• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Quartz Banger Thread

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Did you ever solve your carb cap issue? I'm having similar issues with the pi cap not moving pearls at all and having to much airflow so I'm not getting consistent vaporization. Can't find anyone else with a similar problem.

I didn't think the Pi caps had the curved/twisting air-paths needed to spin pearls.

Ramahs,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Pi caps are awesome, BUT they are not spinner caps. You want to spin, get a spinner cap.

IMO spinner caps are not the answer if the Pi cap provided too much airflow... the spinners are even less restrictive.

Flinging spinners is all the rage, but IMO everyone spins way to damn fast. Sometimes Pi just works so much better and keeps oils spread out throughout the dish evenly. Spinners often just track around the outside rim of the banger and don't offer the same flexibility nor control of the Pi.

Anyone ever try one of these funnel shaped bangers?

funnel-quartz-banger-nail-ml-14mm.jpg

Hackerman,
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Anyone ever try one of these funnel shaped bangers?

funnel-quartz-banger-nail-ml-14mm.jpg
Nope, but I grabbed a cheap one of these for 4/20...:
c587d61e-af26-489c-b6a8-7cdeaf5a863d-jpeg.26989

Works pretty well with this Rotten Snake live badder... I heat up the "waist" and sides with cheap lp gas first, drop the dab and then heat the bottom/subsequent hits with a little single flame torch:

Thinking about getting one of these to checkout with a coil... anyone ever use one?:
IMG_2363_5000x.jpg

And maybe one of these, too:
IMG_1845_2048x.jpg

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Pearls would stay in there and shoot down the stem with the cap on... but this looks like it's not designed for one anyway... wouldn't it make it easier for the wax to run up with a funnel wall...? It's kinda like the opposite of the splash guard banger... watch all your wax bubble up and get sucked down the stem....?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Reviving this old thread because I thought it might be a better idea instead of starting a new one in the concentrate section?

Wanted to share that this guy posted some 10 mm flash sales so I just scored a blender to finally try, see more available:
Screenshot-20230110-162837.png

Stories disappear as the flash sales end I guess, slurper and scrambler still seem available along with wide bottom banger, probably will post more so this is his Instagram:
and this is his online store too:
Pretty reasonable prices regardless!

I also decided to order a 14 mm diamond knot quartz banger to try as I had my eye on one of these since discovering them, saw some costing over a hundred dollars though which I could never do, but still interested as I do tend to prefer hot start dabbing... Appreciate the simplicity I think? We'll see how it functions for me, incredibly reasonable price, I think they are the ones from the guy above, his are sold out and even cheaper it seems, still a couple knots left along with other bangers at reasonable prices here though:

Ramahs

I've been wanting to get a slurper for some time. However, I haven't acquired a slurper set yet because I've read that they're a pain to keep clean and that you have to practically dunk them in iso after a dab, before your next re-heat.
What do y'all think?

Shit Snacks

I've been wanting to get a slurper for some time. However, I haven't acquired a slurper set yet because I've read that they're a pain to keep clean and that you have to practically dunk them in iso after a dab, before your next re-heat.
What do y'all think?

I have one from China that I haven't tried yet, but the dunking seems to be a common practice especially for connoisseurs of the cold start dab... Can't you just torch a slurper clean, the hot start dab special? The blender style I have coming seems like a nice in between option however, so much variety!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Ramahs

Hippie

I picked up a slurp e from b2cvape
It is extra work swabbing the trough, taking the ball off the top, then picking out the hot ball from the middle and the pill or whatever from the lower section for a wipe down and to swab out the innards but it is tasty.

Ramahs

I have one from China that I haven't tried yet, but the dunking seems to be a common practice especially for connoisseurs of the cold start dab... Can't you just torch a slurper clean, the hot start dab special? The blender style I have coming seems like a nice in between option however, so much variety!

Yeah, I like the look of blenders over the regular classic-style slurpers.
But I have no idea how they actually compare in function/use.

Shit Snacks

Yeah, I like the look of blenders over the regular classic-style slurpers.
But I have no idea how they actually compare in function/use.

I'll try to remember to let you know when I finally try them! Pretty difficult with all these little differences between them right? lol

Shit Snacks,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I've not yet tried autos... I really have just fallen in love over and over with Evan Shore XL. Something about that Toric Bell shape, the corner of the walls perfectly matching the radius of my pearls, it is just perfect for me but I do want to grab an auto spinner one day...

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I've not yet tried autos... I really have just fallen in love over and over with Evan Shore XL. Something about that Toric Bell shape, the corner of the walls perfectly matching the radius of my pearls, it is just perfect for me but I do want to grab an auto spinner one day...

My buddy turned me on to the auto and I instantly liked it, especially with a slurper pillar; it totally shreds. You can really vacuum down some globs with that setup.

buckhakeesah

Reviving this old thread because I thought it might be a better idea instead of starting a new one in the concentrate section?

Wanted to share that this guy posted some 10 mm flash sales so I just scored a blender to finally try, see more available:

Stories disappear as the flash sales end I guess, slurper and scrambler still seem available along with wide bottom banger, probably will post more so this is his Instagram:

I also decided to order a 14 mm diamond knot quartz banger to try as I had my eye on one of these since discovering them, saw some costing over a hundred dollars though which I could never do, but still interested as I do tend to prefer hot start dabbing... Appreciate the simplicity I think? We'll see how it functions for me, incredibly reasonable price, I think they are the ones from the guy above, his are sold out and even cheaper it seems, still a couple knots left along with other bangers at reasonable prices here though:

Thanks @Shit Snacks , I finally got one after I saw this, been curious about these slurpers. Thanks for sharing this deal.

buckhakeesah

I guess my slurping isn’t happening. These guys wouldn’t honor the discount code that went thru on the transaction. :huh: Cuz I went 90/14mm. Code worked but no dice and got rejected lol. First time this happened for me. Oh well, I’m now interested in looking at what @invertedisdead suggested. What style auto spinner banger are you using with the terp pill? Do you have a pic to share?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I guess my slurping isn’t happening. These guys wouldn’t honor the discount code that went thru on the transaction. :huh: Cuz I went 90/14mm. Code worked but no dice and got rejected lol. First time this happened for me. Oh well, I’m now interested in looking at what @invertedisdead suggested. What style auto spinner banger are you using with the terp pill? Do you have a pic to share?

I still need to pick one for myself, but I've used my friends auto a bunch, my buddy has this one, or one very similar to it. It reminds me of using a Slurper, but easier to clean.

I like it a lot with both cold starts or Dab-Rite hits.

Shit Snacks

I guess my slurping isn’t happening. These guys wouldn’t honor the discount code that went thru on the transaction. :huh: Cuz I went 90/14mm. Code worked but no dice and got rejected lol. First time this happened for me

Sorry, but you didn't follow their instructions, they said the code was only for the 10 mm version! They even posted to say if you order the wrong size or the wrong item with the code, they will refund and remove that item order... They were unable to make specific codes that only work with specific dropdown selections so I'm sorry you were confused!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
quartzbangers has this deal going until midnight. Is this a good starter setup?

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
OK, I 'm not really in the loop when it comes to oil and dabbing.... can someone explain terp slurpers please?
Why are they called that? Why are they so deep/long?
What is the middle marble doing blocking the airway? What are those quartz screws I see inside some pieces?

just why? Is this about restricting the airflow while maintaining a vortex/ semi-vacuum going on?

Last edited:
Haze Mister,

Shit Snacks

OK, I 'm not really in the loop when it comes to oil and dabbing.... can someone explain terp slurpers please?
Why are they called that? Why are they so deep/long?

Because they have the bottom dish, with slits into the center pillar, so you load the dabs on the outside and slurp them in, as opposed to dropping them in the dish of a regular banger... I have not tried the slipper I have yet, but I have a new blender I just tried and they work similarly... I've seen another style called scrambler lol

What is the middle marble doing blocking the airway? What are those quartz screws I see inside some pieces?

What's convenient is the top marble stays there, instead of a bubble cap or other carb cap, the airflow is coming from the bottom, the middle marble and or pill spin in the center around with the oil, it does not black the air pathway, I have to look at the slurper again to see about that second smaller pearl in relation to the marble and pill though since the blender just has the marble on top and a pearl or pill in the main cylinder... It spends really well the way the air flow comes in! Sometimes you see screws and other shapes, they are still the same thing, I've even seen a mini kettlebell for the marble and dumbbell for the pill lol

just why? Is this about restricting the airflow while maintaining a vortex/ semi-vacuum going on?

It's just something different, it doesn't feel restrictive, but there is a really strong vortex vacuum, the blender is the first time I ever actually tried dabbing with a pearl, and it spins like a turbine so fast and smooth around, that's just the air slits in the central pillar, so yeah I guess it makes it good air flow, and so you can load the dab without removing the top marble cap, suppose to be great flavor with hot start dabbing... Cleaning is a bit more involved though?

Hope that helps a little!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I do not use a slurper or blender or any of the new styles... too fucking efficient and I would glob way too much/large for my inventory.

The benefit of all of them, in combination with the pearls, spinners, etc, is to simply spread your oil over as much hot quartz surface area as possible.

Top Bottom