Puffco Proxy

Reekwind

With the hole facing the front of the pipe you achieve quite a bit more cooling
This is a great tip! :sherlock:

I always turn the outlet hole outwards in the stock pipe, and it makes the difference between coughing a lot or almost not at all :)

I like hearing this! Do you use a pearl? I'm a bit concerned about all the reports of puddles i've heard. But also that using a pearl causes oil to splash out of the cup as well as ruining the finish of the ceramic chamber.

A pearl is not necessary for a nice vaping experience with the Proxy.

However, the ball cap is IMO pretty much needed for water cooled pieces, in order to really get the proper airflow going and fully enjoy the wet Proxy experience.

Splashing is 99% of time due to people overfilling the chamber and/or hitting it too hard, pearls do tend to increase splashing since it takes up space in the chamber and obviously splashes the concentrate around in the chamber, so you have to be a bit more mindful on not overfilling or hitting it too hard when using a pearl.
I get a more even, consistent, and thorough vaporization with a pearl (on blue and green temps), especially with water cooled pieces.

The ceramic isn't damaged by using a standard pearl but the ones with cut edges, e.g. diamond shaped ones, might scratch it over time but they don't really work properly in the Proxy anyways, so just stick with the plain old spherical pearls. 3mm or 4mm. :)

Reekwind

Does anyone know the actual mAh capacity of the Proxy battery?

It would be nice to have a small powerbank that fits in the case, and actually know how many recharges can be expected before buying it :)

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I'd say no to Sneaky Pete. Even with 20% off you're $10 less but no ball cap (which is worth it imo).

There are other retailers that have the Proxy for $214USD if you look on Vapospy. A plus for ordering through Puffco, if you're looking at the black model, would be the newer single lip design. Other retailers may still be working through old stock.
I was considering the desert, has that not received the redesign?

Reekwind

For those in the EU or UK, the Proxy is on 420 sale at Vapefiend now for £255 / €290 - They have a proxy warehouse (no pun intended) in The Netherlands to clear EU customs, so don't worry about VAT and import charges ;)

There's also a discount on accessories. Just ordered the Droplet, had to get some ISO vipes anyways :)

darbarikanada

I'm curious to hear from proxy users if they think it'd be a good fit for me. I'm not into big rips, want something from which I can get a session-like experience: load ~.07g wax, get lots of cool(ish) hits. I've been happily using my mighty concentrate pad for this, but am suffering from VAS. (I have a linx hypnos pen, but don't like the difficult draw and short vapor path.) remember: unlike pretty much everyone on this forum, I don't want big hits. I get ~15 medium-size hits from .07g of wax in my mighty; I expect that even on the low settings of a proxy I'd get more like 5 hits(?) from .07g, but I don't know. thanks for any input!

Adobewan

i got mine for 222 about a month or so from this site...i see they have some now around 213

I'd say no to Sneaky Pete. Even with 20% off you're $10 less but no ball cap (which is worth it imo).

There are other retailers that have the Proxy for $214USD if you look on Vapospy. A plus for ordering through Puffco, if you're looking at the black model, would be the newer single lip design. Other retailers may still be working through old stock.

$216 with free shipping from Element Vape. Cheapest Proxy i've seen so far.
Any way to determine if these are the newer version with the single lip?

$216 with free shipping from Element Vape. Cheapest Proxy i've seen so far.
Meant to include this as well.

Last edited:
Adobewan,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I'm curious to hear from proxy users if they think it'd be a good fit for me. I'm not into big rips, want something from which I can get a session-like experience: load ~.07g wax, get lots of cool(ish) hits. I've been happily using my mighty concentrate pad for this, but am suffering from VAS. (I have a linx hypnos pen, but don't like the difficult draw and short vapor path.) remember: unlike pretty much everyone on this forum, I don't want big hits. I get ~15 medium-size hits from .07g of wax in my mighty; I expect that even on the low settings of a proxy I'd get more like 5 hits(?) from .07g, but I don't know. thanks for any input!
I suspect you're only able to get session style hits from concentrates with the Mighty because you are soaking a pad. All the experience I've ever had with banger-style concentrate vapes (or whatever the appropriate term is for the type of vape the Proxy is), is that you get a few hits and then the material is all spent and trying to get more out of it at that point is going to taste awful and produce very harsh vapor.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Honestly @darbarikanada , since you first posted in this thread a while back (or maybe it was the Cricket Proxy comparison thread), and I got one of these, I've been thinking how a Proxy would fit your use case perfectly. For those that want a good session concentrate device, that can offer a number of good/tasty hits, with good efficiency, the Proxy is a really good fit! I am still using my Proxy pretty much daily, as I just find it mixes things up well with my more traditional lung busting dabs :)

Edit: I don't know if you would get 15 hits, but I get a good # of hits on green, and these are long 15-20+ second draws which result in good sized hits. I imagine if I was taking 5 second draws, I would get a lot more hits (in fact, even with my long 15-20+ second draws, I often break them up into 3-4 hits that I just don't exhale before taking the next, as the Proxy does well with a little "break" between breaths to allow for the heat to build a little after you cool it from inhaling--at least this is my theory and I definitely get a really satisfying experience whether at green or white/rainbow)

Edit Edit: I also really dislike short vapor paths by the way, and hot hits. If you have the opportunity to try one, I suspect you would like it, but worst case if you buy one and don't like it, I imagine a 1 week old device would sell well on classifieds here or Discord for maybe a $50-$75 loss.

SquirrelMaster

Any way to determine if these are the newer version with the single lip?
If it's the black you're after, then no. You could always ask them but I doubt they'd know. Puffco is apparently replacing units under warranty, in the US by sending your old one and internationally they just send you a new device. I don’t know if you have to show if it falls out or what exactly. My first Proxy arrived doa and the replacement had the new lip. It's much more secure, but the original isn't that bad. If I was in the US I'd order from Puffco personally, but retailers might be onto the newer style.

darbarikanada

I've been thinking how a Proxy would fit your use case perfectly. For those that want a good session concentrate device, that can offer a number of good/tasty hits, with good efficiency, the Proxy is a really good fit! I am still using my Proxy pretty much daily, as I just find it mixes things up well with my more traditional lung busting dabs :)

Edit: I don't know if you would get 15 hits, but I get a good # of hits on green, and these are long 15-20+ second draws which result in good sized hits. I imagine if I was taking 5 second draws, I would get a lot more hits (in fact, even with my long 15-20+ second draws, I often break them up into 3-4 hits that I just don't exhale before taking the next, as the Proxy does well with a little "break" between breaths to allow for the heat to build a little after you cool it from inhaling--at least this is my theory and I definitely get a really satisfying experience whether at green or white/rainbow)

Edit Edit: I also really dislike short vapor paths by the way, and hot hits. If you have the opportunity to try one, I suspect you would like it, but worst case if you buy one and don't like it, I imagine a 1 week old device would sell well on classifieds here or Discord for maybe a $50-$75 loss.
thanks @JCat and @Monk Debate for the detailed and thoughtful responses - I really appreciate it!

Last edited:

biohacker

internationally they just send you a new device.

With or without an atty? I was thinking about grabbing the desert sand version, but now as an international it might be better to look for an older black lol

$315CAD with free shipping from thejointcannabis.ca for Canadians. They have some brick and mortar stores around the country for local pickups.

$296.40cad ($219usd)+tax with the 5% off coupon code. This is HOT (for Canada)!

biohacker,
Reactions: JCat

SquirrelMaster

With or without an atty? I was thinking about grabbing the desert sand version, but now as an international it might be better to look for an older black lol

$296.40cad ($219usd)+tax with the 5% off coupon code. This is HOT (for Canada)!
No atty.
The sand version is nice. I was thinking about grabbing one, but after my Guardian purchase it's a bit overkill. Take that VAS!

Now is the time to buy if you want to save a few bucks. I've bought a few things this month and there are still others my list.

I've been lusting over EternalFlameworks' Puffco attachments for the past few days. He has daily auctions on his IG and a website currently 20% off.

Zeevapor had mystery boxes go live this morning in addition to their current sales. Lots of good stuff there too.

Adobewan

Sorry if it's been asked but will Puffco have a 420 sale on the Proxy? I'm dropping the hammer and hope to find the best price for the new model.

Adobewan,
Reactions: Grass Yes

SquirrelMaster

Just picked this up from @NoahTheGlassblowa on IG

Edit: The dragon is in the mail but my Paulson crushed opal mystery ball cap arrived, and it'll match this perfectly.
Smart-Select-20230425-180208-Instagram.gif

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

@SquirrelMaster Nice! I have a very similar Paulson cap and I love it. It definitely feels like an upgrade to the stock ball cap. I can finish smaller dabs of rosin in just a few hits on green.
I really like the rounded top, it feels like a joystick. Is yours a similar design? I like how mine almost looks like it's smiling with the white cloud.
Intent was to not go wild on aftermarket glass with the proxy. Made it almost a month. Just dropped a deposit on proxy hammer bubbler pipe. Can’t wait!
This is the dangerous part of owning this or a Peak, there are a LOT of really nice accessories.

I highly suggest anyone looking for glass checks out @EternalFlameworks daily auctions on IG. He posts some real gems.

buckhakeesah

Here's the Paulson cap I'll pair with the above dragon.
Smart-Select-20230425-225958-Gallery.gif
How do you like the mystery cap? Is that Paulson cap that much better than the stock proxy one? I keep hearing the stock one being pretty good. I ended up getting a peak pro mystery cap but they ended up sending me a proxy sized one and so I'm contemplating whether to just keep it for my new Proxy I have yet to open up or send it back for my original peak pro one.

buckhakeesah,

SquirrelMaster

How do you like the mystery cap? Is that Paulson cap that much better than the stock proxy one? I keep hearing the stock one being pretty good. I ended up getting a peak pro mystery cap but they ended up sending me a proxy sized one and so I'm contemplating whether to just keep it for my new Proxy I have yet to open up or send it back for my original peak pro one.
It's really nice but the difference is marginal imo. Some people rave about the stock ball cap being crap but it's not bad. I mostly prefer the shape of my @dzglasss_ or Paulson's Pieces ball caps for their ergonomics. Some of proxy attachments (especially on IG I've found) come with ball caps, and the function is similar.

You might as well open yours up and see what they sent you, maybe you have a real gem.

My mystery boxes worked out well for me but I'd almost rather go custom. Luck of the draw really. He does weed leaf opals for $135ish. Anything available at https://www.profoundglass.com/store/pc/viewcategories.asp?idcategory=215

There are a few options other lamp lighters making cool ball caps. @bhoroglass does some with big opals. @bellzglass makes one style of Yoshi and @dzglass makes an absolutely insane Yoshi with a star opal if money is no object. Looks through Zeevapor and then look up the artist on IG.

someTooL

I really like the rounded top, it feels like a joystick. Is yours a similar design? I like how mine almost looks like it's smiling with the white cloud.

This is the dangerous part of owning this or a Peak, there are a LOT of really nice accessories.

I highly suggest anyone looking for glass checks out @EternalFlameworks daily auctions on IG. He posts some real gems.
Yea for sure. Turned from, “I’ll just a get a clear glass” to “yeah, an opal would be cool on there” to “crushed opal glass…let’s party dude show me what you got” lol. At this point I’m thinking just set a price and surprise me :doh:

SquirrelMaster

Yea for sure. Turned from, “I’ll just a get a clear glass” to “yeah, an opal would be cool on there” to “crushed opal glass…let’s party dude show me what you got” lol. At this point I’m thinking just set a price and surprise me :doh:
I set ground rules for myself, at least after a bit. I had ordered my first pipe before my Proxy had even arrived (a heady sherlock that fits in the stock case). After I got my original unit working again I was on the fence about another piece but decided no bubblers. With my Guardian shipping (arriving today!) I'll have a water cooled option and will keep my Proxy dry. Then I was just watching for something to catch my eye which is where that dragon came in. I was really considering a crushed opal over jet black Gandalf pipe from eternalflameworks.com. everything on the site is 20% off until May 1. That dragon was too good to pass but I'm kinda considering a desert unit for the dragon and still the crushed opal for my black Proxy lol.

Top Bottom