Phase3 Vaporizers

jbm

Is there a trick getting the screen into the stock bowl? Because today when I emptied my first bowl, the screen popped out and I have been unable to get either that screen or a spare to seat in the bowl. I’ve spent the afternoon off and on trying to get it to stay in, to no avail. Great vape but this bowl is not optimal.

pudgewack

This is the method I use to seat the screen:

Sativapo

Another good method if you have a rimless basket screen is to shape it to have a flat bottom turning it in a custom sized cup screen. You put a male 14mm joint in the basket to press the bottom flat, than you press the sides against the joint. This way the sides hold with friction and you can even adjust the distance while having a more stable screen that you can tinker or brush easily without waiting reclaim to "stick" it.

Sativapo,
Reactions: whatitdew

jbm

This is the method I use to seat the screen:

Thanks for that. I had tried that earlier with no luck but then watched the video, used a shorter adapter, and managed to get it after a couple tries.

jbm,

Sultana lungs

It's gonna be a while before I have more glass bowls as I put all of my earnings into the zirconia bowls coming up next. Solid State Concepts is working on some glass bowls for me right now though. Also the ZX still works with any off the shelf 14/20 or 14/23 glass adapter.

Also realistically, in the sake of transparency; sales are still down a lot and I'm still dealing with the consequences of that, so there's just no money left to order them, more beads, or more electronics.

I might still have to run a pre-order to even get the zirconia bowls here 🤷‍♂️

I'm not sure that there's any room for me in this industry. It was worth trying, and I gave it my 110% all, but at this point I'm about ready to start looking for new work.

I said I wasn't going to get involved in these games, racing to the bottom; but I see the posts and that's exactly what people want; so the options are just looking slimmer and slimmer. Wish it wasn't like this but it is what it is. This is a hard industry to survive and in the last 10+ years I've seen nearly every company come and go so I have to be prepared to face the same fate.
Sad to know you’re venture is souring I think you’re effort’s have been as good if not better than most I stupidly own 8 ballers the zx imo is more than worthy keep up the good work I’m up for a preorder

simba

@weedanwine
I'm not sure that there's any room for me in this industry. It was worth trying, and I gave it my 110% all, but at this point I'm about ready to start looking for new work.

I said I wasn't going to get involved in these games, racing to the bottom; but I see the posts and that's exactly what people want; so the options are just looking slimmer and slimmer. Wish it wasn't like this but it is what it is. This is a hard industry to survive and in the last 10+ years I've seen nearly every company come and go so I have to be prepared to face the same fate.

It's tough for you. Your current product has a niche within a niche audience. We know dry herb vapers are still the minority, and within that group, people using ball vapes are smaller still. No matter how great the instant vapor delivery is, the form factor is always going to keep some people away.

Let's be real, most people want portable vapes, and the ones who do want desktops often don't want exposed heating elements.

I hope you can workout some way to use pre-orders to make sure you can still create cool vapes without it damaging you financially.

Oil420FL

It's tough for you. Your current product has a niche within a niche audience. We know dry herb vapers are still the minority, and within that group, people using ball vapes are smaller still. No matter how great the instant vapor delivery is, the form factor is always going to keep some people away.

Let's be real, most people want portable vapes, and the ones who do want desktops often don't want exposed heating elements.

I hope you can workout some way to use pre-orders to make sure you can still create cool vapes without it damaging you financially.
Yes and niche manufacturers like Matt at iNeedHemp seem to have grown their business (at least in part) by repeatedly upgrading their products. And most importantly, fans buy the upgrades. So every new generation will generate enough orders from the existing customer base to potentially sell out the first run. Finding new customers is more costly according to the marketing guy I used to work with.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Well, despite running a sale for most of last month, June was by far the worst yet. Suffice to say, we aren't growing at all. I said this before, but it's kinda like sharing a single medium pizza with 19 people.

Just trying to figure out how to handle this zirconia bowl thing and get out of here quick and painlessly because I'm not sure that I really wanna mess with this anymore, just don't see the point.

Thanks for everyone who supported the dream, we tried. I honestly thought this was going to change my life lol sheesh 😵‍💫

Oh well, see ya in the cloudZzzz

Take care,
💚💙💜
-Ryan

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Hey brother, maybe I'm delusional, maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I believe in you and in your vision. You might not have made a fortune but your efforts with the inV iterations has definately driven the market forward. Now that you're up and running it's only a matter of time before you are in a position to profit from the next revolution you come up with, and I have no doubt that you will (or most likely already have) come up with one.

Failing that, email airizer.... I'm sure they could use your help! 😉

hendrix

Sorry to hear your venture didn't work out the way you hoped. I haven't been along the ride the whole time but just received my ZX last Thursday, I ordered it the previous Thursday so appreciate the quick service getting it up to Canada. Was initially going to pull the trigger back in May I think, but when heard about the upcoming zirconia bowls I waited, but come June couldn't wait anymore.

This is my first post, long time lurker on FC, just joined last week to finally comment on vapes. I go through at least a gram of flower a day, more on the weekends, been blazing since a teen so over 25 years, but only vaping for 2 years now. Started off with the Volcano, mighty & Solo 2, but the last year has been mostly with the TiTi.

Been getting to know the ZX since Thursday and I absolutely love it. Has the same small form factor, but much lighter. It's very smooth and sleek, love the black zirconia, and it just looks really nice. Performs really well, been trying to dial it in these past couple days to figure out what works best for me. I like having one big initial hoot, like a bong hoot, so that's why was looking forward to this one. My style is to have the ZX on most the time, be able to walk up, take a huge rip, put it down and go about my day. I guess I like to do that but also do session style loading a bunch of bowls. I have found it to be quite efficient, and good for smaller bowls/less material if you like - good microdoser. And the taste is definelty on point too.

Been using the phase3 adapter bowl, works great, is hands free, proper airtight seal and works well. But surprisingly I found it working great with this nice Eds Tnt bowl I got from vgoodiez a while back, getting huge rips with it. The seal isn't as tight, but the little bit of air that slips through just makes the extraction quicker it seemed. Anyways, I'm still learning this Vape and all, but it's been fun as it produces the thick clouds I like, and doesn't eat through weed which is a problem for me. I easily go through an ounce and half per month, any efficient vapes like this help me cut down on costs of my favorite hobby - vaping.

Ryan although I've only been following you for a bit and of course just recently made my purchase from you, I'm super sad if you decide to go. I liked your scientific take on vapor extraction, and was looking forward to this ZX, z-pro, and all your other ideas and innovations coming up. I hope you bring those to life one day as I'll be a buyer for sure. As for your Business, I'll echo the other poster before, it's a niche market of ball vape users, not enough customers or eyes on your product to have orders coming in every day. I think we're in a period where slowly more cannabis users whether smokers or vapors will be turning to ball vapes because it produces the high density vapor they're seeking, and maybe the popularity would take off in such a way there'd be enough customers for everyone to share - at least among the top ten ball vape manufacturers, you being one of them.

Anyways I'm rambling on, woke up this morning for my usual wake & bake and worked the ZX pretty hard, really high right now. I wish you all the best... whether you decide to keep this business going and it works out somehow, or build new vapes for just a hobby while getting a normal job

I'll continue to post proper reviews of the ZX as I get to know it better, along with a video using it the my Eds Tnt bowl soon. Ryan thanks for providing this community with a beautiful & amazing vape.

Cheers all,

staircase slight of hand

Finally about to pull the trigger on a ZX bundle, and it’s going to be my first gear that requires a PID controller. My aesthetic sensibilities are leaning really hard toward an Auber 300b just because I prefer the look of the metal housing and don’t really care about the ability to use it with a smart-plug. If you’ve used both the Auber and the Disorderly Conduction controllers that Phase3 included with their bundles, could you let me know if there are any reasons not to go with the Auber, aside from price and smart-plug functionality?

Vaporware

Having run multiple small businesses that have struggled and failed I get you, but I also think it’s important to remember that very few things really take off fast in a way that can support even one person.

Most businesses require significant investment and take multiple years to even turn a profit. As far as I can tell you’re ahead of the game there, just not where you need to be yet. For a lot of small businesses that is the end because people just can’t continue to put the time and money in hoping that it will pay off later. A lot of times sadly it never does. :(

I think if you’d had the first small ball vape on the market instead of just in your head/prototypes, and if you’d got some buzz on reddit and with reviewers/influencers I think you could be selling more than any of the competition.

As it is, I think more people need to hear about it and understand why it might be better for them.

I try to tell people some things I think are advantages over others, but some people are stuck on specific issues like the 14 vs 18mm size and I think they just have to either try it or hear from enough people that the size is more of a positive than a negative. Having bowls that natively fit 18mm glass easily available could also help…

Maybe we should have a discussion here about what people might be concerned about and whether or not we think those are real issues?

I can start by saying that on size I can fit at least as much as I’d put in a conduction oven into the standard P3 glass bowl and it extracts it so much faster I can’t imagine being able to handle more vapor than I’m getting.

I’ve got a low tolerance so I probably put more like 0.05g or less in at a time and I still get a lot of vapor out of that fast.

If I fill the bowl I turn the temp down and use it much slower but I still have to take a shorter draw. A full bowl at a high temp would leave me coughing like crazy and not being able to stand anymore just due to the sheer volume of vapor.

Maybe some people can handle a lot more and more dense vapor than I can, but it’s hard for me to believe they could outpace a Phase 3 vaporizer.

If you have to pack it in @invertedisdead I get it, but I think you’ve got great stuff here and I think we’d all be better off if you could instead adjust your expectations, keep them available as a side project rather than your main focus since I know you need money, and maybe keep looking at other ways and places to get the name out there and build a solid reputation.

It might take some adjustments, or it might just need time to reach enough of the right people…

I think the reason sales dropped off is there was a lot of pent up demand from those of us who were waiting for this exact device to be released and people who buy and compare tons of these things, and since we don’t need 10 or even 2 of them those sales have slowed a lot (apart from potential accessory sales).

Now this is the period where hopefully our evangelism can start to build out a broader base of people who know and love the ZX/etc. who will hopefully in turn spread it to another round of buyers and so on.

If that works, and I think there is some evidence in this and other threads that it is starting to work, I still think there’s a very legitimate path forward if you want to take it.

If you want to talk about more ideas or if I might be able to help keep things going, just DM me and I’m happy to see what else we could do. :)

Whatever you decide, thanks for creating some awesome stuff and getting it into the hands of people who love it and will use it for years to come. We appreciate you man. :cheers:

I hope I didn’t ramble so much no one reads this… :rolleyes:

Oil420FL

Having run multiple small businesses that have struggled and failed I get you, but I also think it’s important to remember that very few things really take off fast in a way that can support even one person.

Most businesses require significant investment and take multiple years to even turn a profit. As far as I can tell you’re ahead of the game there, just not where you need to be yet. For a lot of small businesses that is the end because people just can’t continue to put the time and money in hoping that it will pay off later. A lot of times sadly it never does. :(

I think if you’d had the first small ball vape on the market instead of just in your head/prototypes, and if you’d got some buzz on reddit and with reviewers/influencers I think you could be selling more than any of the competition.

As it is, I think more people need to hear about it and understand why it might be better for them.

I try to tell people some things I think are advantages over others, but some people are stuck on specific issues like the 14 vs 18mm size and I think they just have to either try it or hear from enough people that the size is more of a positive than a negative. Having bowls that natively fit 18mm glass easily available could also help…

Maybe we should have a discussion here about what people might be concerned about and whether or not we think those are real issues?

I can start by saying that on size I can fit at least as much as I’d put in a conduction oven into the standard P3 glass bowl and it extracts it so much faster I can’t imagine being able to handle more vapor than I’m getting.

I’ve got a low tolerance so I probably put more like 0.05g or less in at a time and I still get a lot of vapor out of that fast.

If I fill the bowl I turn the temp down and use it much slower but I still have to take a shorter draw. A full bowl at a high temp would leave me coughing like crazy and not being able to stand anymore just due to the sheer volume of vapor.

Maybe some people can handle a lot more and more dense vapor than I can, but it’s hard for me to believe they could outpace a Phase 3 vaporizer.

If you have to pack it in @invertedisdead I get it, but I think you’ve got great stuff here and I think we’d all be better off if you could instead adjust your expectations, keep them available as a side project rather than your main focus since I know you need money, and maybe keep looking at other ways and places to get the name out there and build a solid reputation.

It might take some adjustments, or it might just need time to reach enough of the right people…

I think the reason sales dropped off is there was a lot of pent up demand from those of us who were waiting for this exact device to be released and people who buy and compare tons of these things, and since we don’t need 10 or even 2 of them those sales have slowed a lot (apart from potential accessory sales).

Now this is the period where hopefully our evangelism can start to build out a broader base of people who know and love the ZX/etc. who will hopefully in turn spread it to another round of buyers and so on.

If that works, and I think there is some evidence in this and other threads that it is starting to work, I still think there’s a very legitimate path forward if you want to take it.

If you want to talk about more ideas or if I might be able to help keep things going, just DM me and I’m happy to see what else we could do. :)

Whatever you decide, thanks for creating some awesome stuff and getting it into the hands of people who love it and will use it for years to come. We appreciate you man. :cheers:

I hope I didn’t ramble so much no one reads this… :rolleyes:
Yes and there are so many ball vapes just launched or in development that imho lots of potential customers in this niche market are waiting for early adopters to post comparisons before they buy. I’ve seen suggestions on Reddit to wait when someone asked which of the established models to buy. In the long run, I’m betting customers will shake out into two groups: metal-free (or no more than a screen) vs. titanium/stainless. I’ve ordered both types, but I’ve got a Dab-Ready and am probably getting a Cobra Coil on 7-10 so I’m not a normal customer

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Thanks so much for your support and Happy 4th to those celebrating!

I’ll be back tomorrow to get back to everyone. Thank you for the kind messages, it means a lot.

Zirconia bowls should be shipping this week from my manufacturer. 😄

💚💙💜

hendrix

Have a few questions for @invertedisdead

The Disorderly Conduction coil you use, is it some kind of deep dish with an extra wrap? I've seen the ones on their website, looks like they have one less wrap then yours, maybe it's just the picture. Anyways, just curious

My ZX came with coil attached, without the coils being spread apart at all. Works fabulous as it is, but I'm wondering if I stretched the coil wouild that improve it? - tighter fit, and it reaches further down the ZX where the lowest balls sit.

Lastly, would you sell a ZX without the pre-filled rubies? Thinking of getting a 2nd one, and putting zirc or sic ball inside just to make it different. I would have to fit in the screens myself, is that difficult?

Not a question, but if you're ever bringing back the SX, I'd pick one for sure.

Top Bottom