Puffco Proxy

biohacker

I've never noticed a smell coming from the case. The "robot fart" refers to the new vape/silicone smell coming from the Proxy base itself. Leaving it in the heat for a while seemed to quash that quick and I've been in Flavor Town ever since.

I literally held off buying the Proxy for nearly a year due to a silicone smell sensitivity/anxiety... I thought for sure it would reek out of the box but was confident that an iso wipe + usage/maintenance would make it something I wouldn't ever have to worry about. Turns out it didn't smell at all out of the box and i've never even sniffed a hint of silicone. Shocks me because i'm soooo super sensitive to smells as I have misophonia and apparently hyperosmia now lol

fangorn

Yes, to you. Yes, too wide open airflow dilutes the vape output with too much air.
You don't need to spend $100 on a good cap. You can try the puffco ballcap, i've tried two, one is perfect and the other is "okay", they aren't expensive.
Not a glass marble, a gemstone like ruby or sapphire pearl, 3mm. Works great with oculus, but airflow is a touch restricted.

Ballcap is the way for me now.... pearl spinner just makes too much of a mess for my taste. Sure is fun though!

ok, thanks for the clarification

so i have a puffco ball cap and installed it upon receipt!
after seeing the reviews about it, i decided to buy the travel kit...to make the vaporizer stand upright...and to have that puffco ball cap.

I can not yet assess its impact on my experience but it will come!

I will also look at where to get a ruby! it's my wife who will be happy 🤣

And...yeah... i didn't anticipate that at all... (Silicone odor ) my fault!
after a night in the air or water it seems better.

this should help me to define if there is "another problem"

I will also try with a non-diesel strain... maybe the blue Dream which I know very well... it will give me a comparison!

Last edited:

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again

Desert Proxy on Sticky Brick Stack on Smal FCMOD, ball cap w/Kovacs spinner core, JCVap AlN chamber with a 4mm ruby.

Dropped in a standard rice sized dab of live resin, on blue temp got one beautiful thick and delicious rip, and a small follow up that got cutoff by the end of cycle. Moved it to green for a cleanup pull and got one whisky draw and swabbed.

I like this setup!

florduh

Me, when trying to use the Proxy instead of carts or pods.

Hash.png

They really went and did it, huh.

florduh

And they got two birds stoned at once because it holds a Peak and Proxy simultaneously!

Or a Proxy and a Steam Deck. It's honestly not a bad product. Loading hash on the go is a pain in the ass. This bag gives you a nice little shelf to hold the Proxy while you're dropping your dab in.

But I think they dropped the ball not having carbon lining to manage smell. Room temp hash rosin is pungent.

fangorn

ok guys... i understand better why a lot of the last pages of this thread revolve around the cap...

after several unsatisfactory days with my proxy, I changed and put back the original cap (rather than the one included in the transport kit, the puffco ballcap I think).
It changes the whole experience!!!

Until then my airflow was much too important. few flavors, little steam...
effects present but not incredible either!

With the original cap, it's just the opposite... airflow too restricted. Much more flavor and more vapor.

I've always liked restricted airflow so that's fine for now. but a little more open will surely be one of my options in the future.

I will come back to ask you some questions once I have tested more with this configuration!

GetLeft

Straight up Proxy no add-ons other than a water piece designed for it. Could not be happier.
Super easy device for enjoying concentrates. Great for nubes and works for pros too from what I read.
I was hanging at green (level 2 of 4) for a while with zero lung issues (had lung issues with concentrates prior to the Proxy). Went back down to blue (level 1) this evening just because and man o man I'm glad I did. Even through water excellent flavor at blue.
Haven't gone to the wild side yet (beyond green). Adventure calls :tup:

Texus

My fave is stock cap and 3mm ruby.
I have a whole sequence dialed in with a fairly large load and almost no left over
My fave combo too. Had bought an aftermarket spinner cap and a Paulson ball cap. But stock oculus with 3mm remains the king.

Also recently grabbed Sneaky Pete beaker glass for it. May be the best deal of all Proxy accessories at $35 or so.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I just ran across these putting together a decent sized AliExpress order... not sure of anything (or if anyone reliable like @LesPlenty already posted them), but some of the pieces look like they could be cool for the money and just thought I'd pass it along. I'm not including any in my order, as I never ended up getting a Proxy (or Pockety, ftm.)

Man, I loves me some showerhead circle percs...!:
Sa9b3445d8c0647dc8575ea79a4e67d18O.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp

Not sure about a double, tho:
S2ddd367c42cf431992f4d1a76a4918d9M.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp

S81fc2fb8b42147188142edb76fd209e1q.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp

Sf26871491bb240fe8ace21cbef510ec0C.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp

Puffco Proxy glass replacement

:peace:

Edit:
These & these, too, may be "worth" a try...?

Last edited:

Texus

Like that last one a lot. And some great looking designs. I do really like my Sneaky Pete Beaker which looks identical to the one above, and I think was below $50.

davesmith

Glass Blower
Im enjoying my proxy, have made a custom glass pipe because fuck the stock painted glass.

Overall i dont think ill use it through water, the reason i didnt get a puffco is because if im gonna get the water out etc might as well just have a dab, the proxy however fits into the spaces where i cant be arsed to heat up a nail. I take it out to the pub/restaurant etc. they work very well and certainly as well as any other electric dab device ive tried.

I do find the high a little gentler than a dab, not sure if thats the temps or just that i put more oil onto the nail. But the flavour from the proxy is amazing, something i dont get from small dabs on a rig.

Very happy with my purchase. Its a bit silicone-y and not the best looking object in the world but it does its job well imho.

fangorn

After a few weeks of using it, I got to grips with the Proxy... and the concentrates!

The silicone smell has lessened (and/or I've gotten used to it).
The “robot fart” smell/taste is no longer present.
And after long weeks in the open air, the case hardly smells anymore.

I probably add a little more concentrate, but I start at lower temperatures. Before I started in green or red. Now I start in blue or green. In all cases I end up with red.

It's a cool device.
Loading is easy and cleaning is awesome!

The battery doesn't last very long but charging is super fast!

Maybe I could have done without stepping foot into the world of concentrates...but I'll revise my judgment once I've purchased some higher quality concentrates.

In any case, I do not regret having started my experience with this vaporizer there. Once I get over my silicone sensitivity issues, I find that it's a great device to start with... or keep things simple!!

Thanks to whoever recommended it to me!!

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
What are the best habits wrt charging and helping the battery total life last?

Can I charge it when in amber or should I wait until red to help the overall battery life?

I'm asking as I'm finding it convenient to charge whenever to ensure its full (e.g at night. It might be on amber but I put it on charge so it's full in the morning).
Is this detrimental to the life of the battery?
Thanks

Chicken No Name,
Reactions: LesPlenty

GetLeft

I was confused at the start because mine arrived without a charge so I just plugged it in and waited to see what happened and ever since then it's worked predictably. I don't use it heavily but get decent milage out of each charge (half dozen small dabs at least). I've used the og glass for the past couple of sessions or so just for kicks and it is indeed a fun (and effective) way to vape for sure. Gotta get it going back through the h20 though :tup:

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Is this detrimental to the life of the battery?

I get this feeling all the time, I think it comes from growing up with NiCad batts powering everything that were notorious for forming ‘memory’ of shortened charge states. I’m no electrical engineer by any means, but I think battery tech has moved beyond the short charging limitations. I still generally wait til the end to plug most things in, but I’m also certain I’ve plugged the Proxy in at amber for similar reasons myself and haven’t noticed an impact.

Top Bottom