POTV Lobo

PactolusKY

I’m sending the lobo back and probably going to pull the trigger on a venty
How was your experience with customer service? Were they relatively accepting of your issues? I got my lobo during the black friday sale and just wondering, if I decide to send it back.

The fact they waited until after the black friday/cyber monday was over and THEN they put out the new release Lobos really leaves a bad taste in my mouth... like lets be real, thats plain rotten to do.

PactolusKY,

Tepez

How was your experience with customer service? Were they relatively accepting of your issues? I got my lobo during the black friday sale and just wondering, if I decide to send it back.

The fact they waited until after the black friday/cyber monday was over and THEN they put out the new release Lobos really leaves a bad taste in my mouth... like lets be real, thats plain rotten to do.
They were pretty easy to deal with. No real issues except they can take a while to respond to emails depending on the rep you get. Only thing they emphasize is throughly cleaning the device and everything that came with it needs to go back.

Jojofernz

Wanted to bump this thread to give the Lobo some more praise. I now own a TM2, Tempest, and Anvil. Not saying as a comparison, but because of these and a new Flower Kettle too, I have not really hit the Lobo in a while.

Well that changed past couple days and I got lots of sessions with it and this thing packs a punch and is incredibly solid for the price. Now that I have other vapes which hit harder and definitely cost a bit more, I’m actually pleasantly surprised with my experience using it again. It absolutely has its place amongst my heavier hitting vapes, and with the dosing capsules and session style, it’s such a breeze to use.

That is all, the Lobo still rocks.

Blackbeen

Wanted to bump this thread to give the Lobo some more praise. I now own a TM2, Tempest, and Anvil. Not saying as a comparison, but because of these and a new Flower Kettle too, I have not really hit the Lobo in a while.

Well that changed past couple days and I got lots of sessions with it and this thing packs a punch and is incredibly solid for the price. Now that I have other vapes which hit harder and definitely cost a bit more, I’m actually pleasantly surprised with my experience using it again. It absolutely has its place amongst my heavier hitting vapes, and with the dosing capsules and session style, it’s such a breeze to use.

That is all, the Lobo still rocks.
I agree, though its only my 3rd vaporizer, it replaced the other 2 Arizer ones, that I'm keen to sell now.

Tonyscoop

I agree, though its only my 3rd vaporizer, it replaced the other 2 Arizer ones, that I'm keen to sell now.
I’m a newbie, and looking at Arizer, POTV Lobo, Dynavape and S & B products. I want to keep this under $200. What’s the real difference between the Lobo and Arizer? Pods or experience?

Tonyscoop,

Blackbeen

Lobo gives out consistent thick vapor, the Solo II & XQ2 burn slower, tricky as hell to pack, perhaps more flavorful lite vapor.
I didn't get the XQ2 to work good well at all until I got 3rd party mods, lousy bowl design IMO.

Blackbeen,

Tonyscoop

That’s something I didn’t think about…reviews and descriptions never address how packing the bowls in vapes can be different.

Tonyscoop,
Reactions: Blackbeen

Blackbeen

That’s something I didn’t think about…reviews and descriptions never address how packing the bowls in vapes can be different.
I spent a lot of time & some money wit the Arizer's, mods, brick builders, & it was still hit or miss, with the Lobo I just fill the dosing cap & go, not all packs are equal but even a off one gives a few solid good clouds.

Blackbeen,

Tonyscoop

I think I might pull the plug on a lobo…being discreet and size doesn’t really matter to me.…it’s more about flavor, adjustability of bowl size and good long hits for me…I Might like the TM2, but that’s up there.

Do the Lobo pods work as well or close to a regular packed bowl? Can you get at least 3-4 good hits from them?

Tonyscoop,

Blackbeen

Do the Lobo pods work as well or close to a regular packed bowl? Can you get at least 3-4 good hits from them?
3-4 is average, I start hitting around 250 & usually get two good hits before reaching 390, I only go above that with kief or hash.
Way more efficient than burning.

Blackbeen,
Reactions: endof3d

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

It is really different, TM and Solo are glass stem-based vapes, even though they work totally different otherwise, both allow you to have the stem be your chamber and pathway, fully removable and cleanable, and varying load size capable as well with different pathway options and connections available too... Lobo you are loading a chamber, capsules is essentially a removable chamber, although it cooks inside the regular chamber steel in steel, so it is not as the stems are with the glass (fierce stems seem to fit so that would be my ideal way to use it personally, I also like to maximize flavor and milk a bowl with many hits temp stepping, for me glass stems provide the best favor quality, although it depends on the vape of course, generally my preference)

XpeeN

Just a note that POTV promised us a video about Lobo's heater concept, and we still didn't get it. disappointing.

XpeeN,

Robert-in-YEG

Just looking at the Lobo again and I'm seeing "New Release" being tagged on the photo.

Does anyone know if this is a generation 2 of the Lobo? Haven't noticed any talk of such, but sometimes a second round of manufacturing resolves minor glitches. Not anything new, not officially improved, just a new batch.

With 420 it's surely a busy season....

Robert-in-YEG

Robert-in-YEG,

XpeeN

Just looking at the Lobo again and I'm seeing "New Release" being tagged on the photo.

Does anyone know if this is a generation 2 of the Lobo? Haven't noticed any talk of such, but sometimes a second round of manufacturing resolves minor glitches. Not anything new, not officially improved, just a new batch.

With 420 it's surely a busy season....

Robert-in-YEG
I guess they just marked it as new release because it's their newest release. Why didn't they do it before? No one knows...

CaGe-Man

I’ve finally come to final conclusions on the Lobo after testing a lot. I gonna try not to make direct comparisons with other vapes, but it is hard not to. I thought POTV did an excellent job making this vape that includes a removable battery which should be mandatory on all vapes. Its accessory features and build quality are excellent making a nice easy to use device.

-Mainly a conduction vape with some convection that doesn’t really get going until 380*F.
-I’m a low temp taste chaser most of the time and the Lobo scores low there with me, there’s better vapes if that’s what you’re after.
-It has a sweet spot for clouds that aren’t too harsh between 380-410*F. It can produce some big hits, but is harsh over 410*F natively though water can help fix that.
-It has a huge bowl about the size of the HR Fierce bowl and the main reason I bought the Lobo, but the heater performance isn’t up to the task even though it tries hard 390*F+. Reminds me how I was let down by the FogPro, but the FogPro is convection only.
-I played a lot using the Fierce stems and found that I could get good taste and clouds even at low temps not resting the stem on the bowl bottom to get good convection from the bowl heat. This was my best way of using the Lobo.

When there’s a comparison thread on the Lobo I might offer some direct comparisons. Really it’s hard to know what people are looking for. Surprisingly I did not find the Lobo as a removable battery replacement for the HR Rogue I was looking for is all I’ll say.

Here’s pics of a group of vapes that are all lower priced and do good at what they do in the different ways they do it and none are getting replaced by the Lobo. None are better than another as they are all different doing things differently, but are excellent at what they do, producing vapor. Couple of Roffus, FogPro, Rogue, Argo, Solo2 and Air Max. Don’t have any Pax or Davinci vapes.

Fierce stems

edit: Troy did a review with some comparisons.

Would you consider the lobo to be a good upgrade to the POTV V3 Pro ?
Or would something like the Roffu or a Rush be better ? Staying below 200$ for an upgrade

CaGe-Man,

Cdwhit

Sorry about consecutive posts, but the last one was old enough I couldn’t edit.

So I’ve had a couple evening with. The Lobo: I love the cloud production, and I swear this thing works better on a WPA than my Mighty+!

But all is not rosy. Any tricks on cooling? I bought this as a pocketable portable device, so carrying around a bong isn’t really a good fit. The included straight stem was WAY too hot, the curved tube was better, but still made me cough. The bubbler was the best of them, but it’s also the least pocketable/portable, and looks the most breakable.

Does any have any cooling hacks? A way to add cooling balls in the path or something that would still fit in my pocket and be sturdy?

Cdwhit,

Blackbeen

Sorry about consecutive posts, but the last one was old enough I couldn’t edit.

So I’ve had a couple evening with. The Lobo: I love the cloud production, and I swear this thing works better on a WPA than my Mighty+!

But all is not rosy. Any tricks on cooling? I bought this as a pocketable portable device, so carrying around a bong isn’t really a good fit. The included straight stem was WAY too hot, the curved tube was better, but still made me cough. The bubbler was the best of them, but it’s also the least pocketable/portable, and looks the most breakable.

Does any have any cooling hacks? A way to add cooling balls in the path or something that would still fit in my pocket and be sturdy?
I use a hose, I run it to a bong but any distance helps dissipate the heat.
j2yoz1.jpg

Blackbeen,
Reactions: Cdwhit
Top Bottom