Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
well its nice and sunny out, figured I would post better pics than the over cast day ones I posted...
DSC04301.jpg

DSC04300.jpg

DevoTheStrange,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
are there other woods that darken as quickly as cherry does? because its only been a week or so but I can say it has gotten darker in a short time. reason i ask is I know some woods dont darken over time... would like too find another medium weight wood that also darkens over time...

DevoTheStrange,

Soulmaster420

Thanks for the quick response re. the PD...I was unable to access the site for a while due to computer issues :(

You were right, the power supply was not bad, it was the end piece...I have another power supply I am using now as a temporary replacement.

also, followed the suggestion using a screwdriver and the rattling noise stopped; great!

I appreciate the tips offered. Have a nice day. :D

Soulmaster420,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Soulmaster420 said:
Thanks for the quick response re. the PD...I was unable to access the site for a while due to computer issues :(

You were right, the power supply was not bad, it was the end piece...I have another power supply I am using now as a temporary replacement.

also, followed the suggestion using a screwdriver and the rattling noise stopped; great!

I appreciate the tips offered. Have a nice day. :D
Can you describe the suggestion regarding using a screwdriver to stop the rattling noise? Thanks.

jeffp,

Purple-Days

The retaining clip that sits at the top of the heat exchanger can be reseated easily with a flat bladed screwdriver.

If the unit is dropped (and hits head down) the 100 gram mass of the heat exchanger can slightly dislodge the clip from it's position. The top disk is sandwiched between the clip and the inner SS sleeve.

Set the PD on a solid surface and place the flat blade on the clip. Give it a tap and move around the clip, repeat tapping it back in place. Shouldn't take much effort and it will be back like new.

Yes we have made Red Oak PDs and they worked well, but the Oak was sent to us for a custom unit, we do not stock Oak.

Nice shots of your PD Devo, thanks for permission to use one on our site. ;)

Purple-Days,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Purple-Days said:
The retaining clip that sits at the top of the heat exchanger can be reseated easily with a flat bladed screwdriver.

If the unit is dropped (and hits head down) the 100 gram mass of the heat exchanger can slightly dislodge the clip from it's position. The top disk is sandwiched between the clip and the inner SS sleeve.

Set the PD on a solid surface and place the flat blade on the clip. Give it a tap and move around the clip, repeat tapping it back in place. Shouldn't take much effort and it will be back like new.

Yes we have made Red Oak PDs and they worked well, but the Oak was sent to us for a custom unit, we do not stock Oak.

Nice shots of your PD Devo, thanks for permission to use one on our site. ;)
No problemo.... you should have a page on your site of all the pictures of PDs from around the world that you have collected...

DevoTheStrange,

josh

DevoTheStrange said:
No problemo.... you should have a page on your site of all the pictures of PDs from around the world that you have collected...
I agree and if you do Tom, you are welcome to use any of my previous pics. I will take some new ones this weekend and try to find some better lighting.

josh,

Purple-Days

Excellent idea guys. :cool: Never thought of it. Actually making the Customer Photo Page now. I'll gather up a couple more pics to fill out the page. Then get back here with the URL.
http://purple-days.com/CustomerPhotos.html

I wanted special permission on that deck shot of Devo's cause I am using it in other places on our site. ;)

Josh I'm gonna use that angled picture, it's pretty damn cool. Gonna gather a few other favorite customer shoots. Quite a few on this forum I think. :)

Purple-Days,

Ben

DevoTheStrange said:
Purple-Days said:
Excellent idea guys. :cool: Never thought of it. Actually making the Customer Photo Page now. I'll gather up a couple more pics to fill out the page. (...)
so, From France, I give you these posted pictures Tom; hope you'll like them. It was in a post I made back from holidays, it is #346 in the "picture thread" :

stopping by a little moment to give you some fresh french "PD is on vacation again" news

I took my PD with me for holidays... one week in august, in a remote mountainous part of the country, in an old country house. I could take these pictures of my PD everyday life when on holidays. :ninja:

sitting in the old fireplace at night
pdfireplace1.jpg

and when sun came up ... going down the stairs

pdstairs.jpg

to get back to this very special spot to get this view on the valley.

pdviews.jpg

letting the od fellow rock warming up with the sun; resting here all day and relax.

pdrelax.jpg

I'll post more of it later.... if available :cool:

Ben,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
hey tom... what kind of wood is that dark exotic all the way too the right on the customer page? thing is awesome looking...
i like the look of that and of the cocobolo one you posted on the first page of this thread

DevoTheStrange,

Purple-Days

Thanks Ben, I love the PD on vacation theme. :D

Devo, Cocobolo is too dense for a PD, very pretty though. That piece became a pencil holder.

All three dark units under the Custom PDs section are Walnut. Sold to me as 'figured', but some like these few were obviously way beyond that... Very few of those pieces in the stack and I think 'all gone' to some very nice customers. The rest of the 'figured walnut' has figure like the maple (the light wood picture), a tiger stripe effect, very nice. Also some plain-jane walnut in the group but that is sold as 'plain black walnut'

I think this is the one you like

and just added this one, also Walnut.

Any pictures of PDs? Send them in or post here. I may not be able to use them all on our site, but would love to see some of the PDs I never got to appreciate. Fun stuff comparing all the variety. PD on Vaca... PD Vapor Path... etc. be creative if you feel like it. And thanks to all the contributors. :)

Purple-Days,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Funny PD vacation pictures. I was waiting for it to be wearing a little bathing suit or top hat or something.

I close on my house on Monday (unless it gets pushed back AGAIN due to errors and missing paper-work). I have been thinking for weeks sometime after I move in i'll take some PD pictures. I want Where Is PD pics kind of like Where Is Waldo books I read as a kid. Sounds fun to me, but with all the work related to moving and renovating it might be a while before i get around to doing it. But everyone always ooohhh's and ahhhh's over PD pics, so I know I just can't go wrong.

IAmKrazy2,

lwien

IAmKrazy2 said:
Funny PD vacation pictures. I was waiting for it to be wearing a little bathing suit or top hat or something.
LOL. Kinda like that roving gnome on the Travelocity commercials.

lwien,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
OMG The PD is georgeous in that figured walnut. :o Whats a guy gotta do to get one of those???? I'm sure they are few and far between. Thats the list that I want to put my name on.

highendvapes,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
beautiful. that's a huge beautiful lawn also...
all of the photos on this page are amazing...
for humor and contrast i should take some pics of my PD standing tall against the backdrop of the gritty inner city.

jeffp,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
Hey does anyone have any idea how long a pd can run off of a car battery without running the car? I want to take it car camping, but dont want to have to keep running the truck to keep it charged. I've left it in there for a couple of hours at a time with no prob, but wonder how long I could get away with leaving it in before I wouldnt be able to start the truck.
I've taken the extreme before, and it worked great cause it only ran when we were using it. I want to take the PD and SSV this time, but am worried about discharging the battery too much.

highendvapes,
Top Bottom