Puffco Proxy

The Proxy is finally getting down to a price where I'd have no problem recommending it to any concentrate enjoyer.

Does it come with any kind of case? That's like my ideal vape form factor but I feel like it would break if I look at it wrong.

I mean, the box it comes in is nice and has a pipe shaped foam cutout, but other than that no. And yeah, for the price, I wish the glass was a bit more hefty. It looks and feels cool though so whatever I guess. I recently offloaded a bunch of dry herb gear so I used that to justify the purchase. :lol:

AssistedLiving

anyone use this?

SquirrelMaster

anyone use this?

I've been looking at that piece as well as the ultrathin AlN insert they sell. There's someone by the name of Adub that does a review. His videos are linked to on the JCVAP website. I'm not sure what the real world differences between two AlN inserts is and the IG account has not provided me with any answers. When you compare the costs, it's cheaper to buy the ICA with titanium insert and a seperate ultrathin AlN insert than it is to buy just the regular AlN package. So regular better?

There are no plans for a ruby insert for the Proxy, from what the same IG account told me. I also could not get an answer on whether they were going to make a chamber with side and bottom heating. The current JCVAP Proxy ICA is bottom only heating.

Fyi, their IG account is very difficult to communicate with. I think thats mostly due to the language barrier. I've asked a lot of questions and I get answers to 25% of my questions.

I'm intrigued but a little put off by the bottom only heating. I'm curious how AlN compares to the stock ceramic, which I don't really have an issue with.

If you decide to get one don't forget the PKTY15 code for an extra 15% off their sale price. I'm still debating if I shoukd pick one up. They don't ship until Sept iirc so as long as I catch the sake I might.

SquirrelMaster

The stock alumina ceramic bowl is nearly a ruby already. It’s the same exact chemical composition, just a different structure so it’s not transparent.
No way, I did not know that! How are people claiming that taste is "so much better in xyz vape"? Silicone sensitivities maybe? I thought the taste might be better with a JCVAP insert but now I don't the point in upgrading. Longevity maybe, at the expense of bottom vs side heating.

JCat

Accessory Maker
No way, I did not know that! How are people claiming that taste is "so much better in xyz vape"? Silicone sensitivities maybe? I thought the taste might be better with a JCVAP insert but now I don't the point in upgrading. Longevity maybe, at the expense of bottom vs side heating.
I would really like a bottom and side heated cup for the Proxy, that would be really cool :) I've kinda' wanted to order one of these JCVAP ones as well, but not sure it will be worth it similar thoughts as you (really not sure about bottom only).

It may hit harder though, but can't imagine the temp control would be as good since it's an indirectly heated cup vs the temp control of the embedded heat wire trace.

JCat,

SquirrelMaster

I would really like a bottom and side heated cup for the Proxy, that would be really cool :)
I've asked that a couple times, but I haven't received an answer. Maybe with enough interest?
I've kinda' wanted to order one of these JCVAP ones as well, but not sure it will be worth it similar thoughts as you (really not sure about bottom only).

It may hit harder though, but can't imagine the temp control would be as good since it's an indirectly heated cup vs the temp control of the embedded heat wire trace.
JCVAP says the AlN runs at l a lower temperature, 30-45℉, but Adub did a review with a Dabready and the JCVAP (vs stock) bowl took a little longer to reach temp, but then actually went hotter on white. I'd like to know if the lower temp settings respond the same.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: JCat

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Couple pro tips I figured out,

The orientation of the vapor output matters - now I'm left handed and like the power button on the left but after playing around I noticed with the hole facing the mouthpiece you get more open airflow but less cooling. With the hole facing the front of the pipe you achieve quite a bit more cooling due to various fluid dynamic principals.

Also every few sessions if you breathe INTO the pipe while it's hot you can back-purge some of the condensed oils from the other side of the cup that you can't normally get to with a swab. You'll see the oil coming in from the vapor slots at the top of the cup and can mop them up with a Qtip. Not totally sure how I figured this one out.... I vape a lot? :uhoh:
:lol:

someTooL

Received my 420 Proxy package from Zee’s.

As a former pro owner, I am pleased. Forgot how efficient and tasty it can be. First time using the new chamber too. Of course I started at blue but by nights end a little white never hurt anyone.

I received a V1 proxy but so far have not had any issues with it raising. Have a MJA bubbler arriving later this week to pair with it also.

biohacker

Forgot how efficient

I like hearing this! Do you use a pearl? I'm a bit concerned about all the reports of puddles i've heard. But also that using a pearl causes oil to splash out of the cup as well as ruining the finish of the ceramic chamber.

Last edited:
biohacker,

SquirrelMaster

Puffco 420 early access is live. The link comes through an SMS but I did have trouble signing up fyi. If anyone wants the link shoot me a PM and I'll send it.

$250USD for a Proxy and ballcap.
25% off accessories (Droplet and Wizard not included)

I like hearing this! Do you use a pearl? I'm a bit concerned about all the reports of puddles i've heard. But also that using a pearl causes oil to splash out of the cup as well as ruining the finish of the ceramic chamber.

@invertedisdead uses a pearl and loves it. I ended up preferring a ball cap with no pearl. No issues with puddles or splashing over here.

@SquirrelMaster $250 for a Proxy + ball cap is pretty sweet!

SquirrelMaster

$315CAD with free shipping from thejointcannabis.ca for Canadians. They have some brick and mortar stores around the country for local pickups.

Paulson Pieces has 30% off items on the website and sporadic420 drops.

SquirrelMaster,
  • Love
Reactions: biohacker

SquirrelMaster

And just when I thought I was out, you pull me back in! lol I think I can take the chance now without losing too much cash on the resale.

Will I have a satisfying experience without using a pearl? I think I can only source a boro pearl today lol
Ha ha, yeah i like enabling others when i find a deal. Then I'm not the only one with a bunch of vapes lol.

I have been enjoying mine without a pearl (but with a ball cap). I didn't like the pearl with either cap but some people really do, so I'd say its a personal preference.

hoyo77

i got mine for 222 about a month or so from this site...i see they have some now around 213

hoyo77,

SquirrelMaster

The puffco one or aftermarket?
I have both. The Puffco cap is on the included pipe and the after-market cap came with my @dzglasss_ pipe.
I order a mystery box crushed opal from Paulson Pieces yesterday that will replace the Puffco cap. I'm not a fan of the top of the Puffco cap, it's slightly concave and my finger has a tendency to slip off.
I tried ball cap vs stock cap, with and without 3mm or 4mm ruby, and the ball cap with no ruby is always my favorite. It could be my tendency for a strong draw and spraying oil everywhere lol.

SquirrelMaster,
  • Haha
Reactions: biohacker

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Anyone think we’ll see better deals than the Puffco one? Maybe at Sneaky Pete Store?

Monk Debate,

SquirrelMaster

Anyone think we’ll see better deals than the Puffco one? Maybe at Sneaky Pete Store?
I'd say no to Sneaky Pete. Even with 20% off you're $10 less but no ball cap (which is worth it imo).

There are other retailers that have the Proxy for $214USD if you look on Vapospy. A plus for ordering through Puffco, if you're looking at the black model, would be the newer single lip design. Other retailers may still be working through old stock.

Top Bottom