Phase3 Vaporizers

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Pic didn't work.

I have no ideas on that; never experienced anything like it, but no, I wouldn't think so.

I think your experience with a ZX will be much, much better than you fear, especially if your use is appropriate to it, ie, one-hitters. If you want to go larger, the ZX can handle amounts and distances beyond its basic operating range with little trouble, but you'd probably need to stir. With regards to the plastic smell, I just don't know what that's about. I did a burnoff in that range and noticed nothing unusual. It's been nothing but pure flavors for me.

Bottom line is that it's probably exactly what you're looking for unless you're wanting something that prefers a bigger load. In that case I wish I could recommend the ZXL because it is also really, really special.

To add on. The zx can do loads that take 3 hits to fully extract just fine. Heck, I've been able to have full sessions with basically double the amount of what I call a snapper. I tend to like the higher temps as I've found it helps me more with why I use cannabis. That said, turn my zx to 445 with such a load?

Flavor city and, at least for me, enough hits that I can't always fully finish the bowl.

Now, I do some stirring with this method, but usually only on the final clean up hit or two

I was skeptical on ball vapes too. But I feel like the zx is the vape I was looking for back when I jumped on the og cloud train.

Last edited:

howie105

Im interested in this vape. But im a bit concerned from the videos i saw. One on page #138, the other on the Troy YouTube show. The bowls dont look evenly extracted... in both videos some of the material is on the edge of combustion, while there is still bright green in there. Whats your experience regarding this?

I still remember buying into the rbt splinter hype, just to find out that it had terrible hotspots and no one ever mentioned the issue Different users, diffderent results, I have never had a need to stir when doing one hitters. However if I over pack the bowl I end up stiring. About the plastic smell, if menory serves zirconia dosent start off gassing till 4500 f however I don't know about the plastic in the PID which which is carrying the needed power to crank the vape up to 700 f which means internal case heat. Good Luck.

Im interested in this vape. But im a bit concerned from the videos i saw. One on page #138, the other on the Troy YouTube show. The bowls dont look evenly extracted... in both videos some of the material is on the edge of combustion, while there is still bright green in there. Whats your experience regarding this?

I still remember buying into the rbt splinter hype, just to find out that it had terrible hotspots and no one ever mentioned the issue :)
I have never had a need to stir when doing one hitter. However, if I over pack the bowl I end up stirring. About the plastic smell, if memory serves zirconia doesn't start off gassing till 4500 f however I don't know about the plastic in the PID. Which is carrying the needed power to crank the vape up to 700 f which means internal case heat. Good Luck.

coolbreeze

Try these links

*ttps://ibb.co/S5nzfK9

*ttps://ibb.co/kHLfTjs
Those worked! For future reference, you can upload your image to ibb, right-click on it and select 'copy image address,' and then paste that address into the field that opens for the 'insert image' button in this editor and it will embed the image in the page, with tools to adjust the size, etc.

IMG-2133.jpg

Whenever i photograph my avb it exaggerates the color and shading differences, as with Jerry's fingers, etc, so I take those screen caps with a grain of salt. My experience has not been the kind of unevenness you'd deduce form the pics.

zatonic

Whenever i photograph my avb it exaggerates the color and shading differences, as with Jerry's fingers, etc, so I take those screen caps with a grain of salt. My experience has not been the kind of unevenness you'd deduce form the pics.
Same! To me, that looks like a slightly over packed fine/medium grind load to the top with an abnormally high temp for the zx (other metal ball vapes tend to need more heat than zx) so, it was probably just an inexperienced session. Obviously just guessing here. Does Jerry post here on FC?

MennilTossFlykune

Also, some members here reported a bad plastic smell when going above 700… obviously one would not do that, but where does the smell come from? It does concern me since zirconia should not have any reaction at these temps right?
I only experienced an unpleasant smell during the initial burn off to clean the head of any residual material, I believe one other person had the same experience. I've been using it daily since and no issues whatsoever. It's a flavor machine.

My experience has not been the kind of unevenness you'd deduce form the pics.
My extraction is almost always incredibly even thanks to the design of the bowl as others have stated.

To me, that looks like a slightly over packed fine/medium grind load to the top with an abnormally high temp for the zx (other metal ball vapes tend to need more heat than zx) so, it was probably just an inexperienced session.
@zatonic I fully agree. It looks packed in and I believe that was the very first time they used it. The ZX really excels with coarsely ground, fluffy material.

TedJones

that was the very first time they used it.
Yea gotta give them that. Think they were a bit on the hotter side and surprised by the small form factor. Troy was using his big suction fab rig too. Was trying to assist in the chat when he was trying to seat the screen in glass bowl :lol: He was too baked, gave up, and don’t blame him. Great praise from both!

EasyVape

I only experienced an unpleasant smell during the initial burn off to clean the head of any residual material, I believe one other person had the same experience. I've been using it daily since and no issues whatsoever. It's a flavor machine.
Yeah I had the same type of initial burn off. If I had to guess I would think it's some type of lubricant used to install the heater to the coil.

lluther

So, I picked up a custom WPA from @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd , with a slight modification to his standard design, making the 14mm joint shorter so that it would work well with the ZX, as well as the Couchlog for which it was originally designed.

One of the benefits of this WPA is the adjustable screen; it can be moved anywhere inside the stem and stays in place.

Was relatively fast delivery to the UK as well.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That smell is just hand oils burning off, totally normal and very temporary.

I’ve considered doing a burn off at home before sending out units, but most people are going to touch and check out their new device before powering on so there’s really no real benefit.

So, I picked up a custom WPA from @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd , with a slight modification to his standard design, making the 14mm joint shorter so that it would work well with the ZX, as well as the Couchlog for which it was originally designed.

One of the benefits of this WPA is the adjustable screen; it can be moved anywhere inside the stem and stays in place.

Was relatively fast delivery to the UK as well.

Very cool, that’s similar to what a lot of log vapes use.

Though I do find the basket screen shape tends to create more debris than a flat screen as there’s more surface area for particulates to get through on the sides.

I proposed adding two more screen shelves to the new ZX bowls, but it didn’t seem to generate a ton of interest. I guess most are pretty satisfied with the zirconia bowls as is ; but I do have an update or two id like to experiment with. I might try and order some samples of the Pro bowl instead for testing.

Basically the idea there is easier cleaning and maintenance, a little bit of conduction in the perimeter to keep the bowl walls clean, and a more insulated handle.

vapefritz

I proposed adding two more screen shelves to the new ZX bowls, but it didn’t seem to generate a ton of interest. I guess most are pretty satisfied with the zirconia bowls as is ; but I do have an update or two id like to experiment with. I might try and order some samples of the Pro bowl instead for testing.
I missed that, but would be really interesting to me! The original ZX bowls are close to perfect, but sometimes I wish they'd be a little bit larger. Twice as much volume and three shelf positions would give more flexibility, make bigger hits possible, and improve on micro doses too because you can bring it closer to the heat. I'm in on the idea!

Tbh not sure if I'd order one though, because of the whole shipping, customs, taxes annoyances. So slightly ot: Have you ever considered working with a european reseller? I like lacentralvapeur, they send to whole europe and are friendly and professional. But any would do! :)

solenya

My interest was immediately piqued by adding those screen shelves to the zx platform and i actually messaged you a bit ago asking if you were gonna bring that to market. I love my zxl but a more versatile zx may be able to supplant it and would love to see that happen.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I missed that, but would be really interesting to me! The original ZX bowls are close to perfect, but sometimes I wish they'd be a little bit larger. Twice as much volume and three shelf positions would give more flexibility, make bigger hits possible, and improve on micro doses too because you can bring it closer to the heat. I'm in on the idea!

Tbh not sure if I'd order one though, because of the whole shipping, customs, taxes annoyances. So slightly ot: Have you ever considered working with a european reseller? I like lacentralvapeur, they send to whole europe and are friendly and professional. But any would do! :)

That was sort of the idea behind it, though when I considered how often I’d actually change the screen from the standard position to one above or below I’m not totally sure it’s as useful as it sounds. The ZX already works so well as-is with barely any material, and loading more herb kinda goes against the quick one hitter theme of just loading another fresh bowl.

Yes I have been asked by retailers and customers about carrying my products but the current prices are too low to accommodate that.

I wish there was a simple solution.
If I set the prices to where they should be to grow the business sustainably, develop new ideas, be able to keep stuff in stock and offer wholesale to retailers; then the orders drop off - which is why I’m constantly struggling to stay alive, even though I offer a great connoisseur grade product with top tier vapor quality and awesome user feedback.

The only real solution I see to keep this brand alive, ultimately, is to come out with something new that gets way more attention.

I’m still trying to finish off this half order of ZXLs that have been for sale for 5 months now. In a normal business they would go on sale to increase the sell-through rate, but the current price is already too low to really even re-order, so it’s a real sustainability problem lol.

My interest was immediately piqued by adding those screen shelves to the zx platform and i actually messaged you a bit ago asking if you were gonna bring that to market. I love my zxl but a more versatile zx may be able to supplant it and would love to see that happen.

I mean they haven’t started production on the new bowls yet so it’s possible I could add the other screen shelves in still if there was enough interest in buying one, but screen installation is one of the only things some customers struggle with, so on one hand I’m not sure more shelf options really helps in that regard.

The farthest shelf would be ~33% larger than the current setting, about the same size as the glass bowl, maybe a bit more. And the first shelf is 33% less than the standard position.

EasyVape

I’m still trying to finish off this half order of ZXLs that have been for sale for 5 months now. In a normal business they would go on sale to increase the sell-through rate, but the current price is already too low to really even re-order, so it’s a real sustainability problem lol.
If I'm reading this correctly, you have a cash flow problem because you're sitting on ZXL stock from the previous batch due to the MOQ order requirements. If this is the case, the ZXL label says it's on pre-order for round 2 and flagged as out of stock. If you want to sell through the remaining stock I would change the labels and button text on your site to show the product is in stock but low number of units remaining.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
If I'm reading this correctly, you have a cash flow problem because you're sitting on ZXL stock from the previous batch due to the MOQ order requirements. If this is the case, the ZXL label says it's on pre-order for round 2 and flagged as out of stock. If you want to sell through the remaining stock I would change the labels and button text on your site to show the product is in stock but low number of units remaining.

The ZXL is out of stock on my website because I don't have any coil stands to complete the entire "kit."
I wiped out the inventory from DC last time I ordered stands and they didn't have enough for all of the vape kits I needed to supply.

I just put that Round 2 message up this afternoon thinking if I could sell through the rest of the ZXL's shortly maybe I would go all in on some more to try and keep the ZXL going. It would be nice to continue growing the lineup rather than backtrack! I figure I could squeeze some in to this upcoming production run if there was a reason to.

I admit I should put a lot more effort into marketing the ZXL (and all my other stuff) but I always feel weird hyping up my own products. Maybe that's just me being stubborn.

One thing I think I underestimated is that the ZX works so well and so easily that it doesn’t really generate much discussion as there’s not a whole lot to talk about. It’s weird that could be a negative but in hindsight having something to tinker with and figure out seems to actually be beneficial in regards to sustaining an online presence.

Back to working on fresh designs, I recently created a brand new high surface area system for heating and cooling purposes. The improved airflow and routing should increase the heat transfer rate over ball vapes.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I’m due for the XL if you’ve got some sets of just head and bowl in. I had been on an extended honeymoon with Tempest (it’s so good), having had house guests for a while I didn’t want my whole kit out. Now that I have the station up and running again I would love to give the big bro a go!

Awesome vape space 😻

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I put the XL away for a few days and went back to the z8. It was good to have the small efficient chamber back in rotation. I did find that I was missing the XL experience a little though. So I'm now using the half bowl setup. The reduction in distance to the screen makes quite a difference to the settings, I'm back at the same level I run the z8 at. The experience is soooo similar to my memory of the 1.7 and screen at the bottom of the glass joint of an adapter. For now, I think this is my favourite setup. It's glorious!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I put the XL away for a few days and went back to the z8. It was good to have the small efficient chamber back in rotation. I did find that I was missing the XL experience a little though. So I'm now using the half bowl setup. The reduction in distance to the screen makes quite a difference to the settings, I'm back at the same level I run the z8 at. The experience is soooo similar to my memory of the 1.7 and screen at the bottom of the glass joint of an adapter. For now, I think this is my favourite setup. It's glorious!

🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂

It’s funny, the original design for my 18MM vape was just a ceramic version of the InVerzion 1.7 - there’s a rendering on my instagram somewhere early on.

But after making the ZX I realized I could just scale that up to make the ZXL and keep the theme going. I do like having the top ring on the Z series to prevent any coil slippage from above compared to the 1.7 design though.
The Z8/ZX went on to use the 1.7 bead chamber dimensions and the ZXLs is somewhere in between the 1.5 and the 1.7

So glad you’re enjoying the ZXL, I also like the half bowl screen position myself, gives a really nice tasty zlammer 😄

I’m trying to figure out if I should do my hybrid vape concept in 16MM like the ZX or 20MM like the ZXL 🤔

Everyone comment below what you’re looking for in a new desktop powerhouse 📝

Top Bottom