Puffco Peak

toros23

For me personally..... I don't think it is groundbreaking, I just need a quiet/portable/stable device for times when it is not easy to use my SLOP cups and thermals. I much prefer a torch/thermal to anything else out there, but there are times when I don't want to risk traveling with my expensive glass or times when a torch is too damn loud.

biohacker

Ask a professional carpet cleaner or repair man...hype and sales don't lead to the best product. Most I know will still recommend a bag vacum cleaner over a Dyson or other cannister vacs.

It was just a joke! My wife just settled for a Miele! lol :rofl:

Kinda how this Puffco thing is gonna play out. We'll hear how great it is, then see a rash of them for sale in the Classifieds section. WAAAAY Overpriced for what this is folks. What are the groundbreaking/innovative parts of this dealio?

Buzz killa! I hope you're wrong! :D

HD Springer

I might have pie on my face in a couple of mos. but almost $400 for a device that really just looks a little different from other portable enails. I just grabbed a portable enail/tank with quartz at almost a third of what this is selling for. I guess I don’t quite get it all. But that’s nothing new for me. I’m often a late adapter after the masses have spoken. At least when the device is over $300 that is.

When I first seen this on IG a week or two ago I thought it looked kind of cool.......but then I heard a price at over $350 and it made me take a closer look at just what your getting.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
That dish does look quite large! Where is @Sneaky Pete to tell us more? I would like to know the size of the dish.

It looks like a regular 510 thread possibly on the atomizer. Can you verify that @SneakyPeteVaporizers or is it a different size? Maybe its 610?

It also looks like it only heats from the bottom?

I agree with @HD Springer The cost is way too high for this and I don't see how it is that much better than the other options out there. It may look a little cleaner or have the small bong package factor but its not going to be long now before some Chinese company rips this off and sells something similar for 1/3 the price which is what its really worth IMO. I really do want one though! If I found $380 on the sidewalk today, I would totally buy it!

biohacker

Interesting Pete says it's "hard to make consistently good vapor"
I wonder why that is if the heating is all automated?

Where did he say that? I just skimmed the video again and at 5:15 he is saying how remarkably consistent it is. Did he say somewhere else that it is not?

5:04 - "super, super tasty"

5:15 - "you get a remarkably consistent experience with every single hit"

5:25 - "you can pass it around to people, you can have more of a session use, go back to back to back, and everyone's gonna get the same experience, and that's very cool

8:00 - "it's easy to create a lot of vapour, like look at the original puffco pro, but it's hard to make consistently good vapour"

8:11 - "It gives a consistent hit time after time after time"

:hmm::shrug:

Last edited:

toros23

The reviewer is speaking in general terms when he says it is hard to make consistently good vapor. He's not saying this in regards to the Peak performance and it seems pretty clear that he thinks the Peak gives consistent/good performance.

I am anxious to try and I hope this is a good option for folks who want to use a dab rig but cannot for various reasons. I also like that you can torch the ceramic bowl for cleaning.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The reviewer is speaking in general terms when he says it is hard to make consistently good vapor. He's not saying this in regards to the Peak performance and it seems pretty clear that he thinks the Peak gives consistent/good performance.

Are we watching the same video clip?
Pete literally says "My overall first impressions, the puffco peak is an exciting device... it's easy to create a lot of vapor... but its hard to make consistently good vapor."

biohacker

Are we watching the same video clip?
Pete literally says "My overall first impressions, the puffco peak is an exciting device... it's easy to create a lot of vapor... but its hard to make consistently good vapor."

That's what I thought too, but when he's referring to the Puffco Pro (8:00) and creating a lot of vapour but difficult to create consistent vapour, as @toros23 pointed out he's speaking in general terms, not about the Peak.

I think perhaps his editing kinda affected how someone could perceive this... regardless, I can't wait for an actual user review right here from someone that doesn't make a penny from their review, and thus shows ALL the negatives, and not just a few to balance out a review so the product still sells.

Danksta

@freshsqueezeddaily has some posts he shot over the weekend.

He seems to like it, but doesn't seem blown away by it. Doesn't seem suited for folks with a tolerance.

Danksta,

anasrzi

like the form and by the looks of it the vapors produced, looks slick and the carry case seems good quality. Wonder what the flavours like and if the bowls are just ceramic only?

Be nice to have some other options.

anasrzi,

toros23

Doesn't seem suited for folks with a tolerance.

Huh?? Care to elaborate?

Be nice to have some other options.

I agree, would be really nice to have SiC or some other option. In some of their IG posts they mentioned that they tested other materials for the bowl, but ceramic gave the most consistent results. They also said it could be torched repeatedly for cleaning.

Danksta

Huh?? Care to elaborate?

I agree, would be really nice to have SiC or some other option. In some of their IG posts they mentioned that they tested other materials for the bowl, but ceramic gave the most consistent results. They also said it could be torched repeatedly for cleaning.

You have to hit the boost button it seems to finish a dab. A couple times I think even.

Just seems under powered.

Danksta,

anasrzi

Could just up the power level from the start if it's hard to finish it off? The lowest tempo does sound a little on the low side of things, good job there's four to choose from.

@VapeFiend.com any idea when these will be coming in or being tested? i love my rig but having a portable, wireless enail with such a elegant form would be sweet to have around.

anasrzi,

toros23

You have to hit the boost button it seems to finish a dab. A couple times I think even.

Just seems under powered.

They say every vid they have shown has been on the lower power settings and it has looked really good IMO. Also, in the vids the CEO has been showing live on his IG account, he claims they are all .10 dabs on a low setting and the hits definitely appeared on par with a rig/nail. I am optimistic but probably because this is something I really want for convenience and something one of my friends really needs because she can't use a rig by herself.

Would really like a $199 price point

I agree, hopefully they lower the price soon. I can see how people are really turned off by the price. I can easily justify in my own mind when I think about how much my meds cost.

Danksta

They say every vid they have shown has been on the lower power settings and it has looked really good IMO. Also, in the vids the CEO has been showing live on his IG account, he claims they are all .10 dabs on a low setting and the hits definitely appeared on par with a rig/nail. I am optimistic but probably because this is something I really want for convenience and something one of my friends really needs because she can't use a rig by herself.

I'm hopeful too, but still trying to remain skeptical. I think this design is clever and I look forward to the lower priced knockoffs.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I think it will taste good since uptemp hits off ceramic are tasty, I'm just curious of the vapor path. I definitely like the idea of the rig, although I'm sure myself and many others would love to see something we can use with our own glass, since glass is such a personal thing.

Top Bottom