SquirrelMaster

Ya that's what my Guardian LE was as well. Puffco does a lot of "silent revisions" so it's not an actual official update/release but I spend a lot of time on Reddit and perhaps it's bs but some people were saying that the OG 3d's don't hit as hard as the newer.

It almost reminds me of yesteryear's grasshopper's.... all of mine worked, but some just hit harder/worked better. I feel like your Peak is working like my new Peak right now.... they work, but not like they are supposed to. If I can't get the performance out of my new peak pro as my Guardian after dealing with Support, I will be moving on! Fortunately my Proxy is absolutely crushing!
Your Guardian atty is a red version? My Guardian atty is definitely black on the very bottom and grey on the top ring. I don't recall red anywhere on mine but I'd have to double check.

I have my atty soaking in ISO right now and this is where I'd warn others not shake it around in an attempt to dry itfaster. I did that last time and then spent a good half hour wondering why I was getting flashing lights and then searching my floor for the little pin. I pushed it back in and all is well, but looking for a little piece while extremely stoned was difficult.

FWIW I saw Puffco support responding to an Instagram comment saying the only difference between the red and black attys is one comes with the device while the other is sold separate.
IMG-4216.jpg

lazylathe

Almost there...
Ya that's what my Guardian LE was as well. Puffco does a lot of "silent revisions" so it's not an actual official update/release but I spend a lot of time on Reddit and perhaps it's bs but some people were saying that the OG 3d's don't hit as hard as the newer.

It almost reminds me of yesteryear's grasshopper's.... all of mine worked, but some just hit harder/worked better. I feel like your Peak is working like my new Peak right now.... they work, but not like they are supposed to. If I can't get the performance out of my new peak pro as my Guardian after dealing with Support, I will be moving on! Fortunately my Proxy is absolutely crushing!

As far as I know only the Peak's are affected by this, their other devices seem to work really well. I know they updated the silicone for the Proxy so it would fit without popping up.

Not sure if they have updated the components inside to make the firmware run better??
I have not heard of revisions to the atty but who knows?
They only have the 3D chamber with red on it available for purchase in their store, so I would imagine it is still the older version. Will be interesting to see if they offer a specific version for the new LE.

It's the Apple of the vaping world...

@letter never sent

Thanks for clarifying this!!
I was under the same impression.
Just different silicone colors.
Everything else is exactly the same!

Last edit....
Just watched the new Peak Pro video on the Puffco site.
They actually show both atomizers for the LE

Last edited:

biohacker

Has Puffco acknowledged
As far as I know only the Peak's are affected by this, their other devices seem to work really well. I know they updated the silicone for the Proxy so it would fit without popping up.

What other devices? The Plus? That thing is a disaster after a 1/2g lol I had two Proxies...the desert slams, but the og black with the older silicone worked about 75% as good. Either some kind of atty revision or "break in period" lol

Not sure if they have updated the components inside to make the firmware run better??
I have not heard of revisions to the atty but who knows?

They definitely revised the Bluetooth BACKWARDS! Maybe you saw the comments on Discord.

There are a bunch of pics on Reddit of all of Puffco's "silent revisions". I'm sure a 3d is a 3d but it's been out for how long? 18 months? I'm confident that something has been upgraded/changed, and just one other explanation for why some slam harder than others. Or maybe just shoddy QC!

A properly working Pro w/3d should provide incredible vape output even at 490. If you watch Roger's streams, he's dabbing live hash rosin at 530 on max, and those clouds are what it's supposed to be. I can't even get that at 575 at the moment.

Bit disappointed with Puffco's CS so far. It's like they didn't even read my words, and just asked me questions I already answered/explained lol. I hope I can keep my new Peak Pro and be happy, but I also have no problem spending the cash on Carta2/Pockety instead.

EDIT: Appears as though it might be an app/glitch issue with the vapor control. @lazylathe what firmware are you running? AD-? Or are you still on AC-?

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Has Puffco acknowledged

What other devices? The Plus? That thing is a disaster after a 1/2g lol I had two Proxies...the desert slams, but the og black with the older silicone worked about 75% as good. Either some kind of atty revision or "break in period" lol

They definitely revised the Bluetooth BACKWARDS! Maybe you saw the comments on Discord.

There are a bunch of pics on Reddit of all of Puffco's "silent revisions". I'm sure a 3d is a 3d but it's been out for how long? 18 months? I'm confident that something has been upgraded/changed, and just one other explanation for why some slam harder than others. Or maybe just shoddy QC!

A properly working Pro w/3d should provide incredible vape output even at 490. If you watch Roger's streams, he's dabbing live hash rosin at 530 on max, and those clouds are what it's supposed to be. I can't even get that at 575 at the moment.

Bit disappointed with Puffco's CS so far. It's like they didn't even read my words, and just asked me questions I already answered/explained lol. I hope I can keep my new Peak Pro and be happy, but I also have no problem spending the cash on Carta2/Pockety instead.

EDIT: Appears as though it might be an app/glitch issue with the vapor control. @lazylathe what firmware are you running? AD-? Or are you still on AC-?

AC, although it says it's the latest update.

They will never admit fault to anything, it's always user error with Puffco devices...
Just what I see and read on Reddit from comments.

Puffco CS is aweful, just check Reddit.

biohacker

AC, although it says it's the latest update.

They release the updates in batches. I think only the new peak pro's have the AD-.

Puffco CS is aweful, just check Reddit.

Actually think there is a class action, but i've read about a lot of good experiences too. However, it might not even matter because i'm back in business and finally operating on all cylinders again 100%! The vape control thing popped up again so i'm not sure if that triggered anything (already went through it a while ago) but Dustin on the Discord said it's just a glitch and reminder or some shit so I don't know for sure, but my app did have some weird glitching at one point. He said he had the same issue as me and the reason was because the chamber wasn't seated 100% correctly. Going to keep an eye on that but so far i'm way happier than I was with my Guardian! The new Joystick is awesome! I'm crushing on max in the low 500's again.... flavour country AND clouds! Fingers crossed that it lasts! lol

Pinehurst

I googled but only found info on errors.... Any ideas why my pro continues to display the current profiles lighting theme long after the session has ended? It lasts until I turn the device off.

Pinehurst,
Reactions: LesPlenty

SquirrelMaster

Peak Top by @eternalflameworks (IG and web), just came in. I highly recommend anyone interested in a Peak top or Proxy attachment (he does rigs and Carta as well) check out his website and keep an eye on his auctions on IG. He makes a wide variety of styles.

I googled but only found info on errors.... Any ideas why my pro continues to display the current profiles lighting theme long after the session has ended? It lasts until I turn the device off.
I've had that happen a couple times. I have a list of things to try if my Peak is acting wacky. Usually step 1 fixes me, step 2 every once in a while, and the others (not necessarily in this order) if it's acting really weird.
1- quit app, re-open
2 - quit app, cycle blutooth power on phone, open app
3 - turn off peak, quit app, cycle bluetooth, turn on peak, open app
4 - remove peak from app, close app, remove peak from phone. Reconnect peak to phone like any other Bluetooth device. You will get an error message that you need an app to connect. Keep clicking and it will connect.
Open app, add peak.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@biohacker

Peak Pro has been ripping up a storm lately! Still high temps but the flavor and clouds are awesome!!
Ditched the 3D and have been using my 3G3D chamber and it's working so much better than the 3D.
Ordered the new 5D Ruby insert from JCVAP tonight! They have a 25% off sale.

Also that Pockety looks amazing!!! Just ask @LesPlenty

lazylathe

Almost there...
I'm still dealing with Support! They sent a replacement atty which doesn't make any difference so I need a new base and/or glass I guess. I thought you sold your kit!

Nope, decided to hang onto it!
From everything I have read, it seems that most units need to run hotter to perform well. There are a few posting at lower temps but most seem to be over 500F.
Also there seems to be a lot of people hopping into the Carta train and they also say they can vape at around 100+F lower than they can on their Peak Pro's. That tells me a lot!!

I am using my 3G3D atomizer at the moment and it's ripping nicely at 575F. Super flavourful and tasty! Shows up as a 3D, which is cool!
Only 50 bucks!

Ordered a new JCVAP 5D ICA atomizer with a Ruby insert a day or so ago. The new ones show up as 3D atomizers so you can use all the new features!
They have a 25% off sale at the moment.

I have only been using my Pro for this whole week and have not touched any of my other devices for concentrates.

Good luck getting your sorted with Puffco! Hopefully they come through for you!!

biohacker

From everything I have read, it seems that most units need to run hotter to perform well. There are a few posting at lower temps but most seem to be over 500F.

The default settings should RIP. That means red 530 on max intensity should make you smile big time. Even green 510. I think we have different issues though because my base is fucked lol. One dude got a replacement and the replacement is DOA as well! lol

Also there seems to be a lot of people hopping into the Carta train and they also say they can vape at around 100+F lower than they can on their Peak Pro's. That tells me a lot!!

Just means they are measuring temps at different places. From what i've read the Carta hits too hot and the Pro is way better for flavour but that might be explained by the 3d chamber differences.

have only been using my Pro for this whole week and have not touched any of my other devices for concentrates.

Why over everything else? And for how long until it shits again? lol Why not Carta?

biohacker,

lazylathe

Almost there...
The default settings should RIP. That means red 530 on max intensity should make you smile big time. Even green 510. I think we have different issues though because my base is fucked lol. One dude got a replacement and the replacement is DOA as well! lol

Just means they are measuring temps at different places. From what i've read the Carta hits too hot and the Pro is way better for flavour but that might be explained by the 3d chamber differences.

Why over everything else? And for how long until it shits again? lol Why not Carta?
Should... The all encompassing word! Lots of things "should" work but most work differently.
Possibly their QC is up the creek?
Also heard of some being sent refurbished bases as new, another good job for Puffco.

As for Rogers Pro you mentioned a while back. Don't you think he would have the absolute best device they ever produced? Most likely fine tuned to be perfect, notikw our mass produced versions.
Just my two cents on his involvement...

Who actually know where the temp is correctly measured?? Seen some people testing it with readers and the temps are way off.
We are just pissing into the wind with all our guessing...😂

Just giving it a good chance at redeeming itself.

For me the flavor and taste is outstanding at the temps I am using it at. Actually makes me drool which the other do not do.

It would be interesting to do a survey of who actually uses the standard settings and who modifies them for a different experience.

Oden

Nope, decided to hang onto it!

I am using my 3G3D atomizer at the moment and it's ripping nicely at 575F. Super flavourful and tasty! Shows up as a 3D, which is cool!
Only 50 bucks!

Ordered a new JCVAP 5D ICA atomizer with a Ruby insert a day or so ago. The new ones show up as 3D atomizers so you can use all the new features!
They have a 25% off sale at the moment.

I have only been using my Pro for this whole week and have not touched any of my other devices for concentrates.

Good luck getting your sorted with Puffco! Hopefully they come through for you!!
You can also add this get15off coupon to enjoy 15% on the JCVAP site.
It's cool that he offers this coupon for the community.
With the sales of 25 % more I made good deals 🤑

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Most likely fine tuned to be perfect
I have watched a couple of Rogers videos and he has quite a few different units on the go at a time, stock, upgraded and prototypes for testing and no doubt he has a favourite...or 2.
I run my Pro with ICA ruby at 450f-500f.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: lazylathe

biohacker

As for Rogers Pro you mentioned a while back. Don't you think he would have the absolute best device they ever produced? Most likely fine tuned to be perfect, notikw our mass produced versions.

Naw, when working right 530 max will give the same vape output as Roger's... there isn't anything magical going on with his piatella or whatever lol. He actually opened a brand new one up on his live a few weeks ago. He also broke a hot knife live lol

For me the flavor and taste is outstanding at the temps I am using it at. Actually makes me drool which the other do not do.

Hahahahaha you too!? So I assume the flavour better than the Carta then?

What's your app register your temps at? Do they bounce around much or stay within a few degrees?

lazylathe

Almost there...
Naw, when working right 530 max will give the same vape output as Roger's... there isn't anything magical going on with his piatella or whatever lol. He actually opened a brand new one up on his live a few weeks ago. He also broke a hot knife live lol

Hahahahaha you too!? So I assume the flavour better than the Carta then?

What's your app register your temps at? Do they bounce around much or stay within a few degrees?

Not sure if it is better than the Carta, will have to try it again but I never had issues with flavor or clouds with the Carta.

The app registers whatever I set it as but it does vary a few degrees up and down during the session.
When it gets close to the endz the temp starts to drop before the session finishes.
Would be nice just to keep the temp stable, right till the end.

Does the Pro have a reset feature?
The Carta you can calibrate the atomizer, so it is in the correct temp range.

Found this:

Will work through a few reset options and see if anything improves!

Last edited:

biohacker

Not sure if it is better than the Carta, will have to try it again but I never had issues with flavor or clouds with the Carta.

Lemme know! Everything i've read says the Carta hits too hot and gives a slightly off flavour because the floor is heating too. I think it depends on usage because i'm not sure what you mean by the temp falling near the end of the session? I always decide when I end my session, all my timers are 2 mins. I've never seen that.

Does the Pro have a reset feature?
The Carta you can calibrate the atomizer, so it is in the correct temp range.

I think you can reset by holding the button for a certain amount of time. Not sure on all of these temps, reminds me of the Grasshopper! lol Some hit great and hot and others were anemic. All that matters is the vape output so even at 575 you have PLENTY of bandwidth left! I don't understand how anyone can get ACCURATE ouput in the low 400's. Low 400's with a terpometer wouldn't do much with my ruby torch dabs. I always hovered around 500. I'm going to toss up some vids on discord, maybe even 490.

Will work through a few reset options and see if anything improves!

:rockon:

lazylathe

Almost there...
I have watched a couple of Rogers videos and he has quite a few different units on the go at a time, stock, upgraded and prototypes for testing and no doubt he has a favourite...or 2.
I run my Pro with ICA ruby at 450f-500f.

Does your ICA ruby show up as a 3D?
Mine shows up as a regular atomizer.

My 3G3D chamber has that extra wire on the base and it shows up as a 3D.
Wonder if the 5D can be modified to show up as a 3D?

EDIT!!!! And a damn good edit as well!!
Figured out how to modify the atomizer to show up as a 3D!!
Full features including Vapor Control now!!!

Last edited:

Bababouy

What kind of magic did you have to do to make it work?
Please share the magic. My “5d ICA” has been sitting since the day I got a 3D chamber let alone any iteration of the 3grams chamber I have tried. They are finicky but they have blown the puffco 3D out of the water. Granted I have not checked them out since the intensity update came out.

Bababouy,
Reactions: LesPlenty

lazylathe

Almost there...
@buckhakeesah @Bababouy @LesPlenty

for a change this is easy and quick!!!

First you will need some supplies!!
Wire cutters and some thin wire. I used two strands of wire twisted together for strength and it's easier to work with.

20230718-101703.jpg

Now remove the center gold pin from the bottom of the atomizer.
Form a loop in the twisted wire and twist the wires together so that the loop is tight against the pin.
Leave the wire long for now as this helps you seat the gold pin again!!
Once the gold pin is back in place, cut the wire and leave a short length that you can tuck under the black silicone grommet.
The wire needs solid contact with the base.

20230718-101719.jpg

Attach to pro and enjoy Vapor Intensity!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I just put mine on the charger...no lights at all but the haptic feedback still functions.
Is it with the stock OG atty(I would not like to play with that as it is getting older), OEM 3D(not got myself), or JCVap OG, JCVap 5D atty (whew)...and why modify if my 4x atty setups all seem to be working fine in my PPP or Pockety (I am guessing it has better contact or something).:hmm:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: lazylathe
Top Bottom