Puffco Proxy

GetLeft

Love my Proxy. On a whim around a week ago I decided to use it with the stock glass pipe and it's been a blast. I had avoided using it due to potential lung irritation but at green so far I'm having no problems. Such a great device for using concentrates. Easy to load, great flavor, easy to clean, discrete. I use a smallish dab and get a few good tasty draws before it times out and that tends to do the trick for me.

Earlier today I gave an iso wipe to the chamber and remembered to wipe the lid too (I have the og lid that came with my Proxy). I'll be darned if the bead in the center of the lid didn't get knocked out in the process. Looks like I'm proxyless til I get it replaced. Might go for the joystick. First, I'll read what opinions are held earlier in the thread :tup:

Last edited:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
@GetLeft
Bummer about the oculus cap loss
Whilst I was happy with stock and 3mm pearl, I bought the travel pack which comes with a spare oculus cap and a ball cap.
Appreciate not the joystick (which sounds cool with the variable air flow but isn't available in the EU currently) but I think they function similarly.
I don't think there are many reviews on the joystick here/yet?

I'd read the reviews (not just here) on the ball cap which were mixed. Some thought the ball an improvement, an equal number it appeared didn't.

Mine came last week and I really like it.

More airflow and clouds. More efficient usage of product.

I'm still playing but currently using a 3mm pearl but this may not be necessary.

And it just squeezes into the case.

Hope this helps.

I also considered aftermarket but for eu v expensive and some seemed hit or miss.

Does it have better airflow, or is it just easier to use? Been trying to like my ball cap but keep falling back to oculus + pearl.

Seems like the design will prevent it from sticking as much as the ball cap. It's easier to manipulate, good tactile feeling to it. The airflow feels good to me, but that's pretty subjective. If you don't like the standard Puffco ball cap, maybe you won't like this, but it feels like a definite improvement to me.

florduh

Seems like the design will prevent it from sticking as much as the ball cap. It's easier to manipulate, good tactile feeling to it. The airflow feels good to me, but that's pretty subjective. If you don't like the standard Puffco ball cap, maybe you won't like this, but it feels like a definite improvement to me.

I'm gonna be honest...the joystick thing looks cool. Question though. During the heat up phase, do you experience vapor leaking out of the top? When I had a Peak with a ball cap I remember this happening quite a bit.

I'm gonna be honest...the joystick thing looks cool. Question though. During the heat up phase, do you experience vapor leaking out of the top? When I had a Peak with a ball cap I remember this happening quite a bit.

I’ll have to check next time I use it, but probably. I do experience that with my ball caps for the Proxy and I think it’d be similar with the joystick.

Does that not happen when using the oculus cap? It’s been a while since I used that one.

Last edited:

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I have only been using my Kovacs core for months now, but I get a bit of vapor coming through the top just before it buzzes. I typically get the same on Cricket, though usually only on the first cycle.

You know what, it does a little. I just hadn't notice because I'm usually absentmindedly covering the holes with my thumb on the first heat up.

I did notice it with the joystick this time, a bit of vapor escaped right before it buzzed.

I'm REALLY liking this cap. The airflow seems fine tuned for the device. You can even press down on the joystick while spinning it to restrict the airflow, that's kinda fun. I'm getting really nice clouds and the hits are feeling pretty smooth!

Some little things I like about it: feels easier to snap back onto the chamber compared to the ball cap, and the top is silicone, so no risk of glass banging on glass when you flip the cap off one handed and it knocks against the pipe.

GetLeft

My replacement stock caps came today. I was thinking they were overly pricey but realized when they arrived that they’re sold as a 4 pack so no fear of losing functioanlity for a the foreseeable future. I tried a number of things to make the proxy work without the stock cap (small beed, screen, cotton) while I waited but nothing brought it up to the performance level of the og cap. The tech on these things is legit :tup:

4-Aces King-High

My replacement stock caps came today. I was thinking they were overly pricey but realized when they arrived that they’re sold as a 4 pack so no fear of losing functioanlity for a the foreseeable future. I tried a number of things to make the proxy work without the stock cap (small beed, screen, cotton) while I waited but nothing brought it up to the performance level of the og cap. The tech on these things is legit :tup:
Yes, in my Experience -USE the OG CAP,Others I’ve tried are meh.Wasted money (OG cap. Only ) but we do love variety .

4-Aces King-High,
Reactions: LesPlenty

florduh

Interesting comparison video.

I prefer the for factor and experience of the Proxy. But it is crazy seeing the size comparison between the Proxy and a Peak Pro with a dry top.

I think I'd prefer a Proxy with more precise TC over a dry Peak setup. But it's still an interesting comparison.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

I prefer the for factor and experience of the Proxy. But it is crazy seeing the size comparison between the Proxy and a Peak Pro with a dry top.

I think I'd prefer a Proxy with more precise TC over a dry Peak setup. But it's still an interesting comparison.

I thought about making a dry top for the peak but people on the puffco Reddit make fun of you if you do a dab without water 😅😭

florduh

I thought about making a dry top for the peak but people on the puffco Reddit make fun of you if you do a dab without water 😅😭

LOL that's so dumb! Puffco themselves are literally promoting dry dabbing to the community with the Proxy.

After I saw the comparison video I hopped on ZeeVapor just to see what the dry top market looked like. There weren't a ton of dry options but I saw at least half a dozen. My assumption was people were coming around to dry dabbing. A bit of a bummer to hear that's not the case.
I like the full flavor of native/dry hits. And I haven't measured it but I kinda think it stretches your material further than big water cooled dabs.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
LOL that's so dumb! Puffco themselves are literally promoting dry dabbing to the community with the Proxy.

After I saw the comparison video I hopped on ZeeVapor just to see what the dry top market looked like. There weren't a ton of dry options but I saw at least half a dozen. My assumption was people were coming around to dry dabbing. A bit of a bummer to hear that's not the case.
I like the full flavor of native/dry hits. And I haven't measured it but I kinda think it stretches your material further than big water cooled dabs.

I have some really cool designs for the peak and the proxy, I can never decide what to work on next cause it's so hard to truly gauge interest in anything though haha.

davesmith

Glass Blower
for the record i use mine with a 3mm pearl and the stock cap. Tried the joystick i found no improvement in performance, i think people just like to fiddle with something while they vape imho. Its reminiscent of a bubble cap i guess.

I made myself a nice replacement for the glass (i dont care what they say china paint in the airpath is a no-no for me) and other than that performance is sound. You cant do big dabs but i wouldnt want to in a device like this so the peak and 3dxl dont really appeal to me.

davesmith

Glass Blower
I have some really cool designs for the peak and the proxy, I can never decide what to work on next cause it's so hard to truly gauge interest in anything though haha.

I cant add this quote to my response but as a glassblower demand for proxy pieces is through the roof! It helps that puffco charge like £100 for a shitty painted china piece. Id say dry proxy pieces that fit the case are hype af right now

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I cant add this quote to my response but as a glassblower demand for proxy pieces is through the roof! It helps that puffco charge like £100 for a shitty painted china piece. Id say dry proxy pieces that fit the case are hype af right now

Yeah that's why I haven't made any yet is there's some profit if you're the glassblower, but if I commission a design and then try to sell it myself, it's hard to get the pricing right since I'm not doing the production also.

GetLeft

@florduh thanks for the video. Unfortunately I could only handle a little bit of it tbh. I like my Proxy. Meets my needs so well that I reach for it before I reach for flower these days. I enjoy using it dry with the stock glass (which is perfectly portable for me) or through water with a nice after market bubbler. But I'm no dabber, just someone who likes to enjoy concentrates in a device that's not a lung killer. We know (and Puffco knows) that there are small dab devices out there that produce monster vapor (almost killed myself using my Daab when my Proxy was down) for serious dabbers looking for portability. I don't think that the Proxy is being marketed to them. It's aimed at folks like me :tup: My guess is more like it will follow.

Smknbud

I'm in total agreement with the video. I've only had my Proxy for about three weeks now, and don't get me wrong since I enjoy it, but compared to my Pro with my Evol dry top and the 3DXL chamber I can not help but come to the same conclusion as the video. With that said, if I feel the need for a dab while out and about I tend to grab my Evolv Cricket.

someTooL

Couldn’t resist any longer and upgraded to the 3dXL on my pro. Damn.

I too like, really like the proxy, but damn. The 3dXL on the pro is a different level. A more elevated one at that lol.

I’m sure we’ll see updates like this to the the proxy in the future.

Top Bottom