Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

sethhobrin

Just got back from a business trip otherwise I would have posted sooner the following info.

My good friend has terminal cancer. He is not a pot smoker and never has been. I tried to get him to try it however his lungs could not handle the combusted material. I started doing research in to vaporizer and he agreed to try again. I bought an extreme vaporizer for myself and had him try it. He was able to handle vaporizer and herb made a dramatic improvement in his comfort. Unfortunately the extreme vaporizer was just too much for both myself and my friend. I ran across this thread here and did a lot of research and decided this was probably exactly what my buddy needed. Something small for solo constant use....

I contacted Tom and Pammy and I was floored by how kind, caring, and friendly they were. I won't go in to details but they were unbelieveably wonderful. Suffice it to say I was able to obtain a PD for my friend and his quality of life has increased dramatically.

I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to Pammy and Tom. I was about to contact you to obtain a 2nd PD for myself however it appears you are quite busy. I will keep an eye out and definately get on the waiting list as soon as you are caught up.

Thank you both.

PS, here is a little tip for everyone. I was trying to figure out a way to dry the ground herb quickly and efficiently. If you purchased the Billy bowl, grind up your weed in the bottom(enough to last a few days or whatever) Turn your PD upside down(heating element downward in to the bowl) and it fits directly in to the billy bowl above the herb. The heat that it generates dries out the herb perfectly. I would suggest an hour at a time until you are happy with the dryness.

sethhobrin,

Beezleb

Recently I assisted a person in the same condition as your friend. They settled on a Purple Days mostly in part due to the efficiency of using a small amount and that is was not complicated or cumbersome to use and the price. Their choice came down to the Purple Days versus a refurbished warez 3g and the ease of the PD was the winning factor.

In my opinion, the purple days is the best direct draw vaporizer for most medical users.

Beezleb,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
PS, here is a little tip for everyone. I was trying to figure out a way to dry the ground herb quickly and efficiently. If you purchased the Billy bowl, grind up your weed in the bottom(enough to last a few days or whatever) Turn your PD upside down(heating element downward in to the bowl) and it fits directly in to the billy bowl above the herb. The heat that it generates dries out the herb perfectly. I would suggest an hour at a time until you are happy with the dryness.
Great idea!!!! I'm gonna give that a shot later... I hate leaving my TV on when I'm not watching it to try out my buds. :lol:

SpiralArchitect,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
Tom and Pammy are ridiculously supportive of med users. Cheers to you for improving your friend's quality of life.

:peace:

KeepCalm,

sethhobrin

KeepCalm said:
Tom and Pammy are ridiculously supportive of med users. Cheers to you for improving your friend's quality of life.

Understatement of the century.

Tom and Pammy, I'm going to be watching here daily so I can get on the list to get one of my own! However I think you should take some vacation. You've been workin' too hard!

sethhobrin,

Purple-Days

Some days it pays to get up and work hard. Making one for your friend, was one of those days, sethhobrin. Reading your post just made another. :)

We are back to accepting orders, but the lead time is going to be estimated at 7-10 biz days between ordering and shipping. Always working to get stuff out quicker, but you know the story.

Purple-Days,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Hand made vaporizers to order....who could have a problem with that. it sounds so :cool:

thanks for the tip on the ;pd;+billy bowl...shit really works well

Hennessy1414,

redabob

bobader
you said it hennessey, 'Hand made' beauty is all I can think off whenever I hold up my PD. even with the 7 days lead time, getting it is worth all the wait for the new owners, I'll surely bet on this.

redabob,

sethhobrin

Hennessy1414 said:
Hand made vaporizers to order....who could have a problem with that. it sounds so :cool:

thanks for the tip on the ;pd;+billy bowl...shit really works well

Thanks! You other folks should try my billy bowl tip for drying your herb. Let me know how it works for you.

sethhobrin,

Frickr

i tried searching for this but i couldnt find it, has anyone tried using a small solar panel to heat the pd up? heres the solar panel i found that i think would work with the PD http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200329429_200329429 be easier to carry then a battery pack, may not be as moble as you would have to sit and wait for it to warm up, but isnt that just like forplay ;)
when you get to your camp spot, picknick or whathave you, just open your panel up and plug the pd in, wait a half hour and enjoy.

Frickr,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
13w but how many amps?

what would be ideal is a solar panel with some capacitors to store energy, say enough for the pd to run 5-10 minutes just as a buffer and replenish the energy just a little faster than the pd uses it

but im not sure solar power would be the best option for protability with current technology, i may be wrong, but it seems that a solar panel with enough capacity to run a pd would be rather cumbersome to carry

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Frickr

my knowledge of solar panels is not great at all. i just was wondering if something like this would work. i plan on taking a trip up to the mountains this summer and just spend a week on top of a mountain just relaxing, so one of these units might be kind of a ncie complement to the vape.

edit ohms law says that amps = watts/volts. so 13 watts / 12 volts = 1.08 amps. so i think that this pannel might work. since the power supply is 12 volt 1 amp right?

Frickr,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i would stil have a buffer and regulator, maybe get one of those solar panels that plugs into a cars lighter socket to recharge the battery, and then run the pd off the car battery

mind you everybody's idea of camping is diffeent, i like to go to campground with a car and supplies and set up a tent, so thats the kind of camping that im speaking of

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Frickr

after searching a little more i came across this, which i think would be a better fit. since it is a solar panel and a battery pack all in one. then you can vape all hours of the day. 10 amp hour battery should last a while concidering how much power the pd uses, combine that with a 5 watt solar charger, you could just set it out in the sun for a few ours and have it charged back up and ready to go.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...00000003142050&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=9713714

Frickr,

redabob

bobader
That would really be awsome to be honest, solar powered PD. But a portable battery pack I believe is the way to go. I believe that as long as you can provide the power needs for it, regulated (12v 1amp), things will turn out fine?

redabob,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Reason No. 386 I love my PD: it's always on, awaiting my return. So I got home just now--when I walked in the door it was 4:18. I took off my shoes, shuffled through the kitchen, walked downstairs and grabbed a PD stem...sucked up a full bowl of pre-ground that was sitting, perfectly air dried, in my EZ stash box and I was hitting my PD by 4:20. Absolutely perfect :luv:

partially veiled,

JohnnyVape

Vape wannabee, again
:) Alright Tom, bit of a mad random question but was "The Goonies" filmed around your way ?

JohnnyVape,

cannabananabis

Well, I've had mine for a week now, so I think it's time I wrote a review.

Let me start off saying this - I'm new to vaporizing. Not long after I first started, my brother had a friend's volcano for a few months, but other than that and a few homemade lightbulb ones (didn't work well for me) I have no vapor experience. I used to smoke every day. I'd smoke more than once a day a lot too, but had to restrain myself a lot due to how much it costs.

So I researched vaporziers for a bit, and like most people in this thread came upon the PD and happened to like nearly everything about it. Nonetheless, I was a bit nervous - the only reviews of this were from forums, and although it's cheaper than a lot of vaporizers, it's still a decent amount of money to throw down.

Anyway, I ordered mine Monday the week before last, cherrywood with a redwood billy bowl. The next weekend (MLK weekend) I was told that my unit was in hot testing, and that it would be sent out on Monday. I made a post mentioning this, and I guess either Tom or Pam remembered the holiday when they saw it because I got a message from FC by e-mail explaining this and that it would be shipped out Tuesday instead. On Wednesday, I'd still received no order confirmation so I e-mailed Pam inquiring about this. She responded apologizing for this, promising to send it out the next morning with something extra for my trouble. Sure enough, the next morning she e-mailed me again confirming it had been sent, and two days later (Saturday) my order arrived, other than the billy bowl which will be shipped separately when their friend has made some more, and I was happy to find an extra copper cup and a small metal tin which I now keep my vaporized herb in.

So, excited as I was, I had to try it out right away. Hitting it, I now realize, involves some technique - breathing it in very slowly with your lungs works best I've found, and packing it is a factor too. Still, the hits I got off it were pretty substantial, and I was getting 5 or so off one bowl. After a couple bowls, I noticed I was pretty high. I was watching TV so I kind of lost track of time, but in the course of an hour or so I must've vaped 5 or 6 bowls. I only realized I was high when I'd been staring at the wall thinking for about 10 minutes. My brother and his roommate experienced it too for the first time just last night, and we're in unanimous agreement: this thing is amazing.

Here are some of the things I love most:

Efficiency. Since I first started smoking, this has been probably my biggest desire, and I sure as hell get it from my PD. Despite packing ~.03g bowls and getting ripped, I love rolling the occasional J / blunt of vaped stuff. Despite using such miniscule amounts, I'm usually able to get at least 4 or 5 good clouds off one bowl too. The other night, I bought bomb headies for the first time in a while, not to say some of the best I've ever seen even - I got between 11-13 huge, juicy hits off the first bowl I packed (probably around .04) and plenty off every one after that.

Aesthetics. It looks great, the wood is really beautiful especially in sunlight, and it feels fantastic in your hand.

Simplicity. I love leaving it on all the time, I love how there's no on/off button, and I love how there's no temperature setting. I thought the tubes would be hard to use with people, but the other night 3 of us, each had a tube, and we just kept packing as we wanted just passing the PD around. The air is a little hot, but if you keep your lips and tongue away from the hole itself it's nothing to worry about.

Vapor itself. I didn't think smoking affected me that much, although I had noticed a cough that I'd had for months. Still, I wasn't expecting the change I got - my lungs feel much clearer, my throat less sore, and there's never any gross taste in my mouth when vaping.

Here's my bottom line: I've cut down from 7+ grams a week to less than half that, maybe 2-3 grams a week (less if headies), my lungs feel better than ever, and I'm getting as high as I want pretty much whenever I want. Worth the $150? Hell yes. All the things it comes with too, and the great customer service - I can't stress enough how much everyone who smokes/vapes a lot needs to get one of these. My brother and his roommate, heavier smokers than me, seemed pretty much convinced after last night, and I think anyone in a similar situation who tries one will feel the same.

Tom and Pam,

Thank you :cheers:

cannabananabis,

Purple-Days

You are welcome, cannabananabis. Glad you are enjoying. Sorry about the slip up on shipping, once in a while . . . :/

No Johnny, that's Astoria. Funny, I always thought it was filmed in Maine, till we looked Goonies up on Wikipedia. We went through Astoria some years ago, nice bridge, cool old Victorian style buildings.

Purple-Days,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I find it interesting that when this forum started we had a lot of talk about an all-glass air path for our vaporizers. This was the holy grail, it seemed. Now, what seems to be the most popular vaporizer here is one that doesn't have one piece of glass in it!

Well done, Tom! Maybe we should start a fuckglass forum?

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
cannabananabis said:
So I researched vaporziers for a bit, and like most people in this thread came upon the PD and happened to like nearly everything about it. Nonetheless, I was a bit nervous - the only reviews of this were from forums, and although it's cheaper than a lot of vaporizers, it's still a decent amount of money to throw down.
Glad you're now a happy PD owner canna. Not really a surprise though. :lol:

As for reviews, beware of vape reviews that AREN'T on forums. There are no unbiased review review sites to speak of, and forum reviews are done by people who bought or at least used the vape, and have no 'sales' agenda.

I can't stress enough how much everyone who smokes/vapes a lot needs to get one of these. My brother and his roommate, heavier smokers than me, seemed pretty much convinced after last night, and I think anyone in a similar situation who tries one will feel the same.
Looks like another excellent quote for your testimonials page Tom.

max,

Frickr

As for reviews, beware of vape reviews that AREN'T on forums. There are no unbiased review review sites to speak of, and forum reviews are done by people who bought or at least used the vape, and have no 'sales' agenda.
I'd be willing to lend my self to testing every unit out there, im gonna need some help getting the units and some help having enough herb to do an adequit test!:D just borrow the vapes to me, and get the herb, and i'd test the hell out of them, and give an unbias review on them. :lol:

Frickr,

eLiguL

I noticed that the Figured Walnut is no longer on the exotics page, did it not make the cut after testing?

eLiguL,
Top Bottom