Random thoughts

ChooChooCharlie

... every time I click on the FC it's Taffy Bowle this and Taffy Bowle that. It's the rags to riches of vapes. Who'd a thought.

Can't get away from Tafée, even in the Random thread

Leaked photos of mega cup model, and the stealth concept: flexible silicone gasket to fit mouthpiece of SmokeBuddy, with silicone straw attached to gasket's side, straw feeds along inside of cup up to user's exhale (that's what I call random entertainment)

Super-Size-drinkware-and-buddy.jpg

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I got my appt for 1st vaccination today. Stood in line for 2 hours to get my appt. I have to go back before noon for the actual shot. What a hassle! But it least its in my arm, now.

Last edited:

shredder

I got my appt for 1st vaccination today. Stood in line for 2 hours to get my appt. I have to go back before noon for the actual shot. What a hassle! But it least its in my arm, now.
I have an appointment for a vaccination tomorrow 9am about 25 miles away, and we're supposed to get 6 inches of snow by morning.:razz: Glad I have 4wd, and I hope it's not cancelled, lol.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
My daughter suggested I to start calling brick and mortar locations dispensing Covid vaccines daily to see if they have any "extra unused" that they need to use or lose by close of business.

I don't have a problem with that except that I don't want to spend an entire afternoon each day doing nothing but cold calling.

It plays in my head like.....

Me: Hello, My name is His-Highness. I don't qualify for the vaccine at this time but I was wondering if you had any covid vaccine that your going to have to throw out if you don't stick it in my arm today?

Store: His-Highness, no, we actually only have vaccine for those who qualify. And ... what's up with your name :lmao:

Tranquility

While it's not the "State of the Union" for newly inaugurated presidents (https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R40132.pdf), every president since 1934 has given one by now. (According to Wikipedia.)
Ronald Reagan's 1986 State of the Union Address was the first to have been postponed. He had planned to deliver the speech on January 28, 1986, but it was delayed for a week following the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster that morning.[15][16] Reagan instead addressed the nation from the Oval Office about the disaster.[16]

On January 23, 2019, the 2019 State of the Union speech by Donald Trump, originally planned for January 29, 2019, was canceled after an exchange of letters with Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi in which she stated she would not proceed with a vote on a resolution to permit him to deliver the speech in the House chamber until the end of 2018–19 United States federal government shutdown.[17] This decision rescinded an earlier invitation from the Speaker, reportedly the first time in American history that a Speaker had "disinvited" the President from delivering the address.[18] They later agreed to hold the speech on February 5, 2019.
[19]

Where's JOE?

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Can we keep the political shit off this forum please?
We can try. :)

I know it's tough to hold back sometimes. Personally I'd like to talk about COVID. Massive ongoing issue impacting pretty much everyone on the planet. Unfortunately that discussion tends to turn unnecessarily political in a way that disrupts the peace and harmony of the board. A decision was made to curb said discussion so I'm respecting it. Fortunately there are plenty of other of places online to talk politics 24/7.

Tranquility

We can try. :)

I know it's tough to hold back sometimes. Personally I'd like to talk about COVID. Massive ongoing issue impacting pretty much everyone on the planet. Unfortunately that discussion tends to turn unnecessarily political in a way that disrupts the peace and harmony of the board. A decision was made to curb said discussion so I'm respecting it. Fortunately there are plenty of other of places online to talk politics 24/7.
Try, what?

I understand you can do what you want with any posting or any poster in regards to your board. But, while there has been a much better moderation of late in keeping politics off, much of that has to do with one side not posting. There's plenty of politics that get into plenty of postings out of nasty habit of orangemanbad. I've stopped posting twice (without being banned) because it was clear to me I was getting far more worked up than reasonable in order to keep peace an harmony on the board.

However, times change and people change forcing a different result. It doesn't take much to look at the situation in the world in general to know there is a concerted effort to keep some thoughts out of the conversation--including on this site. At some point, there needs to be a choice.

1. Stop all "political" talk by rule. This is the most fair, won't be liked by anyone and will be a moderation nightmare if actually enforced rather than window dressing.

2. Stop political talk by banning. While related to the above, it's clear there are some thumbs sticking up just waiting to be hammered. I admit to being one of the thumbs. But, there are others where you can predict some political, religious or other insult to some's ideals from many of their posts that need be hammered here. You can calm the waters quickly by hammering down the thumbs.

3. Continue to discourage political talk by one side. This is the result I like the least as I know who has to tread lightly. It is the easiest for the board, but the one that causes most risk. It would be terrible to someday have a test case of some disgruntled vaper disparage a vape falsely and the manufacturer looks around for anyone he can sue. There are two groups of attorneys I know of who are starting databases on moderation decisions of large entities in the hope of developing evidence of bias in the hope of removing defamation protections of a communication utility and turning them into publishers. It's coming, you'll see suits in the years to come. They'll be looking for deep pockets, at least at first.

4. Continue to discourage political talk by the intent behind it. At some point, a fair decision can be made that repeated posts (thumbs) are intended to be harassing or otherwise hurtful to individuals on the board and the poster or posts are removed. Not because someone's panties are in a bunch, but because the intent behind the post was to hurt. Posts hurting people on purpose are not allowed under current rules. (Be nice. Let’s have some engaging and intelligent discussion.)

Of course, if this post is considered a discussion of moderation and against the rules, I'll take my warning or banning without complaint. Wouldn't want to break the rules!

60007c9de9a26.jpeg

cv0undujr7l31.png

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Mod Note: This is a cannabis forum that focuses on vapor consumption over combustion. There are many, many forums where one can discuss politics 'til the cows come home. The owner of this forum and we volunteer moderators are cannabis enthusiasts not political moderators. Please go elsewhere should you wish to discuss politics. If posts have been removed, it's often political in nature, and meant to enflame.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Of course, if this post is considered a discussion of moderation and against the rules, I'll take my warning or banning without complaint. Wouldn't want to break the rules!
I think you know full well that it is and yet you posted it publicly instead of taking it up with a staff member in private.

If you don't like rules or moderation here no one is forcing you to visit, right? I'll stick my neck out for you here even though you should be getting a warning point. We aren't going to waste more time on basic rules though. For the next few weeks your posts will go into the moderation queue and require approval before being made public.

Random thought: What would actually happen if everyone in the world just got along and worked together?

Top Bottom