Quick Vestratto Forge induction heater

LordKahel

For those wondering, I am still waiting on them to tell me what is happening with my forge (it been 3 weeks since they received my unit). Contacted Support yesterday and they told me that they contacted the dev team but that he would let John update me on my forge (it never a good sign when it the boss telling something to the customer) but no message from John so far. So this has been a stressful experience for me so far , they have been vague , especially never mentioning if they would fix it or not. At this point i am scared that i just lost 350$ USD because why would they avoid giving me an update after 3 weeks if they planned on fixing it or giving me a replacement.

I just don't know what to do anymore and it so frustrating...

Texus

Unfortunately, their commications has not always been great. I believe one of these Vestratto threads has the direct email for John.

LordKahel

Unfortunately, their commications has not always been great. I believe one of these Vestratto threads has the direct email for John.

Yeah they have been communicating with the johnmumford gmail e-mail that i see here . At this point he is just ignoring it , because they told me he would try to find the time to update me during the week-end ... Surprise . no update.

LordKahel,

LordKahel

Update!

I talked to John directly on the phone . He apologized for the miscommunication and the delays , explained everything in details . Waiting on some parts but my Forge will be fixed and sent back soon.

I am happy with the resolution of the problem and John was very nice .

hotmeals

Serial vapist
I got my Forge in the Tornado bundle yesterday, and the build quality is a little worse than I was expecting. The plastic housing is somewhat thin and creaky. The seam on one side of the handle isn't closed all the way which makes it less sturdy as well. Hopefully this is just from a loose screw, I'll have to see if I can find a Torx driver around to try tightening it. Performance, however, has been top notch. The recommended beginner setting of 2600J 80% power was roasting beyond my preference, and after a few seshes with it, my best hit has been using 2200J at 70% power, with the integrated stem set to medium airflow. I'm going to try bumping the power percentage up a little next hit. Loving it so far, but I think Vestratto really set a high expectation of build quality with the Anvil along with the price, and for me that expectation was not quite met.

Smknbud

I got my Forge in the Tornado bundle yesterday, and the build quality is a little worse than I was expecting. The plastic housing is somewhat thin and creaky. The seam on one side of the handle isn't closed all the way which makes it less sturdy as well. Hopefully this is just from a loose screw, I'll have to see if I can find a Torx driver around to try tightening it.
Huh. Not the impression I have with my Forge since I've had since May. The plastic housing on mine is creak free and the portion where you insert the battery has ribbed reinforcement and is as rigid as should be expected without the battery inserted. Seams are all tight on mine. The only nit pick I can come up with is it's bulky. Performance wise, as you also stated, is top notch.

Smknbud,
Reactions: hotmeals

Knewt

Huh. Not the impression I have with my Forge since I've had since May. The plastic housing on mine is creak free and the portion where you insert the battery has ribbed reinforcement and is as rigid as should be expected without the battery inserted. Seams are all tight on mine. The only nit pick I can come up with is it's bulky. Performance wise, as you also stated, is top notch.
This has also been my experience.

hotmeals

Serial vapist
I just tried a little Dynavap sesh with the Forge. Had a surprisingly good no click bowl with the M7 at 350J, 30% power, cascade mode.

hotmeals,

Knewt

I just tried a little Dynavap sesh with the Forge. Had a surprisingly good no click bowl with the M7 at 350J, 30% power, cascade mode.
I’ve never tried a Dynavap, but those are really low settings in my experience. I’m currently using 2150 Joules, 76% power Cascade mode.

Knewt,

hotmeals

Serial vapist
They are low settings for sure. I'm aiming for a slow session style of Dynavap usage with those settings. My last Anvil hit was 2250J, 75%. Haven't tried cascade with the Anvil yet

hotmeals,
Reactions: Knewt

hotmeals

Serial vapist
Welp, my Forge just broke also. I decided to put an Anvil screen into my Tornado to try it out because I assume they're just using the same screens anyway. I stuck it into the Forge, it immediately made a beep and went into "pause". The Forge now will not detect a load. I tried Anvil and Dynavap. I tried turning it on and off and replacing the battery. Quite irritating and not at all what I expect from Vestratto. This was supposed to be the vape that was designed for the Forge from the ground up.

edit: @LordKahel would you mind sharing more details about what went wrong with your unit?

edit2: I emailed John and this seems to be a known problem with the first batch of Forges. He came across as very earnestly wanting to solve the problem, and I believe they will.

Last edited:
hotmeals,
  • Wow
Reactions: simba

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
Quote:

Hi Guys,

John here. We have had two more Tornado related failures so please DO NOT use the Tornado in your Forge until we sort this out. We are on this as maximum priority and will be reporting progress. The engineers are starting hard at this in the morning.

BushRanger,

Vestratto

Manufacturer
Welp, my Forge just broke also. I decided to put an Anvil screen into my Tornado to try it out because I assume they're just using the same screens anyway. I stuck it into the Forge, it immediately made a beep and went into "pause". The Forge now will not detect a load. I tried Anvil and Dynavap. I tried turning it on and off and replacing the battery. Quite irritating and not at all what I expect from Vestratto. This was supposed to be the vape that was designed for the Forge from the ground up.

edit: @LordKahel would you mind sharing more details about what went wrong with your unit?

edit2: I emailed John and this seems to be a known problem with the first batch of Forges. He came across as very earnestly wanting to solve the problem, and I believe they will.
Hi guys
John here.

I'm really sorry but right now I'd ask you to NOT use the Tornado with your FORGE induction heater until we find out what the problem is. We know a few things that it isn't - like over-heating etc. but it is beyond me until I get engineering support in the morning.

In any event we will be on this as our highest priority. I haven't heard any recent reports of problems with the ANVIL so I think you can continue to use that without any trouble. We don't want you to brick your FORGE on a "known problem". Once we fix the issue we will be working with each of you to remedy the situation. I'm really sorry this is happening but we are totally committed to this project so please stick with us.

Not every unit is showing the problem but please don't risk bricking your unit before we have a fix!

LordKahel

From what i understood it was a sensor that overheated and failed. But it was with an Anvil on a hot summer day.

I received my fixed unit a few days after my last update.

LordKahel,
Top Bottom