Phase3 Vaporizers

hotmeals

Serial vapist
I'm a bit of a pyro and rather enjoy the process of manual vapes. Definitely more of a small bowl person, but a larger bowl that is still able to efficiently vape a small load like has been alluded to would be perfect.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Current idea is to do two different models for the butane / induction category.

Model one is purpose built specifically for micro dosing.
The head has been designed to retain heat in just the right places but reduced elsewhere for extra efficiency with induction heaters or torch heatup times. It also features a unique aerodynamically optimized stem designed specifically for direct draw inhalations.

Model two is an advanced thermodynamically optimized hybrid with a large [adjustable] bowl.
Combining conduction forward heating with one of my new high surface area convection heaters.
A purpose built dry stem could definitely be designed, but currently this one sits on a discrete WPA for glass pairing.

VapoBubbler

Hi guys,

Wow, this Phase3 ZX Vape looks fantastic!

I've been using Arizer products for over 10 years now (EQ1, Air 1, 2 & Max).
Really like the devices, you can get some good hits if you take loong, slow draws.
But I’m getting tired of taking those long and slow draws all the time, and often missing some "punch" in the hits.
Very good session vapes, but I want something stronger.

This year I got the Dynavap M7XL, its really fun to use but the flavor is not as good as with the pure glas air path stuff from Arizer.
I like the fast extraction of the smaller .05 to .1 loads, but want something without the stainless steal conduction flavour.
So, I started looking into ball vapes and was already pretty close to pulling the trigger on the Taroma 360.
It has similar bowls to the Arizer system and I’ve seen it recommended many times as one of the best ball vapes for microdosing (it comes with a microdose bowl with a little basket screen).
Also like the idea of heatsoaking the bowl for different kind of hits.
But some users complain that the 18mm microdosing bowls (which seem to be simple 18mm male plugs) keep getting stuck in the heater, and I did not see anyone reccommending them.
The normal 360 glass and TI bowls are bigger, and I feel like the whole setup is more designed for bigger loads and overkill for microdosing.

Now I just found the Phase3 ZX, I love the fact that its made of Zirconia, sounds much better than TI (better taste, no worries about a titanium allergy, and it looks soo damn great!)
Its so well designed, perfect for smaller loads and so many people here say its their favourite one hitter for microdosing with the purest taste!
You really got me, but I would need to get it shipped to Germany, can you tell me:

1. Does anyone know how much I’d be looking at for import fees or taxes for shipping to Germany? (19% taxes plus some customs charges?)
2. Have people here received their units in Germany without problems?
2. Whats the estimated shipping date for current preorders of the ZX [14MM] Plug-&-Play Bundle (with EU Plug)?
I couldn’t find any recent info on the last pages, sorry if I missed it!

And sorry for "spamming" @invertedisdead, I already sent you an email with similar questions yesterday, but it would be nice to get some community feedback, too : )

RedZep

Hi guys,

Wow, this Phase3 ZX Vape looks fantastic!

I've been using Arizer products for over 10 years now (EQ1, Air 1, 2 & Max).
Really like the devices, you can get some good hits if you take loong, slow draws.
But I’m getting tired of taking those long and slow draws all the time, and often missing some "punch" in the hits.
Very good session vapes, but I want something stronger.

This year I got the Dynavap M7XL, its really fun to use but the flavor is not as good as with the pure glas air path stuff from Arizer.
I like the fast extraction of the smaller .05 to .1 loads, but want something without the stainless steal conduction flavour.
So, I started looking into ball vapes and was already pretty close to pulling the trigger on the Taroma 360.
It has similar bowls to the Arizer system and I’ve seen it recommended many times as one of the best ball vapes for microdosing (it comes with a microdose bowl with a little basket screen).
Also like the idea of heatsoaking the bowl for different kind of hits.
But some users complain that the 18mm microdosing bowls (which seem to be simple 18mm male plugs) keep getting stuck in the heater, and I did not see anyone reccommending them.
The normal 360 glass and TI bowls are bigger, and I feel like the whole setup is more designed for bigger loads and overkill for microdosing.

Now I just found the Phase3 ZX, I love the fact that its made of Zirconia, sounds much better than TI (better taste, no worries about a titanium allergy, and it looks soo damn great!)
Its so well designed, perfect for smaller loads and so many people here say its their favourite one hitter for microdosing with the purest taste!
You really got me, but I would need to get it shipped to Germany, can you tell me:

1. Does anyone know how much I’d be looking at for import fees or taxes for shipping to Germany? (19% taxes plus some customs charges?)
2. Whats the estimated shipping date for current preorders of the ZX [14MM] Plug-&-Play Bundle (with EU Plug)?

And sorry for "spamming" @invertedisdead, I already sent you an email with similar questions yesterday, but it would be nice to get some community feedback, too : )
It's the best microdoser. Especially among ball vapes. The only other ball vape designed around mircrodoses is the new PinchHitter. But that design is terrible imo, as it has way too much thermal mass for such a small bowl.

The benefit of the ZX is not just how effectively it extracts smaller amounts (full bowl 0.15g half bowl 0.075g) but how smooth it is, even on very small dry bubblers or j-hooks.

It also requires zero bowl pre heating. After a hit you can feel that the bowl is barely warm, which suggests most the heat goes straight into the herb (maybe due to the Zirconium?) This combined with how airtight the fit is create the perfect snappy effifcient extraction. Draw speed is irrelevant also. Go hard if you want. Even with a half bowl.

I paid 20% import fees to UK. Full paid price was well worth it for me. You should just google German import fees. It will tell you how much, and at what price point they come into effect. You could try and come in under the import fee allowance, by ordering the ZX sans PID, as it uses quite universal pin set up. I would have no problem replacing my PID in UK for example.

Now for the bad news. ZX is not on sale right now. @invertedisdead will maybe be able to give you an idea when the next batch will be available. All I will say is this beauty is well worth waiting for. Even if you go for a placeholder device in the mean time, you would not regret a ZX whenever you get your hands on one.

Last edited:

dudeguy

Model two is an advanced thermodynamically optimized hybrid with a large [adjustable] bowl.
Combining conduction forward heating with one of my new high surface area convection heaters.
A purpose built dry stem could definitely be designed, but currently this one sits on a discrete WPA for glass pairing.

That sounds great, while I am happy with my Tempest right now I would definitely buy a hybrid/conduction leaning Vape to complement it in the near future :tup:

Oden

Has anyone tried to adapt the z-bowl for use with other vapes as an injector bowl? I'd love a 14mm injector bowl made entirely of zirconia to use with the Couchlog for example.
I've seen people use the z bowl with the SKO, or the Omega with the 14mm insert.
And it works wonderfully with these vapes.
But I have yet to see anyone use or say that the CL works well with the bol z

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I always thought a carbon fibre handle would work well. Would fit the aestetics and be super light

Ergonomic handles are coming soon for test fitting, if they fit together well they would be available to buy shortly after.

They are plastic so they will be lightweight.

I've been wanting to build this part for a few years so I'm happy to finally get it off the list!

Greetings friend,

Thanks so much for your interest in my gear,

I'm not exactly sure on the regional import fees, but I have a bunch of awesome ZX owners in Germany and all over Europe who really enjoy the stash saving high efficiency that the ZX provides.

The only issue with shipping to Germany is their customs is now denying my PID controller, so you'd need to order without one and purchase a compatible controller from somewhere else. I've not had an issue with this in any other country but Germany, but the rest of the kit is being accepted thus far with no issues.

Ship date is at least 30 days out, things are a quite a bit behind right now.
Really the idea was to discontinue them after the last units went out due to reduced order volume,
but I'm trying to keep them alive if I can continue to sell them.

I've had a number of customers tell me they couldn't use their titanium ball vapes anymore and my ZX allows them to keep vaping the way they like. I'm glad people are finding enjoyment and relief with my products.

It's the best microdoser. Especially among ball vapes. The only other ball vape designed around mircrodoses is the new PinchHitter. But that design is terrible imo, as it has way too much thermal mass for such a small bowl.

The benefit of the ZX is not just how effectively it extracts smaller amounts (full bowl 0.15g half bowl 0.075g) but how smooth it is, even on very small dry bubblers or j-hooks.

It also requires zero bowl pre heating. After a hit you can feel that the bowl is barely warm, which suggests most the heat goes straight into the herb (maybe due to the Zirconium?) This combined with how airtight the fit is create the perfect snappy effifcient extraction. Draw speed is irrelevant also. Go hard if you want. Even with a half bowl.

I paid 20% import fees to UK. Full paid price was well worth it for me. You should just google German import fees. It will tell you how much, and at what price point they come into effect. You could try and come in under the import fee allowance, by ordering the ZX sans PID, as it uses quite universal pin set up. I would have no problem replacing my PID in UK for example.

Now for the bad news. ZX is not on sale right now. @invertedisdead will maybe be able to give you an idea when the next batch will be available. All I will say is this beauty is well worth waiting for. Even if you go for a placeholder device in the mean time, you would not regret a ZX whenever you get your hands on one.

Thanks so much for the stellar testimony!!

Has anyone tried to adapt the z-bowl for use with other vapes as an injector bowl? I'd love a 14mm injector bowl made entirely of zirconia to use with the Couchlog for example.

That's probably a better idea than anything I currently offer lol

It could be done for sure as long as there's no thermal expansion issues. Should be fine for injectors.

Could be pretty affordable too if a bunch of people supported the idea.

That sounds great, while I am happy with my Tempest right now I would definitely buy a hybrid/conduction leaning Vape to complement it in the near future :tup:

I'm pretty excited about this project :science:

It's inspired by a legacy heavyweight champion, but with a new P3 designed low profile convection heater.

Samples are ordered so torch feedback will come first; but I need to get a new induction heater to test that capability with as I sold my last IH a while back.

I was thinking of just getting the Wand since it's so popular, it should be a good reference point, but the Flare seems worth looking into also.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
That's probably a better idea than anything I currently offer lol

It could be done for sure as long as there's no thermal expansion issues. Should be fine for injectors.

Could be pretty affordable too if a bunch of people supported the idea.
I would be down for all-zirconia injector bowls in 14mm and 18mm in a heartbeat. Right now we have metal, glass and wood to choose from unless there are ceramic options out there I don't know of. All have their drawbacks. Perceived metal taste or metal sensitivity from metal bowls, glass is nice but fragile and wood is nice but doesn't always have a neutral taste.

An indestructible injector bowl that tastes as neutral as glass, is as strong as metal and as insulating as wood (close, I'm guessing?) would be a huge win. Also easy to clean. You could drop it in iso or just torch the f-ck out of it 😆. Sign me up!

Edit: I stand corrected. Qaromashop has a ceramic injector bowl but it's sold out and only mates to Qaromashop housing.

Last edited:

RedZep

I would be down for all-zirconia injector bowls in 14mm and 18mm in a heartbeat. Right now we have metal, glass and wood to choose from unless there are ceramic options out there I don't know of. All have their drawbacks. Perceived metal taste or metal sensitivity from metal bowls, glass is nice but fragile and wood is nice but doesn't always have a neutral taste.

An indestructible injector bowl that tastes as neutral as glass, is as strong as metal and as insulating as wood (close, I'm guessing?) would be a huge win. Also easy to clean. You could drop it in iso or just torch the f-ck out of it 😆. Sign me up!

Edit: I stand corrected. Qaromashop has a ceramic injector bowl but it's sold out and only mates to Qaromashop housing.
Not a bad idea. It would introduce the ball vape market at large to try Zirc. Could easily imagine it being a gateway to getting a full Zirc head.

VapoBubbler

Thank you for your feedback @RedZep and @invertedisdead.

That sounds perfect! I like to use smaller bongs and bubblers, and already had the impression that the small ZX design would be a better for those pieces than the bigger, normal-sized ball vapes. It’s good to hear that it’s actually smooth enough to use with them!

The only issue with shipping to Germany is their customs is now denying my PID controller, so you'd need to order without one and purchase a compatible controller from somewhere else. I've not had an issue with this in any other country but Germany, but the rest of the kit is being accepted thus far with no issues.

Ship date is at least 30 days out, things are a quite a bit behind right now.
Really the idea was to discontinue them after the last units went out due to reduced order volume,
but I'm trying to keep them alive if I can continue to sell them.

Thank you for the advice. I’ll order without the PID. It’s sad to hear that it might be discontinued, and I don’t understand why it’s not selling well with all the benefits it has compared to the bigger, regular sized TI ballvapes.
It sounds like not enough people are aware of the benefits, and it’s not popular enough yet..?
Hope you can keep them on the market!

Did you mean it’s unclear whether the next batch might be the last one, or is it unclear if there will even be a next batch?

I'm really curious about the new handle. I think I'll order one together with the new bowl.

The honeymoon phase is over with the Tempest, and in my opinion, the ZX can't be beaten. The taste is so pure, and I notice that the ZX really gives me energy and doesn’t make me tired the next day.
I do experience this with the Tempest.

I'm really glad I own both of these vapes; they’re both great in their own way.

Really love the wireless design, it looks badass. Unfortunately it's too big for me, I’m secretly hoping there will be a mini version one day, like the ZX.

RedZep

Thank you for your feedback @RedZep and @invertedisdead.

That sounds perfect! I like to use smaller bongs and bubblers, and already had the impression that the small ZX design would be a better for those pieces than the bigger, normal-sized ball vapes. It’s good to hear that it’s actually smooth enough to use with them!

Thank you for the advice. I’ll order without the PID. It’s sad to hear that it might be discontinued, and I don’t understand why it’s not selling well with all the benefits it has compared to the bigger, regular sized TI ballvapes.
It sounds like not enough people are aware of the benefits, and it’s not popular enough yet..?
Hope you can keep them on the market!

Did you mean it’s unclear whether the next batch might be the last one, or is it unclear if there will even be a next batch?
I only use it on these two pieces. I'll post a video later showing some rapid fire half bowl hits.

Zagala

I no longer have a CL but I do have two 14mm Male GTR by Alan and I just tried the ZX bowl with the SS heater cover one - the cousin to CL - and it works perfectly, no adjustment needed. I am really happy with this option for my GTRs - a tasty OG Kush bowl! I am excited to try the ZX bowl later with the glass heater cover GTR. This reminds me that before getting the ZX I had the U.S. made custom ZX glass bowl for my CL at the time.

Top Bottom