Quick Vestratto Forge induction heater

Duba

Accessory Maker
I believe John addressed this question it was asked on the Discord Vestratto Forge channel:
here it is: (short answer its a drop of glue to hold hundreds of coil hairs)
thank you for sharing.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Has anyone else noticed the different sounds the Forge makes depending on what you put in it?

If I put the TA's in I get different responses, for the TA4 there is a constant hum, with the TA3 it starts humming at first and then fades out to nothing.

If I put the Tempest in it I here a pulsing humming - almost beeping sound - which my partner asked me if there was something wrong, I said I don't know.

If I put a Anvil in it is completely silent.

If I put a Dynavap in there is a clicking sound as it try's to couple but there is no other noises similar to the Anvil.

SockPuppetTheatrics

Has anyone else noticed the different sounds the Forge makes depending on what you put in it?

If I put the TA's in I get different responses, for the TA4 there is a constant hum, with the TA3 it starts humming at first and then fades out to nothing.

If I put the Tempest in it I here a pulsing humming - almost beeping sound - which my partner asked me if there was something wrong, I said I don't know.

If I put a Dynavap in there is a clicking sound as it try's to couple but there is no other noises similar to the Anvil.

I've only done Tempest and Anvil (still waiting for the TA4 to become available in the US), and I get the beeping noise you described using the Tempest and nothing audible (at least not audible over the symphony of air conditioners, traffic, and construction) using the Tempest.

I'll need to play with the wagon wheel a bit more to figure out heights. I think I have the axle (or whatever) screwed all the way in, which I guess would be the lowest height for the devices.

SockPuppetTheatrics,

HumbleLivings

I only get a lound noise and yellow light from Tempest its a continous loud mid pitch tone, I get no noise on Anvil(TC), TA3, I have not tried any of the Dynavaps yet, I dont think i will,
I use YLL 2.0 for all Dyna's its perfect for them (I could let go of dynas and dyna sits nice and snug in yll 2.0 in the forge the hole is so big that i would have to hang on to the Dynavap so it could stay on right ( i have not tried but I am guessing this would happen as hole is alot bigger on Forge, i may be wrong though)

I am enjoying the Forge, the overheating part I think its just us finding the right temps to make it work without overheating and still get good extraction, thats where the forge shines

I have the Camo Inductor also that one is more powerful but it misses the mark on not having a timer(but dont get me wrong I like it alot also) I think if they put a timer on it, it would be alot better, but even as it is its very good at what it does just like the Forge
exciting times alot of innovating in this community ✌️

Knewt

My Forge arrived today (5 days early). I tried my M12’s, and out of 7 batteries (1.5 to 4.0 amps) 2 will not fit. These 2 are my oldest batteries, one of them is 9 or 10 years old. The new style is on the right, and you can see that it has an inside radius between the internal cells. The older version has the sides tangent to the internal cells with no internal radius. The Forge was designed for the newer batteries, and hits in the tangent sides of the older battery. Jamming the older style into the Forge will just damage the Forge shell.

53762894218_dcf7c761a4_c.jpg

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I am enjoying the Forge, the overheating part I think its just us finding the right temps to make it work without overheating and still get good extraction, thats where the forge shines
I like what the forge is capable of and how easy it makes heating and reheating.

The main thing that I am concerned about is that when the Forge it turned off but has the battery in, it keeps making this constant sound that only stops when you remove the battery - this ones harder to hear though..

I also keep making the forge go into "Device Overheat" all the (especially the TA3). I have had it happen from a completely cold, that is I start the forge, put the TA3 in, hit start and it overheats.

The sounds / warning beeps / pulsing when using the Tempest and when using the TA3 in certain positions is strange - I am hoping its just me not knowing the best settings for those devices & not that there is some change that needs to be made to support devices (Dynavap and the Anvil are silent compared to the other devices)

I've also noticed that at times you put the device in and start it heating and a waft of smoke will come out of the coils, its in a earlier video I posted so I wont again.

On the positive side of things, the Forge makes heating so bloody simple, figure out some presets and you can keep a device at the temp you want it at for ages with just little additions of heat.

Last edited:

HumbleLivings

The main thing that I am concerned about is that when the Forge it turned off but has the battery in, it keeps making this constant sound that only stops when you remove the battery - this ones harder to hear though..
Yes i have noticed that also, I sent Vestratto an email on this and a video also, they received my email and video and will get back to me as soon as their engineer team gets back to them.
I think its the speaker humming, but its obviously Not off but On on some type of standby mode, if you notice when "off" you can hit the Large button and vestratto logo and firware version pops out immediately (so Forge is really Not off) not sure why
maybe it has to stay on to remember the Hit#'s, if not they would erase? I'm not sure

HumbleLivings,
Reactions: sedentree

Duba

Accessory Maker
Yes i have noticed that also, I sent Vestratto an email on this and a video also, they received my email and video and will get back to me as soon as their engineer team gets back to them.
I think its the speaker humming, but its obviously Not off but On on some type of standby mode, if you notice when "off" you can hit the Large button and vestratto logo and firware version pops out immediately (so Forge is really Not off) not sure why
maybe it has to stay on to remember the Hit#'s, if not they would erase? I'm not sure
It seems that the test versions also had this problem, which had been reported to Vestratto, meaning that the battery is used even when the Forge is switched off.
I was hoping, seeing that the Forge box provides for storing the Forge with the battery in place, that the problem had been solved.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I got some feedback from John about the noises & he also posted them in the Discord so for everyone else

"The units power supply is always on because it draws 3 milliamps from the 12V battery and converts it to 3V to keep the processor running in order to scan the keys. When the Display is activated the current goes up to 8 milliamps"

I guess we need to take the battery out when the device is not in use.

He also address the sound with the Tempest :

"There are some much louder noises associated with heating the Tempest or Thermal Accumulator which I am pretty certian are the balls vibrating in the inductive field."

I have tested this by removing the balls and the sound still happens so I have sent the new video to John and am awaiting feedback.

btka

I like what the forge is capable of and how easy it makes heating and reheating.

I also keep making the forge go into "Device Overheat" all the (especially the TA3). I have had it happen from a completely cold, that is I start the forge, put the TA3 in, hit start and it overheats.

The sounds / warning beeps / pulsing when using the Tempest and when using the TA3 in certain positions is strange - I am hoping its just me not knowing the best settings for those devices & not that there is some change that needs to be made to support devices (Dynavap and the Anvil are silent compared to the other devices)

I've also noticed that at times you put the device in and start it heating and a waft of smoke will come out of the coils, its in a earlier video I posted so I wont again.

On the positive side of things, the Forge makes heating so bloody simple, figure out some presets and you can keep a device at the temp you want it at for ages with just little additions of heat.
I do not own a forge, but I have a wand and sometimes when heating up my TA3 with it also smoke comes from the coils, especially when I touch the tip of the TA3 with my fingers, I imagine it is the oils from my fingers and also where the coils are there built up resin from the herb, I imagine when heating up the TA3 vapor escapes and condenses where the glass is in front of the coils… but can not tell if it is the same with forge as I do not own one..

btka,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I do not own a forge, but I have a wand and sometimes when heating up my TA3 with it also smoke comes from the coils, especially when I touch the tip of the TA3 with my fingers, I imagine it is the oils from my fingers and also where the coils are there built up resin from the herb, I imagine when heating up the TA3 vapor escapes and condenses where the glass is in front of the coils… but can not tell if it is the same with forge as I do not own one..
I have noticed with the Tempest there is always oils because I always handle the cap and in that situation the vapour/smoke is coming from around the device when the device is in the coil. I have seen the "smoke" / "vapour" come up from the 7 holes (grouped into 3 sets) around the coil, not from where the device is sat, it happened before "Device Overheat" last time I saw it. I figured it was the coil wraps, the orange cloth that is around the coils.

VapingYogi,
Reactions: btka

Singularity Walker

I got some feedback from John about the noises & he also posted them in the Discord so for everyone else

"The units power supply is always on because it draws 3 milliamps from the 12V battery and converts it to 3V to keep the processor running in order to scan the keys. When the Display is activated the current goes up to 8 milliamps"

That answer is reasonable for why the battery is in use when off.
That answer does not cover why the speaker and other components unrelated to the circuitry of the processor listening for button presses would be getting power. That audible speaker hum alone would account for far more than 3 milliamps (closer to 100 milliamps for an audible noise).

I both like and dislike the Milwaukee battery choice. I understand it is really just 3 18650 batteries in a normal 2-3A Milwaukee batttery. I dislike not being able to directly use my 18650s, but I also like the idea of being able to buy battery packs of larger sizes with more cells in parallel for longer usage.

It seems like no matter which upcoming device I look at there are still going to be trade-offs and issues based on their current betas.

Edit: corrected wrong brand name usage (something stuck in my head), thank you Knewt

Last edited:

Knewt

That answer is reasonable for why the battery is in use when off.
That answer does not cover why the speaker and other components unrelated to the circuitry of the processor listening for button presses would be getting power. That audible speaker hum alone would account for far more than 3 milliamps (closer to 100 milliamps for an audible noise).

I both like and dislike the Makita battery choice. I understand it is really just 3 18650 batteries in a normal 2-3A Makita batttery. I dislike not being able to directly use my 18650s, but I also like the idea of being able to buy battery packs of larger sizes with more cells in parallel for longer usage.

It seems like no matter which upcoming device I look at there are still going to be trade-offs and issues based on their current betas.
Milwaukee battery packs. I love them since I already have 7 of them and I have zero 18650’s.

bobothevaper

Current Settings

1100@60% for the M and
1100@65% for the M7 or M+
2250@85% for the Tempest
2500@100% Anvil ThermoCore (full bowl) - no harshness, coolish vapour but but good extraction
2600@100% Anvil ThermoCore (full bowl) - walking this up to find the upper end for me / as close to RDL as I want to get
2800@100% TA3
3000@100% TA4

I have seen people talking about going as high as 2900@100% for the Anvil but I kind of feel that's further than I will take it.
That’s me. I’m at 2900@100 ✌️

I do small mtl puffs on a pipe. Idk if that makes any difference.

I want my avb as dark as possible. Weed is expensive here.

HumbleLivings

Yeah this Cascade mode is something else with the Forge, so many heating, possibilities and options

I just tried 2170J @70% on Cascade on ANVIL [ThermaCore-Full Bowl]
and this one gives me good vapor 3 medium hits, then I go back
to the Forge and it calculates what is needed to do a final clean up hit, and it does it again and again
the same exact way, once you save this setting
(I just wish they are able to do some type of update to software to allow more than 4 presets)
Because we have so many options to do different heating setting options that we need more than 4 presets
I am enjoying the Forge! ✌️

EDIT: For TEMPEST(Cascade):
2850J @70% on Cascade mode gives you great vapor and flavor on 1st heat up session
then 2nd heatup gives you more vapor and finally a roasty taste towards the end of the cleanup session.

after this 2nd Cascade heatup, you can debowl vaped herb
Reload immediately
and do same Cascade setting
and this time you can finish it all up on 1st heat up session. Cheers ✌️

Last edited:

HumbleLivings

I clearly need to check out Cascade mode...

UPDATE: I don't see how to set the Forge in Cascade mode. Not mentioned anywhere I could see in the manual...
Hey Texus, its pretty simple

so select any preset with a quick click on big button

change Joules to 2170J @70% (For Anvil Thermacore-Full bowl)
change the Manual or Automatic TO Cascade
long press big button, to Save and use this Cascade setting
Cheers! ✌️

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Cascade with the TA has been performing better than expected, its a cool feature and being that I can't get the TA's to heat perfectly on a single heat up (especially the TA4) the second heat from cascade seems to really bring the TA to life - when it doesn't overheat.

2200@85% on cascade is what I am playing with for the TA3. The first heat & hits are all flavour but light on the vapour, the second heat (usually about 700@85%) starts to have the vapour levels I am looking for.... and the third heat (usually 900-1000@85%) is all effects... the AVB is consistent and I haven't overheated the Forge using the TA3 in this way (yet)

Last edited:
Top Bottom