POTV Lobo

Psychoholic

I received my lobo the other day.
Since then I've had several days to use it on the road and in my house.
I've never had a flower made before and for this being a straight out of the box product it worked great from the beginning and still is doing good.
For someone who doesn't know anything about flower vaping and only knowing stuff about nicotine Vapes / wax Vapes it's been pretty straightforward and easy to use.
The first few days it was tough to figure out where I like to vape it.
Haven't had no clue the proper temperatures that most people made bad and where the terpenes are best that but I've been hitting it anywhere from 370 up to 410 to finish it off.
One thing that I'm happy with is I notice a difference in my breathing already now that I'm not actually smoking.
I was a habitual everyday smoker for sure still am just vaping now not smoking. I can tell I'm coughing out most of the mucus that's been building up in my lungs for years lol.
And my actual breathing capacity feels like it's increased some which is nice.
Sorry I'm not good at writing this type of things but hopefully you get the gist.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I received my lobo the other day.
Since then I've had several days to use it on the road and in my house.
I've never had a flower made before and for this being a straight out of the box product it worked great from the beginning and still is doing good.
For someone who doesn't know anything about flower vaping and only knowing stuff about nicotine Vapes / wax Vapes it's been pretty straightforward and easy to use.
The first few days it was tough to figure out where I like to vape it.
Haven't had no clue the proper temperatures that most people made bad and where the terpenes are best that but I've been hitting it anywhere from 370 up to 410 to finish it off.
One thing that I'm happy with is I notice a difference in my breathing already now that I'm not actually smoking.
I was a habitual everyday smoker for sure still am just vaping now not smoking. I can tell I'm coughing out most of the mucus that's been building up in my lungs for years lol.
And my actual breathing capacity feels like it's increased some which is nice.
Sorry I'm not good at writing this type of things but hopefully you get the gist.
Amazing, you have been on FC for 10 years and just tried your first dry herb vaporizer?
Glad it's going well!

Being using the Lobo for over a month now, haven't touched my AVP Legacy or combusted in my one hitter at all and have been extremely happy with the device. I vape a bowl every evening and 2 or 3 times a day during the weekend so I have only been needing to clean it maybe once each week, simple as hell. I have charged it in my car, from my desktop and from a wall plug in, no issues, it has operated flawlessly.

My 1 and only complaint is still, that the vapor can be hot when using just the stock stem. I do have the longer globe stem and have been using that a lot but now, I am pretty much only using the mini bubbler and love it. I can rip this thing at a higher temp, get great flavor and cool vapor, at first I had doubts because I didn't know how portable the mini bubbler would be, thinking how the water wouldn't come out if it was in your pocket but the only way to get the water out is to blow on either end. I will say you need to replace the water after a few vape sessions because with such a small amount of water it can, not look bad but stink.

I have decided I am going to get a Venty once all the bugs have been worked out, I think I was sold when Troy stated he had not been hitting Desktop Ball Vape since because it is so good at what it does. I think the Venty and Lobo would be all I needed, the Venty for when I am at home chilling and the Lobo for going out since it is so much more portable than the Venty.

seedy53

Being using the Lobo for over a month now, haven't touched my AVP Legacy or combusted in my one hitter at all and have been extremely happy with the device. I vape a bowl every evening and 2 or 3 times a day during the weekend so I have only been needing to clean it maybe once each week, simple as hell. I have charged it in my car, from my desktop and from a wall plug in, no issues, it has operated flawlessly.

My 1 and only complaint is still, that the vapor can be hot when using just the stock stem. I do have the longer globe stem and have been using that a lot but now, I am pretty much only using the mini bubbler and love it. I can rip this thing at a higher temp, get great flavor and cool vapor, at first I had doubts because I didn't know how portable the mini bubbler would be, thinking how the water wouldn't come out if it was in your pocket but the only way to get the water out is to blow on either end. I will say you need to replace the water after a few vape sessions because with such a small amount of water it can, not look bad but stink.

I have decided I am going to get a Venty once all the bugs have been worked out, I think I was sold when Troy stated he had not been hitting Desktop Ball Vape since because it is so good at what it does. I think the Venty and Lobo would be all I needed, the Venty for when I am at home chilling and the Lobo for going out since it is so much more portable than the Venty.
i doubt lobo producers better quality vapor than avlp --stock unit vs stock unit without cooling/flavor enhancing accessories.

i doubt lobo producers better quality vapor than avlp --stock unit vs stock unit without cooling/flavor enhancing accessories.
I just cleanup my Legacy Pro and filled a first bowl of the day with the same amount of herb that I have been dosing with in the Lobo. I can say that the LP does have more flavor and the flavor lasted longer, I also feel it does have a bit more airflow than the Lobo but the clean up on the ALP has just turned me off to it.

Another difference I see and this is using the same amount of herb/temp in both units, when I dump the avb of the Lobo out it looks more uniformly cashed than the ALP's, with the ALP's being darker on the bottom, lighter at the top. All this is just my opinion and I have only been vaping for 8 months also.

seedy53

I just cleanup my Legacy Pro and filled a first bowl of the day with the same amount of herb that I have been dosing with in the Lobo. I can say that the LP does have more flavor and the flavor lasted longer, I also feel it does have a bit more airflow than the Lobo but the clean up on the ALP has just turned me off to it.

Another difference I see and this is using the same amount of herb/temp in both units, when I dump the avb of the Lobo out it looks more uniformly cashed than the ALP's, with the ALP's being darker on the bottom, lighter at the top. All this is just my opinion and I have only been vaping for 8 months also.
the alp requires more specialized cleaning tools and you really only need a detail cleaning of once or twice a month. i wipe clean my bowl, side-oven screen, and micro-dose wheel wipe down with a iso pad daily though, it takes about 2 min and a deep clean 10 to 15min-2 times a month.

i can not bad-mouth the lobo. it is a great unit, but it's vapor qualities are not superior to the alp. that is all i'm saying. go lobo. lol:love::wave:

Old Stoner1958

How does this produce vapor at low temps(350 or so). I have seen a couple videos where trhe HR Roge works better at low temps. I am not a water user so I dint need high temps.

seedy53

How does this produce vapor at low temps(350 or so). I have seen a couple videos where trhe HR Roge works better at low temps. I am not a water user so I dint need high temps.
not many hybrid or full convection vaps will produce a good bit of vapor at 350f.
you'll have better luck with a full conduction device, like the starry 4 at that temp setting.

seedy53,
  • Wow
Reactions: Petetbay

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
For the most part I've been temp stepping starting at 370F and finishing off the bowl at max (430F). 370F is my starting temp for everything including my bubbler and/or the glass stem that allows me to use it like a Solo.

Before someone asks ... I'm not sure where I got the glass stem that fits inside the oven like a Solo stem. Its NOT a Solo stem because the Solo stems are too wide and don't fit. Maybe its from the discontinued first version HR Fierce I threw out when I couldn't get the stink out of it.

I'll give 350F a try tonight with the short stem that comes with it and report back.

futzboy

I start at 355 and step to 385. I get most of my action after the 370 mark. A bit of vapor at the lower temps. But, not much.

Keep in mind, I've never done a full session at 355 (or 350 for that matter). I am guessing you'd get a bit more vapor as the bowl and contents fill up. Another note: I always using dosing caps. Not sure whether or not that matters.

His_Highness

For the most part I've been temp stepping starting at 370F and finishing off the bowl at max (430F). 370F is my starting temp for everything including my bubbler and/or the glass stem that allows me to use it like a Solo.

Before someone asks ... I'm not sure where I got the glass stem that fits inside the oven like a Solo stem. Its NOT a Solo stem because the Solo stems are too wide and don't fit. Maybe its from the discontinued first version HR Fierce I threw out when I couldn't get the stink out of it.

I'll give 350F a try tonight with the short stem that comes with it and report back.
Used the Lobo with the small stem that it comes with. I started hitting it as soon as it reached 350F since that's how I've been using it normally. The first hit is usually "ok" for me and I appreciate not having to wait. The second hit is where the goodness happens and it was pretty much the same at 350F.

- First hit was wispy but worth it. Not as productive as starting at a higher temp but that's to be expected. Pretty sure letting it heat soak a little would improve production.
- Second hit was mid-level cloudy. More than a wispy hit but not show stopping.
- Third hit was a little more productive.
- Fourth hit I decided to use it on my bubbler so I could watch the vapor coming through. I pulled the OEM stem out a little so it would seal on the bubbler and gave it a semi-hard pull and got a better hit than before.

Taste was muted after the third hit and there was no harshness. As I'm writing this I'm nicely toasted. I don't have a HR Roge to compare with.

Still much prefer starting at 370F. 350F isn't satisfying for me even though I got a nice buzz..

Last edited:

seedy53

In my experience 350 is fine in many vapes
what hybrid devices or convections devices give good vapor at 350f? i really would like to know what models do that cause i get wisp of vapor on almost all my battery vaps ( not conduction units). i get a little more in my vb1.5 convection unit on my 3rd draw. nothing one first draw on anything else except my starry 4, after a 30 sec heat soak.

seedy53,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
what hybrid devices or convections devices give good vapor at 350f? i really would like to know what models do that cause i get wisp of vapor on almost all my battery vaps ( not conduction units). i get a little more in my vb1.5 convection unit on my 3rd draw. nothing one first draw on anything else except my starry 4, after a 30 sec heat soak.

Well, this one, clearly, not that I have it, but based on the reports above... Not sure how you might define good vapor of course, but I like low temp vapor, especially with pure convection, and even moreso with session hybrid (it's different for every vape and kind of off topic to continue discussing it here to be honest, that's why all I said was pretty general based on my experience using 350 across every vape I have used basically)

Last edited:

nicedreamz74

Been using it every day over Mighty, Crafty, Firewood 7, XQ2, , Multiple Dynavaps, POTV Ones, etc. Using w WPA into a recycler - 375f to 420f. Easy as it gets, really. Definitely scoring a backup for BF. Curved bubbler hit was also tight.

At this price-point and knowing their CS is top notch, I don't see how this thing isn't representing good value.

Jojofernz

Been using it every day over Mighty, Crafty, Firewood 7, XQ2, , Multiple Dynavaps, POTV Ones, etc. Using w WPA into a recycler - 375f to 420f. Easy as it gets, really. Definitely scoring a backup for BF. Curved bubbler hit was also tight.

At this price-point and knowing their CS is top notch, I don't see how this thing isn't representing good value.
Ease of use and performance is why I keep using it every single day! Hits great with curved bubbler or even globe stem but I agree WPA into a piece is my favorite way to get it chugging!

A second one wouldn’t be a bad idea at the price!

Jojofernz

I don’t have any of those vapes unfortunately, only one I can personally compare it to is the rogue. And it’s hard to say one is “better” than the other cause I really like them both. And they hit a little bit different than one another.

I prefer the Lobo but that is because I think it brings out flavor more, feels nicer/lighter in my hand, and the removable batteries for sure. In the past I’ve been out with the rogue and ran out of battery life before weed I had on me.

The rogue hits hard and consistent as well though, when I come back to it so I wouldn’t get rid of it as it’s a nice back up and to use when my fiancé takes the Lobo.

I have a friend here though that owns the one and a solo II so I perhaps can hit some sessions with him or do a swap for a bit and see how they feel to me. Though I think these comparisons will have to go to another thread. Edit: I forgot my other buddy just bought his wife a V3 Pro so I can also get a few sessions with that over the holiday get togethers.

Robert-in-YEG

Or the Solo II.
The Solo II is pure conduction. It is not an air-fryer.

The Solo is a wonderful unit. Simplicity has its benefits.

My itch is for an additional air-fryer. I enjoy the Tera V3, but it is fussy. The XMax V3 Pro has its ups and downs. The Fog Pro cooks OK, but the 'sippy straw' is less than ideal on the bong. All three work OK, but can be fussy with certain flower. It would be nice to have a stronger heater, and a unit that can handle extended bong sessions. The Tera works great with a bong, but the WPA gets very hot and can be a problem.

What I am itching for is another convection vape that has its own proper mouthpiece, and is suitable for use with a bong.

Now the itching is worse. VAS is a terrible affliction................

Robert-in-YEG

His_Highness

So would you guys say this is better than the POTV ONE and XMax V3 Pro?

IMO the Lobo is better than the ONE. Functionally they're close enough to almost be apples to apples in comparison.

I also like the Lobo better than the Xmax V3 Pro. The Lobo just feels like it has more power and better battery life and I've found different ways to use the Lobo that the V3 Pro can't match. Don't get me wrong though....I do love the V3 Pro and it gets into my daily rotation often.

I passed on the Solo II because I liked the OG Solo better so I bought a bunch of the OGs when they went on sale after the SOLO II came out. I don't think its a fair comparison though as the SOLO has more conduction than the Lobo and isn't a pocket carry. I think this comparison comes under personal preference more and is situational. On a daily basis I use the Lobo more simply because it heats up faster and has a bigger bowl.

Jojofernz

The Solo II is pure conduction. It is not an air-fryer.

The Solo is a wonderful unit. Simplicity has its benefits.

My itch is for an additional air-fryer. I enjoy the Tera V3, but it is fussy. The XMax V3 Pro has its ups and downs. The Fog Pro cooks OK, but the 'sippy straw' is less than ideal on the bong. All three work OK, but can be fussy with certain flower. It would be nice to have a stronger heater, and a unit that can handle extended bong sessions. The Tera works great with a bong, but the WPA gets very hot and can be a problem.

What I am itching for is another convection vape that has its own proper mouthpiece, and is suitable for use with a bong.

Now the itching is worse. VAS is a terrible affliction................

Robert-in-YEG
If it means anything, I love the Lobo on the bong, probably my favorite way to use it, running 2-3 caps through it each time. And I usually run it around 3 minutes lower temps between 365-380 then another 3 minutes 410-430.

Stock mp can be hot but curved bubbler and globe stem make it really tolerable even at high temps.

Top Bottom