Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Purple-Days

Orders get in line. Making each as it came in would be rather wasteful. Some days I do metal, some days wood, some plastic. Economy of effort. While these things are made in a near individual basis, some ops, like making heat exchangers or turning bodies, are best done in bulk.

So, our current answer is 7-10 biz days to complete a unit and send it out Priority Mail. Sometimes it will be quicker, depending on what part of the operations I am at. Hope folks understand, it's just me and Pammy and a third shift is outta the question.:)

Purple-Days,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Some pics of my Vegan Cherry :p

vegancherry1rp9.jpg

vegancherry2ww5.jpg

I won't write a review, pretty much everything has been said before (and it's all true!). However, here's a pic comparing the duff from the PD (left) and my Herbalaire (right). I thought it would make a worthwhile comparison because the Herbalaire is supposedly the most efficient vape on the market.

The duff from the Herbalaire has a lighter, more "dessicated" look, whereas the PD duff is darker with a hint of green. I tend to vape at slightly lower temps with the Herbalaire (175 - 185C) which would explain some of the difference. For me however, the PD is a more practical choice ;)

hazy,

CapnVape

That's a beauty you've got there Hazy. The vegan units look pretty sweet. Hmmmmmmm.... maybe one more ;).

CapnVape,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Apparently I got the last one. I actually wish it wasn't true :( I think they're much nicer than the standard model.

hazy,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Luckily enough I had a 12V 1A power supply lying around. It's a bit of a brick, about 10 years old. I've also ordered a cheapie off ebay so I'll have a spare. "To be sure, to be sure"

hazy,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
when i tried using another power adapter with the same power output, the unit didnt get quite as hot and the vapor wast as thick as with the original adapter

make sure the adapters are ul listed and reglated power supply

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Sibes Rule!

Hello everyone! I?m returning to the vapor community after dabbling briefly back in?98. I believe the vape I had was called a Vaprotron 2, or something like that. It was a dome vape with a hot plate and adjustable heat. I never really got the hang of it and completely gave up on it after a few months.

Lately, my lungs have been feeling like crap so I started looking into vaporizing again. Of course, the Volcano immediately grabs your attention when you first start researching on the net. My iffy past experience with vapes made the big investment seem pretty risky. Subsequent research led me here and to purchasing my PD from Vapenow on New Years Eve (big props to Vapenow for customer service ? they shipped the same day I ordered!). I have the newer style unit in good old cherry wood.

Thanks to the tips in this thread, I got up to speed pretty quick with my little wooden friend. Right after using it I called all of my flesh and blood friends and told them to buy one immediately. Unfortunately, I haven?t had the chance to introduce any of them to my new buddy face to face so they have yet to see the light. However, I am a complete convert! Thank you to Tom and Pammy for providing an incredible product for a reasonable price. Your pride in your work is extremely evident through the way you guys run your business and the how you interact with your customers.

Here are some impressions after three weeks of usage:

-I have actually increased my usage since using the PD. However, I was a one hitter enthusiast for the past several years, so my usage was already pretty economical. Due to the stealth, taste, ease of use, and enjoyment of using a PD, I hit it much more frequently!

-I am strictly a schwag (sp?) smoker. I don?t have easy access to anything else where I live. Some have stated that it requires higher quality stuff to be effective. I 100% disagree! It pretty much follows the rules of herb quality for any mode of consumption. I find the effects to be potent, but cleaner and more easy to function publicly. I do make sure to follow all of the guidelines previously posted for herb preparation (finely ground and dry).

-Frequent use of the standard tubes causes me some serious throat irritation. I cannibalized my old vape for it?s plastic tubing and rigged it up to a standard tube with the help of a straw and some tape. Viola! Problem solved! I now plan to order some tubing from silversurfervap.com (thanks for the tip Max!). After reviewing some of the posts, I?m also going to try and slow down my draws. I do enjoy the ?milking? style, which I would compare to lighting a good cigar (puff, spin the tube a little, puff, etc?.). I am still a newbie, so I look forward to perfecting my technique!

-Stealth wise, there is absolutely nothing better! Smell is very minimal and quickly disperses. I can vape with someone in another room twenty feet away and they have no idea. There is a very short hallway between the rooms, but no closed doors.

-After one week of strictly vaping, I tried hitting my old 8? glass bong. I just about threw up! It tasted like butane and charcoal! I also tried my one hitter and had the same result. Is anyone else experiencing this? It kind of sucks cuz I like to hike and backpack and I can?t take my PD with me. :mad:

Anyway, those are just a few of my observations on the PD. I pretty much share all of the other positive views already posted on this thread. Believe the hype! Purple Days rules!

Sibes Rule!,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Hey Sib Rules,

I'm a fan of Siberian husky's myself. :D

-After one week of strictly vaping, I tried hitting my old 8? glass bong. I just about threw up! It tasted like butane and charcoal! I also tried my one hitter and had the same result. Is anyone else experiencing this? It kind of sucks cuz I like to hike and backpack and I can?t take my PD with me. mad
Yeah, other vaporists and I have all realized that once you vape for the majority of your use, it's hard to go back to enjoying, let alone tolerating smoking... Time to look into a portable vape. ;)

SpiralArchitect,

Beezleb

Pick up a lighter based vape for hiking and the like. The I-inhale if you got the money would be an ideal choice.

Beezleb,

ballin1

Dude, I'm so pissed. US postal service sucks! Tom and Pammy sent my pd out Tuesday by 2-3 day priority mail. I'm in Los Angeles. Its saturday and it hasn't been scanned in as coming into L.A. yet! I wanted it so bad for this weekend! Anyone have any delays in getting the pd? Tom and Pammy have been great, but the postal service is terrible!

ballin1,

ballin1

If it takes 7 days to get from Oregon to California, my head is going to explode from rage.

ballin1,

cannabananabis

ballin1 said:
Dude, I'm so pissed. US postal service sucks! Tom and Pammy sent my pd out Tuesday by 2-3 day priority mail. I'm in Los Angeles. Its saturday and it hasn't been scanned in as coming into L.A. yet! I wanted it so bad for this weekend! Anyone have any delays in getting the pd? Tom and Pammy have been great, but the postal service is terrible!
Actually, I just received mine today. I was very happy but a little surprised - they sent mine out Thursday morning, shipping it from Oregon to New York took only 2 days for me. I'll have to use it more before judging it better, but I'm loving how much I'm getting out of so little already.

Good luck with your orders guys

cannabananabis,

max

Out to lunch
Sibes Rule! said:
Subsequent research led me here and to purchasing my PD from Vapenow on New Years Eve
Welcome to the forum and PD ownership. :wave: Hope you get a friend or two to join the club. Dues are payable the first Monday of every week :goon:

Some have stated that it requires higher quality stuff to be effective.
Those comments were more about the tiny bowl and the number of times you have to reload.

Frequent use of the standard tubes causes me some serious throat irritation.
Definitely a problem.

I?m also going to try and slow down my draws.
Maybe the answer to your problem. Experiment away. My wife likes the tubing.

ballin1 said:
If it takes 7 days to get from Oregon to California, my head is going to explode from rage.
Don't worry ballin. Your mail carrier is probably just testing it out for you this weekend. ;)

max,

HoneyAir

Sibes Rule! said:
-After one week of strictly vaping, I tried hitting my old 8? glass bong. I just about threw up! It tasted like butane and charcoal! I also tried my one hitter and had the same result. Is anyone else experiencing this? It kind of sucks cuz I like to hike and backpack and I can?t take my PD with me. :mad:
When my friend offered me a few hits from his pipe after I had been vaporizing for the first time...

The draw was fine, I didn't notice anything too weird.... its when I exhaled that I was SHOCKED, as I thought that a piece of rubber or some cat hair had landed in my bowl and been smoked.

When I got the bowl back, I eyed it very carefully... seemed OK... tried again... UGH.

I had to test with my own pipe later to confirm it...

Yes, vapor is wonderful... too wonderful!

Since then, I have been able to tolerate smoking again, it becomes an acquired taste, just like drinking beer/alcohol for the first time... but I don't smoke if I can avoid it. In fact, have been thinking I should just say "NO" everytime and not just go along for the social aspect.

You might want to look into investing in a portable... others are doing just fine with a car adapter, but I presume that depends on where you live/how the cops in the area are.

HoneyAir,

sethhobrin

HoneyAir said:
Sibes Rule! said:
When my friend offered me a few hits from his pipe after I had been vaporizing for the first time...

The draw was fine, I didn't notice anything too weird.... its when I exhaled that I was SHOCKED, as I thought that a piece of rubber or some cat hair had landed in my bowl and been smoked.

When I got the bowl back, I eyed it very carefully... seemed OK... tried again... UGH.

I had to test with my own pipe later to confirm it...

Yes, vapor is wonderful... too wonderful!

Since then, I have been able to tolerate smoking again, it becomes an acquired taste, just like drinking beer/alcohol for the first time... but I don't smoke if I can avoid it. In fact, have been thinking I should just say "NO" everytime and not just go along for the social aspect.

You might want to look into investing in a portable... others are doing just fine with a car adapter, but I presume that depends on where you live/how the cops in the area are.
I can attest to this. I hit my glass piece after a week of vaping and I could not believe how disgusted I was. Something I have loved a week prior was making me gag.

sethhobrin,

Sibes Rule!

It's strange how quickly the aversion sets in. I've also noticed that the bad taste doesn't really go away until I vape again.

Well, I guess I'm going to have to start researching portables. Unfortunately, it seems that none of the portables are near the quality of the PD. :( Has anyone had any luck with portable power supplies? I know someone earlier in the thread had tried a battery pack from a different vape that had a very limited charge. Has anything else proven useful?

Curse you Tom and Pam for spoiling me with your awesomeness! ;)

Sibes Rule!,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i havent noticed any of the aversion, ill smoke with my friends and it doesnt bother me one bit, at home its all vaping though
but every time i go over to my friends they ask me to bring my vape, and once its warm not much else gets used :lol:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Ven

Praying Mantis
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
i havent noticed any of the aversion, ill smoke with my friends and it doesnt bother me one bit, at home its all vaping though
but every time i go over to my friends they ask me to bring my vape, and once its warm not much else gets used :lol:
Same, especially if I'm ever with people who quote 'Enjoy the burn in your lungs, vapor is for bitches' :|. I don't like to get into an hour conversation about the benefits of vaping, especially when I don't own a portable and they pull out a joint.

Ven,
Top Bottom