POTV Lobo

RadarV00

So would you guys say this is better than the POTV ONE and XMax V3 Pro?
I have both the POTV One and XMax V3 Pro. Both are great vapes. However, I have not used either since the Lobo debuted. In fact, I gave my POTV One to a friend to try vaping. I feel that my friend will like the introduction to vaping with the One.
The LOBO is a real work horse . Most of the accessories from POTV One & XMax V3 Pro fit the LOBO. I use the glass step-up WPA for home/desktop and a Simrell Blackwood Stem +Stinger mouthpiece when going portable.
It works like a Swiss knife...

futzboy

Let's talk about the stainless steel screens for a minute. They are 1cm diameter. I have been unable to find 1cm diameter stainless steel mesh screens ANYWHERE but directly from POTV at $1 each. (Compare this to less than $10 for a 500-pack for 3/8" or 1/2" screens from other sellers.) Neither size works for the Lobo ... it's a real "Goldilocks" situation, the 3/8" is just a bit too small. The 1/2" is just a bit too big.

Does anyone have a source (or tool) for cheaper replacement screens? $1 each makes them just a little too expensive to treat as disposable. But, it's a PITA to save them and soak a batch in ISO every few weeks.

I reached out to pipescreenz.com a couple weeks ago but never heard back.

Advice?

Jojofernz

Let's talk about the stainless steel screens for a minute. They are 1cm diameter. I have been unable to find 1cm diameter stainless steel mesh screens ANYWHERE but directly from POTV at $1 each. (Compare this to less than $10 for a 500-pack for 3/8" or 1/2" screens from other sellers.) Neither size works for the Lobo ... it's a real "Goldilocks" situation, the 3/8" is just a bit too small. The 1/2" is just a bit too big.

Does anyone have a source (or tool) for cheaper replacement screens? $1 each makes them just a little too expensive to treat as disposable. But, it's a PITA to save them and soak a batch in ISO every few weeks.

Advice?
I unfortunately don’t have any source for you to get more screens, but if you use dosing capsules, I wouldn’t even bother with the screen. I popped it out and don’t use it since I use dosing capsules all the time. Slightly more airflow too!

Robert-in-YEG

Advice?
In the XMax V3 Pro, the screen from a Flowermate fits fairly well. Not sure if it's 1cm, but it might fit.

Screens are an important consumable. They can be a long lasting consumable, but inevitably they get lost, or clogged, or damaged, and not having the right screen can cripple an otherwise useful vape.

Robert-in-YEG

Old Stoner1958

Advice?
Amazon has these

Mndeadhead

Decided to order a Lobo late thursday night after watching the replay of the live stream, and finally getting my refund for an unfulfilled Venty order. it came today (a day earlier than promised) and I just had my first bowl. I’m impressed. It’s smaller than I anticpated, which is perfect for me. I’ve been trying to find the perfect out and about vape, but they are all either too big, too small, take too long to heat up, etc. The only thing this doesn’t have is on demand, which is fine with me. I have others that can do it, and I rarely ever use it. I use the Hammer and Anvil on a daily basis, and either the Angus or the AVLP when I am out an about. I took the first hit on the Lobo and immediately looked at the vape because my stuff hadn’t been tasting all that bright.For me personally it tastes better than the AVLP, but I realize that is subjective. I really like my Angus, but its hefty and it runs hot, so its not my first choice. I’m sure the Venty is far better, and i am sure I will grab it at some point, but so far, I really like the form factor, the flavor and the hits from this little fella, for a ridiculously reasonable price. Well done @stickstones and the rest of the POTV team.

ChooChooCharlie

thanks @Old Stoner1958 for posting the screen link, but POTV may not share the same sentiment

(I got cheap screens that fit Bowle pots on amazon, so I'm with you, also with you on the '58 birth date :myday:)

uninformed, well-intentioned, critics of screen disposal vs screen cleaning overlook water waste, iso waste, time and effort waste

such thin tiny screens, 100 of them fit in envelope, not a landfill issue, it's a water saving issue

(Edit: it's also a money saving issue -- look at screen vs iso cost)
(second Edit: avoiding that annoying smelly cleaning time and effort is also worth tossing out old screens)

Last edited:

Moysh

Battery won't charge in device no big deal for me since I use a separate charger. So not great but ok.
What charger will charge the Lobo battery? Would LOVE to have one!!

First time reviewing.
<snip>
My use: I've been running the Lobo with lightly packed (or non-packed) dosing capsules. I measured the contents of my very lightly packed capsule at 0.12g. I set the session timer to 5 min which is really a 4:15 session.
How do you set the session timer on the Lobo???

Moysh,

futzboy

Moysh- I searched for 18650 charger and got lots of different results. There is at least one compatible charger for sale at POTV. I bought mine from 18650batterystore.com before they were in stock at POTV.

Press and hold the big button and the temp up button to get to the menu and adjust the session timer.

Moysh

Moysh- I searched for 18650 charger and got lots of different results. There is at least one compatible charger for sale at POTV. I bought mine from 18650batterystore.com before they were in stock at POTV.

Press and hold the big button and the temp up button to get to the menu and adjust the session timer.
Beautiful! Thank you very much!

Moysh,

XpeeN

Next time, please edit your comment and keep writing there (you can edit in a few hours window and as long as no one comment after that)
What charger will charge the Lobo battery? Would LOVE to have one!!
There's a thread about it. AFAIK xtar and nitecore chargers are the top brands for bang for the buck chargers

Moysh

Next time, please edit your comment and keep writing there (you can edit in a few hours window and as long as no one comment after that)

There's a thread about it. AFAIK xtar and nitecore chargers are the top brands for bang for the buck chargers
Didn't see it, but appreciate it!

Moysh,

StoneyBeached

Picked up a lobo on Black Friday sale Sunday night. Delivered today, pretty damn fast considering the holiday yesterday. I choose the green as it is my wife's favorite color and thought I could use that as a good excuse if she got mad that I bought yet another vape. Look babe I got it for you! It didn't work but that's ok, after a few bowls I can say any complaining I might hear is worth it. I'm really impressed by almost everything on the lobo, the build quality, the price and the especially the vapor it produces. I mainly wanted a small handheld that was cheap(er), discreet with replaceable batteries. My first impression is that this was a great purchase. Like most here, I own quite a few different type/style vapes and the lobo will have a place in the rotation.

djelibebbi

AKA djelimon, but lost the email
After wading through everything, I pulled the trigger. It was that or an old school mighty. I need a portable as my days of single dadhood are coming to an end - I'm getting married again with more kids to be in the house, and the vaping room will become a bedroom. I will be roaming the streets to get my buzz on and you can't do that with a Plenty.

I was sorely tempted to go S&B. I have an Arizer airmax and it's not baaad but I want something that hits more, is more convection oriented. S&B products were a consideration but no replaceable batteries in 2023 seems ungood.

Hope it lasts longer than my Tera did (about 3 months) , but based on design it should

krvnked

Just ordered a black lobo and used 15 dollar gift card towards 32 caps. Looking forward to making this my main device. Thank you healthy rips for introducing me to vapor+caps, it's been real.

I want to give nod to POTV for doing thoughtful design changes like rubberized buttons and side placed USB C for those of us that use magnetic charger cables as opposed to placing the charger on the bottom of the device . . . the little things matter and don't go unnoticed to those that appreciate subtleties

XpeeN

The Lobo may visually remind some of other vapes, like the ONE, but the heat exchanger is different and more robust. The goal was to make a vape with more oomph (or as I like to call it, calorie rich), and the solution was a preheat chamber to more deeply saturate the air stream with those calories. The result is a quicker extraction that has more punch. POTV is working on a video animating the design.
Stilll waiting for this video ngl

Blackbeen

I took the dive on a Green one with the Cyber Monday discount but I'm trying to cash out the gift card for the water pipe adapter & its not taking it, anyone else have this problem? I did the same just about exactly a year ago with the Arizer XQ2 without an issue. 🤷‍♂️

Blackbeen,
Reactions: seedy53

djelibebbi

AKA djelimon, but lost the email
so my impressions...
makes the one look like a toy
the bubble attachment is great
will need a small tin if dumping capsules on the go
straight in the chamber starts gunking the mesh. My legal stuff is north of 30% for reference.
based on roast of avb could probably go coarser and sub in less fine screen?
definitely caps for hash sammiches

Mr. Natural

Have vape, will travel
Have been experimenting on my green lobo received 2 days ago.

TODAY: 2 sessions on one loosley-packed capsule:

Capsule Load: .06 gram

1st session: Heat up to 380 (w/cap):

47-50 sec. to temp

(Three 3-second hits b4 shut-off;
3 weaker hits while cooling
down)

2nd sesh: 3 hits during warm-up:
(-325, 350, 380 deg)

THEN: 3 hits @ 410 deg

EVEN, TOASTY EXTRACTION!

Last edited: