Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
Smoking through one of my bongs is like BBQing a piece of nasty meat in the bowl and inhaling all the smoke.

I'd still hit a J tho.

KeepCalm,

max

Out to lunch
Has anyone had any luck with portable power supplies? I know someone earlier in the thread had tried a battery pack from a different vape that had a very limited charge.
What's your idea of "very limited"? If you need to use a BP from a cold start and keep it going for hours, that'll be a hefty battery. The Vapolution BP is good for 90 min. or so, maybe even the 2 hours they advertise, if it's new. I found it quite satisfactory, although ideally you should replace the connectors with the slightly smaller size that Tom uses. This BP is small enough to put both PD and BP in a jacket pocket. A larger BP that would give you more time, would also greatly decrease the portability as far as carry around use.

max,

WavyGravy

can those who have received one from vapenow enlighten me to the conspicuousness of the box that the PD is shipped in?

WavyGravy,

max

Out to lunch
Last I heard you get the same box that Tom and Pam ship out. Plain vanilla packaging.

max,

cannabananabis

Mine was wrapped in brown paper and really taped up, with a white card or something with the shipping info on it I think, it's totally inconspicuous if you're shipping it to a place where people might see your mail.

I was wondering though, if someone could tell me how well the PD retains heat. If it's unplugged for a bit, then plugged in again - from house to car, for example - how long would it need to heat back up?

cannabananabis,

ballin1

Well...its day 5 since the PD was shipped from Oregon en route to Los Angeles. No pd. Stupid usps. Even the rep that I talked to today said this was highly irregular but said they couldn't document this and start looking for it until day 6. I'm seriously starting to think someone made off with it.

This is really lame. All weekend without the pd. And now, I think i'm gonna run out of herb before this thing arrives!

Everyone else who ordered recently got theirs?

ballin1,

ILoveRadiohead!

cannabananabis said:
I was wondering though, if someone could tell me how well the PD retains heat. If it's unplugged for a bit, then plugged in again - from house to car, for example - how long would it need to heat back up?
I find that there is probably 5-6 minutes of operational time after the PD is unplugged for adequate vaporization. About enough time to finish off a freshly loaded stem if you are taking big draws.

After that 5-6 min period has elapsed I usually just let the unit heat up for as long of time that it has been unplugged. It may heat up to optimal temperature a bit faster than that, especially if you are using running car voltage, but I follow my own "time unplugged = warm up time" rule just to be on the safe side.

ILoveRadiohead!,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I'm sure it will arrive within a few days. :) Until then, just take a T-break if your running long on herbs, trust me, it will be sooooo worth it having something to vape once it arrives.

SpiralArchitect,

Purple-Days

Too bad you didn't get for the weekend, but to make things clear we send our stuff Priority with delivery confirmation,

That means the number we give showed it in Eugene on Tuesday evening and it shows as being in your part of the world this morning.

Priority 2-3 day according to the Postal Service is an estimate, but they don't give you a free pizza if it takes a little longer.

Your item arrived at 8:44 AM on January 26, 2009 in ...

That's the nice thing about tracking, both of us have known it was on the way, just wasn't up to normal Postal Standards for time.

Purple-Days,

Beezleb

:)

Sorry Vtac, didnt mean to upset you with just the smiley face. I was just trying to show support for Ballin for him being happy about getting their PD. My bad.

Beezleb,

ballin1

Hey Tom or anyone else...had a couple of quick questions now that I'm looking at my pd.

Shape: Am I remembering right that there used to be a PD shape that was more tapered toward the top? I thought I read that somewhere. I ask because mine isn't the same straight cylinder shape as the one's posted in the thread. It sorta tapers (gets narrower) up at the top. Just curious...

Scuffs: I don't know much about woodworking, but does the natural grain of the cherry wood contain scuffs? Like its not totally smooth? I don't know if this is just part of the wood or a natural byproduct of woodworking...

The above are minor points really. I'm more into the guts of the piece anyways. I'll post my first ever vaping experience real soon!

ballin1,

Purple-Days

These are turned on a Jet mini-lathe,
and I shape them by eye. They are not made on a duplicating lathe or CNC machine. No two will ever be identical. ;)

Purple-Days,

ballin1

Purple-Days said:
These are turned on a Jet mini-lathe,
and I shape them by eye. They are not made on a duplicating lathe or CNC machine. No two will ever be identical. ;)
Nice!! You should start putting serial numbers on them! I'm only half-kidding about this.:)

ballin1,

ballin1

Yo! So I just vinished my first bowl with my pd. I'd really love to write more, but I have to save for it later because I'm unbelievably baked right now. Unfreaking believable. I'll write more later.

ballin1,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
Shape: Am I remembering right that there used to be a PD shape that was more tapered toward the top? I thought I read that somewhere. I ask because mine isn't the same straight cylinder shape as the one's posted in the thread. It sorta tapers (gets narrower) up at the top. Just curious...
yes i have a unit that is noticably tapered too, but i chose it over a more "stock unit", as i emailed tom beforehand and he sent me some pics to choose from, i think it makes my unit just that much more special, i like the aesthetic and i might be going out on a limb, as ive only tried one unit, but i like the ergonomics of the tapered top too

Acolyte of Zinglon,

ballin1

yeah..its really grown on me. Its turning this really darker color right before my eyes. It looks awesome. And I do like the tapered shape better...kinda seems to have personality to it. And the ergonomics are a big plus for me. I think the shape works really well with the weight of the pd. Just a beautiful piece of work.

Great work, Tom and Pammy.

ballin1,

ballin1

Hey all. So yesterday was my first night vaping as well as the first night I used the pd. Here are my impressions....

I get the package. My first thought is that its really small. I had seen pictures of it and I know its the size of a soda can, but I was still surprised by how small it was. The weight was nice and evenly distributed with a tad more at the top. The result was that when I picked it up, it felt very balanced in my hand. Really comfortable. The packaging was, of course, very meticulous.

I took it home and plugged it in. As it was sitting there getting warm, I noticed that the cherry wood was very light. Didn't like this at first. There was a flatness to the look, I guess. Took out the buzz butter and starting lathering her up. The pd felt great in my hands. Not awkward feeling at all. After the rubdown, I let her sit some more. Come back after it had been sitting for an hour and I swear, the color of the pd was darker. And after the rubdown, the wood felt soft and smooth to the touch. And it smelled great. I hadn't even taken a hit yet, but the pd was changing right in front of my eyes. It looked absolutely great!

I had set out my herb a few days ago to dry. I started crumbling away. I stopped 5 minutes into it, washed my sticky fingers, and ordered a grinder from ebay. There is no way I can grind with my fingers. My mind was going crazy knowing all the goodies were being washed away from my fingers.

Took one of the tubes and used the straw method. A picture is worth a thousand words, so the vids by spiral and others really had me feeling comfortable about using the pd. I made sure I packed it light, but I was laughing at how small the bowl was. To anyone who hasn't used a pd yet, you have no idea how small the bowl is. I reckon the circumference is smaller than that of cigarette.

Took my first slow drag. It felt immediately like taking a drag from a joint. Incredibly comfortable. I could feel the warm air being taken in, which allowed me to regulate how slowly I would inhale. No question I could feel the warm vapor going into my lungs. Sometimes, I would do a quick puff and see vapor coming out of my mouth. Just great!

The high I got from that tiny little bowl was incredible. I was really surprised. Exactly as has been said, the first huge hit is incredibly flavorful. The 2nd is fine, the 3rd you finish it off. A tap to the pd cleaned out the crumbs, and that was that. I set the pd down and looked at it. Beautiful! 2hrs later, took another quick hit with the same routine. Awesome.

Folks, this was exactly what I was looking for. It looks and feels great. Its small. Its efficient. Its unique. And its incredibly simple to use. If you've smoked a joint before, using the pd will be second-nature, at least it was for me. I could totally see using this with a group of like 2 or 3 other people. Just give each of them a tube, put some grinds in the middle, and pass the pd around. Its great!

Thanks to everyone. Its a great feeling when you know the first choice you made was the right choice. This pd fits me and my style perfectly.

ballin1,

jeg05

I think i would like to order a PD this week, if i ordered it tonight or tomorrow would it arrive by friday or saturday?

jeg05,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
^ *checks his crystal ball*

@ ballin1, nice write up, glad you're enjoying it. Great intro to vapor that's for sure. :brow:

vtac,

jeg05

"Purple-Days" when in feb do u think the cherry wood will be ready? and by the way the new woods look nice.

jeg05,

jeg05

sorry for turning this link into a conversation instead of a place for information.

modnote: again, please use the edit feature instead of back to back posts. all of your questions have been addressed in the last few pages of this thread.

jeg05,

ballin1

Jeg, its a crapshoot in terms of delivery time. Tom and Pammy send it out Priority Mail with a tracking number, which the USPS says is a 2-3 day delivery time. There are a bunch of people here that live on the east coast that got theirs within that timeframe. I'm in Los Angeles and it took 5 days. Go figure.

ballin1,
Top Bottom