• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
@IAmKrazy2 @SSVUN~YAH

I shall start the build tomorrow! It's been too long. I'm finally somewhat settled into the new house. I'll try to post progress pics as I go. Wish me luck! It's a beautiful satinwood body.

25j82gg.jpg

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
@IAmKrazy2 @SSVUN~YAH

I shall start the build tomorrow! It's been too long. I'm finally somewhat settled into the new house. I'll try to post progress pics as I go. Wish me luck! It's a beautiful satinwood body.

25j82gg.jpg

Awesome MC79. I can't remember what type of wood it was for sure, but i am almost positive i was the only one who got it, and i believe it is the only Pandora Tom made without a logo on it. It was a special request, and although he said he couldn't do it at first, he surprised me with that beautiful no logo unit. You could check my posts in the Pandora thread and i likely said what it was there.... maybe Maple?

Edit. I don't believe it is Satinwood

Madcap79

Awesome MC79. I can't remember what type of wood it was for sure, but i am almost positive i was the only one who got it, and i believe it is the only Pandora Tom made without a logo on it. It was a special request, and although he said he couldn't do it at first, he surprised me with that beautiful no logo unit. You could check my posts in the Pandora thread and i likely said what it was there.... maybe Maple?

Edit. I don't believe it is Satinwood
Couldn't find it in the Pandora thread. Could it be silver maple? Looks similar to my HI.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Silver Maple sounds right. Let me check old emails for you too...

Edit. Found it in a 2010 email. @Madcap79

"Just turned a nice piece of figured maple yesterday. I've got to get it bored, but it will make a nice looking Pandora for you."

Direct quote from my email. I also found the email where i was told no logo was not an option. But he hooked it up anyway.

Last edited:

Madcap79

Silver Maple sounds right. Let me check old emails for you too...

Edit. Found it in a 2010 email. @Madcap79

"Just turned a nice piece of figured maple yesterday. I've got to get it bored, but it will make a nice looking Pandora for you."

Direct quote from my email. I also found the email where i was told no logo was not an option. But he hooked it up anyway.
Thank you sir!

Madcap79

Alright everyone, here we go. First up, the prep on the wooden body. Basically screwing in the power jack and installing a couple screws for the wiring. Nothing major. I didn't use wood glue as is suggested in the instructions. I wanted to be able to go back in and service the unit easier, if needed.

34zykq0.jpg

250jkh2.jpg

2ufxdhk.jpg

Madcap79

Alright. Here's the second round. I assembled it but did not close out the bottom. It seems to be running a little cool. I get little clouds when running with the stock wall wort. I'm not sure if having the bottom closed out would make a difference? I seems like it introduces more air through the holes where the wires go through. So I have been hitting it flat on a piece of the leather to try to minimize extra airflow. I must admit, I feel pretty damn good right now. So, obviously its working to a degree. My myrtle unit put out larger clouds and seemed to darken the herb more. Could be wood species as well? Hope this isn't overkill with the pictures. Anyway....

Here are the pieces to assemble the heat exchanger. Basically washers around a tube.

nf2yv9.jpg

Here is my stack up. I went with one extra 'dark fin' washer and one less regular washer.

35828ua.jpg

You then tap the flare with a hammer to flatten it out and this created tension on the cross bar to hold the washers in place.

2m82u6b.jpg

vosspw.jpg

You then solder extension wires on to the resistor. Go Blues!

244r43b.jpg

You then fold the longer wire back over the resitor and slide it into the tube. Bend the wires thusly.

yjotu.jpg

Then slide on the outer sleeve. Photos might be a little blurry. Still working on my photograph game.

2vvqnpc.jpg

Slide that into the body. Install the snap ring.

29ejih1.jpg

ff4ye0.jpg

Wrap the wires in a U shape around the screws and tighten. Then wrap them around the prongs for the power jack.
Solder those bad boys.

25aqcy8.jpg

11jokkn.jpg

And there you have it. Not too bad of a project. Still wondering about the cooler temp though. I'm trying it with my vvps shortly.

302lyrn.jpg

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Cool of you to do your build step by step and post pictures.. thanks man.

I didn't think about it in time or I would have sent you a few things before you started like an 18ohm resistor (with no solder in the air path), a center tube screen, etc. :cool:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Alright. Here's the second round. I assembled it but did not close out the bottom. It seems to be running a little cool. I get little clouds when running with the stock wall wort. I'm not sure if having the bottom closed out would make a difference? I seems like it introduces more air through the holes where the wires go through. So I have been hitting it flat on a piece of the leather to try to minimize extra airflow. I must admit, I feel pretty damn good right now. So, obviously its working to a degree. My myrtle unit put out larger clouds and seemed to darken the herb more. Could be wood species as well? Hope this isn't overkill with the pictures. Anyway....

Here are the pieces to assemble the heat exchanger. Basically washers around a tube.

nf2yv9.jpg

Here is my stack up. I went with one extra 'dark fin' washer and one less regular washer.

35828ua.jpg

You then tap the flare with a hammer to flatten it out and this created tension on the cross bar to hold the washers in place.

2m82u6b.jpg

vosspw.jpg

You then solder extension wires on to the resistor. Go Blues!

244r43b.jpg

You then fold the longer wire back over the resitor and slide it into the tube. Bend the wires thusly.

yjotu.jpg

Then slide on the outer sleeve. Photos might be a little blurry. Still working on my photograph game.

2vvqnpc.jpg

Slide that into the body. Install the snap ring.

29ejih1.jpg

ff4ye0.jpg

Wrap the wires in a U shape around the screws and tighten. Then wrap them around the prongs for the power jack.
Solder those bad boys.

25aqcy8.jpg

11jokkn.jpg

And there you have it. Not too bad of a project. Still wondering about the cooler temp though. I'm trying it with my vvps shortly.

302lyrn.jpg

Love the pictures.

I am 95% sure i know your minimal vape issue. All PD's I ever had need a break in period where it is heated for at least a month to fully dry, then your clouds will be bigger. i can almost guarantee this is your issue.

Also... little jealous i sold this little project away. so glad to see she made a nice home.

Madcap79

Love the pictures.

I am 95% sure i know you're issue. All PD's I ever had need a break in period where it is heated for at least a month to fully dry, then your clouds will be bigger. i can almost guarantee this is your issue.

Also... little jealous i sold this little project away. so glad to see she made a nice home.
I was thinking that as well but forgot to mention it in my write up. PD got me! Haha. You have no idea how happy it made me to get this little treasure. I've come to realize that I'm a log head and I'm not ashamed. :lol:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
she sure is a looker. i think i sanded her a little years ago but never applied any oil. Have you added anything to the finish yet? One of the best PD's I ever saw, and that was without a finish. She is one of a kind. Not a single other maple unit, or no logo/light unit i believe.

IAmKrazy2,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Madcap79

It looked a little sanded around the hole on top. I think you can see it in the pics. I haven't put anything on it yet. It's going to look even better after some buzz butter goes on it. Yeah, it's very unique. One of my proudest possessions along with the unit I got from @lwien . I'm not sure I could ever get rid of any of my logs. I have a problem....

Madcap79

So, after a good heal soaking over night in the stock wall wort, I loaded a stem that I had put a great screen into. I took a pull from my new PD and boom.....just like old times. I guess it did need a little heat saturation! Thanks again @IAmKrazy2 !

I'll have to post up a movie soon.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
If it's using the original stock PD wall-wart then it'll output (under a PD load) somewhere around 12.1v to 12.4v (typically) based on the input line voltage.

Also something to note is these original wall-warts were AC to AC (not AC to DC) voltage. 120v AC in to 12v AC out. As such they won't be compatible with most 12v(DC) accessories like dimmers, etc.

This is the original wall-wart in question:
https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/s...001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=10081

:2c::peace:

Top Bottom