• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Phase3 Vaporizers

Oden

This is a 14mm male to 14mm female adapter with a 3/4" screen shoved down into the grind. This TAG adapter works really well because the glass is thick, has a big maria to lift with, and most important, a very deep grind. This screen is at about the same depth as in the phase3 bowl.
IMG-2183.jpg
IMG-2184.jpg

Thank you, I will copy this method 👍.

There is not an SS screen size that allows you to place the screen at the height you want?
I would like to bring the weed as close as possible to the hot end.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Thank you all so much for the support, super stoked to see this going over well!

I've added a few extra slots for pre-order. Decided to do a larger run of parts so I can get more of these out to everyone!

I love this!!!!!!!

I implored my buddy from back home to grab one for himself. He's been eyeballing my Z8 during our calls

Thanks so much for the support and spreading the good word! It really helps a lot!

@invertedisdead

I would love to see you build something in the “metal butane pen” form factor, I’m not much of a desktop user but would still like to own something you’ve designed and support you

Specifically something that can clear a bowl in one hit like the anvil, plus I really enjoy the more rounded high of devices with a noticeable conduction lean

Would pay big money for something like that :D

Thanks for dropping by, really appreciate your interest in supporting my stuff!! Just posting in this thread helps honestly!

I've definitely got butane ready designs for both pen shape and 14MM glass, but they need to be built and tested out.
Trying to really do some stuff this year so maybe they will see an appearance sooner than later, hard to say for sure but they're out there!

Aight I'm game for one of the Phase3 SX's

Happy to be able to support my innovative bro and awesome to get one of those innovations in my collection

Thanks so much dude, it really helps a ton!! :rockon:

When will the Z8 go up again? I like the metal concept (I've pre-ordered) but I'm looking forward to the next round of Z8s too.

Thanks so much for the support, I definitely recognize all of you continuing supporters who ordered, so thanks a ton for that, seriously!

Z8's will definitely still be returning, long story short I've been "off the grid" for quite a long time so I need to get some paperwork situated so that I can import them commercially and avoid any customs issues.

The only reason the Z8 wouldn't return is if I decided to replace it with the Z-Pro.
I'm ready to really push the boundaries this year so I would like to try and get one in to test... I could even get it faster than the Z8. But for now and until further notice the Z8 is the flagship PHASE3 model for sure!

I ordered the SX 🥳🥳🥳

Okay thank you for this information!
What is the size of the screens in SS that it is necessary to take for this type of 14mm bowls?

If you can share a picture of this bowl with the screen that would be great please 🙏

Thanks so much for your support! It means a lot :rockon:

I use 1/2" (12.7MM) stainless steel screens in the 14MM adapters.
Slightly larger screens would let you go a little bit higher in the bowl, like if you could find a 13MM screen.

Got my order in!

@invertedisdead will you be offering the SX pre fitted with a coil or should I buy my own coil separately to fit myself?

Also, being a 14mm injector, will it sit nicely in any of the existing stands from other manufacturers (CH, Old Head) besides the DC one?

This will be my first ball vape so I’m quite excited. I’m liking the 14mm size and the material (SS), though I think I’ll still be in the market once the Z8 is available again.

Cheers.

Thanks a ton for your support, you're in for a treat! And I hope to see you around on the next Z8 train!! :cool:

I'm not offering any electronics myself on this run for the time being, it's just a big upfront expense for something I'm not making any profit on right now. It's better to buy them from a retailer who can provide service for them if needed. Once I get settled in I hope to become a retailer myself for the electronic components, then I can offer them directly and provide that same quality of service.

I didn't like the way the Z8 fit in the CH stand so I probably wouldn't recommend that one. It just has the wrong leverage for these.

I liked the Qshop stand better, it's sort of like an enclosed version of the DC stand. I think it's just a coffee cup with two slots cut on a wet saw lol, it's pretty crafty.

Also thanks so much to a really awesome FC member and pal who sent me these stands to check!

I'm probably going to have to think about building my own stand, here's a mock-up for one I designed recently as sort of a vape-station tidy-upper.

vape-stand.png

I've been using a shot glass that sits in a hole drilled in a wood block to hold my z8.

I like it! I use the bucket from a broken quartz banger as my SCVW stand :D

I’ve been wondering about the (very few as far as I know) people who have had the coils loosen on their Z8s; are you using stands that hold the head and let the coil hang off it all day? Is anyone still having that problem?

Mine still seems tight, but I’ve been using the included stand. I’m interested in other options, but I’m a little concerned about things that don’t support the coil, especially because I have the added weight of a handle on it… :sherlock:

There was definitely some issues with coils loosening up on Z8's, not all of them, but it affected a decent amount of them. The diameter on the housing will be increased a little tiny bit on the next batch and that should go away. I've already implemented that adjustment on the SX. The Z8 was my first design where I really had that level of control on tolerance, all the previous designs being hand worked glass never gave me that ability to be so precise.

I'm still not totally sure if the coils are "loosening up" after being powered on for a while and "breaking in."
It kind of seems like they do, but I just can't say for sure.

I us

e the included stand and mine was loose since day one. I tightened it but at those higher temps it still gets loose. We're nice and tight when I run anywhere under around 500 on my DC however.

If it is loose and it happens to bother you definitely don't hesitate to send it in; I'll tighten it up and do a proper bench test to make sure everything is rock solid. I think I was also still a little nervous with the first batch of Z8's as I still wasn't 100% sure how tough they would be, and coming from all my previous glass versions I've learned to be pretty gentle with the coils, whereas the Z8 and the SX should realistically be able to take the compression no problem.
I definitely got better at setting the coils as I did more of them but ultimately it's better to increase the diameter of the part, so future batches shouldn't need any coil adjusting.

Thanks again everyone, seriously appreciate your support and please don't hesitate to reach out if I can help with anything!

Oden

Thank you all so much for the support, super stoked to see this going over well!

I've added a few extra slots for pre-order. Decided to do a larger run of parts so I can get more of these out to everyone!

Thanks so much for the support and spreading the good word! It really helps a lot!

Thanks for dropping by, really appreciate your interest in supporting my stuff!! Just posting in this thread helps honestly!

I've definitely got butane ready designs for both pen shape and 14MM glass, but they need to be built and tested out.
Trying to really do some stuff this year so maybe they will see an appearance sooner than later, hard to say for sure but they're out there!

Thanks so much dude, it really helps a ton!! :rockon:

Thanks so much for the support, I definitely recognize all of you continuing supporters who ordered, so thanks a ton for that, seriously!

Z8's will definitely still be returning, long story short I've been "off the grid" for quite a long time so I need to get some paperwork situated so that I can import them commercially and avoid any customs issues.

The only reason the Z8 wouldn't return is if I decided to replace it with the Z-Pro.
I'm ready to really push the boundaries this year so I would like to try and get one in to test... I could even get it faster than the Z8. But for now and until further notice the Z8 is the flagship PHASE3 model for sure!

Thanks so much for your support! It means a lot :rockon:

I use 1/2" (12.7MM) stainless steel screens in the 14MM adapters.
Slightly larger screens would let you go a little bit higher in the bowl, like if you could find a 13MM screen.

Thanks a ton for your support, you're in for a treat! And I hope to see you around on the next Z8 train!! :cool:

I'm not offering any electronics myself on this run for the time being, it's just a big upfront expense for something I'm not making any profit on right now. It's better to buy them from a retailer who can provide service for them if needed. Once I get settled in I hope to become a retailer myself for the electronic components, then I can offer them directly and provide that same quality of service.

I didn't like the way the Z8 fit in the CH stand so I probably wouldn't recommend that one. It just has the wrong leverage for these.

I liked the Qshop stand better, it's sort of like an enclosed version of the DC stand. I think it's just a coffee cup with two slots cut on a wet saw lol, it's pretty crafty.

Also thanks so much to a really awesome FC member and pal who sent me these stands to check!

I'm probably going to have to think about building my own stand, here's a mock-up for one I designed recently as sort of a vape-station tidy-upper.

vape-stand.png

I like it! I use the bucket from a broken quartz banger as my SCVW stand :D

There was definitely some issues with coils loosening up on Z8's, not all of them, but it affected a decent amount of them. The diameter on the housing will be increased a little tiny bit on the next batch and that should go away. I've already implemented that adjustment on the SX. The Z8 was my first design where I really had that level of control on tolerance, all the previous designs being hand worked glass never gave me that ability to be so precise.

I'm still not totally sure if the coils are "loosening up" after being powered on for a while and "breaking in."
It kind of seems like they do, but I just can't say for sure.

If it is loose and it happens to bother you definitely don't hesitate to send it in; I'll tighten it up and do a proper bench test to make sure everything is rock solid. I think I was also still a little nervous with the first batch of Z8's as I still wasn't 100% sure how tough they would be, and coming from all my previous glass versions I've learned to be pretty gentle with the coils, whereas the Z8 and the SX should realistically be able to take the compression no problem.
I definitely got better at setting the coils as I did more of them but ultimately it's better to increase the diameter of the part, so future batches shouldn't need any coil adjusting.

Thanks again everyone, seriously appreciate your support and please don't hesitate to reach out if I can help with anything!
What would be perfect in your next sales would indeed be a stand and even better a vaping station 😍.
And for noobs like me, a custom made custom coil already installed, like O'Connell does for his TKO.
I found it really perfect, and very satisfying to know that everything was perfectly installed to start vaping in the best conditions.
It will also give more confidence for less experienced people to buy 😁.

This year is going to be awesome with you InveZsion.
Now that I'm going to have this SX that I didn't expect lol, my next investment in your range will undoubtedly be the Z PRO.
An indestructible zirconia bowl, which optimizes performance is really an idea that I like 👍

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Looks like we sold out last night :bowdown: I've added a few more units to the ordering page!

Couldn’t resist the sx, preorder is in. Can’t wait!

Thanks so much for jumping on board!! Stoked to have you riding with us :rockon:

What would be perfect in your next sales would indeed be a stand and even better a vaping station 😍.
And for noobs like me, a custom made custom coil already installed, like O'Connell does for his TKO.
I found it really perfect, and very satisfying to know that everything was perfectly installed to start vaping in the best conditions.
It will also give more confidence for less experienced people to buy 😁.

This year is going to be awesome with you InveZsion.
Now that I'm going to have this SX that I didn't expect lol, my next investment in your range will undoubtedly be the Z PRO.
An indestructible zirconia bowl, which optimizes performance is really an idea that I like 👍

It's definitely in the plan!

I'm just a little bit late to my own party lol.

I use one of these stands with an 18/14 reducer.

20210805_134746_900x.jpg

Does everything feel pretty stable with those? I could probably get glass stands made easy enough by my glassblower.
I guess they're fairly easy to find already, this Custom Creations goblet stand seems kinda cool!

DSC09635.jpg

Or this one by Elev8

20220307_135647__93136.1647024797.jpg

If I did a custom stand or vape station organizer, what material do folks want to see? Wood? Metal? Glass?

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Looks like we sold out last night :bowdown: I've added a few more units to the ordering page!

Thanks so much for jumping on board!! Stoked to have you riding with us :rockon:

It's definitely in the plan!

I'm just a little bit late to my own party lol.

Does everything feel pretty stable with those? I could probably get glass stands made easy enough by my glassblower.
I guess they're fairly easy to find already, this Custom Creations goblet stand seems kinda cool!

DSC09635.jpg

Or this one by Elev8

20220307_135647__93136.1647024797.jpg

If I did a custom stand or vape station organizer, what material do folks want to see? Wood? Metal? Glass?
I would love something with like a wood base, a slot to put the Z8 and the bowl and an avb area with a spike for decarbing. Like an all in one sort of station to keep it all organized. Maybe even have a controller built into the setup. A bubbler to fit in the system would also be super cool.

Have you seen the stuff valkarie2002 makes?

I'm thinking something like this but with a space for avb as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/xfuybp

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I really fucking love how the SX is taking off. Congrats mate, you deserve all the praise you're receiving at the moment. I'm not going to pick one up myself right now (sorry!), but I'm looking forward to everyone's reactions after they get them in hand.

Does everything feel pretty stable with those?

Yeah, it's perfectly solid! My vape station is next to the bed, but also out of the way. It is possible to pull the head out by the coil cable but I haven't found it very easy and it's not happened accidently yet. The one in the picture has a smaller base than the one I'm using, it's not come close to tipping over.

That goblet one is fucking gorgeous!

Oden

Hi everyone !
I imagine a glass stand for the SX would not be highly recommended?
I heard the SS expands and can stick to the glass? or something like that.
But I'm really not sure about that.

And sincerely a glass stand would suit me, I found some cheap ones, and cool ones 😎.
The second option would be Qshop support, which I really like, I had three of them a while back, but sold them all when I got rid of the Qshop range I own lol.
I should have kept one 🙄

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Oh. I missed the SX. Again.
But that is fine for me. I don't think I need another metal-ruby-vape.

I still aim for the Z8. I hope I won't miss the preorders next round.
I went ahead and got an SX. I hesitated too long on the Z8 an missed out last time. I could see myself enjoying this more than my B1. I think part of the reason I love my CL is the 14mm injector. It really hits a sweet spot.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I went ahead and got an SX. I hesitated too long on the Z8 an missed out last time. I could see myself enjoying this more than my B1. I think part of the reason I love my CL is the 14mm injector. It really hits a sweet spot.

Thanks SO much for jumping on board!!
Yeah I don’t want to sound too hyperbolic (especially now as a manufacturer) but having made all my different 18mm designs over the years before switching to the 14mm, I really don’t feel like I get any less of a hit with the 14mm, while using quite a bit less material. If I did feel that something was lacking I know I would have went right back to 18mm.

I absolutely feel the vapor is smoother with the 14mm. Is that just from vaping less material? Maybe, but either way it’s a win IMHO!

Also another big round of applause to all of you! Preorders are closed for now, I MAY be able to reflux a few additional units, need to check with the machine shop tomorrow with that, but I will post an update on here and IG if I’m able to swing some more sets.

Thanks again everyone and enjoy your weekend! I know all the Z8 / ZED8TED crew is grinding something extra sticky today 😁

Super strange long bout of rain still going on here in San Diego lately, so you know I’ll be huddling up near a warm vape station 😂

MechFam

Whether legacy devices or new innovations, invertedisdead engineers excellence. While waiting for the next round of Z8s, I brought out a sapphire 1.7 to pair w a new glass. I like a slow draw w mnimal resistance and I’m always amazed by how open this feels for a heater w balls. Trying to figure out how to post video.

Last edited:

Oden

Inverzion 1.7 on DC 3D @ 580 🥳

Wow nice.
This is the first time I've seen the 1.7 in action.
The flavor must be great!

I missed the development of 1.7, I was disconnected from the world of vaping during this period.
Like the Z8 it works with 14mm adapters?
Your glass bowl is awesome, looks like the CH bowl?

MechFam

Wow nice.
Flavor can be great; especially around 560. Here, I’m running it a bit hotter to get w quick milk w low drag; tasted terpy but toasty.

Works w 18mm female joints and injector bowls. This Bowl is the 18mm Grav Octabowl.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Forgot to reply to some messages, whoops!

I’m in for a SX! This is exciting, don’t have an injector currently so this will be a great new experience.

Thanks for taking a chance on us!! We won't let ya down! :rockon:

I really fucking love how the SX is taking off. Congrats mate, you deserve all the praise you're receiving at the moment. I'm not going to pick one up myself right now (sorry!), but I'm looking forward to everyone's reactions after they get them in hand.

Yeah, it's perfectly solid! My vape station is next to the bed, but also out of the way. It is possible to pull the head out by the coil cable but I haven't found it very easy and it's not happened accidently yet. The one in the picture has a smaller base than the one I'm using, it's not come close to tipping over.

That goblet one is fucking gorgeous!

Thanks so much for your continued support my friend, you already know it means a lot!
I can definitely look into getting some of these sort of stands easily enough.

The goblet one is super cool, though I do wonder if the higher CG might complicate things, compared to something that sits lower to the table?

Inverzion 1.7 on DC 3D @ 580 🥳

:rockon:awesome milk shot dude! Always great to see everyone enjoying my gear.

Thanks so much for the support and the awesome feedback!! All that stuff definitely helps me so much to spread the word so thanks a ton for that!!

Oh. I missed the SX. Again.
But that is fine for me. I don't think I need another metal-ruby-vape.

I still aim for the Z8. I hope I won't miss the preorders next round.

Thanks so much for your interest dude!

Z Train is definitely still steaming forward :brow:

Wow nice.

I missed the development of 1.7, I was disconnected from the world of vaping during this period.

The 1.7 is awesome, super pure and simple. It's very much a "path of least resistance" so to speak. I could get some more of them made but the inherent glass durability makes them a little tricky to put them together. With the SX and Z8 I've solved that problem I spent a long time messing with, so not sure it's really worth revisiting, but the vapor quality from the 1.7 is really nice and I know a lot of people still want an 18MM bowl. That said there's a lot of options for 18MM ball vapes so I'm happy to still be able to differentiate myself.

This one is loaded with 4MM sapphires too for nice flow, I personally run 4MM sapphires in all of my devices, even my Z8, but I really chase low draw resistance. The SX will have a more open flow though already, so the 3MM should be a really nice balance in that one.

Gonna try and get back to all my messages and emails today so thank you all for your patience!
Trying to not be quite as involved with the vape biz stuff on the weekends.
I find throughout the course of this journey I often times was not making enough of a distinction between when I was and wasn't working on stuff and that was creating some issues staying wrapped up in these projects at 9 oclock at night. I think a lot of the small vape brands probably struggle with it a bit, there's a lot to do! Lots to learn, and plenty of opportunities for growth - I'm really excited you all are coming along for the ride, thanks for that!

Cheers and happy Monday to all!
Another wet one here today, fire up those "hand warmers" ;)

Planck

believes in Dog

The goblet one is super cool, though I do wonder if the higher CG might complicate things, compared to something that sits lower to the table?
Perhaps an easy option would be to offer a post for the CH hanger system. It's tapped 1/4 x 20 thread. Or even an insert for their post to take it from 18mm to 14mm. It's a very good and safe design.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Perhaps an easy option would be to offer a post for the CH hanger system. It's tapped 1/4 x 20 thread. Or even an insert for their post to take it from 18mm to 14mm. It's a very good and safe design.

I had considered that the other day when we were spitballing about stands, I think it's a great idea.
Clearly you've also been blessed with a great mind :brow:

I'm so open to working with people I even thought about sending Ed an email to see if he wanted to make these for me.
I know he doesn't really have any open machine time though.

This post is actually a bit more complicated and expensive to machine than it appears at face value however, suffice to say you need 5 axis capability to hit that internal taper.
External tapers are easy, a lathe can easily do them. But the internal tapers take the real fancy gear to pull off.

Oden

Forgot to reply to some messages, whoops!

Thanks for taking a chance on us!! We won't let ya down! :rockon:

Thanks so much for your continued support my friend, you already know it means a lot!

:rockon:awesome milk shot dude! Always great to see everyone enjoying my gear.

Thanks so much for the support and the awesome feedback!! All that stuff definitely helps me so much to spread the word so thanks a ton for that!!

Thanks so much for your interest dude!

Z Train is definitely still steaming forward :brow:

The 1.7 is awesome, super pure and simple. It's very much a "path of least resistance" so to speak. I could get some more of them made but the inherent glass durability makes them a little tricky to put them together. With the SX and Z8 I've solved that problem I spent a long time messing with, so not sure it's really worth revisiting, but the vapor quality from the 1.7 is really nice and I know a lot of people still want an 18MM bowl. That said there's a lot of options for 18MM ball vapes so I'm happy to still be able to differentiate myself.

This one is loaded with 4MM sapphires too for nice flow, I personally run 4MM sapphires in all of my devices, even my Z8, but I really chase low draw resistance. The SX will have a more open flow though already, so the 3MM should be a really nice balance in that one.

Gonna try and get back to all my messages and emails today so thank you all for your patience!
Trying to not be quite as involved with the vape biz stuff on the weekends.
I find throughout the course of this journey I often times was not making enough of a distinction between when I was and wasn't working on stuff and that was creating some issues staying wrapped up in these projects at 9 oclock at night. I think a lot of the small vape brands probably struggle with it a bit, there's a lot to do! Lots to learn, and plenty of opportunities for growth - I'm really excited you all are coming along for the ride, thanks for that!

Cheers and happy Monday to all!
Another wet one here today, fire up those "hand warmers" ;)
I think Z8, SX and soon Z PRO was the next logical step.
I like the glass a lot, but I would have ended up breaking it lol.
If I had followed the thread at that time I would have definitely bought this 1.7 😁.
And taking a step back I'm glad your design is in 14mm.
It changes from what I already have.

I also have a preference for very open airflow.
It's cool to know that SX will be as open as the Z8.
I also like diversified.. so I would probably end up trying other sizes of sapphires to see the differences.
Like 2.5mm.
I wonder if the heat retention would not be too strong with it?
Of course the airflow will be different lol

Planck

believes in Dog
I even thought about sending Ed an email to see if he wanted to make these for me.
All you've got to loose is the time it takes to write the email.
This post is actually a bit more complicated and expensive to machine than it appears at face value however, suffice to say you need 5 axis capability to hit that internal taper.
External tapers are easy, a lathe can easily do them. But the internal tapers take the real fancy gear to pull off.
I don't think so, any lathe with a compound slide can do internal tapers. Any competent shop can make this. Regardless I suggest you are over complicating the solution. I suggest that a taper is not required and potentially creates some issues, Heat transfer and potential sticking come to mind.

Below is a section view of the internals for a stand that can be likely be made with standard drill bits.

Code:
|     |  slightly larger than taper at this depth
\    /   taper from drill bit 45 or maybe 60 degree
 |  |    slightly larger than taper again

Hope that makes sense?
Clearly you've also been blessed with a great mind :brow:
Peas in a pod yeah. :lol:

@invertedisdead
ETA: In the example above the small dia hole only needs to be a couple of mm deep. Just enough to catch the tip of the taper to prevent excess tipping.

It occurs to me that there is no particular reason why the stand post needs to be female. What about a male post kind of like the CH post but with the the OD of the post slightly smaller than the ID of your tapered piece. Perhaps a little flange at the bottom is needed to prevent the post from hitting the screen? Dunno exactly how your piece is on the inside but you do. :) This is essentially how the standard B1 and B2 work with the CH post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom