• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Qaroma/Taroma/Ceroma by QaromaShop

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
What? Why?
I think that might be a really bad idea.
Bad as in oops, I killed the coil.

If you are considering filing the coil as your ceroma lid won't fully screw on I wouldn't as @Planck mentioned it may hurt the coil

If it won't screw all the way on it probably won't affect the function as usually they are pretty airtight down the airpath by there

But if it annoys you visually like it did me (with ceroma or taroma) try bending the coil in a bees dick - you can see where the coil goes from flat to round towards the handle

I found if you bend it in a little you can get the flat bit in line with the lid and screw it down on those last few threads
It's that round bit that makes it not flush

If that description made sense, I'm a tad stoneded

I had adjusted the coil to fit a little more snug on the the Ceroma. The Qaroma was compressing the coil a little before it was closed by quarter of a turn and i could not tweak the coil any tighter together. I am not recomending this course of impatient action, I will get another coil when they are in stock. What Planck and Felvapes say is very true. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS
BUT THE QAROMA IS SO SHINEY...... But, What Planck and Felvapes say is very true.
The outer sheath of the coil is is grounded, normaly filled with magnesium oxide and not in contact with the internal coil, which should have another layer of insulating material around it . What Planck and Felvapes say is doubly true.
DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS , unless you are confident using tools at engineering tolerances or foolish and enjoy risking electric shock, there are plenty enough volts and amps involved to do you harm ....... I have some experience with tools,electonics, pain and foolishness causing more pain.
In fact just DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS .What Planck and Felvapes say is sensibly true.
.....BUT ITS SO SHINEY .
So i polished it down a little rather than filing. I used an ice lolly stick with double sided sticky tape and 800 grit silicon carbide paper on it. Then up to 2000 grit ceramic paper .(Every workshop needs lolly sticks.) And made very sure i didnt go through it. I used an accurate vernier caliper to check how much i removed almost every stroke.
I normaly use my abrasive lolly sticks for fret work on guitars, so im used to removing very small amounts, and removed less than 0.2mm top and bottom at the very widest point.
It now fits perfectly to my liking. Cant get my torque wrench off it though, it appears to be jammed.......
Also, if i ruined it i have alternative options . I am more worried about the coil damging the Qaroma
However. It worked fine. This time. A lesson in what not to do. What Planck and Felvapes say is still true. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS.
If i went through the outer sheath, magnesium oxide is hygroscopic and it wrecks the coil.
If i had shorted the inner coil wire to the sheath it wrecks the coil.
If for some reason the outer sheath isnt grounded the coil wrecks me ! (it is grounded, i checked)
After i got over the abject terror of waiting for it to explode into tiny pieces while it heated up to condition for half an hour, the Qaroma tasted fantastic,
img_5103.webp

I definately made the right choice over the Taroma (apart from my destructive nature) and i think any other ball vape, at least for Me. love the pure Quartz air path. Having spent over a week waiting, i designed 2 prototypes to increase the power of the Qaroma a little, as people seem to feel the Taroma hits a little harder. Didnt need to bother, the Qaroma hits plenty hard. And tasty. The bowl seems to last a little longer than the Ceroma, be a while till i get another coil and can see side by side.
I may be biased...... i am glad i got it. The reason i could afford it....... the Ceroma is so efficient at extraction i used over 10% less Flowers since i got it.
All hail Convection .Fuck Combustion

felvapes

I can see your coil and the issue
It's as I mentioned, except my description was back to front (I was stoned, still am too)
If you had bent that coil outwards a little the flat part would line up
Either way, good you got it going mate
You can buy coils from elsewhere too, any coil will fit I found

Curious Gorilla

img_5098.webp
img_5101.webp
img_5100.webp

Bad picture, its taken after i sorted it. Heres some better ones...
Not all coils fit it too well, if its too high it wont fit, if its too short it could damage the glass where the coil shaft goes into the Quartz body. It is definately more delicate than the Ceroma. I wouldnt want to take the chance
Now mine fits i can wait till they are back in stock at Recomended Vapes. Only place in the UK stocks QaromaShop tech. I could use any coil for what i need now mines ok but a Qaroma shop one will fit the Qaroma and Ceroma well, so i can compare them.

Texus

Thanks for all these details. I have always suspected that my early Qaroma is underperforming due to not being able to get a good seal. I had such high hopes (pun intended) as a flavor chaser.

And keep peeking at Qaroma XL out of the corner of my eye...

Curious Gorilla

Thanks for all these details. I have always suspected that my early Qaroma is underperforming due to not being able to get a good seal. I had such high hopes (pun intended) as a flavor chaser.
Forgive me if you know this, only worked it out a little while ago When your injector and coil have been off for a few hours and are stone cold and UNPLUGGED, You can check the seal by closing the holes on the top of the injector with masking tape or your palm and (there is no other way i can think to say this) sucking hard on the 18mm joint end. (18mm wide joint? Sometimes that sounds good,but FuckCombustion. and i cant roll that well.) Same thing works for checking the seals on injector to adaptor to water piece to mouthpiece. It doesnt need to be perfect, but you dont want massive leakage.
My Qaroma leaks ever so slightly under high vacuum (and my Ceroma a tiny bit more so), but its so slight that with the holes open at the top in normal use, I doubt there is enough pressure to draw air though any other way. And the Qaroma is delicious.
I been using the short bowl at between 717f and 727f . will try a longer bowl later.
When i can compare the Ceroma and Qaroma side by side i will post any difference i notice, only one persons opinion though. I like them both.
Qaroma XL ???? That would give me the tolerance of a buddist monk and the appetite of King Kong.
I will hush now.........

Texus

Forgive me if you know this, only worked it out a little while ago When your injector and coil have been off for a few hours and are stone cold and UNPLUGGED, You can check the seal by closing the holes on the top of the injector with masking tape or your palm and (there is no other way i can think to say this) sucking hard on the 18mm joint end. (18mm wide joint? Sometimes that sounds good,but FuckCombustion. and i cant roll that well.) Same thing works for checking the seals on injector to adaptor to water piece to mouthpiece. It doesnt need to be perfect, but you dont want massive leakage.
My Qaroma leaks ever so slightly under high vacuum (and my Ceroma a tiny bit more so), but its so slight that with the holes open at the top in normal use, I doubt there is enough pressure to draw air though any other way. And the Qaroma is delicious.
I been using the short bowl at between 717f and 727f . will try a longer bowl later.
When i can compare the Ceroma and Qaroma side by side i will post any difference i notice, only one persons opinion though. I like them both.
Qaroma XL ???? That would give me the tolerance of a buddist monk and the appetite of King Kong.
I will hush now.........
Yeah. Thanks for these details and that advice. Just need to dig it out and work thru those steps.

felvapes

img_5098.webp
img_5101.webp
img_5100.webp

Bad picture, its taken after i sorted it. Heres some better ones...
Not all coils fit it too well, if its too high it wont fit, if its too short it could damage the glass where the coil shaft goes into the Quartz body. It is definately more delicate than the Ceroma. I wouldnt want to take the chance
Now mine fits i can wait till they are back in stock at Recomended Vapes. Only place in the UK stocks QaromaShop tech. I could use any coil for what i need now mines ok but a Qaroma shop one will fit the Qaroma and Ceroma well, so i can compare them.
Yea I can see like in the other pic
If the coil was positioned further towards the right - and then bent out towards the left a bees dick you would get it to the flat part and it would have worked without filing it

Either way, it's great you got a result for you

And I have have tried multiple coils, they all fit - there was one I had to do the bend though that was clockwise and one that was anti clockwise - even in the taroma any coil fits, the step doesn't do a lot

A correctly fitted coil snug to the post will bring amazing performance compared to a loose fitting
The qaroma would need more caution with this I've read as it has breakage possiblity (I dont have a qaroma though I did make my own 400-600 ruby and glass baller)
I use the draw through bottom while plug holes to test the airtight on all (good method you described)
Ceroma and taroma and tlite have been airtight even 3/4 screwed on for me

The tlite doesn't screw all the way down with a 5 wrap coil anyway as it is too short on the threads
But it is airtight (only 2 - 3 threads left)

Curious Gorilla

If you are considering filing the coil as your ceroma lid won't fully screw on I wouldn't as @Planck mentioned it may hurt the coil

If it won't screw all the way on it probably won't affect the function as usually they are pretty airtight down the airpath by there

But if it annoys you visually like it did me (with ceroma or taroma) try bending the coil in a bees dick - you can see where the coil goes from flat to round towards the handle

I found if you bend it in a little you can get the flat bit in line with the lid and screw it down on those last few threads
It's that round bit that makes it not flush

If that description made sense, I'm a tad stoneded
@felvapes
Pictures of bees dicks confused me.... and their balls explode! Which worried me even more... I still dont know what shape their cocks are.

Having read this in the cold light of not medicated yet day i realized if i had understood it i might have saved myself alot of time, And Qaroma obsession blinded me.

In my defense, i probably would have done it the same way anyhow, I have seen a slight change in resistance in another heater coil i messed with(small short on the inner resistive element coil ?) to fit it on a glass adaptor(only 200 balls in mine) , and although it wouldnt be by much it could alter something although still not 99% sure what, probably slight increase in P.I.D. pulse rate.
On the flat of the coil it would have been too low,although only by 0.3mm. (I removed 0.39mm) The coil has been tweaked before, its what caused my issue, and is already a little work hardened, so didnt want to risk having to tweak it any more to get it snug.
Generaly, Felvapes way IS better...
Ceroma and taroma and tlite have been airtight even 3/4 screwed on for me
Sorry for being an askhole, to quote a freind. Does that mean slight compresion on the coil helps seal the head/seat the screw threads better?
How does the Taroma lite compare to the Ceroma and Taroma?

felvapes

@felvapes
Pictures of bees dicks confused me.... and their balls explode! Which worried me even more... I still dont know what shape their cocks are.

Having read this in the cold light of not medicated yet day i realized if i had understood it i might have saved myself alot of time, And Qaroma obsession blinded me.

In my defense, i probably would have done it the same way anyhow, I have seen a slight change in resistance in another heater coil i messed with(small short on the inner resistive element coil ?) to fit it on a glass adaptor(only 200 balls in mine) , and although it wouldnt be by much it could alter something although still not 99% sure what, probably slight increase in P.I.D. pulse rate.
On the flat of the coil it would have been too low,although only by 0.3mm. (I removed 0.39mm) The coil has been tweaked before, its what caused my issue, and is already a little work hardened, so didnt want to risk having to tweak it any more to get it snug.
Generaly, Felvapes way IS better...

Sorry for being an askhole, to quote a freind. Does that mean slight compresion on the coil helps seal the head/seat the screw threads better?
How does the Taroma lite compare to the Ceroma and Taroma?
Possibly seats more but I don't know
When I said 3/4 it may be a little more but they were airtight before full lock
Glass would have larger threads though than the Ti
The Tlite tastes nice enough with extra balls, it hits nicely with a decent buzz and can 1 or 2 draws kill a bowl - but the fully enclosed head of the Taroma has the extra couch lock and longer between redosing is needed

Lol at bees and their exploding balls ..... Poor buggars

Ionlyknowvape

AN & 4wks of Hydroponic BudSwell (2 more weaks)
Re: Eddilw
One of the better shows I've yet seen. XLs look to be the nastiest. That hit looked so nice, it definately would last me til the next one. Time to consider one of the XLs.
Curious on how much flower weight you used in your clip?

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Finally got a Quaroma head from Ritual; fist of all lightning fast shipping, incredibly well packed (my oven was cocooned by 3” of packing material on all sides), and came with a personal note including some initial usage guidance. Would/will definitely buy from Ritual again, very happy with the experience.

Maiden voyage was fantastic, power like a ball vape, flavor like a Vapman. I know I’m in the honeymoon but this might be my endgame. I love it!

Ionlyknowvape

AN & 4wks of Hydroponic BudSwell (2 more weaks)
There is no end game for us Enthusiasts
Finally got a Quaroma head from Ritual; fist of all lightning fast shipping, incredibly well packed (my oven was cocooned by 3” of packing material on all sides), and came with a personal note including some initial usage guidance. Would/will definitely buy from Ritual again, very happy with the experience.

Maiden voyage was fantastic, power like a ball vape, flavor like a Vapman. I know I’m in the honeymoon but this might be my endgame.
Good fortune to ya, I found it’s all-around stoney cerebral effectiveness lasts a long time. I use one of the included screens for the exit path per 3mm media, wasn’t needed with 4mm.
Every time we turn the corner, there is no “endgame”, it’s the hobby lobby affect!

Sent from my iPad

goldfinger

For those interested, the Qaromashop website is now stocking a series of limited-edition brass items. I guess they hit hard as hell according to the proper seasoned users of these items. This includes brass heads modeled after the Taroma OG, the Taroma 2.0, and the Taroma XL, along with brass bowls modeled after the titanium bowls of various sizes.

Neat to see experiments happening with different materials in this universe.

Edit - wanted to clarify, evidently they hit harder than the Taromas.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

For those interested, the Qaromashop website is now stocking a series of limited-edition brass items. I guess they hit hard as hell according to the proper seasoned users of these items. This includes brass heads modeled after the Taroma OG, the Taroma 2.0, and the Taroma XL, along with brass bowls modeled after the titanium bowls of various sizes.

Neat to see experiments happening with different materials in this universe.
Those look awesome!

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Brass heads for PID coil? How hot do the coils run at?

Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc ( and small quantities of other things, sometimes including arsenic). When heated ( I don't know what temperature this occurs at) the zinc reacts with oxygen creating zinc oxide. We don't use brass in cookware for this reason.

monochord71

Brass heads for PID coil? How hot do the coils run at?

Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc ( and small quantities of other things, sometimes including arsenic). When heated ( I don't know what temperature this occurs at) the zinc reacts with oxygen creating zinc oxide. We don't use brass in cookware for this reason.

As per your link:

“Exposure usually arises through hot metalworking processes, such as smelting and casting of zinc alloys, welding of galvanized metals, brazing, or soldering.”

NOT an issue when used as intended.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Google brass cookware. As I said I don't know the temperatures involved in the head, or what temp the reaction starts occurring. You could be absolutely correct in your assumption that it's perfectly safe, but I'm not inhaling anything through heated brass personally and others should be aware that there could be a risk.

monochord71

Google brass cookware.
Not this again.

If you are concerned avout brass the answer is pretty obvious: just buy something else.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
And for every link you find that's days it's safe, there another that disputes that.

Don't worry, I won't be buying a brass vape, but others need to be able to make an informed decision themselves. I am not saying that the vape isn't safe, just that I wouldn't risk it personally. You do you bro, I'm good with that!

monochord71

This isn’t a brass cooking utensil.

Also, brass comes in a variety of alloys, some include lead for ease of use in plumbing applications.

Is not a plumbing fitting, either.

The first (Wikipedia) link you provided fully disproved your argument, I think I have already said everything that needed to said here.

monochord71,
  • Haha
Reactions: Cheebsy

goldfinger

I'm going to be real - the issue is that we don't really have a great understanding of the safety of any of these materials for these uses. It's all kinda garage science at this point.

Like, is there a publication that speaks to the stability of titanium at 500-700 degrees Fahrenheit, and the safety to inhale through it? Not really. I understand that titanium feels safer, but it's all kind of educated guesswork unless we're taking air samples out of the bottom of ball vapes, and we don't have that luxury currently.

That'd be a project to consider in the overall vape community - someone who can legitimately lab this stuff out to determine what is truly safe and what isn't. Until then, it's all a matter of personal assessment and best guesses.

Top Bottom