Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Nycdeisel

Well it was inspired by a PD picture :p

Im waiting to see another wacky one of yours, jeff

Nycdeisel,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
jeffp said:
now.. check this out - around 1966 or 1967 i lived in long island and one of our neighbors, a woodworker, built a skateboard from a plank and roller skate wheels and gave it to me.
the guy told me it was "a skateboard." that he was fooling around and put this together and wanted me to have it.
do you have any knowledge of who invented the skateboard and when?

Well it is not really known who invented the first skateboard, but it originated in California in the 1950's. Basically it was surfers who thought "why not surf the streets?". So they built the first kind which were just like yours, roller skate wheels attached to a piece of wood. :p

Nycdeisel said:
longboarding really is more mellow, and longboarders are not often punks like street skating kids are, the attitude is much different but youre right to see that its all about having fun :)

I guess I would be a street skater, and I do see what you are saying, but in very small amounts. We all know how a few can ruin something for many though. ;) I think that generalization is really hurtful to skateboardings image, and leads people to assume were all punks. Which can easily hurt long boarders too. I really only see that in young kids. Who generally are little punks. But I know many respectful mature skaters, as myself.
Really does remind me a little of the negative views on cannabis users. Its funny how some things relate, at least I get dirty looks for skating, not thrown in jail! :2c:
Btw, Sweet looking graphics on that! :cool:

Ripbongs420,

Nycdeisel

I also get those dirty looks.

And I honestly didnt mean it like that, thats why I tried to choose my wording carefully, but I guess that wasnt careful enough.

What I really meant was that yes, those punks are usually very young people or children, no offense meant to you at all, I can see that is a skateboard, and longboarding is part of skateboarding, but its also very different. Up until recently it was VIEWED more as a childs activity, not an actual sport which it is now recognized as. There are still many that are ignorant towards skating and its culture, though. Like people will with cannabis, the mass is now becoming more educated. I would be interested to know what you think about the recent passing of certain laws in Laguna, California, but I know I shouldnt derail here.

I wont talk further about it, anyone interested can use that little email button under my post count

Nycdeisel,

Milk

Mike
In the spirit of summer, some of you might now the song. My wife's idea so she gets the credit :lol:

oi6vif.jpg

It was an itsy, bitsy, teenie, weenie, yellow polka-dot bikini
That she wore for the first time today..

Milk,

alexwallis

Hey all,
I just thought I would check in and say I have my PD back on as of yesterday, as got my shipment, which is actually very good going considering it normally takes between five days and a week to turn up, and yet the postal strike ended last Tuesday,
and I got my package yesterday, so that makes it about four days.
But then perhaps it was already part way across Canada when the strike started, so either way I am happy.

I am also posting to ask, Tom, did Pammy get my e mail? I was asking about cool caps, and a few other things.
I sent the message last night my time, and I know its been less than 24 hours, but the last e mail I sent never turned up so thought I would ask on the forum.
I know how busy you both are so its fine if you take time to respond I just wanted to check if you got it.

alexwallis,

Purple-Days

Dew on the flowers. The judge should like that one. . . Gotta get me some sandals, but not for the workshop... Pammy enjoyed the Bikini shot too.

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

I think I first saw a skateboard, early '60, steel wheels, but it did have a sort of rubber pivot (truck?). My early mentor about 5 years ahead of me had everything (it seemed to me). He even skipped school and sneaked into the Beatles concert. Caught hell from his Dad, but yeah a story to tell. ;) No wonder I turned out a bit rebel growing up. :lol: Oh, and I have officially 'owned' a skateboard, pre Tony Hawk era (maybe?)... urethane wheels. ;) Enjoyed the vid NYC.

Purple-Days,

alexwallis

Hey all, I am just at the right place now nicely chilled.
A question just occured to me, do any of you vape several strains at the same time in the PD? and if so, with what results?
I wonder if combining strains could make for a bettter high.
I am nicely vaked, so I could be talking rubbish hear.
I just vaped mixed together, watermelon sativa, and blubury sativa.
I also tried a loading technique from a few pages back, that of filling with the straw method, but hover it near the herb in the grinder, rather than stabbing the stem into it. It worked very well, and I am going to use it from now on, so my hands won't get messy now.

alexwallis,

Purple-Days

Like the poster, Jeff. That stuff implants a particular pattern.

Today's pic, not an entry... employees and affiliates are not permitted...
309rb0n.jpg

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
a san pedro cactus perhaps? very nice....
i like that poster alot also - it implants a pattern and a complementary vibe and that's exactly what that type of art is supposed to do.
it makes me think that black light posters could have been something refined and elegant rather than unilaterally juvenile and cheesy.

jeffp,

Milk

Mike
Cool picture Tom, is that a trichocereus peruvianus? Never seen needles like that, must be protecting something ;)

Milk,

Milk

Mike
Another scorcher today, here's a pic from last night. One of the pair of frogs which comes out to eat on the back porch every night. Cute things, they don't trust people like the toads do but they are fun to watch. Glad some people liked the bikini picture; for my first time making a paper hat I think it turned out well.

Today's entry...

iyedc0.jpg

Hope everyone has a pleasant evening!

Milk,

Nycdeisel

Milk, that one is a cutie, do you know what type of frog it is? reminds me of the little tree frogs I used to have.

Nycdeisel,

Purple-Days

Wow...!!!

What a shot, (sans text) you should enter that somewhere !
Full permission granted, nice shot.

Fantastic talent folks... I like them all, it seems. Glad I'm not the judge. :cool:

Purple-Days,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
That is a cool little tree frog, we get quite a few peepers here, a less colorful type. Sure is awesome how they can walk on walls. oldfart, that frogs a little less pretty. ;) :lol:

Oh and alexwallis, I think you may be referring to my post, if so I'm so glad I could help. :D

Ripbongs420,

Milk

Mike
Haha. I don't know what type I have not looked into it enough. Couldn't find it and then forgot to look again. I'll read up and see if I can find out, thanks Nycdeisel and Rip. If I can get my brother's camera I should be able to snap some awesome shots. I just went out and misted the doors and walls around the porch light with the hose and she's out there as usual, they go through an amazing amount of insects. Looks like yours (oldfart) may have had it's share, haha.

edit: http://www.herpsofnc.org/herps_of_NC/anurans/Hylsqu/Hyl_squ.html
That looks and sounds like it, the description of it's call is spot on. Going to put a kiddie pool out so they can lay eggs so we can have a whole new batch next year.

Milk,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Very nice Madcap. :cool: I was actually thinking of taking a picture with a floyd vinyl as me and a few friends were out in my back garage/workshop listening to dark side of the moon. I've got a few of them in my collection. I love vinyl records :)

Ripbongs420,

Nycdeisel

I have this dichoric DSOTM smoking pipe(I know, I know...FC) that the PD stem fits perfectly into the bowl to make a seal. its 100% clean of course, and Im going to try it out together if I can juggle it all.
Im going to take a picture if I can do it.

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom