PIRO by lamart

coolbreeze

Same strong pure convection results as the brick etc., but the piro doesn’t require such a refined technique.
This is it in a nutshell.
however I also get a bit of a taste/aroma that I guess must be the wood. I don’t love that part and I’m wondering if it will fade with use? Anyone else experience this?
Have you tried it unloaded? I can't really see how the wood would be involved at all, so maybe it's something else. If you try it unloaded, can you still taste it? Could it be the flame? I ask because with the shorter all-glass path you may be able to taste it where the longer, presumeably oil-coated wood path in the Brick would mask it better?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I get easy, very good results with my piro. Same strong pure convection results as the brick etc., but the piro doesn’t require such a refined technique. Even extraction and hard to scorch/burn. no complaints as far as function! however I also get a bit of a taste/aroma that I guess must be the wood. I don’t love that part and I’m wondering if it will fade with use? Anyone else experience this?

Yeah I agree I don't see how the wood could be involved it is totally separate from the air and vapor path, in fact you could remove the wood and just use the glass... That is similar to the GVB submarine design except more traditional right angle for the intake instead of the be Piro U-turn that I really like... So yeah it depends what kind of pathway you are using it through, could be something else giving you that impression?

kimura

thanks for the input. I also didn't see how the wood could be involved, but was confused by the taste/aroma. I didn't realize I could remove the glass from the wood without breaking something, but it turns out I can. so I removed the wood and very thoroughly cleaned the glass again... weird taste is still there. I must be tasting the butane! It dawned on me that I have tasted this before with my SB Jr., but I chalked it up to the wood in the airpath getting too hot. turns out that's not what I was tasting. only took me like 10 years to figure it out. strange how I don't really notice it with the daisy.

anyway, what kind of butane are you all running? I am currently using colibri but want to try something else

Razhumikin

thanks for the input. I also didn't see how the wood could be involved, but was confused by the taste/aroma. I didn't realize I could remove the glass from the wood without breaking something, but it turns out I can. so I removed the wood and very thoroughly cleaned the glass again... weird taste is still there. I must be tasting the butane! It dawned on me that I have tasted this before with my SB Jr., but I chalked it up to the wood in the airpath getting too hot. turns out that's not what I was tasting. only took me like 10 years to figure it out. strange how I don't really notice it with the daisy.

anyway, what kind of butane are you all running? I am currently using colibri but want to try something else.
My first few experiences with direct draw vapes I was using an inferior butane and it soured it for me, I couldnt understamd why anybody liked something that tasted so bad. However, upon reccomendation from @Zillacon and @jasp3r i switched to Neon 11x and havent had the weird butane taste since.

Shit Snacks

Thank you

Oh yeah that does make so much more sense! I don't think that brand is the best, yeah neon should be, even vector is better I think I've had a lot of good use with that too... And remember the torch is a factor as well! The one that used to come with Daisy was actually very solid lol hard to find now

Shit Snacks

yep, I'm still using the old honest torches. I actually have a couple cans of vector lying around. I'll try that too thanks

Oh I'm not talking about the honest at all, I actually hated those, have had several and they always break on me lol Daisy and Lily bought direct from triihouse used to come with the old "power" brand torches that are a bit larger with different shape and trigger...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: kimura

kimura

Oh I'm not talking about the honest at all, I actually hated those, have had several and they always break on me lol Daisy and Lily bought direct from triihouse used to come with the old "power" brand torches that are a bit larger with different shape and trigger...

Oh shit I remember those now. Definitely had one. Lost to the ravages of time. Honest works ok as long as I don’t get the tip dirty (looking at you pocket lint) I revived a few by blowing on the tip like an NES cart haha

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Huge fan of this little thing, but I can't work out how to use it with the Glass Cooling Stem aka The Tank (or rather, if it can be used as pictured in the final shot, with the intake pointing upwards and the Cooling Stem on top). Of course I can assemble the two glass parts fine, but I'm unclear where/how I insert the basket.

I've tried it upside down once (intake facing the floor, stem underneath the device) and wasn't that successful. I thought others here may have experience. Francophone videos/ resources also welcome

Thanks for your help.

Perfect_Speed4069,
Reactions: coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Huge fan of this little thing, but I can't work out how to use it with the Glass Cooling Stem aka The Tank (or rather, if it can be used as pictured in the final shot, with the intake pointing upwards and the Cooling Stem on top). Of course I can assemble the two glass parts fine, but I'm unclear where/how I insert the basket.

I've tried it upside down once (intake facing the floor, stem underneath the device) and wasn't that successful. I thought others here may have experience. Francophone videos/ resources also welcome

Thanks for your help.
Yes, that's how I do it. Just put the basket in like normal, fill, pack it a bit with your finger and it should work fine.

You can also hold it like an inhaler, but that's a bit trickier I think.
IMG-5649.jpg

Anyhow, that little stem cools amazingly well!

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
One of the most amazing things about the Piro is putting it down for 3 months and then picking it back up again. After a break (dominated by flower in the EMK & TRWW QuartzCap) coming back to a half-bowl of Lebanese hash in the Piro was a comforting woolly scarf of a hit

Top Bottom