POTV Lobo

Jojofernz

Just got my green one in! Love love love the color on it and the feel in hand! Gonna let the battery it came with charge up while I do some things then give it some test runs.

I also don’t know how to post photos here but I’ll try to figure that out later. Very happy with the color and size!

Petetbay

Do you typically take long draws, or something less than 5 seconds long?
Long and slow is my usual tactic, anywhere from 5-20 sec dependent on the device and type of resistance.
And lastly, do you mostly use it as designed, or with some sort of glass insert like the Fierce?
Again dependent on device always trying to get the device to perform the best I can for me, whether to improve draw resistance or cooling, the use of glass stems is just trying to perfect the use of the device, sometimes it works, sometimes not, sometimes just to use it in a different way than usual. I vape a lot of old school hash and always looking for grail of devices to vape hash, still looking.
‘Nice to converse Jerry, I have tremendous respect for you, Troy not so much.:bowdown:

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
@Petetbay You’ve written extensively over many post providing as accurate and unbiased view as possible for members considering the Lobo as their next potential vape. Thank you.

Idk but if the Lobo heater is more than capable of pumping out heat at higher temps 380F plus, most people will be satisfied. Maybe it’s just as simple as a firmware/software tweak to have consistent performance at lower to mid range temps for the others.

POTV has always gone above and beyond in their CS in my interactions with them. I'm sure POTV and @stickstones appreciate your feed back as they want to get this right as always.
POTV photo
grlobo.png

pajamaphobia

Mine is set to show up tomorrow, ordered the green bundle on the 19th. Followed this site for a while, but finally signed up from following this vape, and the budget bubbler thread.

I don't think it's been mentioned, but the bundle with all the glass attachment pieces is only 7 dollars more, granted they're all clear (black for the curved) with no color choice.

Which worked out nicely for me as my first glass piece should show up tomorrow as well, and I wouldn't have picked the wpa with it.

4-Aces King-High

Mine is set to show up tomorrow, ordered the green bundle on the 19th. Followed this site for a while, but finally signed up from following this vape, and the budget bubbler thread.

I don't think it's been mentioned, but the bundle with all the glass attachment pieces is only 7 dollars more, granted they're all clear (black for the curved) with no color choice.

Which worked out nicely for me as my first glass piece should show up tomorrow as well, and I wouldn't have picked the wpa with it.
I messed up and ordered at LOBO price of $159.will have to use my gift card to get a variety of water pieces for the LOBO.Ordered the Green LOBO and IS Out for Delivery today for some ‘testing’, Cheers

Jojofernz

I wanna sit down and give a better write up when I have the time, but first night with the Lobo was excellent! Tasty sessions and very satisfying clouds. Works good with the stock glass mouthpiece but really shines with the bubbler, or especially with the WPA and through a glass piece.

It gets a bit harsh at the higher temps, which is why the water cooling really helps.

I also can get some good flavor, but not great vapor below 380 degrees but if I really want some clouds gotta 390 or above, really I like 400-420. The first few hits are especially tasty, then the flavor fades but the clouds it produces are pretty impressive for the small device.

Edit: wanted to throw an edit to kinda correct myself. Started two bowls this morning at 370-375 degrees and the clouds were actually really impressive and satisfying, the flavor was incredible. So even under 380 it performs, and right off the bat.
That’s one of the biggest differences from the only other battery vape I’ve tried, the rogue. With the lobo, it starts hitting right when it gets to temp. With the rogue I had to get a couple draws in to really get it going, especially at lower temps

Gonna take it with me to work today to give that a test, but so far I’m really enjoying this vape! Love the color and how sleek it feels in the hand.
Edit2: I’m only using dosing capsules

IMG-3440.jpg

Testing a photo(hope it works)

Last edited:

Fukinternet

I got my green lobo yesterday. I’ve been vaping on a Fierce for a couple of years now but i can’t get new batteries for it and the ones i have are all swollen, so i got the Lobo as a replacement to have swappable batteries. So far, i feel like the heating element seems better suited for the device on the Lobo than the Fierce. I find myself vaping at lower temps on the lobo to get similar clouds to what i was getting on the fierce. Tastes great, draw resistance is not wide open but also not constricted at all and i feel is a good compromise to get hits that are not too airy. It does get harsh a bit over 400, that’s when the bubbler helps. Still in the honeymoon phase but initial impressions are very good so far

4-Aces King-High

@Petetbay You’ve written extensively over many post providing as accurate and unbiased view as possible for members considering the Lobo as their next potential vape. Thank you.

Idk but if the Lobo heater is more than capable of pumping out heat at higher temps 380F plus, most people will be satisfied. Maybe it’s just as simple as a firmware/software tweak to have consistent performance at lower to mid range temps for the others.

POTV has always gone above and beyond in their CS in my interactions with them. I'm sure POTV and @stickstones appreciate your feed back as they want to get this right as
Any of you who buy a water pipe adapter I'd recommend going with the V3 Pro glass adapter as it doesn't step down to 10mm like the one you can bundle. So unless you have a need for 10mm it just decreasing air flow. I'm pretty sure it fits but I get mine in today and will

4AcesKingHigh says ,Received My Green LOBO and thought ‘ I don’t need a stinkin’ bubbler? Well I used the bubbler at 380 and above for a nice Even dark ABV. and nicely surprisingly long session. STARTED At 360F for about 3-4 flavorful pulls on the LOBO,Went to 380F and 4 puffs at temp.,on to 400F to finish the bowl, A Long light draw recommended with the LOBO After 3 bowls since @330pm.Cheers

Last edited:
4-Aces King-High,
Reactions: seedy53

BL4ZE

Any of you who buy a water pipe adapter I'd recommend going with the V3 Pro glass adapter as it doesn't step down to 10mm like the one you can bundle. So unless you have a need for 10mm it just decreasing air flow. I'm pretty sure it fits but I get mine in today and will check.

I take this back. The V3 Pro Glass adapter does NOT fit in the Lobo. So don't buy it. Really sucks since wanted to use the Lobo with my glass tonight.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
DISCLAIMER: I consulted on the development of the Lobo. I am biased towards it. You can believe the facts I present, but take my opinions about the Lobo with a grain of salt.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I vape a lot of old school hash and always looking for grail of devices to vape hash, still looking.

If you haven't already, pay attention to the very rare BAKx drops. The only true vaporizer I know of that was made for the stuff.

When we start to think about the Lobo as a high calorie convection heater, some of the things you noticed make sense. When the vapor wanes, it's usually because all the vapor that is to be extracted at that temp has been pulled out. I have to raise the temp to get more vapor, not wait for the heater to recover. The vapor literally runs out before the Lobo gives in. That's probably why I prefer to temp step with the Lobo with only two temps that are at least 30 degrees apart. When I used three temps, the last two didn't stand out. Each was robbed of it's punch by the temp before it. But when I use 370ish and 410+, it a great tasting first temp and a big punch finishing temp.

Another thing...you mentioned that convection vapes build heat in the bowl as the hit goes longer, and the vapor should build not wane. You're right, until the Lobo. We worked hard to eliminate that heat over-run. I want the temp in the bowl to stay as close to the set temp as possible, not run out of control when someone takes a long rip on a bubbler. This was some of my most rewarding work on this vape that most won't even notice!

When I use 15 second draws, I get no more than 2 or 3 on a bowl. When I did my standard tests, I would get 6-8 hits per bowl. Btw, when I test a vape as a normal person, I aim for 5-second hits with a relaxed draw, with around 20 seconds between draws. I always use 390F as a baseline and adjust from there. (390 is somewhat arbitrary, but right down the middle. I've used this temp to test for over a decade now, so I stick to it and it's always an apples to apples comparison for me.)

Testing a photo(hope it works)

It's beautiful!

I got my green lobo yesterday. I’ve been vaping on a Fierce for a couple of years now but i can’t get new batteries for it and the ones i have are all swollen, so i got the Lobo as a replacement to have swappable batteries. So far, i feel like the heating element seems better suited for the device on the Lobo than the Fierce. I find myself vaping at lower temps on the lobo to get similar clouds to what i was getting on the fierce. Tastes great, draw resistance is not wide open but also not constricted at all and i feel is a good compromise to get hits that are not too airy. It does get harsh a bit over 400, that’s when the bubbler helps. Still in the honeymoon phase but initial impressions are very good so far

I think you're nailing it. A bigger bowl was one of the top three priorities for this vape, and I was adamant the heater be improved for it. I think the Lobo heater can do even more. The vapor does get harsher the higher the temp goes, and that's the nature of high-calorie vapor. It's denser and stronger, and can send you into orbit. And that's the brilliance of the potv glass system. if you know you're style, you can grab the right one and be off to the races:
  • The dimpled stem that comes with is great for long draws at around 380 and under. (this is all about me here, your temps might run hotter or cooler.) Above that I recommend shorter hits. The Lobo can deliver on sips, so give it a go.
  • I don't use the bent stem. It's hotter than the others.
  • Dimpled Globe stem - If you don't want to deal with water or a bubbler, get this one. I can use this one for longer draws above 400. It's considerably cooler than the dimpled stem.
  • Straight or Curved Bubbler - water is a must if you want to crush bowls at the highest temps. and it does something even more to the hits, so I really recommend one of these. I prefer the curved bubbler.
  • wpa - you know who you are! if you vape through glass at home, this should be your first pick.
Thanks all! I'll check back in soon.
Jerry

4-Aces King-High

DISCLAIMER: I consulted on the development of the Lobo. I am biased towards it. You can believe the facts I present, but take my opinions about the Lobo with a grain of salt.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you haven't already, pay attention to the very rare BAKx drops. The only true vaporizer I know of that was made for the stuff.

When we start to think about the Lobo as a high calorie convection heater, some of the things you noticed make sense. When the vapor wanes, it's usually because all the vapor that is to be extracted at that temp has been pulled out. I have to raise the temp to get more vapor, not wait for the heater to recover. The vapor literally runs out before the Lobo gives in. That's probably why I prefer to temp step with the Lobo with only two temps that are at least 30 degrees apart. When I used three temps, the last two didn't stand out. Each was robbed of it's punch by the temp before it. But when I use 370ish and 410+, it a great tasting first temp and a big punch finishing temp.

Another thing...you mentioned that convection vapes build heat in the bowl as the hit goes longer, and the vapor should build not wane. You're right, until the Lobo. We worked hard to eliminate that heat over-run. I want the temp in the bowl to stay as close to the set temp as possible, not run out of control when someone takes a long rip on a bubbler. This was some of my most rewarding work on this vape that most won't even notice!

When I use 15 second draws, I get no more than 2 or 3 on a bowl. When I did my standard tests, I would get 6-8 hits per bowl. Btw, when I test a vape as a normal person, I aim for 5-second hits with a relaxed draw, with around 20 seconds between draws. I always use 390F as a baseline and adjust from there. (390 is somewhat arbitrary, but right down the middle. I've used this temp to test for over a decade now, so I stick to it and it's always an apples to apples comparison for me.)

It's beautiful!

I think you're nailing it. A bigger bowl was one of the top three priorities for this vape, and I was adamant the heater be improved for it. I think the Lobo heater can do even more. The vapor does get harsher the higher the temp goes, and that's the nature of high-calorie vapor. It's denser and stronger, and can send you into orbit. And that's the brilliance of the potv glass system. if you know you're style, you can grab the right one and be off to the races:
  • The dimpled stem that comes with is great for long draws at around 380 and under. (this is all about me here, your temps might run hotter or cooler.) Above that I recommend shorter hits. The Lobo can deliver on sips, so give it a go.
  • I don't use the bent stem. It's hotter than the others.
  • Dimpled Globe stem - If you don't want to deal with water or a bubbler, get this one. I can use this one for longer draws above 400. It's considerably cooler than the dimpled stem.
  • Straight or Curved Bubbler - water is a must if you want to crush bowls at the highest temps. and it does something even more to the hits, so I really recommend one of these. I prefer the curved bubbler.
  • wpa - you know who you are! if you vape through glass at home, this should be your first pick.
Thanks all! I'll check back in soon.
Jerry
With the Curved bubbler Loading a bowl now at 371F and once that diminishes I’m stepping up to 405F. Got 3 draws with potency and flavor of the terps. . at 371F.at 405F 2-decent pulls that could probably havebeen 1 good draw. Cheers

I got my Lobo yesterday, it is the second vape I have along with my ALP and so far I am extremely happy.
Pro's so far:
Even more portable than my ALP
Simple controls and interface
Easy to load/unload
When it says it is has reached the set temp, it has reached that temp, big clouds immediately.
Better airflow than my ALP
Tasty hits
Water pipe hits, this unit it built for it.
Your herb gets roasted evenly throughout.
10x easier to clean than my ALP
It is a great looking unit, I got the green but that blue pops also.

Con's so far:
The vapor is hot (at least to me). A bigger glass stem or bubbler is a must have for this.
The unit gets real hot at the top temp setting after only a few minutes

So far it has more Pro's than Con's to me and that is why I am digging it. Also like I said it excels with a water pipe, my first hit from the Lobo was with the adaptor stem on my medium sized percolator. I got 2 to 3 big hits and am the highest I have ever been from a vapor hit or session, it does exactly what Jerry says, it puts out calories.

It looks so good, it makes my Chyna glass sparkle and the rips got me super baked with my flavor of the day Peanut Butter Breath.
pmnanU1nj

Jojofernz

I got my Lobo yesterday, it is the second vape I have along with my ALP and so far I am extremely happy.
Pro's so far:
Even more portable than my ALP
Simple controls and interface
Easy to load/unload
When it says it is has reached the set temp, it has reached that temp, big clouds immediately.
Better airflow than my ALP
Tasty hits
Water pipe hits, this unit it built for it.
Your herb gets roasted evenly throughout.
10x easier to clean than my ALP
It is a great looking unit, I got the green but that blue pops also.

Con's so far:
The vapor is hot (at least to me). A bigger glass stem or bubbler is a must have for this.
The unit gets real hot at the top temp setting after only a few minutes

So far it has more Pro's than Con's to me and that is why I am digging it. Also like I said it excels with a water pipe, my first hit from the Lobo was with the adaptor stem on my medium sized percolator. I got 2 to 3 big hits and am the highest I have ever been from a vapor hit or session, it does exactly what Jerry says, it puts out calories.

It looks so good, it makes my Chyna glass sparkle and the rips got me super baked with my flavor of the day Peanut Butter Breath.
Hell yeah!! I agree with everything you said! The vapor does get hot is my biggest con I’ve found so far, but rectified with the bubbler or running through water.

And gotta say, hitting some Peanut Butter Breath today as well!

Enjoy your Sunday!!

4-Aces King-High

ALP IS Great The LOBO more great with ease of cleaning and ease of Use.
If anyone has a Solo 2 stem , short and longer come with it. I put mine in by reversing the bowl end towards mouth and the smaller mouth end of the stem in to the LOBO gives A longer path with glass cooling the vapor nicely with flavor and vapor tolerable at higher temps. Onwards with the testing lol. Cheers
10:07 AM; Even at 405F the Vapor is tolerable with the HACK used.

Last edited:

budski

cantre member
hard to believe it has better airflow than the ALP with those 4 tiny inlet holes! I drilled out the holes on the One to get more air, made a minimal difference. Way easy to add restriction to the flow, sure aren't going to adjust it like with ALP, Starry, or V3.
That said it will replace my 6month old One who's battery is already showing signs of decline from multiple charges per day. Already have bublers and long dimpled stems for our Ones so that should be enough. Maybe it'd benefit from a silicone sleeve.

BL4ZE

I was able to use my Lobo through water last night by flipping the V3 Max glass adapter and shoving the opposite end into the lobo.
After only a couple of sessions with it last night I want to use it some more before making an official review.
Compared to my V3 max I feel like it's a little more air resistance and it takes longer to heat up (not a big deal really)
Since I'm using the dosing capsule I just removed the screen inside the Lobo to help free up the airflow.

seedy53

Yeah, you don't have to imagine it, just check out the fierce and you'll see exactly what it would be like, pretty much as you describe!

The only real problem is that the glass itself would get hot so you just need to be careful not to touch it right after removing... Not really that different from using a capsule? Of course there is always a risk of glass being more fragile but I don't think there's much risk in this application, we've never broken a fierce system, my roommate is not too careful with these things either... Not sure how or why the oven would ever get dented??... The mouthpiece sheath would remain pristine, it would be fully glass lined chamber to pathway to mouthpiece tip, so no gunk in the tunnel at all, you only need to clean the glass stem... (If you're not super careful about keeping it upside down or little crumbs then you might want to brush out lightly clean the oven once in a while too)... You just want to make sure the stem is the right length, for the chamber portion to stick into the oven, it slides around in the fierce, so even if it is a little too long it will slide up as you connect it inside, if it was too high then it would be sitting a little bit above the chamber which is not ideal but does work still as Petey mentioned in their testing, though it would perhaps increase the chance of that oven getting dirtier over time this way... The main tricky thing is the glass honeycomb screen, the ones from the fierce seem to be well placed, but potentially there are some trade-offs with them generally and could be worse if they're not done as well... Yeah I really don't think it is complicated at all, worth looking at the fierce again if you are having trouble picturing it, they offered two different mouthpieces so you could also load the oven directly and with capsules, it's a shame they got rid of the glass stem option when they launched the rogue because it was done even better than arizer in my experience, the stems and the sheath

those 4 hole glass screens in stems/oven units are a sore point with me.
like the arizer vaps with their 4 hole glass screens are to restrictive and they makes those vaps into sippers.
metal screens work so much better after you knock out those worthless 4-hole glass screens.
then they can become rippers.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
those 4 hole glass screens in stems/oven units are a sore point with me.
like the arizer vaps with their 4 hole glass screens are to restrictive and they makes those vaps into sippers.
metal screens work so much better after you knock out those worthless 4-hole glass screens.
then they can become rippers.

One from the fierce is not four holes, that is just the Arizer ones, which tend to have four uneven pretty large holes, since they rely on conduction it's not a big deal because you pack them tight, but if you use too fine of a grind you get more debris through... I even specifically mentioned the HR fierce several times and specifically their style honeycomb screen in the stems because they are much better than the ones in Arizer, the holes are smaller and more even and there are more of them in a consistent pattern... Despite long wanting to have all glass in stems, for other pure convection vapes before, I have come to accept that the steel mesh basket screens just work better despite the added material and maintenance, so that could be a good option here as well, but again my point is the stems from the fierce are quite well done for a hybrid vape like this relying on convection

Top Bottom