POTV Lobo

Blackbeen

New bubbler to replace my leaky old one, problem is the bottom chamber will dump (just did it :-/) into the Lobo if you use the suck to from the bottom method, best to just top fill & keep the bottom mostly dry.

6430hl.jpg
mf78e7.jpg

The second chamber seems just to be for spill over from the first, in this sense it offers a safety the old one didn't.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
New bubbler to replace my leaky old one, problem is the bottom chamber will dump (just did it :-/) into the Lobo if you use the suck to from the bottom method, best to just top fill & keep the bottom mostly dry.

6430hl.jpg
mf78e7.jpg

The second chamber seems just to be for spill over from the first, in this sense it offers a safety the old one didn't.

I'm not sure if I understood correctly or where you got the idea, but you are only ever supposed to fill hydro tubes with water from the top... The bottom is all the splash guard section, not meant to hold water at all, or to be filled there... (not sure what you meant by suck it from the bottom method exactly but this is how they work)

MennilTossFlykune

I'm not sure if I understood correctly or where you got the idea, but you are only ever supposed to fill hydro tubes with water from the top... The bottom is all the splash guard section, not meant to hold water at all, or to be filled there... (not sure what you meant by suck it from the bottom method exactly but this is how they work)
I think they recommend filling the mini bubblers that way, which may be where the confusion is coming from.

MennilTossFlykune,
  • Wow
Reactions: Shit Snacks

Blackbeen

It's right on the POTV Lobo bubbler page.

I think they recommend filling the mini bubblers that way, which may be where the confusion is coming from.
The "mini bubblers" are just what I have w/o the safety chamber for 5 bucks more, live & learn... 🤷‍♂️
Plus they don't set on the table nice when separated like mine one of the main reasons I prefer it.

Shit Snacks

The "mini bubblers" are just what I have w/o the safety chamber for 5 bucks more, live & learn... 🤷‍♂️
Plus they don't set on the table nice when separated like mine one of the main reasons I prefer it.

Ah okay, yeah, I see, but that one is different, that is a mini hydro tube connected to a stem to become a mouthpiece? Not quite the same as what you have there, which is more classic hydro tube (vapexhale style) which is what I have a few of too

Blackbeen

Ah okay, yeah, I see, but that one is different, that is a mini hydro tube connected to a stem to become a mouthpiece? Not quite the same as what you have there, which is more classic hydro tube (vapexhale style) which is what I have a few of too
Classic is better :lol:
I hated using the old (now leaky) one with the Solo II, just used a full bong rig if anything I find they fit better with the Lobo.

Shit Snacks

Classic is better :lol:
I hated using the old (now leaky) one with the Solo II, just used a full bong rig if anything I find they fit better with the Lobo.

Yeah, exactly, they are better with full size and the splash guard space, standard fitting so you could use with several vapes and other glass too... I never tried putting water in any mouthpiece versions, even the one I have for V3P, aside from being tricky to get the water out in that one in particular, I always feel like it's too much risk that is not worthwhile, that one might be more spill proof, but especially when you are stem loading like solo it would be ideal to not have the water piece combined with the chamber then lol only dry pathways

Jojofernz

It's right on the POTV Lobo bubbler page.

But those are different aren’t they than the hydro tube? So it would be different filling instructions?

Edit: also thanks for this link, been using the curved and mini bubblers since I had a rogue and never filled them this way, gonna try it!

Jojofernz,
Reactions: Blackbeen

Blackbeen

But those are different aren’t they than the hydro tube? So it would be different filling instructions?

Edit: also thanks for this link, been using the curved and mini bubblers since I had a rogue and never filled them this way, gonna try it!
Different but not better, I would say worse, I never cared for mini bubblers (hydro tubes, whatever) prior to use with the Lobo as I said a full bong would work better IMO.

Last edited:
Blackbeen,

JDBones

6430hl.jpg
mf78e7.jpg

Where did you get this bubbler?

JDBones,

PactolusKY

Question yall, does anyone know what POTV means by "new release" on the lobo page? New release since when? It may be the pessimist in me, but I have a bad feeling all the ones sold during the black friday and cyber monday sales were the previous release, and that's why the price is back up to $160 for the "new release" as they proudly display. I know I can't be the only one to notice this.

What does new release mean?? They finally fixed the charging issue lol?

Last edited:
PactolusKY,

Mndeadhead

So, having the charging issue some other people are having. sent an email to POTV customer service this was the response I got:

If this issue does reoccur, please try these last steps, Ken, the manufacturer, has informed us that a cooler ambient can affect the charging performance of the device. I have also faced this issue with my Lobo, but have found troubleshooting to be the quickest solution.

- Ensure you are in a warmer room as we have seen a cooler ambient affect the performance of the device
- Please try to hold your Lobo in your hands or pocket to warm it up before charging
- Connect your Lobo immediately after a session is over and the device is still warm

Lastly, one effective solution to this issue is to use an external charger. This allows you to keep a few spare batteries available, which can be very helpful when you're on the move and need a charged battery. Additionally, using an external charger can help reduce any wear and tear on the power port of your device, which can significantly extend its lifespan.

Again, I sincerely apologize for this frustrating experience you have endured.

I guess I am a little confused and disappointed, but this feels like an attempt to deflect. I get that there is a work around, but i'd rather not have to make my wife stand on one foot and hop around, just to get it to charge properly, and I can't expect her to lug a charger or extra batteries around if she needs to swap out a battery.

What have others experienced here? Has the exchange process frictionless for you? In all my orders through POTV, I have never had to reach out their customer service. This was not what I expected. i expected an "oh crap dude, let's get you a proper working one..."

Telling a person who just smoked a bowl to remember to plug it in right after using is a little counterintuitive. If only 2% of folks have experienced it, I would think they would be quick to issue a replacement.

Thoughts? Trying no to be too critical or entitled...

PactolusKY

So, having the charging issue some other people are having. sent an email to POTV customer service this was the response I got:

If this issue does reoccur, please try these last steps, Ken, the manufacturer, has informed us that a cooler ambient can affect the charging performance of the device. I have also faced this issue with my Lobo, but have found troubleshooting to be the quickest solution.

- Ensure you are in a warmer room as we have seen a cooler ambient affect the performance of the device
- Please try to hold your Lobo in your hands or pocket to warm it up before charging
- Connect your Lobo immediately after a session is over and the device is still warm

Lastly, one effective solution to this issue is to use an external charger. This allows you to keep a few spare batteries available, which can be very helpful when you're on the move and need a charged battery. Additionally, using an external charger can help reduce any wear and tear on the power port of your device, which can significantly extend its lifespan.

I guess I am a little confused and disappointed, but this feels like an attempt to deflect. I get that there is a work around, but i'd rather not have to make my wife stand on one foot and hop around, just to get it to charge properly, and I can't expect her to lug a charger or extra batteries around if she needs to swap out a battery.

What have others experienced here? Has the exchange process frictionless for you? In all my orders through POTV, I have never had to reach out their customer service. This was not what I expected. i expected an "oh crap dude, let's get you a proper working one..."

Telling a person who just smoked a bowl to remember to plug it in right after using is a little counterintuitive. If only 2% of folks have experienced it, I would think they would be quick to issue a replacement.

Hey there bud. I had the same issue. It seems like so far every single person actually has this issue and has to get past it. I will explain to you what I did, it happened twice to me and it seems like after that it doesn;t happen anymore. Weird right?

But so. Someone on reddit said you can press the power button really fast and it brings up a diagnostic, and this did actually work for me the first time, but after that it would not work anymore. Weird, again. After that, I found taking the battery in and out, for some reason made it charge normally again. Its definitely frustrating, and if this "new release" is simply a fix for this, thats extremely insulting to the people who put faith in this company for our medicine.

BUT like I said, taking the battery in and out is what ultimately fixed it for me.

PactolusKY,

Mndeadhead

If you need to charge in the device and no external charger, I’d send it back while the warranty is good for a replacement. POTV has excellent support with easy return, which can be done via their website and they want you to be satisfied with their products.:2c:
i thought that was what i was trying to do...i assumed it was going to be a pain free experience. I'm confused by the take the battery out comment. given the fact that the device won't charge on its own, The battery gets removed quite frequently.

PactolusKY

i thought that was what i was trying to do...i assumed it was going to be a pain free experience. I'm confused by the take the battery out comment. given the fact that the device won't charge on its own, The battery gets removed quite frequently.
I don't know what to tell you, its just what worked for me and stopped the charging issue. I had to do it several times but it eventually stopped the issue. I mean- charging on its own. I took the battery in and out and then back in, and eventually the device started charging on its own again.

Also, I just have a feeling exchanging might not fix this. I've studied this specific vape alot (lol) on the internet and it seems like eventually almost everyone runs into the charging issue. This is why I'm suspicious of "new release" on the website it makes me feel like they sold us all slightly bunk devices and now they're putting out fixed ones.

AND I just wanna say its tronger without the dosing caps. If you loosely dump some flower in, holy shit dood you get amazing hits. Im high as fk

PactolusKY,

futzboy

First, thanks for sharing. That is disappointing and super frustrating. You bought a device from them. It does not function as they said it would. They should fix it or replace it. (Assuming you are under warranty.)

I have a first-release Lobo as well. But, my circumstances are such that I have used exclusively external charging. If I were in your shoes, I'd push back a second time. Then, if I didn't get an acceptable outcome, I'd put my money where my mouth is and 1) not buy their products in the future 2) consider not purchasing from them at all 3) share your experience with others (like you have been).

Mndeadhead

First, thanks for sharing. That is disappointing and super frustrating. You bought a device from them. It does not function as they said it would. They should fix it or replace it. (Assuming you are under warranty.)

I have a first-release Lobo as well. But, my circumstances are such that I have used exclusively external charging. If I were in your shoes, I'd push back a second time. Then, if I didn't get an acceptable outcome, I'd put my money where my mouth is and 1) not buy their products in the future 2) consider not purchasing from them at all 3) share your experience with others (like you have
Update: they emailed back today and I believe an RMA is coming.

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
I love the Argo, but the battery doors break. I have run through four units. The POTV LOBO is extremely sturdy and a pretty close unit to the Argo, but uses metal capsules.

Has anyone figured out how to get an Arizer-type glass tube all the way through the mouth piece so the unit can be used in lieu of the capsules. I could drill the hole in the plastic mouthpiece to fit the Arizer glass, but would rather find a slightly smaller diameter glass tube that holds weed like Arizer's. Perhaps I am asking for too much!

I do like the LOBO. Other than the mouthpiece, it never needs cleaning if you use capsules. And, again, it is extremely well built.

Gardenerjeff,
Reactions: PactolusKY

Jojofernz

Still a shame that this vape has this problem.

I personally never even tried using the lobo to charge the battery as I always heard it’s bad to do that if you can just charge externally anyway. Plus you always have a battery ready.

But for those affected, I wish they would instead come out with a fix instead of continuing to send out decides with the same power issue.

Recommended one to my buddy and him and his wife love it, but he said once I got him an external charger and batteries that really took it to the next level. So although it may be a “workaround” I feel external charger and extra batteries is a must for any vape that has that feature.

Blackbeen

I love the Argo, but the battery doors break. I have run through four units. The POTV LOBO is extremely sturdy and a pretty close unit to the Argo, but uses metal capsules.

Has anyone figured out how to get an Arizer-type glass tube all the way through the mouth piece so the unit can be used in lieu of the capsules. I could drill the hole in the plastic mouthpiece to fit the Arizer glass, but would rather find a slightly smaller diameter glass tube that holds weed like Arizer's. Perhaps I am asking for too much!
But WHY? The caps are one of the best parts of it IMO, hated that about the Solo II, dumping weed everywhere as it was designed bowl down, with the Lobo caps it doesn't matter as its all contained.

Blackbeen,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
hated that about the Solo II, dumping weed everywhere as it was designed bowl down
I've been happily using the HR Fierce glass stems that were left over from a Fierce unit I threw out. They fit the Lobo like Solo stems fit the Solo. A little loose but again just like Solo stems. Unfortunately I couldn't find any of those Fierce stems for sale since they discontinued the Fierce. I love those stems because they keep everything so clean and I also enjoy the glass taste. Maybe you could try your luck in the classifieds in case someone has those Fierce stems and they're willing to part with them.

@Blackbeen - you could eliminate the weed dump/mess for Solo(s) by putting the stem in with the Solo above the stem when you're inserting them.... so you're inserting the stem upwards into the unit/oven above the stem. When removing a stem do the same ... with the unit above the stem with the oven facing down.... start sucking the stem like a straw while pulling the stem out. The vacuum affect will keep all the herb in the stem's oven. The trick is using that stem like a straw with the Solo above it.

Blackbeen

I've been happily using the HR Fierce glass stems that were left over from a Fierce unit I threw out. They fit the Lobo like Solo stems fit the Solo. A little loose but again just like Solo stems. Unfortunately I couldn't find any of those Fierce stems for sale since they discontinued the Fierce. I love those stems because they keep everything so clean and I also enjoy the glass taste. Maybe you could try your luck in the classifieds in case someone has those Fierce stems and they're willing to part with them.

@Blackbeen - you could eliminate the weed dump/mess for Solo(s) by putting the stem in with the Solo above the stem when you're inserting them.... so you're inserting the stem upwards into the unit/oven above the stem. When removing a stem do the same ... with the unit above the stem with the oven facing down.... start sucking the stem like a straw while pulling the stem out. The vacuum affect will keep all the herb in the stem's oven. The trick is using that stem like a straw with the Solo above it.
Yeah, that's what I did, I have no reason to use it anymore the Lobo blows is out of the water unless you go for slow light hits.

Top Bottom