Phase3 Vaporizers

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Pretty stoked about the new bowl like everyone else here, preorder is in so everything is groovy. I’m just sad that it isn’t viable for inverted to continue with Phase 3, although when I think about it, I’m incredibly grateful that I have a Z8 and will have a dedicated Zirc bowl soon. I’m so thankful that he conceived this kickass device and brought it to fruition, because the Z8 has turned out to be the endgame for me personally. Not only has it cured my VAS condition, it’s honestly killed my interest in my other plug-ins and there’s nothing else out there that really excites me. I was down for the next big thing from inverted of course but otherwise, I haven’t seen a lot of innovation going on in this space. Maybe something huge will come along that magically transforms the home vaporization experience and that’s pretty much what it would take to grab my attention enough to buy another plug-in. I can’t imagine heating plant matter can get much more intense, efficient or tasty* than the Z experience.

*”tasty” is defined by the world’s leading expert in these matters as receiving the true flavour profile of the individual flower which isn’t coloured in any way by the components being used.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Finally got a chance to use mine and get it dialed in

so far rocking 460 degrees on a DC Pelinail is where I’m set at.
the stock bowl sucks for keeping the screens in like others have said, so I ordered the Vgoodiez bowl and OWW wood handle
I have a custom made 18 to 14 reducer that works really well as a bowl I found.
Just ordered the Zirconia bowl though, so expect that to become the main driver! Excited for that.

when I first opened the package I thought it was not assembled (the coil) and I start cursing lol. Because I didn’t realize how small it was, lol. Then once I unwrapped it, I realized it’s all there haha. It really is small compared to a B1

its really nice so far
i am kind of interested in zirconia balls too, to make it 100 percent zirconia path
but I assume it’s already been tested and the rubies have some benefits?

tonight I try some concentrate topped bowls!

Dont Die Brother
times can get tough we get tougher
FC4Life

coolbreeze

Having run multiple small businesses that have struggled and failed I get you, but I also think it’s important to remember that very few things really take off fast in a way that can support even one person.

Most businesses require significant investment and take multiple years to even turn a profit. As far as I can tell you’re ahead of the game there, just not where you need to be yet. For a lot of small businesses that is the end because people just can’t continue to put the time and money in hoping that it will pay off later. A lot of times sadly it never does. :(

I think if you’d had the first small ball vape on the market instead of just in your head/prototypes, and if you’d got some buzz on reddit and with reviewers/influencers I think you could be selling more than any of the competition.

As it is, I think more people need to hear about it and understand why it might be better for them.

I try to tell people some things I think are advantages over others, but some people are stuck on specific issues like the 14 vs 18mm size and I think they just have to either try it or hear from enough people that the size is more of a positive than a negative. Having bowls that natively fit 18mm glass easily available could also help…

Maybe we should have a discussion here about what people might be concerned about and whether or not we think those are real issues?

I can start by saying that on size I can fit at least as much as I’d put in a conduction oven into the standard P3 glass bowl and it extracts it so much faster I can’t imagine being able to handle more vapor than I’m getting.

I’ve got a low tolerance so I probably put more like 0.05g or less in at a time and I still get a lot of vapor out of that fast.

If I fill the bowl I turn the temp down and use it much slower but I still have to take a shorter draw. A full bowl at a high temp would leave me coughing like crazy and not being able to stand anymore just due to the sheer volume of vapor.

Maybe some people can handle a lot more and more dense vapor than I can, but it’s hard for me to believe they could outpace a Phase 3 vaporizer.

If you have to pack it in @invertedisdead I get it, but I think you’ve got great stuff here and I think we’d all be better off if you could instead adjust your expectations, keep them available as a side project rather than your main focus since I know you need money, and maybe keep looking at other ways and places to get the name out there and build a solid reputation.

It might take some adjustments, or it might just need time to reach enough of the right people…

I think the reason sales dropped off is there was a lot of pent up demand from those of us who were waiting for this exact device to be released and people who buy and compare tons of these things, and since we don’t need 10 or even 2 of them those sales have slowed a lot (apart from potential accessory sales).

Now this is the period where hopefully our evangelism can start to build out a broader base of people who know and love the ZX/etc. who will hopefully in turn spread it to another round of buyers and so on.

If that works, and I think there is some evidence in this and other threads that it is starting to work, I still think there’s a very legitimate path forward if you want to take it.

If you want to talk about more ideas or if I might be able to help keep things going, just DM me and I’m happy to see what else we could do. :)

Whatever you decide, thanks for creating some awesome stuff and getting it into the hands of people who love it and will use it for years to come. We appreciate you man. :cheers:

I hope I didn’t ramble so much no one reads this… :rolleyes:
Beautifully said. @invertedisdead , I have one of each and my only dilemma is which to use. The Zs are endgame for me. I would not be able to use other ballvapes as a daily; these are perfect. I hope there's a way forward because I think there are many out there like me for whom these are just the right vape, they just haven't found it yet.

Bowl ordered!

lazylathe

Almost there...
@invertedisdead

I have written my review 3 times now and every time just before posting, I discover something new and amazing about your ZX!
It had me very confused at first because of it's totally different approach to ball vapes in general.
You have surpassed the other ball vape manufacturers in my opinion. That statement requires backing up and here it is...

Remember the VCR?? Beta Max and then VHS and now we walk around with hundreds of movies in our phones!
Look at every other ball vape manufacturer and what do you see?
HEAVY, LARGE heads filled with beads run at reasonable temps, my previous ceramic ball vape ran at 100C hotter than my ZX!!!

My other ball vapes now feel like outdated computers! Large and clumsy.
The ZX is sleek, minimal and very tiny!!
It's a game changer! 100%!!

Onto my new discovery... Not new and not mine but just go with it... :-)

In the beginning I had some issues setting up my ZX with regards to temp, draw speed and grind.
Fine is awesome for micro heavy hitters!
Medium grind is good for everything.
Temp is at 218C which is 424.4F.
ABV is a very light hay with a slight greenish tinge. Perfect for massive amounts of flavor!
Draw speed is whatever you really feel like, once dialed in.

I always use whatever setup is recommended for bowls and screens but wanted to see what would happen if I made a small basket screen and raised it till the lip of the ZX heater. Basket holds about 2mm of bud slightly compacted.
Cap it and rip it hard!
It's absolutely fantastic!

More people need to try this little pocket rocket out!
The absolute power from such a small device is unbelievable!

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I'm so happy to see more people thoroughly enjoy Ryan's designs. I have been very lucky to try a reasonable number of his vapes at this point, the zx is the fifth I think, including the Sandcastle... Each one has been very enjoyable in it's own way and I'm always looking forward to the next!

InhaleExhale

Hey all, been on the road so I haven't been here for at least a week. Zirc bowl is ordered!

The Disorderly Conduction coil you use, is it some kind of deep dish with an extra wrap? I've seen the ones on their website, looks like they have one less wrap then yours, maybe it's just the picture. Anyways, just curious
I'll answer this - my Disorderly Conduction coil has 5 wraps, not the 4 that is pictured at their site.

My ZX came with coil attached, without the coils being spread apart at all. Works fabulous as it is, but I'm wondering if I stretched the coil wouild that improve it? - tighter fit, and it reaches further down the ZX where the lowest balls sit.
Mentioned earlier in this thread by @invertedisdead - you certainly can stretch the coil if you like. His goal behind using zirconia was to minimize heat transfer between the ball vape and the bowl (limiting conduction heating) so stretching the coil could potentially increase the likelihood of heat transfer. From my own experience with a DC 16mm coil and the ZX I can handle the glass bowl IMMEDIATELY after a hit - reasonably hot, but not severely so. I kind of wish someone had FLIR and could get an image of the ZX on a coil - my theory is that the bottom portion which mates with the bowl is significantly cooler than the coil portion since ceramic is so effective at heat dispersion.

He did design the ZX for use on the DC coil so for me there is no reason to stretch the DC coil - YMMV.

the stock bowl sucks for keeping the screens in like others have said
Not trying to flame, but I don't get this statement - "like others have said"? :huh: Really haven't seen others saying that. I've been using his 14mm bowls exclusively with only a few occasions of trouble. Had a screen pop lose once while stirring :doh:, been solid and secure otherwise. Still using the original screen he provided with the bowl - the ZX is my daily driver. Planting the screen in the bowl with another 14mm joint makes the process easy. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Another option for 14mm glass injector bowls is Vgoodiez, they do steel and glass screen versions too. Someday I might break down and try a wood bowl...

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Thanks to all of your gracious support it appears that PHASE3 will live on at least a while longer! :rockon:
Hopefully this is just a sign of more good things to come. 🤞
I couldn't have done it without ya (literally)
So thank you kindly for keeping my head above water, it means and helps a lot.

There was a minor cosmetic issue on the incoming housings that needed to be fixed which created a one week delay, so everything should be shipping out this week, including the new zirconia bowls!

Thanks for the confidence boost, been kinda down and out lately just going through it, but I'm happy to be here and happy for the opportunity to offer more innovaping gear as long as I can!! I wanted to reply to everyone but it takes me so long these days just to write this message, just know your comments mean a lot and I thank everyone for chiming in and lifting me up.

Cheers and happy Monday to everyone in the Z-Tribe! 💚

-Ryan

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
So I moved not long ago and then had my right knee replaced just three weeks ago. I've been reading but not really sharing much lately. Last night, I took out the Z8 and hooked it up. Now I have the Z8 and ZX setup side by side. Just getting back into vaping now and I love these vapes.

So the bittersweet news from @invertedisdead I've been thinking about a lot. I'm glad you are moving forward with the bowl and hopefully other ideas in the future. When I saw the post that Phase 3 was going to close up, I went back and looked thru the FC history. I discovered @invertedisdead in November of 2021 which is 20-months after his first post. His first post in this thread pre-dates the release of the Terp Torch which is an iconic early vape. The Phase 3 designs go back to the very beginning of the ball vape revolution.

In that time @invertedisdead showed that mass was not the critical design element to performance (now all the vapes have shed mass even the new Cannabis Hardware pieces), the first to Zirconium usage, and also the first to a 14mm dedicated injector (the Couch Log uses a 14 mm post that can be used as an injector and that has been around for awhile). These design elements have found their way into other products by Cloud Connissuer, Occonnell Wood Works, and others. It's cool to see that the ideas @invertedisdead's used first have been proven by this general adoption.

The story is bittersweet because he hasn't enjoyed much if any commercial success. Running a small business is so tough.

So @invertedisdead here are a few thoughts I wanted to share with you:

1. THANK YOU. I really appreciate all the work and effort you have put into these designs and getting these into my hands and all those that have bought from you.

2. When things aren't going I well, I tend to focus on the negatives as if that was the whole story when it's not. Now commercial success while certainly important isn't the whole even if we all have bills and costs, but on the flip side when I look at what you have accomplished from a design perspective I see lots of cool and very successful ideas. I celebrate that and I hope you do too. Your design and engineering work is outstanding. I see that as a form of great success and I hope you do too. Plus look at all the lives you've impacted with your products!!!

3. I really do hope you are able to continue to innovate whether it's full time or not. You can count on me to pre-order your products when they become available. A big part of sales is marketing. The vape space is niche and the ball vape space even smaller. If you can get the influencers to try and use your stuff (Troy and Jerry (420 Vape Zone and Think Dank) and/or Sneaky Pete - that would help spread the word, FC is a great resource for all of us nerds but that's probably not a big enough audience. Some additional voices out celebrating these devices will help a lot.

4. Lastly, if there is anything I can do to help let me know. Over the 18-months or so that I've been lurking here, you and I have had many discussions and emails. I hope we get to sit down and sesh some time. I think of you as a friend. I wish you and your family all the best!!

I'm so psyched about the bowl and I hope someday we get to try a Z-PRO or whatever other cool idea that you come up with!!

Peace. CHEERS (taking a hit of Ice Cream Cake with the Z8 at 488 on an Auber).

MaddyHighDef

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Should I do an 18MM ZXL?

I'm super content personally with the 14MM ZX, but some people have been asking for an 18MM since I did the Z8. And I'm sorta on a "give the people what they want" kind of vibe right now so let me know if that's something that interests anyone!

As for bringing the SX back - probably not since it would be nearly identical to that other 14MM stainless ball vape that's out now and those sell for less than it cost me to make the SX for. Of course I could probably make them overseas for less, but the whole point of the SX was to support local manufacturing. Might do a Mako injector in the SX style and form factor instead of bringing the SX back, I think that could be really cool.

Maybe some new dab stuff if I can swing it.

So I moved not long ago and then had my right knee replaced just three weeks ago. I've been reading but not really sharing much lately. Last night, I took out the Z8 and hooked it up. Now I have the Z8 and ZX setup side by side. Just getting back into vaping now and I love these vapes.

So the bittersweet news from @invertedisdead I've been thinking about a lot. I'm glad you are moving forward with the bowl and hopefully other ideas in the future. When I saw the post that Phase 3 was going to close up, I went back and looked thru the FC history. I discovered @invertedisdead in November of 2021 which is 20-months after his first post. His first post in this thread pre-dates the release of the Terp Torch which is an iconic early vape. The Phase 3 designs go back to the very beginning of the ball vape revolution.

In that time @invertedisdead showed that mass was not the critical design element to performance (now all the vapes have shed mass even the new Cannabis Hardware pieces), the first to Zirconium usage, and also the first to a 14mm dedicated injector (the Couch Log uses a 14 mm post that can be used as an injector and that has been around for awhile). These design elements have found their way into other products by Cloud Connissuer, Occonnell Wood Works, and others. It's cool to see that the ideas @invertedisdead's used first have been proven by this general adoption.

The story is bittersweet because he hasn't enjoyed much if any commercial success. Running a small business is so tough.

So @invertedisdead here are a few thoughts I wanted to share with you:

1. THANK YOU. I really appreciate all the work and effort you have put into these designs and getting these into my hands and all those that have bought from you.

2. When things aren't going I well, I tend to focus on the negatives as if that was the whole story when it's not. Now commercial success while certainly important isn't the whole even if we all have bills and costs, but on the flip side when I look at what you have accomplished from a design perspective I see lots of cool and very successful ideas. I celebrate that and I hope you do too. Your design and engineering work is outstanding. I see that as a form of great success and I hope you do too. Plus look at all the lives you've impacted with your products!!!

3. I really do hope you are able to continue to innovate whether it's full time or not. You can count on me to pre-order your products when they become available. A big part of sales is marketing. The vape space is niche and the ball vape space even smaller. If you can get the influencers to try and use your stuff (Troy and Jerry (420 Vape Zone and Think Dank) and/or Sneaky Pete - that would help spread the word, FC is a great resource for all of us nerds but that's probably not a big enough audience. Some additional voices out celebrating these devices will help a lot.

4. Lastly, if there is anything I can do to help let me know. Over the 18-months or so that I've been lurking here, you and I have had many discussions and emails. I hope we get to sit down and sesh some time. I think of you as a friend. I wish you and your family all the best!!

I'm so psyched about the bowl and I hope someday we get to try a Z-PRO or whatever other cool idea that you come up with!!

Peace. CHEERS (taking a hit of Ice Cream Cake with the Z8 at 488 on an Auber).

MaddyHighDef

Howdy friend, and thanks so much for the kind comments and your continued support, I’m always stoked to know that people are still enjoying my stuff, it’s a rewarding feeling and definitely my favorite part about even selling stuff.

Gonna try and keep my head up and just keep innovating and making better products; still tons of concepts left to show off so long as I can stay afloat here!

Thanks everyone for rocking with me while we attempt to hold these pieces together long enough for the glue to dry 😂

Happy vaping all
- Your friend Ryan

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
probably not since it would be nearly identical to that other 14MM stainless ball vape that's out now and those sell for less than it cost me to make the SX for. Of course I could probably make them overseas for less, but the whole point of the SX was to support local manufacturing

I thought that you were still the only one making 14 mm injector vapes?? Regardless of (imo best avail) material I thought that was what kept your offerings unique... Definitely still a nice special offering if your stainless steel was US made too although I guess not everyone is going to pay more for that but already a reasonable price with that material so could still be a worthwhile possibility if feasible for you of course?

Could be a good idea to do a limited run with 18 mm for the people that want that as well to collect, but that size is so much more competitive, so I would just set expectations accordingly, still would stand out being from you either way though! Keep on keepin on

coolbreeze

The 14mm's are uniquely useful to me but if I were in the market for an 18mm injector, that would be the one. Based on my experience with the Zs I'd expect its design and function to be a cut above.

Edit: i also think it's brilliant to market it as something different from the brand's norm. Making the standard-sized injector (18mm) your 'XL' is clever and underlines the specialness of the 14s.

Last edited:

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I guess I sorta see it like the XL kits for Q. I have a fairly high medical regimen and the ZX pumps out everything I could ask for, just like my Q does. I could see maybe if I had friends over to sesh frequently, but solo use I don’t think anyone uses “too much” for a standard ZX or Qaroma to keep up.

Options are always good, but just because something is good at size X does not mean it will be better (or even on par) at size X•Y.

namasteIII

I say don’t, that sub market is even more saturated than the already highly saturated share a pizza with 18 people market you’ve pointed out in the past.

It also dedicates time and resources away from your niche. I think it’s better to develop within your niche than away from it.

Whilst people who make stuff should give the people what they want, they should also sometimes not, especially if they know better.

Like a great chef, we don’t walk in the kitchen and tell them what to cook, instead we sit back and let them create something great.

Lastly this thread and I believe yourself are full of evidence that your well made 14mm often makes 18mm more cons than pros.

Simply tho, do what you want, and would want to use. I suspect its not 18mm, but if it is then go for it.

onesixty2

I don't currently have an 18mm injector head, just the 14mm S&ZX, my CouchLog, and then the Zeal 22mm diffusers.. personally I would not go for an 18mm version just because I already have the size below and above it, and like others and I have posted before.. your 14mm platform and the efficiency is what sets this apart to me. I'm sure you could design a more efficient 18mm injector.. but I thought the main selling point of this at 14mm was for the purpose of being as efficient as possible. I don't think a ZXXL offering would increase sales, you would cover more of the niche, but I don't think this is the rabbit to chase. Maybe i'm wrong and there's a huge crowd of people sitting on 18mm injector chambers, without any interest in trying out a 14mm, but i highly doubt this would be more than just stressful. I'm sure lots of regulars would return and buy another variant, but that won't create additional word of mouth.

Re: local made SX, naw bro, if you bring this back stay local I loved that about it, too. I immediately jumped on and ordered the SX when you announced it, and in-part, due to the local support involved with it. People want quality, and if you are able to support local shops people like us will be there for it, still. I have no idea who else you'd be referring to with a SS 14mm head like yours but priced lower, but i'm willing to bet people would still sign up for the chance. The SX lil stainless steel head is going to be a forever powerhouse for those of us who were paying attention to that pre-order round.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Should I do an 18MM ZXL?

I'm super content personally with the 14MM ZX, but some people have been asking for an 18MM since I did the Z8. And I'm sorta on a "give the people what they want" kind of vibe right now so let me know if that's something that interests anyone!
I think you should absolutely do whatever you want, but I don't see any advantage or an 18mm injector over a 14mm. I would probably be interested in the diffuser style for a smaller bowl, but really that might not be all that interesting. Guess I would have to try it to find out.

Anyway it's such a small community of dry herb vapers I can understand trying to please everyone. Although, since I'm not someone looking for a bigger ZX, my opinion is probably not too helpful. 🙂

Top Bottom