Campfire Quartz Rig Adapter

$243.48 delivered

AND from Element Vape:

Black Proxy Wizard
Black Proxy Ball Cap

$101.45 delivered

=

$344.93 total

Or, I scrap the Element Vape order entirely and add the ball cap to the Zee order (which means no sherlock) for a total of $284.96 for the kit, cap and rig adapter... unless I'm missing something necessary...? Anyone??

So, I'm looking at either $$284.96 for a minimum proxy setup or $281.95 for a totally decked out Pockety setup.... holy shit! If ever needed that stupid "meme" I made, it's NOW!:mental:

Whew! Vape-break-time....!

Ok, here's where I'm at...:

From Zee:

Proxy Kit (black)
Campfire Quartz Rig Adapter

$243.48 delivered

AND from Element Vape:

Black Proxy Wizard
Black Proxy Ball Cap

$101.45 delivered

=

$344.93 total

Or, I scrap the Element Vape order entirely and add the ball cap to the Zee order (which means no sherlock) for a total of $284.96 for the kit, cap and rig adapter... unless I'm missing something necessary...? Anyone??

So, I'm looking at either $$284.96 for a minimum proxy setup or $281.95 for a totally decked out Pockety setup.... holy shit! If ever needed that stupid "meme" I made, it's NOW!:mental:

Whew! Vape-break-time....!

I'd maybe skip the Wizard and add the ball cap to the Zee order. I have one, it's cool, but it's not a game-changing amount of cooling over the stock pipe IMO. I use it sometimes, but I like how compact the Proxy is with the stock pipe, and the Wizard doesn't fit in the case of course.

Rig adapter is definitely the move if you have glass and want to run through water. Those Campfire Quartz ones look nice and solid. I also prefer using a ball cap over the stock oculus (with or without a pearl).

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I would concur the small stock hammer is just as smooth as the wizard, but I would have opted for the wizard and no hammer if I could when I got it. I figure if theres no experience difference between the two the wizard is just “cooler” to use IMHO. Pure to-may-to to-mah-to semantics there though.

I really think the oculus cap is below the Puffco standard. They could surely work out a bulk deal with Kovac, or just make a similar design of their own as the stock piece. It’s night and day between the oculus and Kovac’s.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Yeah, the wizard was a total impulse/splurge item for me... it does look fun and comfortable and I very rarely break glass, but for some reason I felt that I'd break it in like less than a year...? Not worth it to me...

Now all I gotta do is decide between USA/China or China/China... :bang:

Thanks for the info/opinions! 🙏🏻 Happy at least my intuition still seems somewhat on intact...:myday:

Last edited:

Mrencopresis

Thanks everyone!

Just purchsed. 192 at Element with code 710. Not sure which version it is but I'm getting an insider bubbler from sneaky pete's to use it with and the Proxy they use in the video for that bubbler is the double lipped version so it appears that with that water piece there should be no issue :tup:

EDIT: "Thanks for contacting us at Element Vape! In regards to updated versions of products, we will generally receive the most recent batches of devices from the manufacturer, Unfortunately, if our inventory also includes any older versions, we are unable to guarantee that you will receive the updated version during the fulfillment process."
I also purchased last week from Element. Got sent a v1 defective unit which Element will not take back and awaiting word from the manufacturer. I hope it works out better for you.

biohacker

I also purchased last week from Element. Got sent a v1 defective unit which Element will not take back and awaiting word from the manufacturer. I hope it works out better for you.

You gotta be patient with Puffco Support as they are overwhelmed. I'm still dealing with my new peak pro :(

biohacker,
Reactions: Bologna

Ariwe

Is there an advantage to the Proxy over the Core 2.0 for micro dosing / small dabs? I like that I can get an adapter to use it with my other bubblers but trying to figure out if the price is justified.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I'm thinking if the Puffco store doesn't have at least some kind of 7/10 Day sale of their own and only relies on vendors (basically Zee) to deal with it.... fuck 'em! They don't deserve my business. JCVap is giving 40% off for a week+ prior ffs!
5837219673_96969c68d3_z.jpg

(we shall see... if I can hold myself to my word/rant :razz::rolleyes:)

Last edited:

Reekwind

OK, so I got myself a Puffco Droplet.

It's really good if you like to fill a chamber with vape before inhaling, but it's basically just a fancy mason jar bong sold at a ridiculous price.
Something about the design is off - when you use it, the Proxy is RIGHT in your face and the button and ball cap are awkwardly positioned to human hand anatomy to operate smoothly while vaping.
They nailed the design with the BUB but the Droplet is definitely not on par, looks cool and you can do massive rips but nothing you can't get with an adapter and a rig, at half the price.

Most importantly - it's not at all compatible with clumsy people, so I managed to break it in 4 days...
It's not super sturdy and very top-heavy with the Proxy in and combined with a wobbly coffee table, I was suddenly a Droplet and a Ball Cap short :doh:

Been 7 months, and I'm still rocking my 30£ Proxycler and still loving the Proxy :sherlock:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
OK, so I got myself a Puffco Droplet.

It's really good if you like to fill a chamber with vape before inhaling, but it's basically just a fancy mason jar bong sold at a ridiculous price.
Something about the design is off - when you use it, the Proxy is RIGHT in your face and the button and ball cap are awkwardly positioned to human hand anatomy to operate smoothly while vaping.
They nailed the design with the BUB but the Droplet is definitely not on par, looks cool and you can do massive rips but nothing you can't get with an adapter and a rig, at half the price.

Most importantly - it's not at all compatible with clumsy people, so I managed to break it in 4 days...
It's not super sturdy and very top-heavy with the Proxy in and combined with a wobbly coffee table, I was suddenly a Droplet and a Ball Cap short :doh:

Been 7 months, and I'm still rocking my 30£ Proxycler and still loving the Proxy :sherlock:
Good info, thanks! Bummer about the Ball Cap, but yeah, I have zero doubt at all that the Droplet was purposely designed to be easily broken or left unused... or maybe I'm giving Puffco too much credit...? Who wants to vape out of a fuckin lemonade or water pitcher's spout? Unreal. Probably the worst design out of all I've seen... and it's their design!

I'm starting to think Puffco owns Zees, and their online store is just for people too stupid and lazy (or rich) to find Zees and they offload their faulty product runs to Element Vapes...

Glad to hear it's been a reliable device for you!

Edit: very irritating day for many reasons... sorry if I offended anyone.

Last edited:

biohacker

I have zero doubt at all that the Droplet was purposely designed to be easily broken or left unused... or maybe I'm giving Puffco too much credit...? Who wants to vape out of a fuckin lemonade or water pitcher's spout? Unreal. Probably the worst design out of all I've seen... and it's their design!

Can't say I agree with any of this but hey we all have our preferences! The thickness isn't super thick but it's not thin and it's thicker than the stock dry glass piece for sure. I love the mouthpiece! lol BUT, i'm not a fan of the massive can and prefer the stock dry glass.

GetLeft

Proxy landed. Got here quick. Single lip version :tup:Very happy with Element on this one! Got it on the charger and may try it with the stock pipe while I await my sneaky petes insider bubbler to get here.

Edit: hmmm plugged it in to charge before running out of the house but saw no lights or any indication that it was working. Maybe completely low cell.

Last edited:

GetLeft

So far it looks like the Proxy is going to fill the niche that needed to be filled. Still waiting on the water piece to use with it for the higher temp settings but the stock glass on the low setting produces smoother, tastier vapor than the same setting on the puffco pen, which is basically my current concentrate device. (My Daab works well but even at low settings is hard on my lungs. And cranks out so much vapor! Shout out to all you monster dab vapers!).

FC is such a great forum. From the moment I saw the Proxy here, I said wtf who needs that especially at that price? Then you all dive in and start sharing and before you know it I want one and (when the economics finally become doable) here I am happy to own one :tup:

florduh

From the moment I saw the Proxy here, I said wtf who needs that especially at that price?

I'm pretty sure I was shitting all over this thing last year. Now it's my daily driver. I'm not too proud to admit I was wrong!

Though, the price from third party retailers these days is way more reasonable than what Puffco was charging at release.

GetLeft

Thanks Proxy! I'm finally using concentrates with little to zero irritation, both dry with the stock glass and through Sneaky Petes 'Insider' bubbler. I've used a D020-D bubbler with my E-nano for years for irritation free vaping with flower. Could have bought an adapter to use with it for the Proxy but the ergonomics of the Insider work better.

Timps27

That’s a sweet little glass piece @GetLeft !

Work has been stressful of late, groggy morning stress shopping got me to give the JCVap AlN chamber a shot. First burn off on white had significant offgassing, not bad just enough that you definitely want to do a burn off. Second run produced none.

I understand the JCVap chambers are themselves separable (the cup inside can be replaced/swapped), I didn’t attempt to pull it apart but you can tell when you swab it that the cup is separate unlike the solid feel of the proxy chamber. The dish looks nice, very smooth radius in the corner, I have a 4mm ruby in now, it looks a decent fit, I might try a 3mm to see if it fits the corner radius better.

Maiden run with a small glob of rosin, on blue I got two cycles of nice dense, delicious, vapor and it was ready to be swabbed. I was running one cycle of green and a burn off on white with the stock chamber. Will continue to experiment and see if it’s confirmation bias or honeymoon, but so far me likey!

ontopofclouds

what's the safety on using simple green to clean the 3d chamber? I assume soaking the whole atomizer in simple green would be bad but filling the chamber should be fine?

ontopofclouds,

Timps27

I was actually just going to provide some updated feedback on the JCVap AlN chamber, mostly how fantastic it has been for cleaning. I don’t tend to push the temps, but I’ve certainly let it burn idly away lost in whatever, swabs ice slick clean every time. With the stock chamber no matter how well I cleaned it the ruby almost always ended up sticking in a spot rather than rolling around. The AlN chamber the ruby is always free rolling around. I’m still a thumbs up, it’s a bit on the spendy* side but it does feel like a real upgrade to me.

*though not as spendy as diamondium! :o

Top Bottom