I played this outside my private high school. It became a public high school.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Bologna,

florduh

"Vote for no sex!" says the party crumbling under the deadweight of its incel army.

We'll see. But right now there's even odds they'll control the entire Federal government this time next year. And even if they don't, we're still going to let a couple of religious extremists in black robes most people voted against decide the law in this country. The Democrats' current plan to fix this is "wait a few decades for them to die".

florduh,
Top Bottom