Quitting combustion thanks to vaping

lokiki

Thanks everyone for the kind advice and tips !

So far still at the 1 joint a day, going to kick it tomorrow and fully commit to vaping.
I am not as active as I hope to be on the forums, sadly life is busy lately. But I do read everything u all post and thanks a lot for that :)
As far as vapes go, I started with a Mighty, then got a dynavap, then a hybrid and now an omnivap xl. love them all

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I was smoking for about 30 years, both joints and cigarettes – thc and nicotine can both be used safely, though both are commonly used in a very unsafe way; for me e cigarettes *and* dry herb vaporizers were the keys to quit combusting entirely.

If you can quit tobacco / nicotine by yourself, definitely do so, but if you find yourself struggling too hard with it, don't hesitate to look into the e cig world again. It may take some time to find the right devices, flavors and nicotine strength, but many of us needed (or still need) some time to find their right dry herb device as well.

You might want to take a look at the Dynavaps; when it comes to help quitting joints, it seems to be the most succesful device in my opinion, because it mimics many aspects of joints so well.

Good luck & welcome!

Alexis

Guys one suggestion. Not exactly the point of this bread that all but I would strongly recommend to all tobacco smokers to at the very least switch to organic tobacco.

And then there is that jungle amazonian tobacco called Mapacho I believe., it allegedly has medicinal properties but is way less toxic and and harmful than westernised tobacco.

But regardless @lokiki your Express wish is to quit entirely for which I told you and I'm certain he will be able to achieve it more easily don't you think. It just takes a little time to get used to the cannabis high without the nicotine effects on the alongside. The pros in terms of health benefits, smell factor, amount of herb needed and more.... just about make it worthwhile IMO.

Best of luck bro and please keep us posted on your developments and courses of action.

EverythingsHazy

Thanks everyone for the kind advice and tips !

So far still at the 1 joint a day, going to kick it tomorrow and fully commit to vaping.
I am not as active as I hope to be on the forums, sadly life is busy lately. But I do read everything u all post and thanks a lot for that :)
As far as vapes go, I started with a Mighty, then got a dynavap, then a hybrid and now an omnivap xl. love them all
Is the tobacco the only thing keeping you wanting to smoke (rather than just vape)? If so, you can try weaning yourself off of the habit, by vaping the mixture of cannabis and tobacco, and gradually lowering the amount of tobacco.

EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: lokiki

lokiki

Is the tobacco the only thing keeping you wanting to smoke (rather than just vape)? If so, you can try weaning yourself off of the habit, by vaping the mixture of cannabis and tobacco, and gradually lowering the amount of tobacco.
I think its just the nicotine, the taste and smell are really awful compared to vaping, so it has to be the nicotine.

day 1 today guys. will be grumpy for sure haha.

got a week off so I'll be posting a bit more on the forums,

You might want to take a look at the Dynavaps; when it comes to help quitting joints, it seems to be the most succesful device in my opinion, because it mimics many aspects of joints so well.

Good luck & welcome!

Yes the dynavaps are really nice and seem to last a lifetime if treated well. it's indeed very alike to a joint but the high is way stronger.
I like it a lot and thanks for the advice ^^

EverythingsHazy

I think its just the nicotine, the taste and smell are really awful compared to vaping, so it has to be the nicotine.

Yes the dynavaps are really nice and seem to last a lifetime if treated well. it's indeed very alike to a joint but the high is way stronger.
Yea, that's what I was thinking. If so, vaping the tobacco mixed in, would probably satisfy some of that, but if you're able to just cut it out, altogether, that may be your best bet.

Good luck! We're rooting for ya!

EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: lokiki

Alexis

Youve seen me banging on about Kava recently, openly extolling its merits and potential for assisting with with overcoming addictions and easing withdrawals and cravings and general discomfort without creating another physical dependence in the process.

I haven't thought about kava in relation to nicotine addiction so far so I'm glad you have have brought this to my mind because I would feel extremely confident that kava could also help tobacco smokers to kick their habit much more easily and successfully I really taking the edge off of those cravings and can be combined with cannabis actually they synergise and potentiates each other so you would possibly end up reducing your cannabis dependence and intake maybe you could try the kava temporarily to cut out the tobacco.

And maybe it would be better to place less pressure on yourself about going cold turkey and just start with taking whole entire days off of nicotine altogether just one at a time I'm and take each day at a time with no pressure or timeline but confidence that you are making progress and going in the right direction and building on discipline- "banking" it effectively.

But I do reckon the kava could be very useful in helping you you really overcome your nicotine cravings and dependants much more comfortably and easily.

Just thought I would make the suggestion anyway but whichever path you take you sound determined to me and I feel confident that you will get there and make the adjustment and be so much happier and pleased once you have done so however long it takes.

I'm actually looking forward to your new life of pure vapour only with no tobacco it will be a different experience and high and I expect you will miss the effects of the tobacco combined with the cannabis but this will just be something you will need to bear and allow to dwindle and fade with time time until it is barely a memory free and nothing is consciously missed eventually

Thanks for keeping us posted anyway it is always nice when people like yourself start such a thread and engage us in unity over the matter,, and continue to share with us your thoughts and progress.

I personally will continue to be very interested in how this pans out for you and what sort of mental and practical approach you find works most comfortably and for the best overall.

Good luck man and hoping to hear more when you have made a little (or a lot of) extra progress.

WakeVape&Bake

good luck, starting is always good! when i stopped with tobacco it helped me to remember that it is much better for the health to stop tobacco.

i´ve also did a full week of no weed smoking simultaneously before i´ve to vape...that helped me immensely to enjoy the effects of the vaping. it is completely different from cannabis+tobacco and even different from smoking pure cannabis.

at first it was strange but it really helped that it was new to me at the time and i just accepted it. after a short time i really felt how much more effective vaping is and how you can taste all nuances of the herb.

mac_47

Smoked for a decade then got some vapes and my health improved generally. I associate vaping with good habits as I'm generally positive on cannabis.

mac_47,

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
As a daily e-cig vapor I can say that the amount of irritation you get widely depends on quite a few factors.

Starting with the juice, their are a large varieties of nicotine. Freebase nicotine was used in the early days and is one of the most irritating sources of nicotine. Now their are more advance sources of nicotine called nicotine salts which are much more smooth. Nicotine salts also come in different chemistries as well. Ejuice makers would usually not list the exact nicotine used so you are left in the dark a lot.

I make my own juice and know extract ingredients used and it is exponentially cheaper. $20 worth of pure nicotine will last a pack a day smoker years. I know cause that is my situation.

Nic strength comes into play a lot also, you can get from 40mg to 3 mg. The nicotine content will be the bulk of what makes it irritating so......

Tank/coil power used also play's a big factor. You can get anything from 200w cloud chasing tanks to 15w mouth to lung type tanks.

If I wanted I could make a setup that was like breathing air, but that is not satisfying. It's about finding a balance.

scy123,

bushmaster

I hadn't smoked cannabis for several years having switched entirely to vaping. I was doing some housekeeping and stumbled across a couple of my old bongs. I kinda got a hankering to use them again so I smoked weed occasionally over a 3 or 4 day period. Woke up yesterday and noticed that familiar old raspy husky feeling in my lungs. Hadn't felt that for a long time.
OK, experiment over. Fuck combustion, man.

C No Ego

I hadn't smoked cannabis for several years having switched entirely to vaping. I was doing some housekeeping and stumbled across a couple of my old bongs. I kinda got a hankering to use them again so I smoked weed occasionally over a 3 or 4 day period. Woke up yesterday and noticed that familiar old raspy husky feeling in my lungs. Hadn't felt that for a long time.

I was getting really low on cannabis an while back and used a little bat one hitter for a while with some bee line ... nothing like an ash tray tasting medication right ... LOL. makes me appreciate vaping that much more now, for effects and taste

bushmaster

Wow, I've got one of those little bat one hitters somewhere in my stuff. They were pretty cool in their day. Probably a good thing I didn't find it along with my bongs.:)

bushmaster,
Reactions: C No Ego

EverythingsHazy

Nothing like using a bong WITH a vape.... Bruh.. Let me put you onto the idea....Hook up an E-Nano with a 18-19mm gong connector, and you can milk a huge bong, for massive, smooth hits. VaporBonging FTW

Top Bottom