POTV Lobo

BL4ZE

Hmmm I'll have to read some more reviews. I was looking for a portable with a better form factor than my Xmax V3. I don't necessarily need a heavy hitter though as it'd just be something I'd have available for very long days at work so not looking to get overly medicated. Perhaps for the price the One is going to fit the bill for me better.

ondemander

10 sessions from one 18650. - well it certainly doesn't have balls
"Get dense vapor in only 40 seconds" - this is surprising, any portable vape that can produce "dense vapor" can get to that point in 40 seconds.

$160 vs $139 for a Rogue or $119 for an Edge there must be something new going on here. I think @dude_de is right, 40 seconds unitl big cloud is about what I've heard on the Fenix Pro. I don't have high hopes anymore, but Troy & Jerry are still must see tv tonight for me.

edit: Troy and Jerry's initial review is up: https://troyandjerry.com/potv-lobo-small-potent-affordable/.

Well that woud be crazy, clearing a .2g bowl in one 15-20 second draw? I'm not sure what Jerry considers a "full extraction", but I'm interested again....
With as little as we know I think this is the fairest take. Personally I think the Airvape Legacy Pro with new dosing capsules is the best accessible portable. You don't have to worry about breaking an exposed stem making it more portable than most. This new Lobo is a little cheaper though, so it may entice people that are used to POTV's quality, CS, and reliability. I would like to know more about the heater though.

dude_de

Now that I've seen the stream, I guess this is not a Fenix Pro/Äris.

Well, it is, but it does have a wider bowl and does appear to have more heat-ooomph.

I also like the improved software interface with the menu thingie.

So it appears that POTV have taken an existing model and upgraded it substantially. Kudos to the team.

Considering that the current version of the Äris (Ultra) is 179€, the think the $160 price is reasonable.

And of course the removable battery. I LOOOOVE me a removable battery.

Hey guys, I want one.

Finessseee

With as little as we know I think this is the fairest take. Personally I think the Airvape Legacy Pro with new dosing capsules is the best accessible portable. You don't have to worry about breaking an exposed stem making it more portable than most. This new Lobo is a little cheaper though, so it may entice people that are used to POTV's quality, CS, and reliability. I would like to know more about the heater though.
I’ve been considering both for awhile now. I’m going to assume the Legacy Pro provides smoother vapor, but capsules are basically a must or the device gets dirty fast, where as the Lobo doesn’t seem to provide as much smoother vapor, but it much easier to clean.. Troy did say it was a bit harsh to hit natively (he coughed a decent amount), but I’m sure he was pushing it to the limit. I’ll have to decide between more cleaning + dosing caps with ALP, or easier cleaning and less smooth vapor with the Lobo.

Finessseee,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Jojofernz

I wish it was already out lmao. I don’t like paying for a vape then waiting but I have a feeling they won’t sell out with the presale.

But after watching Troy get some fat rips off the bong with it, I’m sold at that $160 price

RadarV00

I'm already thinking that I can use my POTV Simrell blackwood stem & Stinger with it.

Loving the idea of a big and more heat-ooomph in the bowl and of course, the removable battery.
100 days return policy, Great CS . . . how can you go wrong...

RadarV00,

Bob876

Does any 1 know if this is the same bowl size as the rogue? Or similar to the edge.

Bob876,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I can't find it, but someone mentioned somewhere about my one-hit extractions. It's a good question and needs clarification. Back in the day when things were illegal here, I would take every bowl to it's very end. But these days I don't. Today I look for more of a snobbish, connoisseur hit.

If I'd had the Lobo back in the day, I would have taken every bowl (on a bubbler with massive hits) to a third hit to finish it off. But today, when all I want is flavor with punch, I go for one long, massive hit. If I get to 15 or 20 seconds, it's spent for my taste today. If it's more of a ten second hit, I'll go in for another. Obviously, the temp you pick makes a big difference here. Currently, I think my favorite way to go with the Lobo is a massive hit on a low temp, and then another massive hit on a finishing temp. A 2-hit temp step.

What I really love is the punch. In the same way that the Dab Ready liberated me from wires for my kind of hit, the Lobo has liberated me from the vape station for my kind of hit. Most times, I'd rather hit the lobo on a bubbler downstairs on the couch than run upstairs to hit a desktop in my vapor lounge. Same can be said for the bedtime nightcap. It's just so easy to have a little bubbler and the Lobo by the bed for that last sesh of the day.

Anyhow, enough about me...I can't wait to hear what you guys think of it!

I hope that helps! I love my fc brethren...keep it up!

Razhumikin

I can't find it, but someone mentioned somewhere about my one-hit extractions. It's a good question and needs clarification. Back in the day when things were illegal here, I would take every bowl to it's very end. But these days I don't. Today I look for more of a snobbish, connoisseur hit.

If I'd had the Lobo back in the day, I would have taken every bowl (on a bubbler with massive hits) to a third hit to finish it off. But today, when all I want is flavor with punch, I go for one long, massive hit. If I get to 15 or 20 seconds, it's spent for my taste today. If it's more of a ten second hit, I'll go in for another. Obviously, the temp you pick makes a big difference here. Currently, I think my favorite way to go with the Lobo is a massive hit on a low temp, and then another massive hit on a finishing temp. A 2-hit temp step.

What I really love is the punch. In the same way that the Dab Ready liberated me from wires for my kind of hit, the Lobo has liberated me from the vape station for my kind of hit. Most times, I'd rather hit the lobo on a bubbler downstairs on the couch than run upstairs to hit a desktop in my vapor lounge. Same can be said for the bedtime nightcap. It's just so easy to have a little bubbler and the Lobo by the bed for that last sesh of the day.

Is it really a stronger portable than you can already get from a tinymight, p80, or milaana though? Thats what confuses me. What is the heater tech?

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods

Thanks to you and Troy I'm actually considering the Lobo. I'm looking for a good battery powered session vape. Solo 2, and pax plus are the other options I'm choosing. I'm not terribly worried about convection vs conduction. I'm getting a couch log for my convection fix

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Is it really a stronger portable than you can already get from a tinymight, p80, or milaana though? Thats what confuses me. What is the heater tech?

DISCLAIMER: I consulted the development of the Lobo. I am biased towards it.

No. Those are all high calorie vapes, too. If you already have one of those and have your technique dialed in, you’re good. The Lobo is consistent so that anyone can get a great hit, not just us vape nerds. It’ll also be more accessible.

I’ve had all the vapes you mentioned for years. In fact, I beta tested all three. They’re hard to acquire. A goal of the Lobo was to bring an enthusiast’s hit to the masses.

Thanks Raz!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
No. Those are all high calorie vapes, too. If you already have one of those and have your technique dialed in, you’re good. The Lobo is consistent so that anyone can get a great hit, not just us vape nerds. It’ll also be more accessible.

I’ve had all the vapes you mentioned for years. In fact, I beta tested all three. They’re hard to acquire. A goal of the Lobo was to bring an enthusiast’s hit to the masses.

Thanks Raz!

To be fair the only thing hard to acquire now about the TM is just the price for some people! That one is very readily available currently... But yes it is still not for everyone, if this functions similar to the fierce, but better (glass stem loading for WPA to use through hooks and other glass), then I think this can satisfy my roommate when the time comes! Keep up the good work my man :tup:

BL4ZE

DISCLAIMER: I consulted the development of the Lobo. I am biased towards it.

Are the hits harsh or hot through the native mouthpiece? I was originally going to grab a POTV One as all I need is something small and portable that can pass as a nicotine vape. Basically, turn it on take a hit and back in my pocket it goes for those long workdays where I need a little mental boost during the grind. Would the Lobo work for this or is it more set to be used in a session over multiple larger style hits.

BL4ZE,

darbarikanada

Are the hits harsh or hot through the native mouthpiece?
Troy and Jerry were both coughing quite a bit in the video, even when the clouds weren't especially big. Jerry says he prefers the longer stem with the globe in it for dry use. makes sense to me: short vapor path + 'heavy hitter' = higher (sic) likelihood of coughing.

Jerry says you can get the globe stem for free, but the site doesn't seem to offer it as a free one.

Last edited:

smith.street.band

Are the hits harsh or hot through the native mouthpiece? I was originally going to grab a POTV One as all I need is something small and portable that can pass as a nicotine vape. Basically, turn it on take a hit and back in my pocket it goes for those long workdays where I need a little mental boost during the grind. Would the Lobo work for this or is it more set to be used in a session over multiple larger style hits.
It’s a hybrid session vape so one hit and the pocket wouldnt be ideal. You’d waste a lot of weed/dry out the remaining load

smith.street.band,
Reactions: ondemander

BL4ZE

It’s a hybrid session vape so one hit and the pocket wouldnt be ideal. You’d waste a lot of weed/dry out the remaining load
This is true but I don't see it drying anything out more then the next portable because even with on-demand vapes you'll still have a cool down period. I'd also pack a small bowl. I'm just weighing the pros and cons.
I know the one will do what I need but it'll only be using sparingly outside the house. With the Lobo I the option of possibly using it at home through my water pieces as something to provide a faster and heavier extraction over my V3 Max.

BL4ZE,
Top Bottom