• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Puffco Peak

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Truly not very smart at $400 to only have 1 Atty???
Had a bad atty in my Xvape Vista, good thing they included
an extra or I would have bummed out, but 2nd atty fired
up & I knew vape was great just bad atty threading.
(they sent me a free new one, still using a year later.

$400 to test their product, WOW guys I sure feel
poor & gratefully patient, honestly good luck.
theyre sending replacements to anyone who has issues. Its not like you spend $400 and are shit out of luck when it goes bad.

Also i read that the atomizer should never touch water. Im sure at least a few people whose have gone bad quickly tried cleaning it and then rinsing with water after an iso soak
How is it dry? Do you think someone could make an even smaller dry glass piece for it?

Yeah definetly. People are already making some recyler attachments like sologlass and dabberjones on ig. The device and attachment together are pretty small in person. I really like the overall size and feel

xbeing1234

First time poster here.... just FYI I got 4 days out of the peak before the rainbow of death, seems like they're all faulty... the plate fell off the atomizer, looks like it was burnt out

xbeing1234,

aj0125

My best friend just received his peak today and so far hes pretty devastated. He cannot get the glass piece seated into the base so that there is a seal and you can get a actual hit, he said that it looks to be like a defect in the glass but he lives a few hours away so I cant just go take a look at it. I’m pretty bummed, if it was awesome he was going to bring it out for test but how are have to wait and see what puffco support says ...

aj0125,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I do have exciting news.. but I have to say that I would have no idea in the world how to take an atomizer apart, nor tools of that sort, besides my issues with dexterity.
I did none the less, unscrew the atomizer and looked at it.
It was one solid entity to me, but I knew someone somewhere had a tool for that.. (but again there would be putting it together)
I screwed it in, and made sure it was screwed in firmly.
I tried, and it worked!
I will have to contact customer support, and close my ticket.
So, it delivered as promised.
Thank you for steering me in the right direction.
The hits are remarkably dense, and smooth.
It is a powerful little tool, and I am impressed.
I was feeling doubt, but a little adjustment...
thanks for the help!
Now that I have a working Peak, and am aware
that it is a solid tool. (heavy weight little guy)... and that I Love this thing....
I got an email from support at Puffco, with an attached return label pre-paid,
with a promise of quick service.
In relief, I said this was user error... that I got recommended a remedy by a user of FC.com
that I should "fiddle with the atomizer", and now the unit is a beast.
Clean as heck too.. the deal about wipe with the swab while still warm leaves you fresh as a daisy.
I asked if extra atomizers were available, we'll see if they have a source, perhaps.
Having fun right now in Peak Land.
(thumbs up for communication from customer service.)

Last edited:

toros23

My best friend just received his peak today and so far hes pretty devastated. He cannot get the glass piece seated into the base so that there is a seal and you can get a actual hit, he said that it looks to be like a defect in the glass but he lives a few hours away so I cant just go take a look at it. I’m pretty bummed, if it was awesome he was going to bring it out for test but how are have to wait and see what puffco support says ...

On my second Peak, the hole in the glass that connects to the base is off quite a bit, so I have to turn the glass and it looks a little funky. It makes a seal and does not affect functionality, but is not centered and looks a little off. I think it is incredible that the glass is so far out of whack on your friends' Peak that it cannot make a seal with the hole in the base. That hole in the base is super wide, I'm assuming to compensate for glass variations like mine. That is some terrible quality control, unfortunately.

On a positive note, I received my replacement atomizer today.

toros23,
Reactions: szai
Devastated? I'm sure he will survive.

Mr. Gweilo 420,

tylerj55

First time poster here.... just FYI I got 4 days out of the peak before the rainbow of death, seems like they're all faulty... the plate fell off the atomizer, looks like it was burnt out
Ok so if it’s burnt out I assume you ran it more than 4 times in a row which it says not to do in the manual. They should just send you a new one no problem though.

Justpassedu

Ok so if it’s burnt out I assume you ran it more than 4 times in a row which it says not to do in the manual. They should just send you a new one no problem though.
So you can't take more than 4 hits in a row with the peak ?

Justpassedu,

Terpstar

i love terpenes
One wire just gets pushed against the metal body so the silicon goes between it and the wire in the middle. I can shoot some pics in a few if it will help =)

Maybe you could put together a guide for this thread on taking apart and fixing/rebuilding the atomizer? I know i will need this at some point when i get mine.

I looked at your photobucket pictures and read your posts, but i am not following. I am sure others here would be thankful if you were able to put something together for us.

I figured id ask now before your posts and pictures regarding the matter get burried. I think your posts on this issue are the most important posts in the thread... a proper guide would save forum members time, frustration, and money...

Terpstar,

Niiizy_503

I received my Puffco Peak last weekend, n I immediately fell in love with how simple it works and operates.. last night while cleaning it, my card cap rolled off the table and broke in 2.. I crazy glued it together n it still works fine n all that, but it was definitely a bummer having a component break on sucha new product, I was wondering if anyone knows if puffco is offering replacement parts for sale just yet, or if there’s any other companies out there making them.. I contacted eternal quartz about an insert and hemisphere cap, but those hemisphere caps are running $90 right now, n after jus dropping $400 on the peak, I’d like to avoid dropping so much more $ on a replacement cap if possible.

Niiizy_503,

Niiizy_503

Does anyone know if the Peak can be used while it’s charging? I jus loaded a fat bowl of J1 live resin, n got the red ring of needing a battery charge.. my dr dabber Boost Black works while charging, but before trying it on the peak n potentially harming the inner components if it’s not ok to use while charging, I figured it’s worth asking.. I’ve browsed google n couldn’t find anything specific about using it while charging... i did see a video of someone ripping there’s, n it appeared to be plugged in, but I’m not 100% sure.

Niiizy_503,

aj0125

I sent the company a series of questions that I was curious about the peak one of them was if it had pass through charging. Their answer was that it does not have pass-through charging but you could use it while it was plugged in but it will not heat and charge at the same time. Based on that answer I think you’ll have to let it charge for a few minutes before you can use it.

Niiizy_503

I sent the company a series of questions that I was curious about the peak one of them was if it had pass through charging. Their answer was that it does not have pass-through charging but you could use it while it was plugged in but it will not heat and charge at the same time. Based on that answer I think you’ll have to let it charge for a few minutes before you can use it.
Yeah I just got it fired up n ripping like a beast while still plugged in.. took a good hr of charging before it’d heat up. Bout to cave n order the eternal quartz insert n hemisphere cap, it’s hard getting responses out of those guys though. I need a new cap n might as well get an upgrade.. I’m lovin the peak more n more every time I use it! Truly a kick ass product!

Piffdexter

Does anyone know a good way to clean the ceramic bowls without a torch?

Last edited:
Piffdexter,

aj0125

FYI @vinsonpuff has not been on since January and my buddy reached out to both him and the company directly about his defective glass tube issue and has still heard nothing from anyone. He’s getting pretty pissed...

aj0125,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Does anyone know a good way to clean the ceramic bowls without a torch?
You can do it two ways....
  1. As Puffco suggests, you can use a qtip and wipe the ceramic out while it is still hot/warm.
  2. You can dip a qtip into 91% Iso, and polish it up very well.

Vitolo,

Hoosier

Peak arrived a couple of hours ago. Charged fully in about 1 hr. Dropped somewhere between a bb and a small pea-sized ball of some sour diesel wax (almost crumble). Fired up a single cycle on green. Smooth, big rip. Noticeably different than any pen. Green power is perfect temp. Effects are on par with my enail—-I’m super high at the moment. Next session, I will try loading a little less, as I wiped out a lot (but have a surplus of meds, so no need to take dirty rips on my new toy). Need to grind down my hunipot. The hype is real.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I made a bunch of Boro Glass Inserts for the peak. They work really well, I dont know about the flavor though. I would Like some feedback if anyone wants em i just ask that you pay shipping.

I Can also make bubble caps as replacements for the peak if anyone needs a replacement caps.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
1st attempt at a puffco peak bubble cap. Messed up the handle cutting it off but It works really well, but doesnt stay on as well as the original cap without holding it there. Nice alternative for anyone that needs a replacement cap or doesnt like the puffco cap

3_F06_D8_BF-0_FDF-4425-8_CDB-47236_AA24_B27.jpg
3_F06_D8_BF-0_FDF-4425-8_CDB-47236_AA24_B27.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom