POTV Lobo

leanpubpackage

i think the fury edge and rogue are very much the same as lobo with a couple differences.
WHO manufactures the LOBO?
Why is that information so secret?
POTV does not own a factory, they contract with one.
so why can't we know???
Is HR the factory or not, like it looks like.?
how can we find out? what is the fear?
Weecke is my educated guess. Also curious of more FC reviews. Either the Lobo will kill it if the hype is real or the Lobo will be the reason “reviewers” lose their credibility

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
What FUCKCOMBUSTION needs is someone That Has A LOBO to come forth and entice Us.

I just received mine two days ago. I did a bit of a writeup over on the Lemmiverse - https://lemmy.world/post/5773608

Looking forward to releasing a few accessories for the device. I'm also planning something really different for this device - can't wait to share photos of the prototype if it works as intended ;)

NOLOGO

I just received mine two days ago. I did a bit of a writeup over on the Lemmiverse - https://lemmy.world/post/5773608

Looking forward to releasing a few accessories for the device. I'm also planning something really different for this device - can't wait to share photos of the prototype if it works as intended ;)
Great writeup @Delta3DStudios !

I also don't need a large oven, so I appreciate your advice on using the capsules as an oven spacer! (Especially since POTV is sending me a set for free because of the shipping delay)

Looking forward to the accessories you have planned!

budski

cantre member

a spare battery/capsule case in an easily pocketable form factor (like a mint tin insert). Take my money

stickstones

Vapor concierge
DISCLAIMER: I consulted on the development of the Lobo. I am biased towards it. You can believe the facts I present, but take my opinions about the Lobo with a grain of salt.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry I'm not in here as much as I used to be, but I miss the discussions! I was told Lobos are shipping this week and next, so I got caught up on this thread this morning. Please know that I am not here to discredit anyone's opinion. I believe all our perspectives are valid, and only wish to clarify any confusion. Three things I'll comment on now...

- The Lobo is built in the same factory as the ONE - Weecke. If you want to bring a vape to market, you can take your design to Weecke (or other company) and they will build it for you, or you can pick one of their stock designs to put your brand on. The Fenix Mini is a Weecke design, and is what all the Fury/ONE type vapes spawned from. I've seen at lest half a dozen rebrands of the Fenix Mini, but as far as I know only Healthy Rips and POTV bothered to make changes for their models. I've worked with a number of vape manufacturers, and Weecke is one of my top 3 Chinese companies. The Lobo is a potv design, and they took it to several manufacturers before choosing to go with Weecke.

- The Lobo may visually remind some of other vapes, like the ONE, but the heat exchanger is different and more robust. The goal was to make a vape with more oomph (or as I like to call it, calorie rich), and the solution was a preheat chamber to more deeply saturate the air stream with those calories. The result is a quicker extraction that has more punch. POTV is working on a video animating the design.

- The Lobo is a convection-dominant vape. When I put it on a bubbler, I'm done in about two long hits (one hit if I'm in a taste-snob mood), and it's all convection. The herbs simply aren't in there long enough to heat by conduction (as someone already said on here!). Almost every vape has some elements of convection/conduction/radiant heat, and they can be used with different styles to produce different balances and results. You might be able to turn the Lobo into a conduction-ish vape by packing it tightly, taking one draw to bring the heat into the chamber, and then taking little sips. But I don't enjoy these results and don't think you will, either. I highly recommend you pack it lightly with no more than a gentle tamp, and hit it like you would a convection vape. This is how it was intended to be used, and where it shines the most. I found that I could get good hits with this pack with both short and long draws because there is so much heat coming through the bowl.

the only session vape thats pure convection is the teflon minivap

Agreed. The minivap is truly special in its ability to isolate the herbs from any conduction!

-Mainly a conduction vape with some convection that doesn’t really get going until 380*F.

I'm curious as to how you came to this conclusion. Can you tell me about your ritual - how you pack and hit it? Also, what benefit are you looking for, or what style are you trying to mimic, by inserting a glass bowl all the way into the Lobo bowl?

Thanks...it's great to be here!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
- The Lobo may visually remind some of other vapes, like the ONE, but the heat exchanger is different and more robust. The goal was to make a vape with more oomph (or as I like to call it, calorie rich), and the solution was a preheat chamber to more deeply saturate the air stream with those calories. The result is a quicker extraction that has more punch. POTV is working on a video animating the design.

Certainly seems like it is working. Although there is a bit more draw resistance compared to other Weecke devices I've handled as a result (not necessarily a bad thing)

I personally am pairing my Lobo with a HealthyRips Watertool that I had laying around and it's been working great. I start at 320F for the first minute or two. Then up to 345F, then I usually cook until I get to about 400F.

The problem is I need to power-cycle at least 3-4 times to get a full extraction because I'm taking it low and slow, not jumping straight to higher temps.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
My man! Always great to see you back here, especially for something you had a hand in like this, you're such an FC legend, thanks for the detailed explanations too :clap::luv::bowdown:

Also, what benefit are you looking for, or what style are you trying to mimic, by inserting a glass bowl all the way into the Lobo bowl?

I mentioned it in my posts here, but that would make it more like the fierce and solo air argo style, having separate all glass for your chamber and pathway, easy loading and unloading, plus super easy to clean and even easier to keep clean... Better purity?

If you could design, or have POTV design, an alternative mouthpiece that allows you to do this with that type of glass stem, ideally with a nice honeycomb screen like the fierce had (although steel mesh baskets could be necessary for more convection flow perhaps) basically just a plastic sheath exactly like the fierce would be fantastic and make this a much more interesting device...

I personally find loading and unloading and using capsules pretty annoying, also having to load and unload a chamber that can also not be fully removed to clean less than ideal, pretty much a deal breaker for me (I'm pretty sure my roommate too) on this one :2c::tup:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I mentioned it in my posts here, but that would make it more like the fierce and solo air argo style, having separate all glass for your chamber and pathway, easy loading and unloading, plus super easy to clean and even easier to keep clean... Better purity?

Thanks Snacks! That’s perfect. I think the most mass-marketable of those are easy to load and easy to clean. Those are tangible benefits that solve real problems!

Shit Snacks

Thanks Snacks! That’s perfect. I think the most mass-marketable of those are easy to load and easy to clean. Those are tangible benefits that solve real problems!

Always a pleasure! Yeah especially if lobo excels at those quick extractions, I would hate to have to go through the hassle of loading and unloading the fixed metal chamber in the device after just one hitter quitter, having glass stem chamber pathway would be so easy to remove and empty (and potentially reload as needed if back to back) and yeah also better for low temp longer...

NOLOGO

Always a pleasure! Yeah especially if lobo excels at those quick extractions, I would hate to have to go through the hassle of loading and unloading the fixed metal chamber in the device after just one hitter quitter, having glass stem chamber pathway would be so easy to remove and empty (and potentially reload as needed if back to back) and yeah also better for low temp longer...
I can almost envision this...it could look basically just like the stock mouthpiece, but when you remove the magnetic piece you'd see that the glass extends below (into the oven)
I think this would work VERY well

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
-I played a lot using the Fierce stems and found that I could get good taste and clouds even at low temps not resting the stem on the bowl bottom to get good convection from the bowl heat. This was my best way of using the Lobo.
The heater appears to have the calorie output necessary for an all glass convection experience. The addition of this feature in future builds definitely ups the extraction options of the Lobo.
What problems can this use style create? Does the glass stress or ever break? Does the oven ever get dented from the glass? Does gunk get inside the mouthpiece tunnel when you pull the dirty glass through it? Or something else?
The wheels are starting to turn. ;)

4-Aces King-High

Got my Shipping notice today ,just 2 days after I placed the order,Let’s Go! I have the Green LOBO On the way, but that Blue is awesome

. A n d how to hack the resistance of the draw mentioned in several posts, reviews and opinions.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I can almost envision this...it could look basically just like the stock mouthpiece, but when you remove the magnetic piece you'd see that the glass extends below (into the oven)
I think this would work VERY well

Yeah, you don't have to imagine it, just check out the fierce and you'll see exactly what it would be like, pretty much as you describe!

What problems can this use style create? Does the glass stress or ever break? Does the oven ever get dented from the glass? Does gunk get inside the mouthpiece tunnel when you pull the dirty glass through it? Or something else?

The only real problem is that the glass itself would get hot so you just need to be careful not to touch it right after removing... Not really that different from using a capsule? Of course there is always a risk of glass being more fragile but I don't think there's much risk in this application, we've never broken a fierce system, my roommate is not too careful with these things either... Not sure how or why the oven would ever get dented??... The mouthpiece sheath would remain pristine, it would be fully glass lined chamber to pathway to mouthpiece tip, so no gunk in the tunnel at all, you only need to clean the glass stem... (If you're not super careful about keeping it upside down or little crumbs then you might want to brush out lightly clean the oven once in a while too)... You just want to make sure the stem is the right length, for the chamber portion to stick into the oven, it slides around in the fierce, so even if it is a little too long it will slide up as you connect it inside, if it was too high then it would be sitting a little bit above the chamber which is not ideal but does work still as Petey mentioned in their testing, though it would perhaps increase the chance of that oven getting dirtier over time this way... The main tricky thing is the glass honeycomb screen, the ones from the fierce seem to be well placed, but potentially there are some trade-offs with them generally and could be worse if they're not done as well... Yeah I really don't think it is complicated at all, worth looking at the fierce again if you are having trouble picturing it, they offered two different mouthpieces so you could also load the oven directly and with capsules, it's a shame they got rid of the glass stem option when they launched the rogue because it was done even better than arizer in my experience, the stems and the sheath

BL4ZE

Got my Shipping notice today ,just 2 days after I placed the order,Let’s Go! I have the Green LOBO On the way, but that Blue is awesome

. A n d how to hack the resistance of the draw mentioned in several posts, reviews and opinions.
My green one just shipped today as well. I normally go with black but the green just looked too good.

Petetbay

I'm curious as to how you came to this conclusion. Can you tell me about your ritual - how you pack and hit it?
I heard it was a mainly convection vape and that was why I bought it to end the cycle of buying Rogues with a removable battery device. I like convection, but I like something that does low temps as I’m a favor chaser most of the time now to start and then step it up to fully extract. This device has a 108*F temp range, the 1st 50* is useless as it doesn’t produce any substantial vapor no matter how I pack it or pull on it. If convection is the method the bowl should get hotter the longer you pull, but it dies and needs recovery time to produce vapor again. I’m talking below 370*F, above it starts to go and a nice sweet spot 385-405*F and 410+ it produces lots of clouds and goes very harsh requiring some water filtering. 370-410 is how I run my Mighty 5 long pulls then step to 410 and I found the Lobo very similar though harsher it probably does bigger cloud factor. My trick now is set it to 370*F start pulling at 290 as it heats and keep pulling until it beeps and tasty cloud city all the way up, but it stops at the beep and you need to step up to 390-400 to continue with substantial vapor, but the bowl is pretty toasted. This is not like any session convection vape I’ve tried and it’s not the Rogue I wanted.

edit: no tight packs, only thing I pack tight would be my Starrys, loose packs light tamp even half bowls, 80% bowls, every which way of loose.
Also, what benefit are you looking for, or what style are you trying to mimic, by inserting a glass bowl all the way into the Lobo bowl?
Shit snacks delved into this heavy duty and I’ve always played with glass stems/DVs in different vapes ala Arizer. I found using Fierce stems which fit perfectly allowed me to run lower temps with better flavor with substantial vapor for good extraction, think of it as a poor man’s Tinymight.
I just picked up some more Fierce stems, but that got messed a bit and a Rogue wpa that was suppose to have a glass bowl like the Fierce, but didn’t.
Is POTV going to release an Lobo accessory adapter separately as I feel I could easily mod it to work with the Fierce stems, have done similar the Roffu CU with wpa stems.
I’m all Lobo’d out. :horse:

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I heard it was a mainly convection vape and that was why I bought it to end the cycle of buying Rogues with a removable battery device. I like convection, but I like something that does low temps as I’m a favor chaser most of the time now to start and then step it up to fully extract. This device has a 108*F temp range, the 1st 50* is useless as it doesn’t produce any substantial vapor no matter how I pack it or pull on it. If convection is the method the bowl should get hotter the longer you pull, but it dies and needs recovery time to produce vapor again. I’m talking below 370*F, above it starts to go and a nice sweet spot 385-405*F and 410+ it produces lots of clouds and goes very harsh requiring some water filtering. 370-410 is how I run my Mighty 5 long pulls then step to 410 and I found the Lobo very similar though harsher it probably does bigger cloud factor. My trick now is set it to 370*F start pulling at 290 as it heats and keep pulling until it beeps and tasty cloud city all the way up, but it stops at the beep and you need to step up to 390-400 to continue with substantial vapor, but the bowl is pretty toasted. This is not like any session convection vape I’ve tried and it’s not the Rogue I wanted.

edit: no tight packs, only thing I pack tight would be my Starrys, loose packs light tamp even half bowls, 80% bowls, every which way of loose.

Shit snacks delved into this heavy duty and I’ve always played with glass stems/DVs in different vapes ala Arizer. I found using Fierce stems which fit perfectly allowed me to run lower temps with better flavor with substantial vapor for good extraction, think of it as a poor man’s Tinymight.
I just picked up some more Fierce stems, but that got messed a bit and a Rogue wpa that was suppose to have a glass bowl like the Fierce, but didn’t.
Is POTV going to release an Lobo accessory adapter separately as I feel I could easily mod it to work with the Fierce stems, have done similar the Roffu CU with wpa stems.
I’m all Lobo’d out. :horse:
DISCLAIMER: I consulted on the development of the Lobo. I am biased towards it. You can believe the facts I present, but take my opinions about the Lobo with a grain of salt.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the details! Which extra glass stem did you get with your Lobo?

Petetbay

Which extra glass stem did you get with your Lobo?
I got the curved bubbler free and added on the globe, love both, don’t use much water anymore, but the curved bubbler is very convenient to change to at the end of the bowl when you max out the temp, really helps the Lobo out when it goes harsh.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I got the curved bubbler free and added on the globe, love both, don’t use much water anymore, but the curved bubbler is very convenient to change to at the end of the bowl when you max out the temp, really helps the Lobo out when it goes harsh.

Nice. Those are my two faves. Do you typically take long draws, or something less than 5 seconds long?

And lastly, do you mostly use it as designed, or with some sort of glass insert like the Fierce?

Thanks!
Jerry

Top Bottom